ImageImageImageImageImage

Charles Oakley speaks on current Raptors, Vince Carter HOF & NBA going soft

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Re: Charles Oakley speaks on current Raptors, Vince Carter HOF & NBA going soft 

Post#21 » by [SJJ] » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm

The way he left us is a HUGE blemish on his resume. One of the more cowardly and childish things I've ever seen from a pro athlete making over $10m/yr.

BUT he is the sole reason I ever picked up a basketball and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'll never forgive him for quitting on us but I definitely think he should be in the HoF.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#22 » by pkiskool » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Mr Burns wrote:
pkiskool wrote:How could anyone not think he is HoF, especially with T-mac getting in there.
The man has so many highlight films that would be played over and over and over again for the centuries.
Just like Jerry West, just like Dr. J, just like Mike, just like Kobe etc.

and that is exactly why WE NEED TO RETIRE HIS JERSEY.

Yeah let's retire the jersey of a man who QUIT on the team and the city.

No sense in making such claim.
It's so subjective, there are like 15 versions of stories to that development.
Just look at the facts and achievements - he did tons for us.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#23 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:09 pm

VC has officially went to the finals twice now.

If Oak says it, then I'm going to believe it.

VC, 2 time finals appearance.
Read
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#24 » by Mr Burns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 pm

pkiskool wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:
pkiskool wrote:How could anyone not think he is HoF, especially with T-mac getting in there.
The man has so many highlight films that would be played over and over and over again for the centuries.
Just like Jerry West, just like Dr. J, just like Mike, just like Kobe etc.

and that is exactly why WE NEED TO RETIRE HIS JERSEY.

No sense is making such claim.

16ppg 3 rpg 3 apg suddenly turned into 28ppg 6 rpg 5 apg once he was traded
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,514

Post#25 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm

ms25 wrote:VC has officially went to the finals twice now.

It's 2017, facts don't matter anymore.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by pkiskool » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Mr Burns wrote:
pkiskool wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

You're looking at two sets of numbers from a single season in a span of half season, and disregarding all he ever accomplished here for mulitple years? #delusional
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#27 » by 720 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 pm

pkiskool wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:
pkiskool wrote:No sense is making such claim.

You're looking at two sets of numbers from a single season in a span of half season, and disregarding all he ever accomplished here for mulitple years? #delusional

You'll always be known as a goat **** If you **** a goat. No matter your other life accomplishments. This applies to VC. He quit on the team, no way should his jersey be retired.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by pkiskool » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:38 pm

VC720 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

You'll always be known as a goat **** If you **** a goat. No matter your other life accomplishments. This applies to VC.

This comes from a guy with ID as VC720...?
So Kobe is a goat **** because he allegedly raped a teenager? His other legendary accomplishments don't count?
AI is a goat **** because he skipped practice to be with his passed-away friend?
YOU are a goat **** because you must have lived a spotless life with nothing tainted /greenfont?
Wow... smh
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#29 » by 720 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm

pkiskool wrote:
VC720 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:You're looking at two sets of numbers from a single season in a span of half season, and disregarding all he ever accomplished here for mulitple years? #delusional

You'll always be known as a goat **** If you **** a goat. No matter your other life accomplishments. This applies to VC.

So Kobe is a goat **** because he allegedly raped a teenager? His other legendary accomplishments don't count?
AI is a goat **** because he skipped practice to be with his passed-away friend?
YOU are a goat **** because you must have lived a spotless life with nothing tainted /greenfont?
Wow... smh

I love how everytime I say anything negative about VC my name comes into play. As if that means anything. As for your examples, both the Kobe and AI incidents are different because their fan bases forgave them for it and moved on. There was never such a moment for Vince, even to this day when the booing has quieted down there are still some lingering grumblings. Also neither of those examples are of players quiting on their fans. Vince actively sabatoged the team by purposely playing like **** and not trying. I think that's a little bit more of a personal attack for fans.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#30 » by Patman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

VC720 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:
VC720 wrote:You'll always be known as a goat **** If you **** a goat. No matter your other life accomplishments. This applies to VC.

Wow... smh

I love how everytime I say anything negative about VC my name comes into play. As if that means anything. As for your examples, both the Kobe and AI incident are different because their franchises and fan base forgave them for it and moved on. There was never such a moment for Vince, even to this day when the booing has quieted down there are still some lingering grumblings. Also neither of those examples are of players quiting on their fans. Vince actively sabatoged the team by purposely playing like **** and not trying. I think that's a little bit more personal attack for fans.

This is how I used to feel at the time. I was literally a jilted teenager. But now at my semi-advanced age, I don't think Vince did it maliciously. Prime Vince has always needed motivation to play his best (he's much more of a pro now). He didn't feel motivated enough to play at his best. That's the real knock on him. I don't think he was wringing his hands like "F*ck this organization. I'm gonna tank my value so that they don't get squat in return for me". That's counter-intuitive, as it would have only made it harder for him to be moved. Vince couldn't have known ahead of time that Babcock was a bonehead that was willing to get rid of him for peanuts.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,804

Post#31 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Patman wrote:
VC720 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:This comes from a guy with ID as VC720...?
Wow... smh

I love how everytime I say anything negative about VC my name comes into play. As if that means anything. As for your examples, both the Kobe and AI incident are different because their franchises and fan base forgave them for it and moved on. There was never such a moment for Vince, even to this day when the booing has quieted down there are still some lingering grumblings. Also neither of those examples are of players quiting on their fans. Vince actively sabatoged the team by purposely playing like **** and not trying. I think that's a little bit more personal attack for fans.

This is how I used to feel at the time. I was literally a jilted teenager. But now at my semi-advanced age, I don't think Vince did it maliciously. Prime Vince has always needed motivation to play his best (he's much more of a pro now). He didn't feel motivated enough to play at his best. That's the real knock on him. I don't think he was wringing his hands like "F*ck this organization. I'm gonna tank my value so that they don't get squat in return for me". That's counter-intuitive, as it would have only made it harder for him to be moved. Vince couldn't have known ahead of time that Babcock was a bonehead that was willing to get rid of him for peanuts.

We're all older. I'm still just as certain now as I was then, that he did it to force a trade. Either way, he's a professional and there was no excuse.
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,621

Post#32 » by ishoy123 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Mr Burns wrote:
pkiskool wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

As well as the supposed injuries
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#33 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:46 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:

It's 2017, facts don't matter anymore.

Oak has his facts straight:

Here he is at the finals:

Here he is at the finals again:

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#34 » by Patman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 pm

I wish Oak also re-wrote history for Vince's game 7 shot against Philly.
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#35 » by Mr Burns » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:17 pm

pkiskool wrote:
VC720 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:You're looking at two sets of numbers from a single season in a span of half season, and disregarding all he ever accomplished here for mulitple years? #delusional

Wow... smh

What does any of that have to do with basketball? I'm talking strictly basketball. Vince quit on the team there is no way around it. You can make all the excuses in the world that you want to make it's not going to change the fact that he gave up not only on his team but the fan base that loved him to death. I legit don't think I can recall another player taking their value deliberately like he did during games. How else can you explain an 11 point jump in production and numbers across the board rising once he got traded? HOW SWAY? We already gave him his video at the ACC he can go **** off now.
tdot56
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#36 » by tdot56 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:29 am

VC is the biggest superstar to ever play basketball in Canada.... had management not fcked up at that time (arujo, no pg, surrounding him with trash)... he would have been unreal.

By far most exciting player... seasons tickets.. saw it all...

Yeah HOF and only one worthy on raps to have jersey retired...
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#37 » by TerryTate » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:09 pm

VC720 wrote:
pkiskool wrote:
VC720 wrote:You'll always be known as a goat **** If you **** a goat. No matter your other life accomplishments. This applies to VC.

Wow... smh

I love how everytime I say anything negative about VC my name comes into play. As if that means anything. As for your examples, both the Kobe and AI incidents are different because their fan bases forgave them for it and moved on. There was never such a moment for Vince, even to this day when the booing has quieted down there are still some lingering grumblings. Also neither of those examples are of players quiting on their fans. Vince actively sabatoged the team by purposely playing like **** and not trying. I think that's a little bit more of a personal attack for fans.

Bosh did the same thing... you don't see him get as much flak.

The bigger the star, like the hotter the GF, the worse the heartbreak.

Return to Toronto Raptors