ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Job: Crowd Hype Crew

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Re: Raptors Job: Crowd Hype Crew 

Post#21 » by Mikistan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm

ontnut wrote:I've said it before, and probably will many times again. The in-game stuff is tired and boring. The dancers are meh, the DJ's are horribad. We need to develop some real home court chants for the fans to learn and participate in, we need the in-game music to stop, or get turned way down. We need the DJ's to actually try and coordinate the soundboard with the fans and chants.

Free t-shirt toss is literally the loudest time in the arena, and it's sad. Yes some blame is on the fans, but at the same time, it's not like we exactly have a roster of chants/songs to participate in. Remember the Howard chants? the VC sucks chants? Those are all started by fans, and once it got rolling, it really got rolling. Same thing everytime the fans start a "bull" chant at the refs. Unleash the fans by giving them something to chant, and make it a tradition, rather than just a one-time thing.

We can only do the "Let's go Raptors" chant so many times before people stop giving a crap.

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#22 » by Patman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:25 pm

ontnut wrote:I've said it before, and probably will many times again. The in-game stuff is tired and boring. The dancers are meh, the DJ's are horribad. We need to develop some real home court chants for the fans to learn and participate in, we need the in-game music to stop, or get turned way down. We need the DJ's to actually try and coordinate the soundboard with the fans and chants.

Free t-shirt toss is literally the loudest time in the arena, and it's sad. Yes some blame is on the fans, but at the same time, it's not like we exactly have a roster of chants/songs to participate in. Remember the Howard chants? the VC sucks chants? Those are all started by fans, and once it got rolling, it really got rolling. Same thing everytime the fans start a "bull" chant at the refs. Unleash the fans by giving them something to chant, and make it a tradition, rather than just a one-time thing.

We can only do the "Let's go Raptors" chant so many times before people stop giving a crap.

It can't be said enough IMO. The in-game "entertainment" is campy and corny AF. They just need to play hyped-up instrumentals between live balls. The timing of their events are also terrible. We'll go on a huge run and the crowd is pumped, and then... Kiss Cam. :banghead:

We need to treat basketball games more like football games. You would never see a damn Dab Cam in a Raiders game FFS.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#23 » by Throwback24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:35 pm

I think I could do a pretty good job of getting the suits off their seats. I'm confident I would create a very electric atmosphere. Give me a mic, let me call out players+coaches+Ujiri on a game to game basis. I got hot takes.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#24 » by ontnut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Patman wrote:

It can't be said enough IMO. The in-game "entertainment" is campy and corny AF. They just need to play hyped-up instrumentals between live balls. The timing of their events are also terrible. We'll go on a huge run and the crowd is pumped, and then... Kiss Cam. :banghead:

We need to treat basketball games more like football games. You would never see a damn Dab Cam in a Raiders game FFS.

I go to roughly 10 regular season games a year, and at some games, it got to the point where I'd have to put my own headphones in and listen to music/broadcast, because the in-game crap had me almost wanting to leave the ACC. 2-3 times in one game they played the "defense" drum beat while the Raptors were on offense, and didn't stop playing it until the shot clock was at about 10 seconds...

And yeah, they have a terrible habit of killing any fan noise momentum with some cheesy video/game/announcement/music. If the fans are loud, just move/cancel whatever you were doing to fill the time when the fans aren't.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#25 » by lolwut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Patman wrote:99% of this board is unqualified for this job. We're the first to boo our own team at the first sign of trouble. We're supposed to hype other people? Lol.

But we're also the loudest when it comes to booing hated former players.
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#26 » by RIP Kobe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:30 pm

ontnut wrote:
Chuck Brickley wrote:
CDN Uprising wrote:Hard to hype up the suits in the crowd

Could try throwing cocaine at them and hire some strippers.

Replace the Dance Pak with these girls and their friends:

Plastic dolls?
Hedo26
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Hedo26 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm

CountOnAlex wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Chuck Brickley wrote:Could try throwing cocaine at them and hire some strippers.

Plastic dolls?

Aren't you the clown that said we were gonna get Rondo. LMAOOOO
BALL
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,506

Post#28 » by OakleyDokely » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:31 pm

The crowd is pretty loud by NBA standards. Raps might not be GS loud, but it's regarded around the league by most players/media as one of the louder buildings.

I'd like to see changes to the atmosphere when the game is actually occurring (lighting, less music etc).
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#29 » by ontnut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 pm

CountOnAlex wrote:
ontnut wrote:
Chuck Brickley wrote:Could try throwing cocaine at them and hire some strippers.

Plastic dolls?

Only the finest of plastics for the suits in the crowd.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#30 » by 720 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:20 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:The crowd is pretty loud by NBA standards. Raps might not be GS loud, but it's regarded around the league by most players/media as one of the louder buildings.

I'd like to see changes to the atmosphere when the game is actually occurring (lighting, less music etc).

When we're at our peak crowd noise the Toronto crowd is louder imo than the warriors crowd.

Return to Toronto Raptors