ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 2017 NBPA (Player's Voice) Awards

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Re: OT: 2017 NBA Players' Voice Awards. 

Post#21 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:00 pm

phanman wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Oracle is a nice second fiddle to the ACC. Their fans aren't as loud inside the arena, much less outside.

You must have not gone to many games this past season :D. All them suit wearing hipsters ruined the arenas atmosphere.

You're not wrong. During the games I went to this past season it was almost faux pas to show any type of emotion. But my original response was more in regards to the playoffs.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Tokey41
Sophomore
And1: 72

Re: OT: 2017 NBPA (Player's Voice) Awards 

Post#22 » by Tokey41 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Say what you will about Kawhi not deserving the MVP, but the dudes team (filled with prehistoric veterans, role players, and the re-animated corpse of Lamarcus Aldrige) was up 20 points on a juggernaut GSW team before his injury. That's the only time they looked vulnerable all playoffs. I just don't know how you can argue someone's more valuable than that.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Re: OT: NBPA Awards 

Post#23 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:42 am

Patman wrote:
CoachD wrote:I think it's VERY telling that the players chose Kawhi as their DPOY and not the guy who actually won.

Players would usually pick the best one-on-one stopper, not the best system defender. The same thing probably happens in football. The players would pick guys that have a qualitative impact (tackles, sacks, INTs, knockdowns, etc.). But the guys that the offensive coordinators try to avoid in their schemes wouldn't get as much love.

Yup. It's why Avery Bradley gets so overrated.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Re: OT: 2017 NBA Players' Voice Awards. 

Post#24 » by Throwback24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 am

phanman wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Oracle is a nice second fiddle to the ACC. Their fans aren't as loud inside the arena, much less outside.

You must have not gone to many games this past season :D. All them suit wearing hipsters ruined the arenas atmosphere.

Oracle has the best arena in basketball. Not sure ACC is 2nd either.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.

Return to Toronto Raptors