ImageImageImageImageImage

Why we should be rooting for Detroit

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Re: Why we should be rooting for Detroit 

Post#81 » by verysalt » Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:25 pm

TRex520 wrote:I think Pacers are the easiest among Heats, Pistons, Pacers, Sixers and Bucks.

Yep, Pacers suppose to be a lottery team, some around 25-30th in the league. There must a mistake in the system claiming their wins vs Cavs 3-1 and Bucks 3-1
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#82 » by Joker » Wed Mar 7, 2018 4:53 pm

Beating Philly in the first round would be a statement. I'd take that over beating some hapless first round team that nobody is paying any attention to.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#83 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:22 pm

Joker wrote:Beating Philly in the first round would be a statement. I'd take that over beating some hapless first round team that nobody is paying any attention to.

I’ve never heard of a 1/2 seed making a huge statement by beating a 7/8 seed. Just sayin.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,785
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#84 » by Boogie! » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:24 pm

RaptorsFTL wrote:It shouldn't matter who we face at 8. If we're a legitimate threat for anything, we should win the first round in 5 maybe 6 games.

by the same token, this is also why i don't care which round we face the cavs in. if we're actually good enough, we beat them anywhere.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#85 » by Joker » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:25 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Joker wrote:Beating Philly in the first round would be a statement. I'd take that over beating some hapless first round team that nobody is paying any attention to.

I’ve never heard of a 1/2 seed making a huge statement by beating a 7/8 seed. Just sayin.

I think us beating philly --- convincingly --- would be somewhat of a statement.
The_Hater

Post#86 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:34 pm

Joker wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I think us beating philly --- convincingly --- would be somewhat of a statement.

I think Philly is quite good, but considering that their entire core has zero combined playoff games I don’t think it will be considered impressive. Everyone would just focus on their playoff inexperience.

At this stage, nothing short of beating the Cavs or winning the east will be considered a statement in both the media and the court of public opinion.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#87 » by CrookedJ » Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:12 pm

Philly is way better than their record and everyone knows it. It would be impressive, and it would be a terrible matchup for the #1.

With Embiid playing:
32-20 ( .615)

Without Embiid playing:
3-8

If he plays the whole season at that pace they would currently have 39 wins, and would be two games up on Cleveland for the 3 seed.
The_Hater

Post#88 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:19 pm

CrookedJ wrote:Philly is way better than their record and everyone knows it. It would be impressive, and it would be a terrible matchup for the #1.

With Embiid playing:
32-20 ( .615)

Without Embiid playing:
3-8

If he plays the whole season at that pace they would currently have 39 wins, and would be two games up on Cleveland for the 3 seed.

Plus they have had a huge schedule imbalance having currently played the leagues most difficult schedule. They have the leagues easiest schedule to finish the season.

And they’ve added two sharpshooters since the deadline helping improve their biggest weakness

I don’t think a lot of people realize how incredibly dangerous this team is and that’s the main reason that I don’t think most people will be all that impressed if the Raps beat them. People will just look at their record and their playoff inexperience and assume that the Raps are supposed to kill them.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#89 » by CrookedJ » Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:32 pm

The_Hater wrote:
CrookedJ wrote:Philly is way better than their record and everyone knows it. It would be impressive, and it would be a terrible matchup for the #1.

With Embiid playing:
32-20 ( .615)

Without Embiid playing:
3-8

Plus they have had a huge schedule imbalance having currently played the leagues most difficult schedule. They have the leagues easiest schedule to finish the season.

And they’ve added two sharpshooters since the deadline helping improve their biggest weakness

I don’t think a lot of people realize how incredibly dangerous this team is and that’s the main reason that I don’t think most people will be all that impressed if the Raps beat them. People will just look at their record and their playoff inexperience and assume that the Raps are supposed to kill them.

Well for those reasons, we would hope that they end up into the 5 or 6 seed. Quite attainable really. Even 3 is well within reach.

Return to Toronto Raptors