ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Not Tony Allen?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

KobeoverLebron
Junior
And1: 322

Re: Why Not Tony Allen? 

Post#41 » by KobeoverLebron » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 am

lolwut wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
kj_ wrote:27% from 3 last year would make it difficult to get him on the court.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

He been starting and playing 25 mpg for Playoff teams the past few seasons so apparently is not the huge issue you think it is. Plus he was around league average from the arc the previous 2 seasons.

With all the SG sized wings on the current roster I'm not convinced Allen is the right fit but he would definitely be a rotation player here if he was signed. But I'm guessing Allen wants his final payday. Matt Barnes would be a good minimum wage fit IMO

The annual "Matt Barnes is available" :lol:

Why not tho, there's a reason why GSW added him strictly for locker room purposes. We all know the Raps are soft like charmin, need some toughness in that locker room.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#42 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:49 am

triple_threat wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:What's with the Tony Allen obsession on here ? I remember people wanted to trade Demar for him lol also Dude has no shot at all. He's not the same player he was. Signing tony allen does not move the needle at all.

He's an upgrade over carrol
as bad as carroll was tony allen is not a upgrade over carroll. Just imagine how bad carroll shot the ball from 3. Tony allen was even worse. I think most of you guys think tony allen is still the same player he was years ago. There's a season why some guys are not signed.. At this point in his career he's useless in NBA today which why teams are not offering him deals. But of course real GM knows more than the GM's around the league. Dude is most likely Europe or china bound.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#43 » by execoftheyear » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 am

I'm all for it if he's willing to play the jamaal magloire role when we signed him. Limited playing time and be a mentor for the young guys on the bench and in practice. But knowing Casey he's going to give him Lowry minutes.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#44 » by zippy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

He's definitely needed no questions asked.

We lost our entire defensive core this off-season (Joseph, Carrol, Patterson, Tucker) and added absolutely nothing defensively. We have capable shooters Ibaka/Lowry/Miles/Powell/Derozan we need real gritty defenders because other than Ibaka and Powell.. I'm not willing to rely on rookies and sophomore to hold it down defensively.

Return to Toronto Raptors