ImageImageImageImageImage

Charles Oakley speaks on current Raptors, Vince Carter HOF & NBA going soft

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Re: Charles Oakley speaks on current Raptors, Vince Carter HOF & NBA going soft 

Post#2 » by Joker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 pm

He thinks Vince should go to the HoF partly because he went to the finals twice with new Jersey. But remember that players' opinions count more than fans'. :lol:
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#3 » by Tacoma » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Agree with pretty well everything Oak said in that interview. Butch Carter is a nutcase but he's still one of the best coach the Raptors have ever had.

And Vince is a lock for the HOF.
peteyjones13
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#4 » by peteyjones13 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:09 am

Joker wrote:He thinks Vince should go to the HoF partly because he went to the finals twice with new Jersey. But remember that players' opinions count more than fans'. :lol:

You serious bro? Nets went to Finals in 02 and 03, when Vince was a Rap.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#5 » by refshateRaps » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:12 am

Vince hands down is a HOF'r. Even though the memory of his departure still stings like getting dumped by one of the hottest chicks in school to this day. Dude was larger than life here to any young ball fan in that era
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#6 » by Double Helix » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 am

**** the Knicks for disrespecting such a beloved member of their alumni like they did.

I wouldn't be surprised if he praises the Raptors organization more following that situation though when he speaks to people. So, thanks for yet another gift Dolan!
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#7 » by The_Hater » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:45 am

peteyjones13 wrote:
Joker wrote:He thinks Vince should go to the HoF partly because he went to the finals twice with new Jersey. But remember that players' opinions count more than fans'. :lol:

I was about to say this. Vince has never played in the finals but he's still a no brainer for the HOF.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#8 » by Joker » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 am

peteyjones13 wrote:

I know - that's my point. Oak mentioned Vince going to the finals twice with New Jersey
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#9 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:39 am

Old man yells at cloud...
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#10 » by 720 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:16 am

The_Hater wrote:
peteyjones13 wrote:

I was about to say this. Vince has never played in the finals but he's still a no brainer for the HOF.

You two lack reading comprehension skills. :lol:
The_Hater

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 am

VC720 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
peteyjones13 wrote:

No. I read Joker's post quite clearly and responded accordingly. Perhaps it's you with the reading comprehension problem?
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,500

Post#12 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Even when Oak isn't making sense, he's making sense.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#13 » by wtcantfw » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Even when Oak isn't making sense, he's making sense.

"If it ain't broke, don't break it."

Since when do rappers have to make sense when they make cents?
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#14 » by ontnut » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 pm

No way that VC isn't a HOFer. Just by career stats alone he makes it. BR has him at something like 95%+ to make the Hall.
RealGM

Post#15 » by 720 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 pm

The_Hater wrote:
VC720 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

No. I read Joker's post quite clearly and responded accordingly. Perhaps it's you with the reading comprehension problem?

Joker's comment was about Oakley saying Vince went to the finals twice, I don't know how that went over your head. He even started the post with "he thinks" (as in Oakley thinks).
The_Hater

Post#16 » by The_Hater » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:08 pm

VC720 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
VC720 wrote:You two lack reading comprehension skills. :lol:

Joker's comment was about Oakley saying Vince went to the finals twice, I don't know how that went over your head. He even started the post with "he thinks" (as in Oakley thinks).

I got that completely which was what my comment was based on. I even watched the video.

Again, it appears you didn't comprehend my original post and now the follow up post as well. Irony at its finest. :wink:
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
RealGM

Post#17 » by 720 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm

The_Hater wrote:
VC720 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I got that completely which was what my comment was based on. I even watched the video.

Again, it appears you didn't comprehend my original post and now the follow up post as well. Irony at its finest. :wink:

Since you said "I was about to say this" to a commenter that misunderstood Jokers' comment I assumed you also agreed with him. I didn't know you could take that phrase any other way. :-?
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#18 » by AirCanadaMouse » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Once T-Mac got in the HOF it is pretty much cemented that Vince will be there too.
Thank you Clutch0z24
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#19 » by pkiskool » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm

How could anyone not think he is HoF, especially with T-mac getting in there.
The man has so many highlight films that would be played over and over and over again for the centuries.
Just like Jerry West, just like Dr. J, just like Mike, just like Kobe etc.

and that is exactly why WE NEED TO RETIRE HIS JERSEY.
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#20 » by Mr Burns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm

pkiskool wrote:How could anyone not think he is HoF, especially with T-mac getting in there.
The man has so many highlight films that would be played over and over and over again for the centuries.
Just like Jerry West, just like Dr. J, just like Mike, just like Kobe etc.

and that is exactly why WE NEED TO RETIRE HIS JERSEY.

Yeah let's retire the jersey of a man who QUIT on the team and the city.

Return to Toronto Raptors