ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#261 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 5:09 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
nabbs wrote:S H O O T I N G.

That is what we desperately need to look to add in the offseason

Ibaka for Marvin Williams & Kaminski

PF - Ibaka - 359 3pt % on 4 attempts

PF - Kaminsky 382 3pt % on 3.4 attempts
SF/PF - Marvin 403 3pt % on 3.8 attempts

Raptors shed 5mil in trade, resign FVV, start Pascal.

Jonas - Poeltl - Bebe
Pascal - Kaminsky
OG - Williams (SF/PF) - Miles
Derozan - Delon (PG/SG) - Norm
Lowry - FVV

Marvin Williams maybe, I doubt he can play SF anymore though. Also Kaminsky sucks donkey balls. I do like how Jeremy Lamb has taken a leap this season though.

Yea I can't see why Charlotte moves Kaminsky anyways. He's young and cheap and the Hornets should be looking at moving Kemba this summer and rebuilding.

I'd say look at the Magic as a potential landing spot for Powell and Kemba. Maybe some sort of multi-team deal around Batum + Kemba to Orlando, Fournier + pick and stuff to Charlotte, we send Powell to Orlando and Charlotte sends Williams to us.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#262 » by TerryTate » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:05 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

Jonas - Poeltl - Bebe
Pascal - Kaminsky
Lowry - FVV

Marvin Williams maybe, I doubt he can play SF anymore though. Also Kaminsky sucks donkey balls. I do like how Jeremy Lamb has taken a leap this season though.

Yea I can't see why Charlotte moves Kaminsky anyways. He's young and cheap and the Hornets should be looking at moving Kemba this summer and rebuilding.

I'd say look at the Magic as a potential landing spot for Powell and Kemba. Maybe some sort of multi-team deal around Batum + Kemba to Orlando, Fournier + pick and stuff to Charlotte, we send Powell to Orlando and Charlotte sends Williams to us.

We should be looking to trade Powell to a team looking for some talent.
I think Detroit would be a good option for him. We could probably squeeze them for a heavily protect first Top-16-20ish protected for 2 years. + 2nd round or expiring whom we waive.

To be fair Powell was a 2nd round pick for us. If he can net us a Top 15-20 protected pick and clear some cap space, that would be an ideal situation. Then we have the money to re-sign FVV.

Though, with his **** year, doubtful his value is that high anymore though
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#263 » by Whole Truth » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:30 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

Jonas - Poeltl - Bebe
Pascal - Kaminsky
Lowry - FVV

Cats are netting the best player in deal at both outgoing players position, could help them in their decision, to resign Walker & retain Howard to pair with Ibaka, instead of a rebuild...

Raptors shed 5mil off Ibaka's contract in his first 2 yrs & 18 in his 3rd. While getting depth & better 3pt shooting. The salary dump allows Pascal to start & Raptors to resign FVV in combination with the incoming cheaper 3 pt depth by giving up the better player in deal..
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#264 » by alpngso » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:45 pm

TerryTate wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:

I think Detroit would be a good option for him. We could probably squeeze them for a heavily protect first Top-16-20ish protected for 2 years. + 2nd round or expiring whom we waive.

To be fair Powell was a 2nd round pick for us. If he can net us a Top 15-20 protected pick and clear some cap space, that would be an ideal situation. Then we have the money to re-sign FVV.

There is no way Powell nets us top 20 pick in the draft. Gets paid too much for his talent. Not saying he’s a negative asset but he’s close to 0 value.

If we can trade him for 31-40 pick, that’s a win.
TerryTate
Analyst

Post#265 » by TerryTate » Mon Apr 9, 2018 9:16 pm

alpngso wrote:
TerryTate wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

There is no way Powell nets us top 20 pick in the draft. Gets paid too much for his talent. Not saying he’s a negative asset but he’s close to 0 value.

If we can trade him for 31-40 pick, that’s a win.

I meant top 20 protected for the other team btw.
So if it's within that range, we get nothing. If we end up getting a pick lower than 21, it's stilll a win and we clear cap sapce.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,327

Post#266 » by douggood » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 pm

TerryTate wrote:

detroit doesnt have cap space so forget them
lets look at it from a point of a view of a team with cap space
would yu rather have keep the first rounder and sign someone for $8-9 million dollars in this tight market will get you someone good or get powell for 4yr 42$

for example a team under the cap will figure can sign avery bradley/KCP/hezonia/FVV/hood + keep the first round with tier cap space instead of trading for powell and giving up assets.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#267 » by navyblue » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:10 pm

If the playoff doesnt go the way Masai wants, i would want him to be laser focused on the suns. IMO they are ripe to be exploited, all the ingredients are there for a desperate trade from them.
- star player starting to whine (booker)
- gm who is on the hot seat, and owner getting antsy to win
- have lots of young players already and looking to jump start team
- have tradeable salary matching assets to make things work, and have boat load of picks.

lowry for chandler(or dudley) + heat first rounder (currently #16) + another first rounder (bucks possibly this year or next)

raptors save 15$ million in cap space, enough to get under the luxary tax and be able to resign FVV.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#268 » by TheAlchemist » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:03 pm

navyblue wrote:If the playoff doesnt go the way Masai wants, i would want him to be laser focused on the suns. IMO they are ripe to be exploited, all the ingredients are there for a desperate trade from them.
- have tradeable salary matching assets to make things work, and have boat load of picks.

lowry for chandler(or dudley) + heat first rounder (currently #16) + another first rounder (bucks possibly this year or next)

raptors save 15$ million in cap space, enough to get under the luxary tax and be able to resign FVV.

The sun's are the worst team to trade with. They squeeze you for assets, flipping guys like the Morris brothers for late 1st.

They don't trade Fair and it's hard to make a deal with them.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#269 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:02 am

Hypothetically if GSW is shopping Draymond this summer, what our offer?
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#270 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:12 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:Hypothetically if GSW is shopping Draymond this summer, what our offer?

Trading for Green would be difficult to accomplish without severely hampering the best thing about this team - its depth. Then there would also be the high probability of bolstering GSW in the process as well.

I think if Green were coming to Torono, GSW would be looking at Val, a pick and one of our young guys... to which I would have to decline.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#271 » by Uncle Dennis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:Hypothetically if GSW is shopping Draymond this summer, what our offer?

Trading for Green would be difficult to accomplish without severely hampering the best thing about this team - its depth. Then there would also be the high probability of bolstering GSW in the process as well.

I think if Green were coming to Torono, GSW would be looking at Val, a pick and one of our young guys... to which I would have to decline.

They'd look for more, but if that was all it takes to get one of the better defenders in the league, then I'd do it in a heart beat. Don't know who wouldn't. :lol:
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#272 » by deeps6x » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

Has Green been hurt this season? He seems to have fallen off a bit on both O and D. Maybe I've watched too few GS games though. My sample size is pretty small.

What would GS want for him? Maybe JV and our next first round pick plus a kid, but the kid's salary would have to be low as JV makes about the same as Green. Yeah, I'd gladly give up JV's O for Green's D and passing ability. Sure I'd toss in a late first round pick as well. But I'd draw the line at giving up Wright or Siakam. If they want one of the other kids with low salaries like McKinnie or Richardson, then fine. Obviously OG and Poeltl would be off the table as well.

I can't see GS doing this trade for JV plus a first and a cheap salary. And we would also have to turn it down if they wanted one of OG/Poeltl/Wright/Siakam so I just don't see the Raptors as good trade partners, assuming GS even wanted to move Green in the first place.

In your hypothetical world, are they doing this to bring in LeBron to play with Steph and KD? Creating some sort of Super Duper Max team?

Edit:
Ok, I gave my head a shake. JV/Wright and a first for Green. See you in the finals the next year GS where we lose to Curry/KD/LBJ. But at least we make the finals!
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
TerryTate
Analyst

Post#273 » by TerryTate » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

Big fan of Draymond, but I'm not sure our team could deal with his "drama".
Also, I feel we would give too much up...
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#274 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:33 pm

deeps6x wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Has Green been hurt this season? He seems to have fallen off a bit on both O and D. Maybe I've watched too few GS games though. My sample size is pretty small.

What would GS want for him? Maybe JV and our next first round pick plus a kid, but the kid's salary would have to be low as JV makes about the same as Green. Yeah, I'd gladly give up JV's O for Green's D and passing ability. Sure I'd toss in a late first round pick as well. But I'd draw the line at giving up Wright or Siakam. If they want one of the other kids with low salaries like McKinnie or Richardson, then fine. Obviously OG and Poeltl would be off the table as well.

I can't see GS doing this trade for JV plus a first and a cheap salary. And we would also have to turn it down if they wanted one of OG/Poeltl/Wright/Siakam so I just don't see the Raptors as good trade partners, assuming GS even wanted to move Green in the first place.

In your hypothetical world, are they doing this to bring in LeBron to play with Steph and KD? Creating some sort of Super Duper Max team?

Edit:
Ok, I gave my head a shake. JV/Wright and a first for Green. See you in the finals the next year GS where we lose to Curry/KD/LBJ. But at least we make the finals!

My hypothetical was because KD talking about changes to his contract. Its possible he wants more money and GSW decides to sell high on Draymond (who has regressed slightly) in order to keep the core together longer.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#275 » by bootsythornton » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:18 am

Id call the Clippers and see what they say about Gallo. He might only play 60 games, but he's an all star talent.

Lets turn assets we don't use into something.

Something like Powell + JV for Gallo. Leaves room for Freddy to be resigned. 3 years. $8 per.

Powell's contract is a huge hinderance in 20/21 when all our core expires. We need max cap space for 2+ stars that summer. I want to ditch him now and just commit to this 3 year window which Gallo fits. Powell also has no fit with the team. JV can be replaced pretty easily IMO with a player like Mo Speights.

Lowry - Van Vleet - Brown
DeRozen - Wright
OG - Miles - Miller
Gallo - Siakam
Ibaka - Poeltl - Speights

Ad Speights, keep Lorenzo Brown, Malcolm Miller, and McKinnie
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#276 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 am

sportsyard wrote:Id call the Clippers and see what they say about Gallo. He might only play 60 games, but he's an all star talent.

Something like Powell + JV for Gallo. Leaves room for Freddy to be resigned. 3 years. $8 per.

Powell's contract is a huge hinderance in 20/21 when all our core expires. We need max cap space for 2+ stars that summer. I want to ditch him now and just commit to this 3 year window which Gallo fits. Powell also has no fit with the team. JV can be replaced pretty easily IMO with a player like Mo Speights.

DeRozen - Wright
OG - Miles - Miller
Gallo - Siakam

This is not a bad use of the Powell contract. But I'm not giving up JV in a deal like this. Especially for Gallo who never plays a whole season.

It would have to be Powell and Miles for Gallo if we're going to look at getting him. However the Clips take on an extra year of Powell, they already have Lou Will on a steal of a contract and will probably look to resign Bradley as well. These things likely complicate matters.

But Lowry/DeRozan/Gallo/Ibaka/Val is an interesting lineup. When Gallo is healthy, he's an all-star caliber guy. Would REALLY love to add Bradley to our bench as well but that's highly unlikely.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#277 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:50 pm

xavis wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

They'd look for more, but if that was all it takes to get one of the better defenders in the league, then I'd do it in a heart beat. Don't know who wouldn't. :lol:

I wouldn't. This is not a good trade for Toronto. The Draymond Green you see now probably isn't the one you'll be getting since he's a system player and will be taken out of that system. Not to mention he's regressed a bit this year.

Further, this core only has about 1 more year together. Why waste first round picks and a talented big like Val for that?

Long term, it isn't worth it.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#278 » by Topher » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:09 pm

TerryTate wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

Big fan of Draymond, but I'm not sure our team could deal with his "drama".
Also, I feel we would give too much up...

We have our own version in Siakam.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#279 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:51 pm

navyblue wrote:If the playoff doesnt go the way Masai wants, i would want him to be laser focused on the suns. IMO they are ripe to be exploited, all the ingredients are there for a desperate trade from them.

Can't see Masai moving Lowry for at least another year, simply due to the team's success with continuity. That being said, I like the deal and have thought for a while that Phoenix needs to start bringing in veteran winners. Don't know if they would want want who is over 30 though, but who knows?
It would be interesting to see how much worse the Raptors would be with FVV as the starting point guard and Delon as the only solid backup.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#280 » by bootsythornton » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
sportsyard wrote:Id call the Clippers and see what they say about Gallo. He might only play 60 games, but he's an all star talent.

DeRozen - Wright
OG - Miles - Miller
Gallo - Siakam

This is not a bad use of the Powell contract. But I'm not giving up JV in a deal like this. Especially for Gallo who never plays a whole season.

It would have to be Powell and Miles for Gallo if we're going to look at getting him. However the Clips take on an extra year of Powell, they already have Lou Will on a steal of a contract and will probably look to resign Bradley as well. These things likely complicate matters.

But Lowry/DeRozan/Gallo/Ibaka/Val is an interesting lineup. When Gallo is healthy, he's an all-star caliber guy. Would REALLY love to add Bradley to our bench as well but that's highly unlikely.

I agree with you on JV. I think he would automatically become the Clippers best player. To me Gallo is a dead contract on a rebuilding Clippers team. They need to tank next year. Winning anything is a loss for them in reality.

Powell is a bad asset for us, on a bad timeline with expiry. Clippers might actually hate that Gallo contract and be worried about winning enough to unload Gallo for Powell, Miles, and pocket change. Unfortunately I think that makes it impossible to resign Fred.

Return to Toronto Raptors