ImageImageImageImageImage

The Raptors a Top 5 Team?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,779

Re: RE: Re: The Raptors a Top 5 Team? 

Post#81 » by Potential » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:01 am

LRJ wrote:
johanliebert wrote:Lastly why are the raptors ranked 14th in offense on nba 2k? They’ve been a top 10 offense for like 5 years now but can’t get respect .

2k always **** us. Lowry's only an 85 and was an 83 recently too. foh

People still play 2k???
LRJ
General Manager
And1: 40,676

Post#82 » by LRJ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:16 am

Potential wrote:
LRJ wrote:
johanliebert wrote:Lastly why are the raptors ranked 14th in offense on nba 2k? They’ve been a top 10 offense for like 5 years now but can’t get respect .

People still play 2k???

lots

although I got it with my PS4 slim when I upgraded to it. Gameplay and presentation are great. 2k is too greedy with microtransactions though.

turbozone.ca
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Re: The Raptors a Top 5 Team? 

Post#83 » by Bankai » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:31 am

The Raptors wont do any real damage unless they get over their deep fear of LeBron. If they can avoid LeBron in the playoffs, they have a shot.
DJ_RnC
Analyst
And1: 5,231

Post#84 » by DJ_RnC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:34 am

Not even a top 5 team in the East
Raptors_Won
Junior
And1: 973

Post#85 » by Raptors_Won » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 am

PhilBlackson wrote:There's reason you need to be "sold" on the idea because...

GSW
CLE
SAS
HOU
BOS

...are the top 5 teams in the NBA imo and I don't see that changing unless we somehow make a big trade.

Should have said top 6.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#86 » by sule » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:38 am

Our playoff success will come with Demar and Lowry (especially Lowry) can shake off being visibly shook under high pressure. Remember the Knicks loss when the crowd was cheering the heck outta the Knicks and Lowry started looking scared and ended up dropping in his level of play? That's the kind of situation where our players need to thrive off and excel. Once they do that, we'll be considered contenders.

I hope we have at least another game or two where the opposing crowd is rowdy as hell, and our best players step up instead of curling into a fetal position.

Our next games against the Cavs and GSW on Jan. 11th and 13th will give us a good indication of what this team is capable of. A decisive win in one of those teams (hopefully the Cavs game), will send a strong message that we're here to stay and ready to rise to the challenge of the playoffs.

A win against both could automatically propel us into contender discussion for the playoffs if we can continue to hold a top record in the East. Those 8 days with games against the Cavs, Warriors, 76ers, and Spurs will be the tell on what tier this team is in.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#87 » by Anticon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 am

LRJ wrote:
Potential wrote:
LRJ wrote:

People still play 2k???

lots

although I got it with my PS4 slim when I upgraded to it. Gameplay and presentation are great. 2k is too greedy with microtransactions though.

Isn't 2K really the only NBA series out there? Or are people just not really playing NBA games as much?
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#88 » by MikeM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 am

We'll be top 5 when we develop Poeltl. He ties everything together as a potential stretch 5 with elite defence. Perfect complement to our backcourt. Hit his first 3 last night. On any bottom feeder he'd have already played twice as many minutes and probably would have already been shooting 3s in meaningless games for the past year.

Wasting time with JV and Bebe when we know in the playoffs neither of them are going to be able to stay on the court. Only C on our roster with the potential to play playoff defence is Poeltl.
TackyRapsFan
Veteran
And1: 2,374

Post#89 » by TackyRapsFan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 am

forget the stats.
My eyes tell me we'd struggle to beat Indiana. Again.

All the stats and numbers in the world won't overshadow what I'm seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#90 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:12 am

Lock this jynx thread
Raptors til death
RealGM
And1: 66,418

Post#91 » by 720 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:20 am

I would say yes, after the rockets, warriors, spurs, Cavs, it’s then us imo.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#92 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 am

MikeM wrote:We'll be top 5 when we develop Poeltl. He ties everything together as a potential stretch 5 with elite defence. Perfect complement to our backcourt. Hit his first 3 last night. On any bottom feeder he'd have already played twice as many minutes and probably would have already been shooting 3s in meaningless games for the past year.

Wasting time with JV and Bebe when we know in the playoffs neither of them are going to be able to stay on the court. Only C on our roster with the potential to play playoff defence is Poeltl.

Yak will/does struggle with bigger Cs, despite them being a dying breed & JV's only form of usefulness...it's could be a real problem for us should we draw a team like PHI, IND, DET or MIA which of course is highly likely. We at least need another big bodied C to rebound.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#93 » by johanliebert » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 am

sule wrote:Our playoff success will come with Demar and Lowry (especially Lowry) can shake off being visibly shook under high pressure. Remember the Knicks loss when the crowd was cheering the heck outta the Knicks and Lowry started looking scared and ended up dropping in his level of play? That's the kind of situation where our players need to thrive off and excel. Once they do that, we'll be considered contenders.

I hope we have at least another game or two where the opposing crowd is rowdy as hell, and our best players step up instead of curling into a fetal position.

Our next games against the Cavs and GSW on Jan. 11th and 13th will give us a good indication of what this team is capable of. A decisive win in one of those teams (hopefully the Cavs game), will send a strong message that we're here to stay and ready to rise to the challenge of the playoffs.

A win against both could automatically propel us into contender discussion for the playoffs if we can continue to hold a top record in the East. Those 8 days with games against the Cavs, Warriors, 76ers, and Spurs will be the tell on what tier this team is in.

Demar and Lowry are fine. Don’t fault them because management won’t get them the help lebron has.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#94 » by whoknows » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 pm

question is:
- are they a top 2 playoffs team in the East?

That's only thing that really matter!
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#95 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 pm

johanliebert wrote:
sule wrote:Our playoff success will come with Demar and Lowry (especially Lowry) can shake off being visibly shook under high pressure. Remember the Knicks loss when the crowd was cheering the heck outta the Knicks and Lowry started looking scared and ended up dropping in his level of play? That's the kind of situation where our players need to thrive off and excel. Once they do that, we'll be considered contenders.

Demar and Lowry are fine. Don’t fault them because management won’t get them the help lebron has.

I'd way rather have our supporting cast than Cleveland's. Love and Thomas are great, but the rest of their squad is guys who are way past their prime and on the downside of their careers.

Wade, Smith, Korver, Frye, Rose, Calderon, Crowder etc.

Thompson is nice and still young, but his contract is pretty brutal.

I'd way rather have our roster moving forwards, especially if they end up trading that pick from the Kyrie trade and LeBron walks anyways.
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.

Return to Toronto Raptors