ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BUDDAMAN
Sophomore
And1: 331

Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#21 » by BUDDAMAN » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:40 am

wish we got T harris somehow
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,005

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#22 » by mieshpal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Topher wrote:Troy Williams?

I like this pickup, but we probably won't get him.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,005

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#23 » by mieshpal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
vanhill wrote:shabazz muhammad..
We should pick him up if he gets waived by the wolves...

Might be the worst offensive player in the league. The guy is a disappointment, he was touted as the next great wing going into the draft then just stunk up his playing time in Minny. I don't want him near this team I would take Tony Allen or VC 10 out of 10 times

Shabazz would be such a horrible pickup. Waste of a roster spot imo

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#24 » by Dalek » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am

After all the Bosh hype, I still like keeping things as they are and to get a vet to play a role of being a player-coach. Boris Diaw is an ideal fit, with the right type of playing style to fit our current approach, and is just a classy guy overall.

Diaw is averaging 11.8 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 4.9 assists in the French League currently. More than good enough as a 14th or 15th man for the Raps.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#25 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 am

WreckJohnson wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
WreckJohnson wrote:If Kyle tanks in the playoffs again, I think BC would still be into trading for him and we would be interested in unloading him to sign Fred and get in under the tax. This would also open up some room to use that exception we have to maybe get someone else decent. This would have to be before the new league year starts but works in the trade checker:

PHI gets: Lowry
TOR gets: Redick and Fultz

BC can unload Fultz just in case his value tanks, and hopefully he can be fixed AND we get a bunch of financial flexibility. If he CAN be fixed, we are laughing. Philly gets a hometown hero who would make them a great regular season team at least and they would have their own Big 3 and don’t have to worry about the Fultz total bust potential anymore. It’s a pretty bold move but if the team gets blown away by the Cavs again, it’s really time to switch up the core a bit. If the team makes the Finals......it would be a tougher move but at least should be considered.

Why do people want Fultz? The guy can't shoot to save his life. I don't see him as a star he's going to be decent but Toronto isn't a team that will be a player in the free agency market especially with Powell, DeRozan, Jonas Valančiūnas and Ibaka on the roster

It wouldn’t open up enough space to sign anyone of note, I literally said that it would just allow us to re-sign Fred and still stay under the tax and use the trade exception/MLE to get another shooter. And Fultz JUST got taken first overall eight months and was the consensus number one pick in a draft that was thought to be loaded. There is still some talent there and since we aren’t gonna be able to sign a star, swing for the fences in a high-risk, high reward move.

Fultz maybe the worst shooting point guard in the entire league. There are plenty of great NCAA athletes whose games never translate into The NBA, I feel Fultz is easily one of those players. I don't trust Demar and Fultz going forward as Demar is a very streaky three point shooter Ave needs Lowry to be the very good shooter he is. Plus Lowry is leading the league in charges taken and is a good rebounder. If this is about saving millions to pay VanVleet than I am sorry but I thank Freddy for his service and great run here and wish him the best.

Fultz was never the consensus number one pick it was a toss up between Lonzo, Fultz and I seen Fox as high as number 1 or Tatum at 1
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Jermaine OBosh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Post#26 » by Jermaine OBosh » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:21 pm

wonder what or who we can get for Norman Powell and still save money.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#27 » by Psubs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Jermaine OBosh wrote:wonder what or who we can get for Norman Powell and still save money.

I'm hoping for a decent 2nd round pick for Powell and cash.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#28 » by bootsythornton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 am

Powell will get us a 1st. Put Powell on Brooklyn and he's probably their best player and a 20 ppg volume scorer.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#29 » by bluerap23 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm

sportsyard wrote:Powell will get us a 1st. Put Powell on Brooklyn and he's probably their best player and a 20 ppg volume scorer.

Don’t see Brooklyn trading a first round pick any time soon...
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,263

Post#30 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Psubs wrote:
Jermaine OBosh wrote:wonder what or who we can get for Norman Powell and still save money.

I'm hoping for a decent 2nd round pick for Powell and cash.

I think he might be able to get a couple of second rounders (look at PJ) which I'd love because I'd try to grab guys like Isaac Bonga, Shake Milton or Chandler Hutchinson.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#31 » by HangTime » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:17 pm

I would love to have Diaw.

He would fit in with the 2nd unit perfectly, sharing the ball is in his genes. He never really seems panicked. He can play with the starters, giving guys more rest when needed.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#32 » by lebron stopper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 pm

sportsyard wrote:Powell will get us a 1st. Put Powell on Brooklyn and he's probably their best player and a 20 ppg volume scorer.

Nah the Nets aren't that historically awful anymore, just bad. They have D'Angelo Russell and RHJ. Although they would definitely love Powell's guard/perimeter defense.

I'd love it if Masai could get Powell for Bogdan from Sacramento, although I see that as unlikely even after you account for their bad FO. Bogdan would be a very good fit for the Raptors off the bench, providing the shooting and secondary playmaking and good defense that was expected from Powell this season. Meanwhile the Kings get a great guard defender at the SG position to pair with their young PG Fox in their backcourt, plus there's the chance that he could also break out and become even better (playing at his natural SG position with no All-Star ahead of him could really help that).
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by bootsythornton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:46 pm

lebron stopper wrote:

Nah the Nets aren't that historically awful anymore, just bad. They have D'Angelo Russell and RHJ. Although they would definitely love Powell's guard/perimeter defense.

I'd love it if Masai could get Powell for Bogdan from Sacramento, although I see that as unlikely even after you account for their bad FO. Bogdan would be a very good fit for the Raptors off the bench, providing the shooting and secondary playmaking and good defense that was expected from Powell this season. Meanwhile the Kings get a great guard defender at the SG position to pair with their young PG Fox in their backcourt, plus there's the chance that he could also break out and become even better (playing at his natural SG position with no All-Star ahead of him could really help that).

Maybe a 3 way trade with Brooklyn, I could see them really wanting Powell and using him. Ship RHJ to Sac and Bogdan to Toronto
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#34 » by lebron stopper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:05 pm

sportsyard wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:

Maybe a 3 way trade with Brooklyn, I could see them really wanting Powell and using him. Ship RHJ to Sac and Bogdan to Toronto

Brooklyn sees RHJ as a future piece, I don't see them wanting Powell at all. They certainly aren't giving up on RHJ (who can play both SF/PF) just to get Powell, especially when they already have a logjam at SG with Russell, Crabbe, LeVert.

As for trading Powell to Sacramento for Bogdan, for starters you'd have to convince them that Powell will be better than Bogdan or at least raise their ceiling more than Bogdan could, something like that. A very tall task when you consider that Bogdan has a ton of accolades in Europe before signing with the Kings. Masai will probably find a way to make that trade happen if he really really wants to though.
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#35 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Are you allowed to sign and trade a player as part of a bigger trade package?

For example, could a resigned Bebe be included with Powell in a deal? The main reason I raise this is because the Raptors really don't have that many contracts to match up in trades that are not part of the rotation.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#36 » by Psubs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 pm

PHANTOMPHOENIX wrote:Are you allowed to sign and trade a player as part of a bigger trade package?

For example, could a resigned Bebe be included with Powell in a deal? The main reason I raise this is because the Raptors really don't have that many contracts to match up in trades that are not part of the rotation.

Sure, if Bebe agreed to the contract with the new destination. Why not just trade his rights along with his cap hold?
Psubs
RealGM

Post#37 » by Psubs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:41 pm

bluerap23 wrote:

Exactly, Sean Marks is doing it right without 1st picks. Get Carroll and 1st pick. Get Russell for taking on Mozgov. Keep doing that. Maybe get a 1st pick from Houston for taking on Ryan Anderson in the summer. Brooklyn needs bigs.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#38 » by StopitLeo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Is Josh McRoberts able to play? I know he's been injured but he was on the active roster for the last few months before the Mavs waived him. He'd be a good pickup if he can play.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by bootsythornton » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:30 pm

Psubs wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:

Exactly, Sean Marks is doing it right without 1st picks. Get Carroll and 1st pick. Get Russell for taking on Mozgov. Keep doing that. Maybe get a 1st pick from Houston for taking on Ryan Anderson in the summer. Brooklyn needs bigs.

Those ex Spurs guys are sharks.
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#40 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 pm

When you trade someone's rights. Do their caphold count as salary for the purpose of matching salary in the trade?

Let's say you trade Powell plus Bebe's rights. Does the incoming salary have to be Powell salary plus Bebe caphold?

I am assuming the loopholes where you could use the corpse of players such as vanhorn to match salaries no longer exist.

Return to Toronto Raptors