ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Raptors global ambassador, Drake, gives 1 mill away in music video

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Re: OT: Raptors global ambassador, Drake, gives 1 mill away in music video 

Post#61 » by MavCarter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:56 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:McDonalds puts smiles on childrens faces too, that doesn't mean they aren't selling poison ;)

"who cares about his intentions! He made people smile" LOLS

You seem real salty. He should have took the label budget and hired ig thots to twerk on him in a club. Screw the people he helped, at least it would be more genuine in your eyes!

You are all missing the point.

The man is playing all of you fanboys lol

Tell me again about how he's the best rapper alive!

Life is good when you have time to sit around and complain about someone helping people that need it,regardless of intentions. His intentions dont change the fact that he actually helped these people
#Enjoytheride
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#62 » by alfie123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:00 pm

MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
You seem real salty. He should have took the label budget and hired ig thots to twerk on him in a club. Screw the people he helped, at least it would be more genuine in your eyes!

Life is good when you have time to sit around and complain about someone helping people that need it,regardless of intentions. His intentions dont change the fact that he actually helped these people

I'm telling you his intentions are to have people buy his music and sell-out his concerts.
He doesn't give a hot damn about poor people.

It's really quite saddening that poor exploitation is something we're celebrating here.
Why not start exploiting races, or LGBTs next.
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#63 » by MavCarter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:

I'm telling you his intentions are to have people buy his music and sell-out his concerts.

It's really quite saddening that poor exploitation is something we're celebrating here.

LOL yes drake needs help selling music and tickets.This song alone broke streaming records worldwide and was the #1 song on billbord before the video was even shot
#Enjoytheride
alfie123
Starter

Post#64 » by alfie123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm

MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

LOL yes drake needs help selling music and tickets.This song alone broke streaming records worldwide and was the #1 song on billbord before the video was even shot

You need an education my friend.
Coca Cola outspends all of their competitors to retain market-share.

However, I wouldn't expect plebs to understand marketing.

#6God! #OMGHEMENTIONEDTORONTO!
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#65 » by MavCarter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:06 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:

Drake literally hasnt released a music video since 2015 and is much bigger in 2018 than he was then LOL
#Enjoytheride
alfie123
Starter

Post#66 » by alfie123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:08 pm

MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Drake literally hasnt released a music video since 2015 and is much bigger in 2018 than he was then LOL

This post is literally nonsensical.
He's done **** like give money to the homeless, pretend to donate for Toronto Basketball, nut-hugs anybody who is famous. Has released mix-tapes, etc.

If you cannot see how he's only after money and building his own brand, you need a vision check lol
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#67 » by MavCarter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:11 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:

He's done **** like give money to the homeless, pretend to donate for Toronto Basketball, nut-hugs anybody who is famous. Has released mix-tapes, etc.

If you cannot see how he's only after money and building his own brand, you need a vision check lol

Donate to the homeless? Drop mixtapes? LMFAO what a pathetic response
#Enjoytheride
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,648

Post#68 » by sbsat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:25 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:

Everything you have said here makes no sense. What do you want him to do?

You understand he has to make money to donate money, so if everything he does is self-serving and a part of his increased wealth as a result of this self-serving goes to the needy, whats the issue? Who is he hurting?

You seem like a person who complains for the sake of it. Must suck to live life that way :lol:
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#69 » by Skeezo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Dude charges $75 for a plain white T-shirt with a little owl on it... Just remember he's robbing people before giving a small percentage back. #SmokeandMirrors #MyTwoCents
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#70 » by ruckus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Skeezo wrote:Dude charges $75 for a plain white T-shirt with a little owl on it... Just remember he's robbing people before giving a small percentage back. #SmokeandMirrors #MyTwoCents

He's not forcing anyone to buy it. If you choose to spend $75 on a t-shirt, that says more about you than Drake.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#71 » by gpoon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:50 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:McDonalds puts smiles on childrens faces too, that doesn't mean they aren't selling poison ;)

LMAO Mcdonalds really? you are comparing SELLING burgers to charitable donations? If Mcdonalds went to the ghetto and gave away free burgers to everyone i would salute that too :wink: . and when did I ever talk about Drake as a rapper, I was stating the point that he helped people out...

lool I am totally being trolled right now no way someone is really that ignorant.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,755

Post#72 » by Badonkadonk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:28 pm

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Nah man, it's you who missed the point ... completely.

There are hundreds of ways to spend your own money and it's easy to not be philanthropic in that pursuit.

He decided to give some money away. You seem to take issue with that reflecting well on him - so what if it does? The act itself was still beneficial to others.

You're playing yourself.
alfie123
Starter

Post#73 » by alfie123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Skeezo wrote:Dude charges $75 for a plain white T-shirt with a little owl on it... Just remember he's robbing people before giving a small percentage back. #SmokeandMirrors #MyTwoCents

YES SKEEZO! You a real one!
Train the sheep here they need lessons!
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
HighUpNorth
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,868

Post#74 » by HighUpNorth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 pm

The Drake hate is mad corny at this point.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,755

Post#75 » by Badonkadonk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

That's an argument against consumerism in general. Why do people pay a premium on headphones to have Dre slap his name on something that is technologically equal to other alternatives?

You gonna hate on Drake for participating in capitalism? Seriously? It's not robbery if fools are willingly forking over their hard earned money for it.

You hate the player so much, you're blaming him for the game.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#76 » by deeps6x » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

dukes_wild wrote:Should have gave away 2 million

Maybe he'll give away the next million in Canada. 1.25M Cdn.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#77 » by jimmy keys » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 pm

alfie123 wrote:People are sheep, the man "gave away 1 million dollars" - recorded it, for a music video, so he can profiteer off his own improved image.

Do artists really even get 1 million dollar video budgets?
The man is clowning all ya'll fanboys! 6GOD LOLS

Be that as it may it's still $1 million donate to people who need it. It's transparent that it's a mutually beneficial endeavour. All charitable work is mutually beneficial to both parties. Keep thinking you're smarter than everyone though :D .

And no there aren't $1 million videos anymore, this isn't 1999.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,773

Post#78 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:03 am

alfie123 wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
alfie123 wrote:

Lol. Yeah all those poor people the shared the music video budget instead of the film crew really feel exploited I'm sure. :roll:

When was the last time you donated anything? Or do you not give money so you don't exploit the poor.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#79 » by Skeezo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 am

Badonkadonk wrote:

That's an argument against consumerism in general. Why do people pay a premium on headphones to have Dre slap his name on something that is technologically equal to other alternatives?

You gonna hate on Drake for participating in capitalism? Seriously? It's not robbery if fools are willingly forking over their hard earned money for it.

You hate the player so much, you're blaming him for the game.

I'm not hating anybody... I'm informing people on behaviours I don't approve of from the game, the players, and those who are get played by players of the game. I don't hate a man, but I certainly don't give a dude props for his "generosity."

Also, you can keep defending a game that is rigged, I won't... No, I'm not a communist, nor a libertarian, fascist, or anarchist; I'm a critic of crony capitalism and the greed it facilitates.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#80 » by ThatClockWork » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 am

literally don't give a crap. Good for Drake.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.

Return to Toronto Raptors