ImageImageImageImageImage

Who will be the final player on roster?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Re: Who will be the final player on roster? 

Post#21 » by Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 8, 2017 1:58 pm

Damn Ill enter this..

Anthony Morrow would be a good add.
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,256

Post#22 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 2:00 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:In a dream world they S&T Jamychal Green for JV but not likely.

But like others are saying I don't actually find it likely that they do sign anyone in order to do their best to avoid the tax bill. This was a half measure from the start so I really don't see them "unnecessarily" (by their account) putting up any further money to improve the team substantially.

Of the players remaining I think Masai is just holding out to try and get a more well known player at a major "discount" ie/ Nikola Mirotic (who was already rumored to want to play here, Masai probably leery of his "character"), Shabazz Muhammed and failing that possibly just Dunleavy for the hell of it.

All that said, I still think they hold out and MOST likely just call up Alfonso McKinnie since Tolzman was in love with him and that it seems Masai is just trying to keep our "Medium 3" to appease MLSE with Playoff money while forcing Casey's hand to try out our young players...and I really think in particular he wants to see OG out there as quickly as possible dependent on his health and doesn't want a vet that Casey can use as an excuse to keep him off the court.

Yeah don't think the Grizz have any use for JV. May have to be a 3 way trade if we do want J Green, but I too doubt it will happen.
More likely Masai will try to trade Bebe for nothing or for a SF - Bebe seems to be more tradeable than JV with his small contract and his 'potential'
JunkYardDog6ix
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,378

Post#23 » by JunkYardDog6ix » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:09 pm

Wouldn't Michael Beasley make sense ? Can get him for the minimum and he can replace patterson if his head is in the game
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#24 » by LiSTWithLani » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:11 pm

Always read the small print! :lol:
Spoiler:
mamadoundiaye wrote:We need another guard. Too many forwards and centers on this team .

Any predictions which player Raptors will sign or trade to finalize their roster?

Is Masai trying to make a small deal by trading Bebe for a guard?

Players still available

Manu Ginobili
Monta Ellis
Gerald Henderson
Sergio Rodriguez
Tony Allen
Leandro Barbosa
Mike Miller
Brandon Rush
Anthony Morrow
K.J. McDaniels
Randy Foye
James Young
Jason Terry
James Jones
Sasha Vujacic
Gerald Green
Alan Anderson
Michael Gbinije
Archie Goodwin
Briante Weber
Marcus Georges-Hunt
Axel Toupane
Brandon Paul

50 dollar gift card to Keg if you make right prediction.

Prize not valid if Alan Anderson becomes a Raptor or 2-way player we signed
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,757

Post#25 » by Duffman100 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:13 pm

The key is to find someone good enough to give us some quality backup minutes at the 3, but not SO good that Casey plays them a ridiculous # of minutes.
rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#26 » by rapcity10 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:57 pm

Btw I don't think people realize how bad of an offensive player Tony Allen is. The team will straight up be playing 4 on 5 out there. We need shooters on at all times around Deebo and Lowry. That will not work in the slightest. Plus Casey would play him 30 minutes a game, people use this as a joke all the time but it's the truth. We aren't winning a championship or making the finals this year anyways at least see what you have in the younger guys.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#27 » by Asif16 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:51 pm

Michael Beasley or Monta Ellis
Asif16
RealGM

Post#28 » by Asif16 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:53 pm

rapcity10 wrote:Btw I don't think people realize how bad of an offensive player Tony Allen is. The team will straight up be playing 4 on 5 out there. We need shooters on at all times around Deebo and Lowry. That will not work in the slightest. Plus Casey would play him 30 minutes a game, people use this as a joke all the time but it's the truth. We aren't winning a championship or making the finals this year anyways at least see what you have in the younger guys.

Agreed. Tony Allen's offensive game is completely inept now. IF he had any sort of offensive game left to go along with his defensive game, a team wouldve snatched him up by now.

I prefer a player who can still score if he's open or can create something in the offensive end instead of playing 4 vs 5
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,757

Post#29 » by Duffman100 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:55 pm

Asif16 wrote:Michael Beasley or Monta Ellis

Beasley might be a the best choice. Casey won't fall in love with him. He can have random 20 point games. Not good enough to play over norman Powell.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#30 » by navyblue » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:00 pm

no one, there is barely any room left under the tax and they need the room incase of bonus payouts.
any move will be a trade, etc bebe for someone.
Asif16
RealGM

Post#31 » by Asif16 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:03 pm

navyblue wrote:no one, there is barely any room left under the tax and they need the room incase of bonus payouts.
any move will be a trade, etc bebe for someone.

Raps had an interest in Gerald Henderson before he opted for surgery and currently is interested in Alan Anderson according to reports.

If that's the case, then the raps are clearly looking to add someone for the Minimum without a trade or now
rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#32 » by rapcity10 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:06 pm

Duffman100 wrote:

Beasley might be a the best choice. Casey won't fall in love with him. He can have random 20 point games. Not good enough to play over norman Powell.

Meh wouldn't be the worst thing. I prefer just throwing the young players into the fire, and seeing what you have there. If they perform well good, if they don't, you know who's a keeper and who isn't. The Beasley's of the world, Cunninghams of the world, Shabbaz, so on and so forth are not going to make a difference for this team in the grand scheme of things. Might get them a couple more wins in the regular season, but it won't change the ceiling of this team from a first round out or a second round out to an ECF out or Finals out.
mamadoundiaye
Rookie
And1: 1,151

Post#33 » by mamadoundiaye » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:34 pm

List is updated

SFs added
Spex
Pro Prospect
And1: 939

Post#34 » by Spex » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:35 pm

Beasley off the table now, signing with the Knicks.
OW ONGRI AAU
welcome to dinosaur team and championship time.
mamadoundiaye
Rookie

Post#35 » by mamadoundiaye » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:37 pm

The_Hater wrote:I''m going to predict Matt Barnes. We need at least one veteran, natural SF who can play some 4.

Mattt Barnes already fleeced us years ago, was going to sign with Raptors then signed with Clippers I believe

Not happening
Spex
Pro Prospect
And1: 939

Post#36 » by Spex » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:53 pm

mamadoundiaye wrote:
The_Hater wrote:I''m going to predict Matt Barnes. We need at least one veteran, natural SF who can play some 4.

Mattt Barnes already fleeced us years ago, was going to sign with Raptors then signed with Clippers I believe

Not happening

We fleeced him, he agreed to terms with us that was around 5m a year for I don't remember how many, then it turned out we didn't have the money to sign him left in the MLE and Orlando who he was on before that also didn't have the cap to sign him for a sign and trade so he ended up on the Lakers for barely above the min.
OW ONGRI AAU
welcome to dinosaur team and championship time.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#37 » by execoftheyear » Tue Aug 8, 2017 8:59 pm

EJaggit wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:Tony Allen makes the most sense given we lost PJ. We saw how much of an impact a vocal veteran defensive minded player can have on a younger player (PJ on Demar) and on a whole team. It's crazy how much of an impact Tucker had on the defensive end and we're going to miss that but picking up Tony Allen should provide the same, if not, more, given his accolades. Also, having him as a mentor to the player that was compared to him coming into the league in Powell should be beneficial to Powell's development.

Isn't Tony Allen like 40 years old?

35 years old. Sign him for the vet min and have him play limited minutes in situational lineups when we have defensive lapses or when we're desperate for a stop. He's the type that will steal minutes from players based on effort and defense and having that kind of player on the bench will motivate and remind the younger guys to put forth the effort on that end or else their minutes will get stolen.
mamadoundiaye
Rookie

Post#38 » by mamadoundiaye » Tue Aug 8, 2017 9:03 pm

execoftheyear wrote:
EJaggit wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:Tony Allen makes the most sense given we lost PJ. We saw how much of an impact a vocal veteran defensive minded player can have on a younger player (PJ on Demar) and on a whole team. It's crazy how much of an impact Tucker had on the defensive end and we're going to miss that but picking up Tony Allen should provide the same, if not, more, given his accolades. Also, having him as a mentor to the player that was compared to him coming into the league in Powell should be beneficial to Powell's development.

Isn't Tony Allen like 40 years old?

35 years old. Sign him for the vet min and have him play limited minutes in situational lineups when we have defensive lapses or when we're desperate for a stop. He's the type that will steal minutes from players based on effort and defense and having that kind of player on the bench will motivate and remind the younger guys to put forth the effort on that end or else their minutes will get stolen.

I would take Tony Allen as well.. Yes it is 2017 and Raptors have had some successful seasons

But a vet like Allen etc...might not want to come to Toronto end of their careers unless it means not playing in NBA

Even then it would be to collect money and not play

Seen this too many times
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#39 » by Patman » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:04 am

These are good picks. We need someone who is combustible on offense, but don't play enough D to take away minutes from Norm. Their role would be to give them the green light when we're down 20+ in the 3rd quarter.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#40 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:11 am

Gerald Green or Shabazz makes the most sense

Alan Anderson works too, but he'd be last on my list.

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors