ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#321 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:09 pm

im not feeling Gallo. Contract too big for someone who cant stay on the court
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#322 » by bootsythornton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 am

Pipe dream with Kawhi. Rumors already circulating about him and Lebron teaming up. US radio reported yesterday their people have talked and Lebron is considering SA or LA with him.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#323 » by bootsythornton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:47 am

a lot is of this offseason could depend on Kawhi. If he goes to Boston or Philly, we might need to rethink everything. Pray he stays out west and takes Lebron with him. Of thats the case we have 2 more years to take a chance at things
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#324 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 am

sportsyard wrote:lets stay within reason, Kawhi is not coming to TO. Boston and Philly can easily trump our package.

We need to be looking at undervalued near all star talent to pair with our guards and do so without sacrificing our weapon, an elite bench.

Potential Targets of which I see only two upgrades to our team, Middleton and Gallo.

Gallinari (potential all star talent, tones of injury concerns)
Middleton (gem, would be a great 3rd star)

Others Good players that could be moved

Bazemore (underrated role player)
Marvin Williams (possible, but not a true star, just a great role player)
Otto Porter (contract makes it tough)
Trey Lyles (shown glimpses of being an impact player)
Gasol (aging quick, but high IQ)
Bogdanovich (never know what kings will do with assets)

Bucks would be foolish to move Middleton. He's producing well and on a very reasonable contract.

Marvin Williams is okay. We have limited salary to play with here without affecting our core pieces so if a deal is to be made, I'd rather use it to bring in more of an impact guy. Though if he's the best we can do, I'd pull the trigger.

Can't see the Wiz moving Porter. If things don't go well for them this series, they likely move one of Beal or Wall and they'll need Porter to absorb more of the scoring load. Plus his contract is pretty big.

Lyles isn't going anywhere. I think he's a part of Denver's future.

I like Gasol but Val has really closed the gap between them. So much so that I'm no longer convinced acquiring Gasol makes sense for us. Especially if that means we have to give up Val in the process, which is likely the case.

Gallinari wasn't mentioned. I think he could be huge on this team and is likely the best fitted talent available for the assets that we have. Lou Will and Avery Bradley would also be nice additions but are redundant with Vanvleet and Wright. Jamychal Green is another guy I really like but between Ibaka and Siakam, there isn't any minutes for him.

Lowry/DeRozan/OG/Ibaka/Val
Vanvleet/Wright/Gallo/Siakam/Poeltl
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#325 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:54 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:im not feeling Gallo. Contract too big for someone who cant stay on the court

I don't mind it if we get to give up Powell in the process. The only hard thing will be coughing up CJ Miles.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#326 » by bootsythornton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 am

Powell doesn't even play, so getting any useful asset back is a homerun. Masai can buy a 2nd round pick and get another Powell every draft it seems with his scouting team. drafting well is just so important to developing a team
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#327 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:26 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:im not feeling Gallo. Contract too big for someone who cant stay on the court

I don't mind it if we get to give up Powell in the process. The only hard thing will be coughing up CJ Miles.

I just dont think its worth it for a dude to be paid 21M to be a Bench player that averages 50 games a season and is no guarantee of even having the guy in the playoffs.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#328 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 am

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

I just dont think its worth it for a dude to be paid 21M to be a Bench player that averages 50 games a season and is no guarantee of even having the guy in the playoffs.

But we dont have Powell in the playoffs or all season either. Like I said, the only real loss here is CJ Miles.

So the question becomes - who's more valuable to a contender, all things considered: Miles or Gallo
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#329 » by bootsythornton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 am

Clips could see Powell as a bit of a breakout player. 12 months ago he was on the rise. Sadly just lost his place to a really really deep team. It also probably hurts that here in Toronto he was buried at his position
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#330 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

But we dont have Powell in the playoffs or all season either. Like I said, the only real loss here is CJ Miles.

So the question becomes - who's more valuable to a contender, all things considered: Miles or Gallo

I mean I'm fine with dumping Powell (who can play but doesn't, which is different than Gallo being hurt) and while Gallo is definitely an upgrade to Miles but in my eyes you just sacrifice too much flexibility with that contract for a not needed upgrade in production on top of which is super unreliable. I'd rather we try and sign and another shooting wing and keep Miles. Which i think would be better for us.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#331 » by CoachJReturns » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 pm

sportsyard wrote:a lot is of this offseason could depend on Kawhi. If he goes to Boston or Philly, we might need to rethink everything. Pray he stays out west and takes Lebron with him. Of thats the case we have 2 more years to take a chance at things

If a healthy Kawhi joins Philly or Boston, or him and LeBron somehow join a team in the east, I don't think we'd be entertaining any pipe dreams of winning the conference again. There wouldn't even be a point in tanking since Kawhi is not that old and Boston and Philly, especially Philly, have great young rosters that could dominate the conference for a long time. Essentially, the only option would be to just compete and be respectable, while entertaining no notions of winning a title. Kind of a high end treadmill without any other option available.
I don't expect any movement this summer for Toronto, except for trying to shed salaries of Powell and Bebe to possibly re-sign Fred. Next summer could be a different story depending on how the 2019 playoffs turn out, but for now everything should be pretty quiet.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#332 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:57 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:
sportsyard wrote:a lot is of this offseason could depend on Kawhi. If he goes to Boston or Philly, we might need to rethink everything. Pray he stays out west and takes Lebron with him. Of thats the case we have 2 more years to take a chance at things

If a healthy Kawhi joins Philly or Boston, or him and LeBron somehow join a team in the east, I don't think we'd be entertaining any pipe dreams of winning the conference again. There wouldn't even be a point in tanking since Kawhi is not that old and Boston and Philly, especially Philly, have great young rosters that could dominate the conference for a long time. Essentially, the only option would be to just compete and be respectable, while entertaining no notions of winning a title. Kind of a high end treadmill without any other option available.
I don't expect any movement this summer for Toronto, except for trying to shed salaries of Powell and Bebe to possibly re-sign Fred. Next summer could be a different story depending on how the 2019 playoffs turn out, but for now everything should be pretty quiet.

In that scenario we just go with Masais original plan and rebuild/retool in 3 years. Should provide enough of a buffer that by the team the rebuild is peaking Boston and Philly are exiting their primes. Especially considering how injury prone Embiid and Kyrie are.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#333 » by CoachJReturns » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

I wouldn't be mad about a Gallo trade. Not sure he'll be all that good when he comes back though. But his contract expires at the same time as the rest of our vets, so it fits the whole competing window.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#334 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:36 am

I am all for moving pieces for clear upgrades but Gallo isn't a upgrade especially if we are moving a 2019 first which we can't move anyway plus Jonas Valančiūnas. For my money Jonas Valančiūnas is one of the reasons we are up 2-0 right now.

People like to look at Gallo like he's his Denver self he's a often injured below average defender who I think doesn't want to be a 3rd option or lower depending on where we put Ibaka.

Noe if they want Powell plus Miles that's fine but I don't move OG, Wright, Pascal Siakam or Poeltl or any picks. Those assets are for legit all stars who can take us over the top like a Paul George or Jimmy Butler etc
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Post#335 » by bootsythornton » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:36 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I am all for moving pieces for clear upgrades but Gallo isn't a upgrade especially if we are moving a 2019 first which we can't move anyway plus Jonas Valančiūnas. For my money Jonas Valančiūnas is one of the reasons we are up 2-0 right now.

People like to look at Gallo like he's his Denver self he's a often injured below average defender who I think doesn't want to be a 3rd option or lower depending on where we put Ibaka.

Noe if they want Powell plus Miles that's fine but I don't move OG, Wright, Pascal Siakam or Poeltl or any picks. Those assets are for legit all stars who can take us over the top like a Paul George or Jimmy Butler etc

I don't think anyone here has proposed anything but Miles and Powell for Gallo.

On nights like (Game 3 against the Wizards). Gallo's potential to score 25 off the bench sure would be nice
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#336 » by Topher » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:39 am

sportsyard wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I am all for moving pieces for clear upgrades but Gallo isn't a upgrade especially if we are moving a 2019 first which we can't move anyway plus Jonas Valančiūnas. For my money Jonas Valančiūnas is one of the reasons we are up 2-0 right now.

On nights like (Game 3 against the Wizards). Gallo's potential to score 25 off the bench sure would be nice

Need to stay as far away possible from Gallo. Can’t be doing any favours for teams. But I know Masai is smarter than that.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#337 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:47 am

sportsyard wrote:

Gallo is a defensive liability sure he can drop 15-20 but he would give up 15-20+. I don't want him here as he makes too much and is often injured. The guy is vastly overrated. If we want a stretch 3/4 give me Marvin Williams at half the cost and he is a better defender
bootsythornton
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V5.0 

Post#338 » by bootsythornton » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
sportsyard wrote:

Gallo is a defensive liability sure he can drop 15-20 but he would give up 15-20+. I don't want him here as he makes too much and is often injured. The guy is vastly overrated. If we want a stretch 3/4 give me Marvin Williams at half the cost and he is a better defender
\

He's had injuries, but he's a way better player then you think. Marvin Williams is not getting this team a title. Scooping up an all star talent, well that might be worth the risk.

viewtopic.php?t=1599188
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#339 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm

I just don't like his fit here he's due to make $20+ million in the next two years and I don't think we can afford a lineup of Lowry, DeRozan, Gallo, Ibaka and Jonas Valanciaunas.

Guys like Wilson Chandler, Marvin Williams, Marvin Williams etc might not be the marquee names but they are guys championship teams love to have.

I get Gallo is a better player than Williams or Chandler but he's 1, too expensive 2, doesn't seem he can stay healthy and 3 isn't a true small forward
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#340 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I just don't like his fit here he's due to make $20+ million in the next two years and I don't think we can afford a lineup of Lowry, DeRozan, Gallo, Ibaka and Jonas Valanciaunas.

Guys like Wilson Chandler, Marvin Williams, Marvin Williams etc might not be the marquee names but they are guys championship teams love to have.

I get Gallo is a better player than Williams or Chandler but he's 1, too expensive 2, doesn't seem he can stay healthy and 3 isn't a true small forward

100% agree. Please guys stop this Gallo nonsense.

Return to Toronto Raptors