ImageImageImageImageImage

JV injured?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,409

Re: JV injured? 

Post#21 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:23 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:What did I say ? WHAT DID I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull jak now! I told you guys I saw it coming. viewtopic.php?p=58093388#p58093388

omg !!!!!!! jv missed a couple minutes of an exhibition game ...... RUN FOR THE HILLS ..... PANIC ..... DONT ALLOW OUR PLAYERS TO PLAY IN OFFSEASON

like are you making fun of yourself? guy turns his ankle and you want to start telling pöltl he cannot have free will in the offseason and to quit something midstream
do you play sports ? Dude i play ball and rolled my ankle many times. I used to play soccer in high school and i had one of the worse rolled ankle injury. I was able to come back and finish the game. Yes I was able to kick the ball on the bad ankle for the whole 2nd half. If you know anything about rolled ankles you'd know the real pain doesn't set in until you wake up the next morning. The next morning I could not even put any pressure on the ankle. Sure dude has medical staff there but just because he came back that doesn't mean he might not be in pain today. JV is the type of guy that doesn't complain about injuries. Last thing you need is a demar or ross situation where the player says he's fine and continues to play on the bad ankle which will only get worse without rest. Remember demar rushing back last season ? Fact is I saw it coming. People are acting as if these games are qualifiers. These are meaningless friendlies where players are going to play hard because it's for their country. You Go up for a dunk and someone will not hold back from giving you the Oakley treatment in these games. NHL teams don't even want their players playing oympic hockey muchless a meaningless game. Fact is I predicted either JV or jak would injury themselves in one of these game and that's what happened. Sure he came back but the last thing you need is one of your starting players showing up to camp already battling an injury. JV is a big guy and a rolled ankle for you is different from a rolled ankle for him. He's carrying a lot of weight on that ankle and the position he plays is a physical position. So say whatever you want but the fact is remain he did injury himself. Any kind of injuries in the leg area of a big man is not a good thing. Those guys are carrying a lot of weight on those legs and that injury can hang around. Fact is you don't have to agree with my opinion on this subject but i predicted one of them would pick up an injury in one of these games and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful it wasn't a major injury.

fact is its your fault he got injured
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#22 » by wtcantfw » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Jokes on them, JV regularly screams like that for no goddamn reason.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#23 » by ontnut » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 pm

VC720 wrote:Image

What an "O face" :lol:
ontnut
RealGM

Post#24 » by ontnut » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 pm

PoundTown wrote:Mannn, I hate when people give people a hard time for playing for NT in summer. If I was in the NBA you wouldn't have to ask me twice to play for Canada. Good to come in to NBA season with some confidence from killing it in FIBA, get better and represent your country. Plus, worrying about getting hurt is for losers, it's the same risk every time you play the game. Anyone that has played any type of competitive sport knows what that would mean, and it's an amazing honour, but it just doesn't fit in to their Raps agenda. Maybe next year, as soon as we clinch playoffs we should sit out our starters until the play offs start so they don't get hurt. loser attitude.

Funny that some fans gave Wiggins crap for not playing the the CDN NT. I mean, different reasons/circumstances, but still.
ontnut
RealGM

Post#25 » by ontnut » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 pm

UcanUwill wrote:This is not the first time I said this observation. JV really has no tolerance to pain, I noticed this before he even was drafted. Every time he gets minory injured, he writhes like hes been shot, 2 minutes later hes fine.

It's the Euro way!??!
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#26 » by Lukeem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:02 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:What did I say ? WHAT DID I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull jak now! I told you guys I saw it coming. viewtopic.php?p=58093388#p58093388

omg !!!!!!! jv missed a couple minutes of an exhibition game ...... RUN FOR THE HILLS ..... PANIC ..... DONT ALLOW OUR PLAYERS TO PLAY IN OFFSEASON

like are you making fun of yourself? guy turns his ankle and you want to start telling pöltl he cannot have free will in the offseason and to quit something midstream
do you play sports ? Dude i play ball and rolled my ankle many times. I used to play soccer in high school and i had one of the worse rolled ankle injury. I was able to come back and finish the game. Yes I was able to kick the ball on the bad ankle for the whole 2nd half. If you know anything about rolled ankles you'd know the real pain doesn't set in until you wake up the next morning. The next morning I could not even put any pressure on the ankle. Sure dude has medical staff there but just because he came back that doesn't mean he might not be in pain today. JV is the type of guy that doesn't complain about injuries. Last thing you need is a demar or ross situation where the player says he's fine and continues to play on the bad ankle which will only get worse without rest. Remember demar rushing back last season ? Fact is I saw it coming. People are acting as if these games are qualifiers. These are meaningless friendlies where players are going to play hard because it's for their country. You Go up for a dunk and someone will not hold back from giving you the Oakley treatment in these games. NHL teams don't even want their players playing oympic hockey muchless a meaningless game. Fact is I predicted either JV or jak would injury themselves in one of these game and that's what happened. Sure he came back but the last thing you need is one of your starting players showing up to camp already battling an injury. JV is a big guy and a rolled ankle for you is different from a rolled ankle for him. He's carrying a lot of weight on that ankle and the position he plays is a physical position. So say whatever you want but the fact is remain he did injury himself. Any kind of injuries in the leg area of a big man is not a good thing. Those guys are carrying a lot of weight on those legs and that injury can hang around. Fact is you don't have to agree with my opinion on this subject but i predicted one of them would pick up an injury in one of these games and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful it wasn't a major injury.

thanks for a great story about you rolling an ankle in soccer once

yes i play sports
i have rolled my ankles more times than i can remember, its basketball it happens a lot. most times you land on someones foot or something flukey, hurts like hell then i go off to the side tape it up and keep playing. a couple weeks ago i was playing and tore 90% of the ligaments in my ankle so im out for 4 months... **** happens
doesnt mean you stop playing like a little B

most of the jv haters complain that he doesnt care or doesnt work to get better... now some are complaining that he should hide in his house and not play?

watching him in the two games so far if hes watching tape (which is kind of the point of these exhibition games ) theres a tonne he could be learning, most notably that he is faster but not trusting him self .... but you think hes better off playong crown league or some **** where its just about highlights

stick to soccer, what a joke
rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#27 » by rapcity10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm

rage2021 wrote:Butch Carter said it best. These guys don't need competition during summer. Do drills. DRILLS. DRILLS. INDIVIDUAL WORKOUTS. Weights.

do u see LeBron playing 5v5. All the superstars? JV is a joke always going to National team wasting his training time.

This. That's why he never comes back with anything added to his game, and still looks like a lumbering stiff.
rapcity10
Senior

Post#28 » by rapcity10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Lukeem wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

yes i play sports
i have rolled my ankles more times than i can remember, its basketball it happens a lot. most times you land on someones foot or something flukey, hurts like hell then i go off to the side tape it up and keep playing. a couple weeks ago i was playing and tore 90% of the ligaments in my ankle so im out for 4 months... **** happens

most of the jv haters complain that he doesnt care or doesnt work to get better... now some are complaining that he should hide in his house and not play?

watching him in the two games so far if hes watching tape (which is kind of the point of these exhibition games ) theres a tonne he could be learning, most notably that he is faster but not trusting him self .... but you think hes better off playong crown league or some **** where its just about highlights

He does not look faster stop this. It should be eye popping if he got faster playing against this competition in Europe. If it's not how's he gonna look in the big leagues? The same. So stop he's physically the same. Your the only one saying he looks faster and more agile.
Lukeem
Analyst

Post#29 » by Lukeem » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: do you play sports ? Dude i play ball and rolled my ankle many times. I used to play soccer in high school and i had one of the worse rolled ankle injury. I was able to come back and finish the game. Yes I was able to kick the ball on the bad ankle for the whole 2nd half. If you know anything about rolled ankles you'd know the real pain doesn't set in until you wake up the next morning. The next morning I could not even put any pressure on the ankle. Sure dude has medical staff there but just because he came back that doesn't mean he might not be in pain today. JV is the type of guy that doesn't complain about injuries. Last thing you need is a demar or ross situation where the player says he's fine and continues to play on the bad ankle which will only get worse without rest. Remember demar rushing back last season ? Fact is I saw it coming. People are acting as if these games are qualifiers. These are meaningless friendlies where players are going to play hard because it's for their country. You Go up for a dunk and someone will not hold back from giving you the Oakley treatment in these games. NHL teams don't even want their players playing oympic hockey muchless a meaningless game. Fact is I predicted either JV or jak would injury themselves in one of these game and that's what happened. Sure he came back but the last thing you need is one of your starting players showing up to camp already battling an injury. JV is a big guy and a rolled ankle for you is different from a rolled ankle for him. He's carrying a lot of weight on that ankle and the position he plays is a physical position. So say whatever you want but the fact is remain he did injury himself. Any kind of injuries in the leg area of a big man is not a good thing. Those guys are carrying a lot of weight on those legs and that injury can hang around. Fact is you don't have to agree with my opinion on this subject but i predicted one of them would pick up an injury in one of these games and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful it wasn't a major injury.

yes i play sports

He does not look faster stop this. It should be eye popping if he got faster playing against this competition in Europe. If it's not how's he gonna look in the big leagues? The same. So stop he's physically the same. Your the only one saying he looks faster and more agile.

just me and his coaching staff
ldnk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,522

Post#30 » by ldnk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Lukeem wrote:
rage2021 wrote:Butch Carter said it best. These guys don't need competition during summer. Do drills. DRILLS. DRILLS. INDIVIDUAL WORKOUTS. Weights.

do u see LeBron playing 5v5. All the superstars? JV is a joke always going to National team wasting his training time.

butch carter said it best? im not a proponent for people writing on this forum assuming they are better than most nba professionals.... i would guess for meeting butch and hearing him talk yhat everyone on this forum is smarter than butch carter

This forums fascination with ex-Raptors is hilarious. If Butch Carter was 1/100th of the coach some on here claim him to be, he would still be in the NBA coaching.
ldnk
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by ldnk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: do you play sports ? Dude i play ball and rolled my ankle many times. I used to play soccer in high school and i had one of the worse rolled ankle injury. I was able to come back and finish the game. Yes I was able to kick the ball on the bad ankle for the whole 2nd half. If you know anything about rolled ankles you'd know the real pain doesn't set in until you wake up the next morning. The next morning I could not even put any pressure on the ankle. Sure dude has medical staff there but just because he came back that doesn't mean he might not be in pain today. JV is the type of guy that doesn't complain about injuries. Last thing you need is a demar or ross situation where the player says he's fine and continues to play on the bad ankle which will only get worse without rest. Remember demar rushing back last season ? Fact is I saw it coming. People are acting as if these games are qualifiers. These are meaningless friendlies where players are going to play hard because it's for their country. You Go up for a dunk and someone will not hold back from giving you the Oakley treatment in these games. NHL teams don't even want their players playing oympic hockey muchless a meaningless game. Fact is I predicted either JV or jak would injury themselves in one of these game and that's what happened. Sure he came back but the last thing you need is one of your starting players showing up to camp already battling an injury. JV is a big guy and a rolled ankle for you is different from a rolled ankle for him. He's carrying a lot of weight on that ankle and the position he plays is a physical position. So say whatever you want but the fact is remain he did injury himself. Any kind of injuries in the leg area of a big man is not a good thing. Those guys are carrying a lot of weight on those legs and that injury can hang around. Fact is you don't have to agree with my opinion on this subject but i predicted one of them would pick up an injury in one of these games and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful it wasn't a major injury.

yes i play sports

**** christ. His whole coaching staff is saying it after **** on him last year. You are on the one going counter-current at this point.
rapcity10
Senior

Post#32 » by rapcity10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:35 pm

ldnk wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

butch carter said it best? im not a proponent for people writing on this forum assuming they are better than most nba professionals.... i would guess for meeting butch and hearing him talk yhat everyone on this forum is smarter than butch carter

This forums fascination with ex-Raptors is hilarious. If Butch Carter was 1/100th of the coach some on here claim him to be, he would still be in the NBA coaching.

Butch Carter is an idiot, however he is right on that aspect.
rapcity10
Senior

Post#33 » by rapcity10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 pm

ldnk wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

yes i play sports

**** christ. His whole coaching staff is saying it after **** on him last year. You are on the one going counter-current at this point.

Completely different coaching staff from last year. Last coaching staff clearly had problems with JV, this one is catering and increasing the confidence of his star player. Did you know that? Or you just talking for just talking?
ldnk
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by ldnk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
ldnk wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:He does not look faster stop this. It should be eye popping if he got faster playing against this competition in Europe. If it's not how's he gonna look in the big leagues? The same. So stop he's physically the same. Your the only one saying he looks faster and more agile.

Completely different coaching staff from last year. Last coaching staff clearly had problems with JV, this one is catering and increasing the confidence of his star player. Did you know that? Or you just talking for just talking?

No, sorry, only you are capable of paying attention to International basketball.....
rapcity10
Senior

Post#35 » by rapcity10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:55 pm

ldnk wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:
ldnk wrote:

No, sorry, only you are capable of paying attention to International basketball.....

If you knew, you wouldn't have made that post, so the joke is on u.
ldnk
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by ldnk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:03 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
ldnk wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Completely different coaching staff from last year. Last coaching staff clearly had problems with JV, this one is catering and increasing the confidence of his star player. Did you know that? Or you just talking for just talking?

If you knew, you wouldn't have made that post, so the joke is on u.

No, I just decided to respond to you with sarcasm because your JV crusade on here is getting repetitive.
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#37 » by CoachD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm sure this belief of his has NOTHING TO DO with the fact that he cashes in on summer basketball camps, right?

http://www.camps.ca/butch_carter_super_camps.php
Lukeem
Analyst

Post#38 » by Lukeem » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:43 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
ldnk wrote:
Lukeem wrote:

Butch Carter is an idiot, however he is right on that aspect.

butch carter is an idiot... and you agree with his biased, closed minded opinion

would be a way more accurate way of putting that
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#39 » by Joker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Playing on a national team with elite players probably helps you improve. Not sure if playing on a national team with worse players than your NBA team is going to help you improve. Like did Dirk improve playing with Germany?
malachii
Senior
And1: 136

Post#40 » by malachii » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Joker wrote:Playing on a national team with elite players probably helps you improve. Not sure if playing on a national team with worse players than your NBA team is going to help you improve. Like did Dirk improve playing with Germany?

Didn't Steve Nash blow up after playing for the national team? His players were certainly not better than him.

Return to Toronto Raptors