ImageImageImageImageImage

[Lewenberg] Raptors Eyeing Arron Afflalo

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vado
Analyst
And1: 2,172

Re: [Lewenberg] Raptors Eyeing Arron Afflalo 

Post#121 » by vado » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm

I'd rather our young guys get some experience. They helped bring us this far.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Re: [Lewenberg] Keep An Eye On Arron Afflalo As A Buyout Candidate 

Post#122 » by Throwback24 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm

C_Money wrote:His defence has apparently fallen off a cliff compared to what it used to be.

DD looks better on D.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,145

Post#123 » by The Duke » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Will provide us nothing in the playoffs, and the best case scenario is that he sees no playing time.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#124 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Throwback24 wrote:
C_Money wrote:His defence has apparently fallen off a cliff compared to what it used to be.

DD looks better on D.

Demar has actually turned into a GREAT defender this season
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Smitson
Starter
And1: 2,945

Post#125 » by Smitson » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:56 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
gpoon wrote:didn't people want him over Derozan a few years back?
:lol: afflalo, tony allan, Henderson, turner, batum hahahaha bro it was a long list.. Never take these haters seriously :lol:

Lance, Danny Green, and Ellis were among the others this board clamoured for over Demar. I remember when I first joined this site, the usual suspects were all aboard the Nic Batum train :lol:.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#126 » by Asif16 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 pm

vado wrote:I'd rather our young guys get some experience. They helped bring us this far.

God I **** hate comments like this. Its called picking up DEPTH. Every contender in the league does it!

Houston picked up Joe Johnson and Wright the other day. Boston picked up Monroe. The Warriors and Cavs will most likely sign another player as well.

There's no guarantee these players will come in and get clear cut minutes and just steal someones spot from the team. ITS FOR DEPTH PURPOSES. LET ME REPEAT. DEPTH PURPOSES.

For a team thats already so young, its good to have another veteran on the end of the bench, even if he doesnt get minutes. You also wants players to come in and perform in case of injuries or players not playing well.

Why are we having a debate over a vet min contract???? Its basektball 101. Cmon people
peralta
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#127 » by peralta » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 pm

all i'm gon say is i trust Masai....he made a lot of raptors board poster "apologizing to casey threads" lol
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#128 » by jonny three time » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm

I'm not interested in any buyout player who's under 6'7. We need someone with true SF size who can maybe play some small 4. That's why Deng is my preferred target out of the possibilities. I know people will say they owe him too much money, but that's a wealthy team that wants to open up as much cap space as possible.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#129 » by ruckus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Not a fan of bringing aboard Afflalo. He was at the bottom of my list of potential buyout candidates.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#130 » by Topher » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:

DD looks better on D.

He’s basically MJ, Pippen and Rodman all in one.
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#131 » by dukes_wild » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Topher wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:
DD looks better on D.

It's funny, I saw this post and when I saw the "DeMar has actually turned into a GREAT defender" post, before I even checked who you were quoting I knew it was Basketball_Jones

His troll game is on point though. I know he's trolling, some others do as well but I see people fall for his bait so many times
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Post#132 » by soloxylo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Asif16 wrote:
vado wrote:I'd rather our young guys get some experience. They helped bring us this far.

God I **** hate comments like this. Its called picking up DEPTH. Every contender in the league does it!

Houston picked up Joe Johnson and Wright the other day. Boston picked up Monroe. The Warriors and Cavs will most likely sign another player as well.

There's no guarantee these players will come in and get clear cut minutes and just steal someones spot from the team. ITS FOR DEPTH PURPOSES. LET ME REPEAT. DEPTH PURPOSES.

For a team thats already so young, its good to have another veteran on the end of the bench, even if he doesnt get minutes. You also wants players to come in and perform in case of injuries or players not playing well.

Why are we having a debate over a vet min contract???? Its basektball 101. Cmon people

I was literally going to make this point. I don’t think people understand that buyout candidates aren’t supposed to move the needle. They’re nothing but insurance policies for teams in serious playoff contention. So far, none of the players already bought out (Belinelli, Johnson, Monroe) will be difference makers to the top end of their respective rosters. They’ll be nothing but situational players pending on the ebb & flow of a series. You load up your artillery as much as you can when preparing to go to war, better to be safe than sorry.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#133 » by Topher » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:35 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
Topher wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:

It's funny, I saw this post and when I saw the "DeMar has actually turned into a GREAT defender" post, before I even checked who you were quoting I knew it was Basketball_Jones

His troll game is on point though. I know he's trolling, some others do as well but I see people fall for his bait so many times

Oh was he trolling? I was being serious ;)
tdot56
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#134 » by tdot56 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Better be a smokescreen for someone who can really help...
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#135 » by Throwback24 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
Topher wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:

What offends me the most is I birthed his entire style. He should be paying homage to the god when he quotes me, not throwing that **** in my face.

I can't even right now.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
HOOOMAN
Starter
And1: 3,186

Post#136 » by HOOOMAN » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:19 pm

phanman wrote:
HOOOMAN wrote:
phanman wrote:Afflalo has been terrible the past few seasons, I'd rather give the sporadic Norm the spot minutes of required. We are set on the perimeter because there isn't a LeBron stopper sitting in free agency or about to get bought out.

If anything throw Delon on Bron for a different look. He at least had his 6'5 frame, defensive IQ, and athleticism to make some type of impact if OG struggles. We've seen Norm grossly mismatched already.

da ****?

Siakam would be on Lebron when OG is on the bench

Well yah, I just used Delon as an example since he has the same 6'5 frame as Afflalo.

Oh I see. Can't believe anybody would see Afflalo having any impact against Lebron, on either side of the floor
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#137 » by StopitLeo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Is this even a rumour? Lewenberg seems to just be speculating based on possible buyout candidates and the fact they have some history with Masai.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Re: RE: Re: [Lewenberg] Keep An Eye On Arron Afflalo As A Buyout Candidate 

Post#138 » by VinBaker6 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Throwback24 wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
Topher wrote:

What offends me the most is I birthed his entire style. He should be paying homage to the god when he quotes me, not throwing that **** in my face.

I can't even right now.

Pawn shop Throwback24

S/O to TZ!
kasrahimi
Senior
And1: 713

Post#139 » by kasrahimi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:02 pm

sorry guys not sure how to paste a tweet properly:

@WolstatSun
36m36 minutes ago
More Ryan Wolstat Retweeted Shams Charania
A young SG. Bye bye Afflalo time?Ryan Wolstat added,
Shams Charania
Verified account

@ShamsCharania
Free agent Rashad Vaughn is signing a 10-day contract with the Orlando Magic, league sources tell Yahoo.
Translate from Haitian Creole
1 reply 3 retweets 6 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 3 Like 6
Lurking since '05
So_Fresh
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,450

Post#140 » by So_Fresh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm

37% 3PT shooter this year. We need a winger who can score, and he fits the bill.

Return to Toronto Raptors