ImageImageImageImageImage

Early NBA.com Power-Rankings

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Re: Early NBA.com Power-Rankings 

Post#61 » by ontnut » Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:03 pm

YoungG wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:
ill-Will03 wrote:

lol so wait you rather have Beal/Hayward over Demar? and how is he a homer if you just said an argument can be made for all 3?

Boston is probably better than us on paper but the fact is we or the media, vegas and reporters don't know for sure until the season starts. Injuries and unforeseen things happen all the time that change the outlook of a team completely.

I also like how you ignored the fact that the poster was saying about Isiah being a complete pylon on defense (which is 100% true)

Lol dawg do you even read? He said Demar is a superior player to Beal and Hayward and I said it's debatable for all three. Different teams around the league will have different choices of who they want between Demar, Beal, and Hayward. Closer teams to a championship, like the Warriors, Spurs, rockets will rather have a Hayward to a Derozan. A team like the nets, Bulls, Hawks would rather have Demar over those three. Yeah your a genius for figuring that part out like unforeseen things like injuries can happen. Ye obv, but if both teams are healthy celtics are clearly Better. I didn't feel like typing so much to continue to that part, but He is a pylon, but he's got IT in the playoffs u know the Paul pierce IT? He shows up when his team needs him. Your making it seem like Lowry is Beverly out here he too was mostly a pylon last year, espciailly in the playoffs. Hopefully with the weight loss and him keeping it off can help him become more nimble out there. Btw I think Lowry is a better player than Thomas but it's close. Now you and bustanut can go back to nuthugging each other.

How old are you? You're going to call me a name and say that another poster and I are nut hugging each other because we agreed on a point? SMH, grow up! Your claim and your argument doesn't make your points more valid by trying to discredit others, WITH NO SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE OR PROPER REBUTTAL, and by you ending it with name calling. Believe whatever you want to believe, I won't further debate with you because I can see that it's not coming from an intelligent perspective, it's seems emotional.

Don't worry about him. He is a child. He slipped into my PMs and did the equivalent of asking me to step outside with him. Makes Bosh look like an actual tough guy. :roll:
rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#62 » by rapcity10 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:11 pm

ontnut wrote:
YoungG wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Lol dawg do you even read? He said Demar is a superior player to Beal and Hayward and I said it's debatable for all three. Different teams around the league will have different choices of who they want between Demar, Beal, and Hayward. Closer teams to a championship, like the Warriors, Spurs, rockets will rather have a Hayward to a Derozan. A team like the nets, Bulls, Hawks would rather have Demar over those three. Yeah your a genius for figuring that part out like unforeseen things like injuries can happen. Ye obv, but if both teams are healthy celtics are clearly Better. I didn't feel like typing so much to continue to that part, but He is a pylon, but he's got IT in the playoffs u know the Paul pierce IT? He shows up when his team needs him. Your making it seem like Lowry is Beverly out here he too was mostly a pylon last year, espciailly in the playoffs. Hopefully with the weight loss and him keeping it off can help him become more nimble out there. Btw I think Lowry is a better player than Thomas but it's close. Now you and bustanut can go back to nuthugging each other.

How old are you? You're going to call me a name and say that another poster and I are nut hugging each other because we agreed on a point? SMH, grow up! Your claim and your argument doesn't make your points more valid by trying to discredit others, WITH NO SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE OR PROPER REBUTTAL, and by you ending it with name calling. Believe whatever you want to believe, I won't further debate with you because I can see that it's not coming from an intelligent perspective, it's seems emotional.

Don't worry about him. He is a child. He slipped into my PMs and did the equivalent of asking me to step outside with him. Makes Bosh look like an actual tough guy. :roll:

Here's the girl I was talking bout YoungG nothing to do with you. It was her and Ill-will3 but all love with Ill Will. Bustanut here is what you call a women being protected from no one knowing who she is and being behind a computer screen.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#63 » by Too Late Crew » Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:12 pm

zippy wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:Beal had a 60% true shooting last season, and ranked 4th among all SGs in Real Plus Minus

a 40% 3pt shooter on extremely high volume (7 attempts per game)

He's pretty clearly better than DeRozan. Better shooter by far, more efficient scorer.

The case can pretty easily be made that Beal was the 3rd best SG in the league last year. The fact he wasn't selected as an all-star is an absolute travesty

Plus and minus and analytics are a complete joke, Derozan is a better overall player, and can score at will anywhere on the court. He chooses not to shoot that many 3's doesn't mean he can't make them. If you actually believe Beal is better than Derozan I don't know what to tell you.

The fact that chose not to take many 3s last year (1.7) does not mean he can't make them.
The fact that he only makes 28% of his 3 s is what proves he can't make them.

The idea that he's actually a good 3 shooter but simply chooses not to use that ability is ludicrous. He cannot make 3s it's proven.
Since he cannot make them he' need to either get to the rim (good) or shoot contested midrange (bad) at lower efficiency.

Demar cannot score "anywhere" on the court.
I can see an argument to downgrade Beal due to his injuries. If you are trying to say Demar is better becuase he is on the court contributing more I can buy it.
But if the argument is that when both are healthy that Demar is better I don't buy it. The ability to shoot 3 times as many 3s and yet still have a much higher FG % than Demar is very valuable.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#64 » by ontnut » Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:17 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
ontnut wrote:
YoungG wrote:

Here's the girl I was talking bout YoungG nothing to do with you. It was her and Ill-will3 but all love with Ill Will. Bustanut here is what you call a women being protected from no one knowing who she is and being behind a computer screen.

Lmao. Simmer down child.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#65 » by Patman » Wed Aug 9, 2017 8:19 pm

This thread has gone off the rails. Locked.

Return to Toronto Raptors