ImageImageImageImageImage

Norm! What Can Be Done?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: Norm! What Can Be Done? 

Post#161 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Norm smoking too much weed now, he can no longer focus on the basket. I knew having James Johnson on this team was a bad idea :lol: Image
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,418

Post#162 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:11 pm

He's getting the more than anyone on the team right now. Tough situation for him. Got his SP taken away by a rookie then thought he would get more touches on the bench crew, but that isnt happening much with guys like VV, Miles, Pasc, Jak all playing so well.
BBallInSight
Sixth Man
And1: 1,337

Post#163 » by BBallInSight » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:27 pm

He is weak mentally. It's painful to watch. Even his defence isn't noticeable.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#164 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

lol he's been making 60% of his 2 pt fgs for a while. But he's weak and possibly disabled and a mental midget etc.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#165 » by MikeM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 pm

He needs an in-between game in the worst way. Opponents know when he puts his head down he's going all the way to the rim. If he had some sort of hesitation or step back then he'd be 100x better.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#166 » by macNcheese3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm

hope he figures it out and real quick.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#167 » by Mister Ze » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 pm

BBallInSight wrote:He is weak mentally. It's painful to watch. Even his defence isn't noticeable.

Yeah you don't see flashes of his motor as much compared to last season.
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#168 » by isyed » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Master Ze wrote:
BBallInSight wrote:He is weak mentally. It's painful to watch. Even his defence isn't noticeable.

Yeah you don't see flashes of his motor as much compared to last season.

Agreed. Would be better off if he puts all his effort on defence and rebounding and let the game come to him. Hit some threes when completely open and attack when the pressure is not on him. Maybe being more active defensively will help him refocus.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#169 » by Dalek » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 pm

When Casey talks about OG playing within himself and not trying to do too much, I feel like he is inadvertently taking a dig at towards Norm Powell. Going back to even last year, Powell has struggled with not choosing spots correctly. I think he will bounce back because he has talent, but I question his place now.

Delon Wright is coming back, and I can see him being preferred over Norm, because Casey likes mistake free basketball, which Wright offers with slightly better defense because of his size.

FVV is playing well enough to close most games.

CJ Miles is a scorer/shooter needed off the bench.

Siakam and Poeltl are needed for size and rebounding.

That leaves Norman Powell out of the rotation, unless they go back to a 11-12 man rotation (once Bebe is back). I might considering sending him down for conditioning, but he may just have to sit for a while.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#170 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Powell is what he is. Just because some people looked at a series against the Bucks that was matchup based and where he was the open man all the time as the 4th option, they think he’s a great player. I said it then, I said it when people were arguing about starters, I’ll say it now. Powell is going to be a decent player, but he’s not great and anyone having a hard time comprehending Powell’s play had their expectations way out of line in the first place, and that’s the real issue.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#171 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:50 am

MikeM wrote:He needs an in-between game in the worst way. Opponents know when he puts his head down he's going all the way to the rim. If he had some sort of hesitation or step back then he'd be 100x better.

You say this, as if they're stopping him or something. He's made 54% of his 2pt shots this year. And this is after starting the year horribly.

His rookie year for comparison he made only 44% of his 2pt shots. He was hot from three however, and left open there often.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#172 » by 7 Footer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 am

As long he doesn't smoke up in the plane and doesn't smoke Casey's weed, its all good.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#173 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 am

Part of the struggles could be overthinking and overdoing from the pressure of signing a new deal. Before he played hard on both ends and let the game come to him, but now he's forcing the issue too much. He'll work things out but like Dalek mentions above, I'm not sure where he's going to find the PT.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#174 » by Chandan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:31 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Powell is what he is. Just because some people looked at a series against the Bucks that was matchup based and where he was the open man all the time as the 4th option, they think he’s a great player. I said it then, I said it when people were arguing about starters, I’ll say it now. Powell is going to be a decent player, but he’s not great and anyone having a hard time comprehending Powell’s play had their expectations way out of line in the first place, and that’s the real issue.

You are being too generous. Define decent. like a decent bench player? I don''t even think he is as good as say... a Marco Belinelli, whom i consider serviceable.

Ask yourself why would you play Norman Powell. The answer is neither score nor play some defense. You just put him out there as a body until a starter gets enough rest.
jepjep
Rookie
And1: 578

Post#175 » by jepjep » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:39 am

He has to learn from DD and have a midrange game. Right now he just has the 3-pt shot and a drive to the basket. Very easy to read
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,275

Post#176 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:Norm smoking too much weed now, he can no longer focus on the basket. I knew having James Johnson on this team was a bad idea :lol: Image

Brah why you always have your pics in like the middle of your sentences?! Space that sh*t out homeboy! lol

#normainttheonlyonehigh
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#177 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 am

What can be done? Probably a trade I guess.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#178 » by kj_ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:02 am

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:
MikeM wrote:He needs an in-between game in the worst way. Opponents know when he puts his head down he's going all the way to the rim. If he had some sort of hesitation or step back then he'd be 100x better.

You say this, as if they're stopping him or something. He's made 54% of his 2pt shots this year. And this is after starting the year horribly.

His rookie year for comparison he made only 44% of his 2pt shots. He was hot from three however, and left open there often.

He’s turning the ball over a lot on those head down drives. His TOV% has jumped to 15.3.

A floater would really help open his passing game. Easier to pass out of when things aren’t there. There are more passing options. At the rim there is only to dump off or swing to the corner which teams are getting better at rotating to take away.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#179 » by Danny1616 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 am

He has too much tunnel vision when driving.

While he should work on his mid range game, floaters, handles, he also has to learn to drive and kick.
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#180 » by kj_ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 am

Tbh, this is what Norm has been since the Ross trade aside from a good Bucks series.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Toronto Raptors