ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Raptors global ambassador, Drake, gives 1 mill away in music video

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RealGM
And1: 66,425

Re: OT: Raptors global ambassador, Drake, gives 1 mill away in music video 

Post#21 » by 720 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:56 am

joshgc wrote:I will be waiting in Jane and Finch for the next music video.

Sidenote, the pizza hut at jane and finch is the best franchised pizza place in the gta.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,814

Post#22 » by TheRealDeal » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:11 am

Charles Barkley is our new global ambassador
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#23 » by First Step » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

nitrous wrote:I'm not a huge fan of his music but he is a respectable guy and one of the few people of character in mainstream music.

You realize that Drake is connected and affiliated with organized crime in Toronto? His whole OVO Reps up crew are criminal gang bangers. Just look into Baka.
Good on him for donating, but the dude definitely has a shady side to him.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#24 » by omar36 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 am

Did it because he could write off his taxes
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,346

Post#25 » by d00lttle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 am

First Step wrote:
nitrous wrote:I'm not a huge fan of his music but he is a respectable guy and one of the few people of character in mainstream music.

You realize that Drake is connected and affiliated with organized crime in Toronto? His whole OVO Reps up crew are criminal gang bangers. Just look into Baka.

Just like Demar. #WeTheShady
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#26 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm

babystewie wrote:
Garlic Sauce wrote:why didn't he give it away to torontonians. the rent is too damn high /green

I know you were being sarcastic, but I want to highlight how amazing it was that he wanted to partner with MLSE and give away even more money to Toronto neighbourhoods. It’s sad to think that your comment will definitely be said sincerely by ignorant people. He’s done an insane amount for this city.

He's a genuinely nice guy that appears to be very respectful, unlike many others that have experienced fame to nearly the same degree.
Also, Toronto is expensive @GarlicSauce. Fact. Rent goes up, mortgage payments go down. Think about it.

dukes_wild wrote:Should have gave away 2 million

omar36 wrote:Did it because he could write off his taxes
Jef
Sixth Man
And1: 3,405

Post#27 » by Jef » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Flooding my office here. Shorting out my keyboard.

He's a good man.
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,349

Post#28 » by PerfectJab » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:37 pm

MVP- wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:Can you picture close to billionaires Jay-Z or Diddy doing this or even consider doing this out of publicity. Hell naaah!

Those two may have the respect within hip hop culture, but Drake, his ability to relate to people outside of the culture, stay relevant and just be real transcends that.

Have to give the man his respect.

Drake is the culture.

Growing up as a teenager in the 90's I would have hated his music thinking that it was too mainstream and soft for my liking. That's what it was all about back then, who was the most gangster, they all spoke and acted a certain way. I respect that drake, although heavily influenced by that music, still put out music representative of himself.

Just look at the way he talks, he doesn't act like a tough guy. It's this very reason that people like Charlamagne hated on him for no reason, because he did not fit the mold of a rapper coming out from the struggle. Given how long he has been in the game, even they can't deny his relevance and have no choice to respect him as result. He has created and become the mold which is no small feat.

The entire Canadian thing was viewed as uncool back in the days. I love how he reps Toronto and Canada when traditionally it has been viewed as uncool and even hid as a result. Maestro Fresh Wes, 'like I said before I'm an American' what the heck is that?

His culture is realness.
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#29 » by alfie123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 am

People are sheep, the man "gave away 1 million dollars" - recorded it, for a music video, so he can profiteer off his own improved image.

Do artists really even get 1 million dollar video budgets?
The man is clowning all ya'll fanboys! 6GOD LOLS
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#30 » by Yeezus_ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 am

alfie123 wrote:People are sheep, the man "gave away 1 million dollars" - recorded it, for a music video, so he can profiteer off his own improved image.

Do artists really even get 1 million dollar video budgets?
The man is clowning all ya'll fanboys! 6GOD LOLS

So what? At the end of the day its a win win situation for everyone involved. To Drake for his "image" and all those that received the funds. Also, if this inspires others to donate, then thats another positive.

Drake hate is so corny.
Yeezy SZN approaching
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#31 » by sule » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 am

d00lttle wrote:Ho Man. Where do we go from here?

Drayktrix Championship.
HighUpNorth
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,868

Post#32 » by HighUpNorth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:14 am

I like Drake, this song is god awful though.
HighUpNorth
Bench Warmer

Post#33 » by HighUpNorth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 am

First Step wrote:

I hope you understand how stupid and out of touch this whole posts makes you seem.
First Step
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by First Step » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 am

HighUpNorth wrote:
First Step wrote:

I hope you understand how stupid and out of touch this whole posts makes you seem.

It's not uncommon for the mob to do charitable work. If you don't think that Drake is connected to the mob, then you are the one who is out of touch my stoned friend.
HighUpNorth
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by HighUpNorth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 am

First Step wrote:
HighUpNorth wrote:
First Step wrote:You realize that Drake is connected and affiliated with organized crime in Toronto? His whole OVO Reps up crew are criminal gang bangers. Just look into Baka.

It's not uncommon for the mob to do charitable work. If you don't think that Drake is connected to the mob, then you are the one who is out of touch my stoned friend.

Jesus....
First Step
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by First Step » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:27 am

HighUpNorth wrote:
First Step wrote:
HighUpNorth wrote:I hope you understand how stupid and out of touch this whole posts makes you seem.

Jesus....

You know P. Reign and his brother are serious gangbangers right? They are part of the Galloway Boys in Toronto, who are a very violent and dangerous gang. This is a FACT.

Do you know what happened to Mo-G after he was talking **** about Drake on instagram? Check your privilege or come with facts in an argument.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#37 » by vaff87 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 am

#TeamMeekMill
HighUpNorth
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by HighUpNorth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 am

First Step wrote:
HighUpNorth wrote:
First Step wrote:It's not uncommon for the mob to do charitable work. If you don't think that Drake is connected to the mob, then you are the one who is out of touch my stoned friend.

Jesus....

You know P. Reign and his brother are serious gangbangers right? They are part of the Galloway Boys in Toronto, who are a very violent and dangerous gang. This is a FACT.

Do you know what happened to Mo-G after he was talking **** about Drake on instagram? Check your privilege or come with facts in an argument.

The fact that you think any "dangerous gangs" exist in Toronto is telling...

LOL
vaff87
RealGM

Post#39 » by vaff87 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 am

HighUpNorth wrote:
First Step wrote:
HighUpNorth wrote:Jesus....

LOL

The fact that you don’t is telling. There are dangerous gangs everywhere. For example, there are hell’s angels all across the country.
vaff87
RealGM

Post#40 » by vaff87 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 am

HighUpNorth wrote:
First Step wrote:
HighUpNorth wrote:Jesus....

LOL

Oh, and how about this guy. Remember him?

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/toronto-raptors-fan-murdered-heckling-referee-ejected-game-4-cleveland-cavaliers-060816

Return to Toronto Raptors