ImageImageImageImageImage

JV injured?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Re: JV injured? 

Post#41 » by Joker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:49 pm

malachii wrote:
Joker wrote:Playing on a national team with elite players probably helps you improve. Not sure if playing on a national team with worse players than your NBA team is going to help you improve. Like did Dirk improve playing with Germany?

Didn't Steve Nash blow up after playing for the national team? His players were certainly not better than him.

Touche.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#42 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:12 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:What did I say ? WHAT DID I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull jak now! I told you guys I saw it coming. viewtopic.php?p=58093388#p58093388

omg !!!!!!! jv missed a couple minutes of an exhibition game ...... RUN FOR THE HILLS ..... PANIC ..... DONT ALLOW OUR PLAYERS TO PLAY IN OFFSEASON

like are you making fun of yourself? guy turns his ankle and you want to start telling pöltl he cannot have free will in the offseason and to quit something midstream
do you play sports ? Dude i play ball and rolled my ankle many times. I used to play soccer in high school and i had one of the worse rolled ankle injury. I was able to come back and finish the game. Yes I was able to kick the ball on the bad ankle for the whole 2nd half. If you know anything about rolled ankles you'd know the real pain doesn't set in until you wake up the next morning. The next morning I could not even put any pressure on the ankle. Sure dude has medical staff there but just because he came back that doesn't mean he might not be in pain today. JV is the type of guy that doesn't complain about injuries. Last thing you need is a demar or ross situation where the player says he's fine and continues to play on the bad ankle which will only get worse without rest. Remember demar rushing back last season ? Fact is I saw it coming. People are acting as if these games are qualifiers. These are meaningless friendlies where players are going to play hard because it's for their country. You Go up for a dunk and someone will not hold back from giving you the Oakley treatment in these games. NHL teams don't even want their players playing oympic hockey muchless a meaningless game. Fact is I predicted either JV or jak would injury themselves in one of these game and that's what happened. Sure he came back but the last thing you need is one of your starting players showing up to camp already battling an injury. JV is a big guy and a rolled ankle for you is different from a rolled ankle for him. He's carrying a lot of weight on that ankle and the position he plays is a physical position. So say whatever you want but the fact is remain he did injury himself. Any kind of injuries in the leg area of a big man is not a good thing. Those guys are carrying a lot of weight on those legs and that injury can hang around. Fact is you don't have to agree with my opinion on this subject but i predicted one of them would pick up an injury in one of these games and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful it wasn't a major injury.

I stopped reading right at the bold part - This isn't true at all.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#43 » by Lukeem » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:37 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
Lukeem wrote:
omg !!!!!!! jv missed a couple minutes of an exhibition game ...... RUN FOR THE HILLS ..... PANIC ..... DONT ALLOW OUR PLAYERS TO PLAY IN OFFSEASON

like are you making fun of yourself? guy turns his ankle and you want to start telling pöltl he cannot have free will in the offseason and to quit something midstream
do you play sports ? Dude i play ball and rolled my ankle many times. I used to play soccer in high school and i had one of the worse rolled ankle injury. I was able to come back and finish the game. Yes I was able to kick the ball on the bad ankle for the whole 2nd half. If you know anything about rolled ankles you'd know the real pain doesn't set in until you wake up the next morning. The next morning I could not even put any pressure on the ankle. Sure dude has medical staff there but just because he came back that doesn't mean he might not be in pain today. JV is the type of guy that doesn't complain about injuries. Last thing you need is a demar or ross situation where the player says he's fine and continues to play on the bad ankle which will only get worse without rest. Remember demar rushing back last season ? Fact is I saw it coming. People are acting as if these games are qualifiers. These are meaningless friendlies where players are going to play hard because it's for their country. You Go up for a dunk and someone will not hold back from giving you the Oakley treatment in these games. NHL teams don't even want their players playing oympic hockey muchless a meaningless game. Fact is I predicted either JV or jak would injury themselves in one of these game and that's what happened. Sure he came back but the last thing you need is one of your starting players showing up to camp already battling an injury. JV is a big guy and a rolled ankle for you is different from a rolled ankle for him. He's carrying a lot of weight on that ankle and the position he plays is a physical position. So say whatever you want but the fact is remain he did injury himself. Any kind of injuries in the leg area of a big man is not a good thing. Those guys are carrying a lot of weight on those legs and that injury can hang around. Fact is you don't have to agree with my opinion on this subject but i predicted one of them would pick up an injury in one of these games and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful it wasn't a major injury.

I stopped reading right at the bold part - This isn't true at all.

but you missed the part where he boasts about where he predicted playing in the summer is stupid because someone might get injured and then boom this turned ankle

Return to Toronto Raptors