ImageImageImageImageImage

Favourite Things To Do In Toronto

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RealGM
And1: 66,481

Re: Favourite Things To Do In Toronto 

Post#21 » by 720 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 am

I don't leave Brampton and Mississauga often. The only time I do is when I go watch games at the ACC or Rogers centre.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#22 » by RaptorPride » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:03 am

Eat Kothu Roti and smoke some weed
Spoiler:

rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#23 » by rapcity10 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:15 am

lolwut wrote:(Technically not in Toronto)

Pacific mall has very good and cheap bubble tea. Perfect place to go fix your phone too. Practically fix anything that is wrong with your phone for cheap.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#24 » by 720 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:39 am

RaptorPride wrote:Eat Kothu Roti and smoke some weed

Ayy I grew up on that ****.
Peja Stojakovic
Starter
And1: 2,939

Post#25 » by Peja Stojakovic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 am

Another vote for kotthuroti and weed
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#26 » by Kabookalu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

Patman wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:Thought I should ask this here, how do you guys like Big Smoke Burger? My friend is looking to franchise a burger restaurant in LA. I don't know a single thing about this place but I know it started in Toronto, and the only other location here in America is Denver.

It's alright. My favourite burger place in the Toronto area is Holy Chuck's: http://holychuckburgers.com/

Dang, was hoping it would have been the next Shake Shack. Would be nice to have Canadian businesses around here.
Read on Twitter
durtysix
Suspended
And1: 114

Post#27 » by durtysix » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 am

Ten to fifteen pounds of that sticky icky
terryboy
Junior
And1: 83

Post#28 » by terryboy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Restaurant : WVRST on 609 King Street West

Things to do : Harbour Front - nice place to walk around and people watch. Theres always something happening there, live music etc.
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,409

Post#29 » by ill-Will03 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:12 pm

the real question now is.... blunts or papers?
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#30 » by CoachJReturns » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:16 pm

I live downtown, so cycling and walking everywhere with the girlfriend and the dog is my typical day. Pick a route/destination and go.
Carlton Banksy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,017

Post#31 » by Carlton Banksy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 pm

rapcity10 wrote:We all know how great and wonderful our beautiful city is. What's some of your guys favourite acitivities to do? Places to visit? Favourite restaurants? Etc..

Cry.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,852

Post#32 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
mamadoundiaye wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:I love the area around Union Station for some reason, just love seeing the Rogers centre, with the CN Tower. Not to mention the ACC, we got a beautiful stadium man.

You must be a young guy

Naw I'm close to my 30's now. I just love that area for some reason, at night time it's just low key and relaxing.

Absolutely shocking to me, thought he was 14.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#33 » by CoachJReturns » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Garlic Sauce wrote:I avoid the core unless I'm really hungry at night and I feel like going for a drive. I prefer the lake area. The best part of going to Toronto is my drive on the Gardiner. What a beastly view of the city. I don't really ask for much, walk around, bar, lounge, tims, starbucks, restaurant, anything will do.

I'm really starting to hate the city because of the condos. All looking the same.

I used to hate all the condos when I lived in the burbs...until I moved into one a year ago. Living near the waterfront is dope.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,852

Post#34 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:21 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:I live downtown, so cycling and walking everywhere with the girlfriend and the dog is my typical day. Pick a route/destination and go.

This is pretty much me. I'll still go out and party from time to time but not like I used to. I don't really hit the King West area at night anymore, rather have drinks and chill at a low key bar or a rooftop patio.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#35 » by whysoserious » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Kabookalu wrote:Thought I should ask this here, how do you guys like Big Smoke Burger? My friend is looking to franchise a burger restaurant in LA. I don't know a single thing about this place but I know it started in Toronto, and the only other location here in America is Denver.

LA has a lot of potential but one that comes with major risk. Not sure I'd consider starting a franchise there. There's just too much competition for peoples money.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#36 » by Kabookalu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm

whysoserious wrote:

LA has a lot of potential but one that comes with major risk. Not sure I'd consider starting a franchise there. There's just too much competition for peoples money.

You're right, this is generally true for most businesses, however the one thing almost everyone in LA loves are burgers. Just about every new burger restaurant that opens up here is insanely successful. The only ones losing business are the big chains like McDonalds and Carls Jr. LA goes through trends, like 10 years ago it was frozen yogurt, 5 years ago bubble tea, and now it's poke, though burgers will always sell here. Plus thanks to Instagram people love going to niche or semi big establishments. I know that's true all over the world, but LA has so many social media celebrities who love posting every single thing they eat I think it's even more true here. I have a friend who manages one of those asian tea houses that sell like popcorn chicken and bubble tea, and Timothy Delaghetto is sometimes seen eating there once in a while and he'll always post about it. The restaurant always gets busy the day after Timothy Delaghetto eats there that she sometimes even plans around it.

Just looking at the menu I can already tell the poutine would be a massive hit with people here just so they can post it on their social media.

Well it's all for moot anyways, I've never eaten there so I can't sing the restaurants' praises from my own experience lol.

Read on Twitter
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#37 » by Sherlock » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
whysoserious wrote:

You're right, this is generally true for most businesses, however the one thing almost everyone in LA loves are burgers. Just about every new burger restaurant that opens up here is insanely successful. The only ones losing business are the big chains like McDonalds and Carls Jr. LA goes through trends, like 10 years ago it was frozen yogurt, 5 years ago bubble tea, and now it's poke, though burgers will always sell here. Plus thanks to Instagram people love going to niche or semi big establishments. I know that's true all over the world, but LA has so many social media celebrities who love posting every single thing they eat I think it's even more true here. I have a friend who manages one of those asian tea houses that sell like popcorn chicken and bubble tea, and Timothy Delaghetto is sometimes seen eating there once in a while and he'll always post about it. The restaurant always gets busy the day after Timothy Delaghetto eats there that she sometimes even plans around it.

Just looking at the menu I can already tell the poutine would be a massive hit with people here just so they can post it on their social media.

Well it's all for moot anyways, I've never eaten there so I can't sing the restaurants' praises from my own experience lol.

Depends if you think the crowd is more a fan of grilled or griddled burgers. Big smoke does grilled burgers and they're not bad.

Shakeshack and In & Out are both griddled burger places. Personally i prefer griddled burgers and I'm a big Burger's Priest fan.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#38 » by Sherlock » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:05 pm

rapcity10 wrote:We all know how great and wonderful our beautiful city is. What's some of your guys favourite acitivities to do? Places to visit? Favourite restaurants? Etc..

Best part of the city is walking around the various neighbourhoods. All have their own distinct vibe and character. Walk Parkdale, Cabbagetown, little italy, little portugal, koreatown, greektown, yorkville, rosedale, it's awesome.

Worst part of the city is the traffic -- if you drive in Toronto, you'll hate the city. Ditch the car and walk or bike or subway instead, and it's a totally different experience.

When you're tired of the city (or it's too hot) in the summertime, hop on the ferry and head to Toronto Island. Beautiful and relaxing.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#39 » by Northface82 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Great food joints (trust me, #1 reason why I miss home). Also, plenty of great parks to check out during the summertime.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#40 » by Northface82 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 pm

+1 for the Kothu roti and chill sesh.

Return to Toronto Raptors