ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors HQ: "What if VC hit that game 7 shot vs. Philly?"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Re: Raptors HQ: "What if VC hit that game 7 shot vs. Philly?" 

Post#21 » by The Duke » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Final appearance.
Losing 4-0 to Lakers, and Lakers would have been the only team ever to roll 16-0 in the playoffs.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#22 » by dacrusha » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Bucks would've easily defeated the Raptors.

They were to the 2000-era Raptors what the modern day Bulls have been to the modern day Raptors over the last 4 years.

We had absolutely no answer for Ray Allen.
"If you canā€™t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
Tokey41
Sophomore
And1: 72

Post#23 » by Tokey41 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Vince may have not checked out mentally down the line if he had a taste of the ECF. I used to resent him for so evidently half-assing it towards the end of his Raptors career only to turn it back on after being traded for nickels on the dollar to the Nets. The underperforming in the postseason in addition to our stars lack of effort both likely contributed negatively towards league perceptions of the Raptors - in turn impacting our ability to acquire talent.

To those complaining about a thread of this nature, I'd counter that reflections on the past are helpful. If nothing else it makes me feel grateful we have a better culture at present than we did during the VC era's decline.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#24 » by ontnut » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:00 pm

mieshpal wrote:Honestly I have to be blunt. Does this type of thread interest people? What if Vince hit a shot from the early 2000's...I think its time to move on. If he hit the shot we would of went on and played the Bucks and thats the only thing we know. Its over. Move on lol

Honestly what do you want people to say. That we would of won the championship.

What if we had Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime?

What if Tmac stayed?

What if Derrick Martin was our starting PG?

Sent from my D6603 using RealGM mobile app

I assume you mean Darrick Murray, and if so, it'd have been an 8 year dynasty. At least.
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Post#25 » by mieshpal » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:04 pm

We were both off, its Darrick Martin lol

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#26 » by Patman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 am

dacrusha wrote:Bucks would've easily defeated the Raptors.

They were to the 2000-era Raptors what the modern day Bulls have been to the modern day Raptors over the last 4 years.

We had absolutely no answer for Ray Allen.

I don't know about easily, but we definitely would have it cut out for us.

Most people dismiss them as if we would just roll into the Finals. They had Ray, Cassell, Big Dog Robinson, and one of the few stretch bigs at the time in Tim Thomas.
ontnut
RealGM

Post#27 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 pm

mieshpal wrote:We were both off, its Darrick Martin lol

I only know Darrick Murray. Who the hell is Darrick Martin?
mieshpal
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: Raptors HQ: "What if VC hit that game 7 shot vs. Philly?" 

Post#28 » by mieshpal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:09 pm

ontnut wrote:

Our bench momma. He always was on the bench cheering for the team. Just an everyday bench player.

There was a huge moment he had many years back where the raptors consecutive three pt streak was in jeopardy. We had over 600 games with a three and with 0.5 seconds left he nailed a three to keep the streak alive. Chuck Swirsky was going bananas like we won the championship. What a hilarious raptors moment. I am pretty sure we got blown out that game too. There is a video about it on YouTube, but sadly Chucks voice is replaced by an evanescence song

The Chuck call was epic especially because of the circumstances. If anyone has a video of that call please share it

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: Raptors HQ: 

Post#29 » by Patman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:19 pm

mieshpal wrote:
ontnut wrote:

Our bench momma. He always was on the bench cheering for the team. Just an everyday bench player.

There was a huge moment he had many years back where the raptors consecutive three pt streak was in jeopardy. We had over 600 games with a three and with 0.5 seconds left he nailed a three to keep the streak alive. Chuck Swirsky was going bananas like we won the championship. What a hilarious raptors moment. I am pretty sure we got blown out that game too. There is a video about it on YouTube, but sadly Chucks voice is replaced by an evanescence song

The Chuck call was epic especially because of the circumstances. If anyone has a video of that call please share it

I've followed the Raptors since their inaugural season and have never heard of a Darrick Martin. Pretty sure you mean Darrick Murray.
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#30 » by Tanner » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:19 pm

The Bucks were good that year. I don't think the Raptors would have beaten them but even if they did it certainly wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion.

The real what if, and the only what if, that matters in the history of the Raptors is if McGrady stayed. Nothing else really matters. TMac would have given the Raptors a real chance at a title, or at least multiple finals appearances. Any other what if is just spinning wheels.
ontnut
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Raptors HQ: 

Post#31 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Patman wrote:
mieshpal wrote:
ontnut wrote:I only know Darrick Murray. Who the hell is Darrick Martin?

I've followed the Raptors since their inaugural season and have never heard of a Darrick Martin. Pretty sure you mean Darrick Murray.

Darrick Murray's is the first and only jersey I've ever bought. Across any sport.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#32 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:36 pm

You look at NBA point guards today, you really wonder how the hell a guy like Darrick Murray made the NBA. What's the closest comparison to him now, Van Vleet?
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
mieshpal
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Raptors HQ: 

Post#33 » by mieshpal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Patman wrote:
mieshpal wrote:
ontnut wrote:I only know Darrick Murray. Who the hell is Darrick Martin?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=darrick+martin&oq=darrick+mart&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.3609j0j4&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

No Darrick "Momma" Martin

ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#34 » by ruckus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:45 pm

mieshpal wrote:
Patman wrote:
mieshpal wrote:Our bench momma. He always was on the bench cheering for the team. Just an everyday bench player.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=darrick+martin&oq=darrick+mart&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.3609j0j4&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

No, I'm pretty sure it's Murray.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Patman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:45 pm

mieshpal wrote:
Patman wrote:
mieshpal wrote:Our bench momma. He always was on the bench cheering for the team. Just an everyday bench player.

It's all good, man. We're just pulling your leg. Someone once called him Darrick Murray here and it's been a running joke for the OG's that's been here a while.
mieshpal
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Raptors HQ: 

Post#36 » by mieshpal » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Patman wrote:
mieshpal wrote:
Patman wrote:

It's all good, man. We're just pulling your leg. Someone once called him Darrick Murray here and it's been a running joke for the OG's that's been here a while.

Lol Darrick Murray > Lamond Murray

ontnut
RealGM

Post#37 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Patman wrote:
mieshpal wrote:
Patman wrote:

Hahaha sorry to keep on the "inside joke" for so long, it was too good to stop since you kept playing into it, mieshpal :P

Also, enjoy:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=769721
ontnut
RealGM

Post#38 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:You look at NBA point guards today, you really wonder how the hell a guy like Darrick Murray made the NBA. What's the closest comparison to him now, Van Vleet?

You take that back right now. I will NOT allow the great Darrick Murray's name to be slandered.

There is no comparison for Darrick Murray. Steph Curry learned how to shoot by watching Darrick Murray's kindergarten practice tapes. Darrick Murray once dunked from the 3 point line, blindfolded, while running backwards. Darrick Murray once averaged a triple triple. In fact, the biggest flaw with Darrick Murray is that his standing reach is only 7 feet. Above the rim.
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#39 » by kwajo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm

How have we made it this far into the Darrick Martin discussion without this video being posted? RealGM is slacking in the Summer...

ā€Iā€™m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.ā€
ontnut
RealGM

Post#40 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:13 pm

kwajo wrote:How have we made it this far into the Darrick Martin discussion without this video being posted? RealGM is slacking in the Summer...

The who discussion?

Return to Toronto Raptors