ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Trust the Process???

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Re: PG: Trust the Process??? 

Post#141 » by vaff87 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:07 am

jojo152433 wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:I absolutely despise people who bring up Washington's poor record and pin it on Fultz. Scum of the earth casuals who clearly didn't watch the games...

Wow - overreact much?

I think you've overvalued the importance of basketball analysis when it comes to evaluating one's character.

:rofl: You think so?
RaptorHooter
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,184

Post#142 » by RaptorHooter » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:08 am

dukes_wild wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:Lol seriously?

He was an absolute force offensively in Washington. Great 3 point shooter with Harden-esque scoring instincts.

It's his shoulder. Why would a player who shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts per game in College suddenly go 3 games without taking one 3pt attempt? Why would a player with seemingly fine shooting mechanics absolutely change his shooting form at the line in a way that puts no pressure on his shoulder?

The Sixers medical staff have said his shoulder is fine.

He wasn't that good in college. His team was 2-16 in conference play and lost 13 straight games to end the season. Kid seems like a real leader out there.

Yeah, you didn't watch Washington I guess.

The best teammates he had were David Crisp, a 6 foot shooting guard, and Noah Dickerson, neither of which will ever be drafted or appear in an NBA game.

That team was a clown show full of guys who shouldn't even be playing D1 basketball. I absolutely despise people who bring up Washington's poor record and pin it on Fultz. Scum of the earth casuals who clearly didn't watch the games but since LaVar Ball brought it up it's apparently fact

Ask the board if anyone would trade Fultz str8 up for OG today.
BBallG
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,749

Post#143 » by BBallG » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:09 am

Boogie! wrote:
nabbs wrote:
Boogie! wrote:in other news:

Man I can't believe the shape he is in

team would've been better with johnson over carroll. fraction of the price too... no idea why casey hated him so much. never got a fair shake here tbh. his skillset could've been used as a point forward role off the bench, instead he was just another garbage man in casey's iso system. would fit in well with this current team as well.

We all saw his talent and yet our professional NBA staff couldn't make it work somehow. How does this happens is beyond me. The politics behind the scene must be interesting...
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#144 » by zilby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:09 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
zilby wrote:I’m so beyond impressed by the bench. They’re making me excited for this year and beyond. Youth movement is real for us

the 905 effect at work. it's just as much chemistry as it is talent.

No doubt. I’ve preached how important it is what Masai has done with the G-League, and IMO the Raptors have been the best team in the league at managing the G-League and truly utilizing it as a farm system.

The development is great to see. Delon looks so confident. Poeltl has a solid bench role. OG has been better than advertised and even Pascal got burn. It’s a shame Bruno got lost in all that but he’s an outlier at this point in what’s been a terrific track record.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Re: RE: Re: PG: Trust the Process??? 

Post#145 » by RyderMike » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:12 am

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
The Boy wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Seriously What has he shown that makes him a number 1 overrall pick in a stack draft. No elite attribute
He's playing with the same injury Lowry had in 2015.

Shoulder injury changes your whole game, he will look lost for a while.

I was watching their game the other night and the commentators said that the Sixers medical staff has said there is nothing wrong with his shoulder. Take that for what it's worth.

Fultz: Hey Doc, my shoulder is bothering me.
Doctor: *checks out shoulder* It looks fine.
Fultz: It's not that shoulder. It's the other one.
Doctor: Nah, if one is good, they are both good.
Fultz: *can't shoot*
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#146 » by kj_ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:12 am

Boogie! wrote:
nabbs wrote:

team would've been better with johnson over carroll. fraction of the price too... no idea why casey hated him so much. never got a fair shake here tbh. his skillset could've been used as a point forward role off the bench, instead he was just another garbage man in casey's iso system. would fit in well with this current team as well.

Dunking on people was never his weakness. Realizing he was a poor shooter was. Couldn't understand his role. Defend, get to the rim when he had a clear advantage. Thought he was more of a scorer than his skills suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NirvanaFC
Veteran
And1: 2,600

Post#147 » by NirvanaFC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:16 am

dukes_wild wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:Yeah, you didn't watch Washington I guess.

The best teammates he had were David Crisp, a 6 foot shooting guard, and Noah Dickerson, neither of which will ever be drafted or appear in an NBA game.

That team was a clown show full of guys who shouldn't even be playing D1 basketball. I absolutely despise people who bring up Washington's poor record and pin it on Fultz. Scum of the earth casuals who clearly didn't watch the games but since LaVar Ball brought it up it's apparently fact

First of all, he could be playing with me and you and I'd still expect him to not go out there and lose by 20+ every night. No number one pick loses that bad. Even Ben Simmons didn't and his situation was even worse than Fultz's.

You still haven't answered my question. What does he do at a high level in the NBA? Aside from his size, he doesn't have any high quality attributes.

He's an average athlete, with average playmaking, poor defense, poor leadership, and has decided to change his shot. The one positive attribute he had is now his biggest weakness.

What does any 19 year old rookie do at a high level in the NBA aside from generational talents like KD/LeBron?

Anyways, Fultz is an elite scoring prospect. Hesitation, PnR scoring, Pull-up, amazing craftiness with the ball that resembles James Harden. He's literally the prototype of what you want a scoring PG to be, he has every single weapon in his arsenal that a player needs to succeed at the NBA level. The only negative thing you can say about his game offensively is his shot selection can be pretty erratic, but that's to be expected playing for a bad team that relies heavily on your scoring to even make the games close.

I'm not taking anything from these games until I get a legit explanation as to why he's not taking any 3s, which was a huge part of his success in College. Why is he only playing 19 minutes per game? Why has he including pre-season played 7 games, and has only taken three total 3s, making none after being a 41% 3pt shooter on high volume in College?

Because he secretly changed his shot for no apparent reason. Have you seen his free throws now? They are so so ugly.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#148 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:17 am

dukes_wild wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:Yeah, you didn't watch Washington I guess.

First of all, he could be playing with me and you and I'd still expect him to not go out there and lose by 20+ every night. No number one pick loses that bad. Even Ben Simmons didn't and his situation was even worse than Fultz's.

You still haven't answered my question. What does he do at a high level in the NBA? Aside from his size, he doesn't have any high quality attributes.

He's an average athlete, with average playmaking, poor defense, poor leadership, and has decided to change his shot. The one positive attribute he had is now his biggest weakness.

What does any 19 year old rookie do at a high level in the NBA aside from generational talents like KD/LeBron?

Anyways, Fultz is an elite scoring prospect. Hesitation, PnR scoring, Pull-up, amazing craftiness with the ball that resembles James Harden. He's literally the prototype of what you want a scoring PG to be, he has every single weapon in his arsenal that a player needs to succeed at the NBA level. The only negative thing you can say about his game offensively is his shot selection can be pretty erratic, but that's to be expected playing for a bad team that relies heavily on your scoring to even make the games close.

I'm not taking anything from these games until I get a legit explanation as to why he's not taking any 3s, which was a huge part of his success in College. Why is he only playing 19 minutes per game? Why has he including pre-season played 7 games, and has only taken three total 3s, making none after being a 41% 3pt shooter on high volume in College?

Well for one, the NBA line is a lot further from the hoop than the NCAA line. It's possible he just doesn't have that kind of range yet.

He's nothing like James Harden. You've been reading too much nbadraft.net if that's what you truly believe.

James Harden had elite efficiency in both his years at ASU as shown by his TS% and eFG%. Both years are far better than that Fultz did at WU last year.

Harden's biggest asset is arguably his ability to get to the line. His free throw rate was almost DOUBLE Fultz's in college.

Not to mention the fact that Harden actually did the most important thing in basketball: He won games. His win shares were so much better than Markelle's, I'm not even going to post the numbers out of respect.

They are nothing alike as players. Comparing a guy who ended his college career on a 13 game losing streak is a complete insult to a perennial MVP candidate like James Harden.
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#149 » by RaptorsNorth » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:19 am

The real test start on Monday!
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#150 » by Boogie! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:20 am

kj_ wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
nabbs wrote:

Dunking on people was never his weakness. Realizing he was a poor shooter was. Couldn't understand his role. Defend, get to the rim when he had a clear advantage. Thought he was more of a scorer than his skills suggested.

carroll really wasn't much better at anything else in his tenure here other than his shooting. what couldn't he understand about his role? his role was to be a garbage man. defend and be the last option on offense. and that's what he did. the problem is he should've been used differently. i'm not saying that he wasn't partially to blame. but my point was that he didn't get a chance and his skillset wasn't being used properly on this team. but we've said that about a lot of players.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,934

Post#151 » by Anticon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:20 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Sure did. His team was ass but his jump shot was actually competent. His free throw shooting motion looks like shaq at the line lol

Read on Twitter

If lonzo ball played like this I can only imagine the trolls

If you watched him in College, how can you say he has no elite attribute then?

He had one of the most dominant offensive years by an NCAA freshman in recent memory

By stats like WS and BPM he actually wasn't that great compared to the other top 10 picks. It wasn't an ultra statistical season like Durant or Beasley, he just put up lots of PPG playing with no talent teammates

I didn't watch a minute of Fultz in college but honestly how he played then is irrelevant now.

The question is, does he have the skill-set/talent of a number one pick based on his NBA performance? I don't see it right now, and with a number one pick you definitely should. That should be clear pretty immediately even with wonky shooting.

He looks like a great top ten prospect to me and likely the right pick for Philly given the challenge of building around Simmons, but for the life of me I don't understand how he became consensus number one. Just some weird group think.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#152 » by RaptorsLife » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:20 am

Anticon wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:If you watched him in College, how can you say he has no elite attribute then?

He had one of the most dominant offensive years by an NCAA freshman in recent memory

By stats like WS and BPM he actually wasn't that great compared to the other top 10 picks. It wasn't an ultra statistical season like Durant or Beasley, he just put up lots of PPG playing with no talent teammates

I didn't watch a minute of Fultz in college but honestly how he played then is irrelevant now.

The question is, does he have the skill-set/talent of a number one pick based on his NBA performance? I don't see it right now, and with a number one pick you definitely should. That should be clear pretty immediately even with wonky shooting.

He looks like a great top ten prospect to me, but for the life of me I don't understand how he became consensus number one. Just some weird group think.

Even Anthony Bennett look good in college
Raptors til death
polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#153 » by polo007 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
BDDray420
Senior
And1: 771

Post#154 » by BDDray420 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:25 am

Fultz looks like a bust so far... His body language looks like he has 0 confidence and almost looks like he doesn't want to be there.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#155 » by Mikistan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 am

polo007 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

OG plays the game the right way man

JV likely heard a "pop" on his high ankle for a grade 2 sprain, 2-3 weeks is my prognosis, we simply dont need him and can let him heal and integrate after maybe even off the bench
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#156 » by hankscorpioLA » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 am

BBallG wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

We all saw his talent and yet our professional NBA staff couldn't make it work somehow. How does this happens is beyond me. The politics behind the scene must be interesting...

I know...not to mention the politics in Chicago, Sacramento, and Memphis, who also had their shot with Johnson and said no.

Or...or...or...just hear me out here...I know its crazy...but maybe the difference here is not Miami, but James Johnson. I know what you are saying.."but Hank...people NEVER change...not even after blowing through four franchises and finding themselves almost out of the league...they NEVER EVER EVER CHANGE."

I guess there is a first time for everything.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Re: RE: Re: PG: Trust the Process??? 

Post#157 » by bon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 am

Boogie! wrote:
kj_ wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

carroll really wasn't much better at anything else in his tenure here other than his shooting. what couldn't he understand about his role? his role was to be a garbage man. defend and be the last option on offense. and that's what he did. the problem is he should've been used differently. i'm not saying that he wasn't partially to blame. but my point was that he didn't get a chance and his skillset wasn't being used properly on this team. but we've said that about a lot of players.

He was garbage, so he was given the garbage man role. When he's out there bombing open layups and threes how could he expect a bigger role?
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#158 » by vaff87 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:32 am

So the last two years the Sixers have the #1 pick, and both times they select guys who have broken shots? One guy who changes his shot for some reason, and completely ruins it. And another guy that may be shooting with the wrong hand...
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#159 » by Inklink » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:38 am

Cocked that joint back and banged on 'em.
For lease.
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#160 » by Inklink » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:38 am

IDK why but I love watching Yak play.
For lease.

Return to Toronto Raptors