ImageImageImageImageImage

Poll: 5 Years From Now, Which Young Raptor is the Best Player?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Who is the Best Player 5 Years From Now?

Powell
31%
Wright
6%
Siakam
8%
Poeltl
12%
Anunoby
25%
Caboclo
19%

Total votes: 104

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Poll: 5 Years From Now, Which Young Raptor is the Best Player? 

Post#21 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:18 am

Pascal siakam
Raptors til death
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,533

Post#22 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:27 am

Poeltl - the best combo of youth and production on the team, and the highest pedigree prospect
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#23 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:34 am

OG
kieferli
Analyst
And1: 4,080

Post#24 » by kieferli » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:15 am

If Anunoby fully recover from injury I think he will be the best basic in his potential. This kind of player hard to find in NBA
Credit:Clutch0z24
tdot56
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#25 » by tdot56 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:17 am

Bruno...
rlserenity
Sophomore
And1: 148

Post#26 » by rlserenity » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:41 am

the real question is how many of these player would even remain with the raptor in 5 years
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#27 » by Lukeem » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:51 am

JV
Jef
Sixth Man
And1: 3,405

Post#28 » by Jef » Mon Aug 7, 2017 4:36 am

If you were allowed 3 choices, Poetl might have the most votes. So I went with the next Dirk.

I say that not because of any skill similarities - just because he's tall white and fugly. And I love his attitude, and his potential.

Mebbe he just fugly now. Mebbe he become dashing with age.
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
mamadoundiaye
Rookie
And1: 1,151

Post#29 » by mamadoundiaye » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:32 am

Bruno
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,287

Post#30 » by rapstarter » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:18 pm

rlserenity wrote:the real question is how many of these player would even remain with the raptor in 5 years

Masai will keep giving Bruno his contracts as long as he's here.
Peja Stojakovic
Starter
And1: 2,939

Post#31 » by Peja Stojakovic » Mon Aug 7, 2017 12:28 pm

i think norm and poeltl are gunna be the only ones still in the league

dunno abt anunoby
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#32 » by jonny three time » Mon Aug 7, 2017 3:13 pm

How is Bruno one vote away from being in second place?

Are people blowing up the poll just to be funny? Or do 19 people actually think he's going to be a better player than all 5 of the other guys? Even if someone believes he can still be a rotation player, do they really see all of the other guys being worse? Wouldn't that be a disaster for this groups development as a whole?

I'm also surprised Siakam is second lowest. Between his time early last year starting, to how great he was in the D-league, to his summer league performance, he's shown enough to be a good role player with some untapped offense, once he's done developing.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#33 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:21 pm

I will answer more so who will be the best player and that for me is OG Anunoby.

Tough to say who in "5 years from now" because guys like Norm and Delon will be 29 & 30 so they will be at their absolute prime where as a kid like OG would be just about starting it.

I really think Powell is going to max out somewhere around being a smaller "Iggy" level player which is great and I don't mean their games are the same because Norm is dependent a lot more on his drives to the basket, running the court and using his speed in general. This is also if Norm gets dedicated to his defense again. I think he has to get back to relishing that role and not trying to do too much and try to mimic DeMar. Not that I'd ever want him to limit his potential, if he can continue to his offensive game of course all for it but he has to be a bit more patient in picking his spots and realize he is more a complimentary piece than trying to overextend himself to try and be one of the main guys which is what I get the feeling he does sometimes. The biggest thing that will help Norm is improving his ballhandling and passing because with his speed, he can cause defenses to collapse but it's being crafty enough (not so right hand dominant) to weave through and also not being so tunnel vision that they know they just need to clog the lane and he'll struggle (even more so) at finishing.

I picked OG because he has the best combination of physical tools and skills at this level to stand out. The issue with Norm is he is actually a SG that will be forced to play SF and as we know he plays the position very well but there will be times where he's just simply too short/small to handle the larger SFs like Durant, LBJ, Giannis etc and Norm skill set isn't that of an elite SG.

OG doesn't have that problem with size, he's a physical specimen himself. The kid is built like a man and he is still a kid lol this is the "skinny" young player body...in a few years he's going to be pretty monsterous. In addition to while Norm is a very good athlete in his own regard, OG is an incredible one. Really some of those dunks he had, how high he got up were explosive as hell. Then he has very quick feet defensively. I said it before but I really do think his potential (obv not guaranteed) is something like Draymond. I know the 2 Warriors comparisons will cause ppl to snicker about it but I really do believe each guy has a similar potential to those players. Now Masai did mention that he is going to invest heavily into development (although lately he seems to say a lot of empty things) so if they can bring along OG, I'm not expecting "DeMar-like" development but really if they can keep adding to his game this kid's potential is VERY high which is why it's probably happiest I've been with a pick of ours since DD.

As for the rest of the guys, I think Delon will end up being a solid back up. Him and Pascal I think are going to be like "rich man" versions of Corey and Patterson. Delon is a better passer than Corey and also taller to handle switches better and Pascal will have a speed advantage to be better at driving (which I'm very happy to see some development in) and fastbreaks. Crazy thing is I think Yak is the most skilled right now but he just won't get the time to shine in Casey's system and really the modern game is going away from his strength offensively on the blocks and I'm not convinced that he's going to be able to add a 3ptr....look at his shooting form as freshman at ft, it's awkward so I have a hard time seeing him get there but hopefully. His better mobility than JV will have him played the way we had hoped JV could which is garbageman on the boards, handle a PnR and the very odd occasion that we actually look for him in the post.

Bruno is a weird one lol really...he actually has the skills (and obviously physical tools) that I think he could be a great fit at PF/C in today's game but the kid just has a bunch of odd mental lapses and occasionally looks lazy or a bad tendency to just watch a play both offensively and defensively. When he's on ball he's good though. Despite all that I still like his potential behind OG and Powell's but a lot I think is going to be how the coach uses him. I actually think if he just clue in more, I think that he could be closer to fulfilling Serge's role than Pascal because of that insane length....he is seriously close to the length of KAT (nowhere near as skilled unfortunately lol). If he can just mimic Serge well (which you can see we're trying to develop him into doing the same things) he would make up for this project. The biggest key for Bruno is improving his court awareness and effort.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley

Return to Toronto Raptors