ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Offseason Training (UPDATE: Lowry Workout Footage Pg23)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Re: Raptors Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage Pg.3) 

Post#61 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:45 am

Mack11 wrote:any word on what bebe is working on

a contract with the Shanghai Sharks
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
G.A. Clone
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,062

Post#62 » by G.A. Clone » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 am

Adding more tattoos to his face.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#63 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:58 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:

a contract with the Shanghai Sharks

Training with some MMA guys and getting in some on court work. No actual video

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,742

Re: Raptors Offseason Training Thread 

Post#64 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:11 am

nabbs wrote:

Counter to people cutting off his right dribble move, I like it.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#65 » by Mack11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 am

heard bebe is working on his arm strength so he can pick up opponents off the ground faster and more efficiently
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#66 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 am

Damn I really want to see what Demar and Jak are doing.....

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#67 » by dalton749 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:58 am

I like that Pascal is really focusing on his guard skills. At that size with his first step he can be an extremely valuable player for us. Having a third ball handler out there that should be able to guard pretty much anyone on the floor except big centres is basically a unicorn.

Kid needs to get a bigger role next year to really see what we have there.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#68 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 am

nabbs wrote:Damn I really want to see what Demar and Jak are doing.....

Hopefully the first one is packing.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#69 » by Volcano » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 am

IbakasD wrote:Lmfao this fanbase never learns. One footage of him making 5 mid range shots in a practice setting, where the video is edited is hillarious. Last year he had 34 points in the CIA Bounce OVO tournament and had 6 3's. This season he was one of the worst shooters in the NBA. These workout videos mean crap, drew league means crap, open runs mean crap. This fanbase never learns man, it's hillarious. Pascal siakam will never be a consistent shooter, his form is terrible, and his shooting touch is terrible. It's not something you learn at 23 years old anymore.

There have been plenty of players who have added a jumper or improved their consistency or extended their range past the age of 23 and plenty of good shooters with bad forms.

The problem is that those slow, baby step moves aren't going to get him any space or separation in the NBA.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#70 » by bboyskinnylegs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 am

he's added 10-15lbs of postgame hugs
IbakasD
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,064

Post#71 » by IbakasD » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
IbakasD wrote:Lmfao this fanbase never learns. One footage of him making 5 mid range shots in a practice setting, where the video is edited is hillarious. Last year he had 34 points in the CIA Bounce OVO tournament and had 6 3's. This season he was one of the worst shooters in the NBA. These workout videos mean crap, drew league means crap, open runs mean crap. This fanbase never learns man, it's hillarious. Pascal siakam will never be a consistent shooter, his form is terrible, and his shooting touch is terrible. It's not something you learn at 23 years old anymore.

Your posts make me cringe.

Siakams entire 3 point history is SSS, but he shot 35% on 3’s after the all star break and was 3/4 in the post season.

Saying a 2nd year player will never be a 3 point threat when JV hit his first theee this year and **** them at 40%, or Ibaka who couldn’t shoot to save his life at Siakams age is just ignorant.

Be better tomorrow

Lmfao yeah JV and Ibaka were always solid 15 foot shooters, right when they entered the league. Try again. They always had a resemblance of a jump
Shot, they just expanded their range. When was the last time you seen siakam hit a pick and pop shot??? Hahaha please inform me. 35% after the all star break on how many threes buddy? What was his 3 point percentage the entire year, that's what matters? And my goodness he made 3/4 threes in the playoffs he made 3 three pointers!!!!! What an incredible shooter. Be better today. Your counter posts make me cringe, please be better today.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#72 » by lebron stopper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 am

IbakasD wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Siakams entire 3 point history is SSS, but he shot 35% on 3’s after the all star break and was 3/4 in the post season.

Saying a 2nd year player will never be a 3 point threat when JV hit his first theee this year and **** them at 40%, or Ibaka who couldn’t shoot to save his life at Siakams age is just ignorant.

Be better tomorrow

Lmfao yeah JV and Ibaka were always solid 15 foot shooters,

The only thing our $65 million man Ibaka is ever only consistently good at tbh. Spotting up for 15 footers.
IbakasD
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,064

Post#73 » by IbakasD » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 am

lebron stopper wrote:
IbakasD wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Be better tomorrow

Lmfao yeah JV and Ibaka were always solid 15 foot shooters,

The only thing our $65 million man Ibaka is ever only consistently good at tbh. Spotting up for 15 footers.

He's always been a consistent mid range shooter ever since he came into the league as a rookie. I'm just trying to expose yogurt kid's lies saying he was never a good shooter, and saying he couldn't shoot to save his life. Like who makes up lies like these?
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#74 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

a mickey of Hennessey
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Re: Raptors Offseason Training Thread 

Post#75 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:37 am

Duffman100 wrote:
nabbs wrote:

Counter to people cutting off his right dribble move, I like it.

i mean, he's putting in the work and i dig it. but man, that jumper scared the dickens outta me.
looks like the ball's just rattling around his hands
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#76 » by ontnut » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Sees really negative comment.
Looks at username.
Checks out.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#77 » by ontnut » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:35 pm

His resume.
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#78 » by jeffya2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Working out with Calderon
Learning the "Gatorade shuffle"
:lol:
Harold_and_Kumar
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,656

Post#79 » by Harold_and_Kumar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:26 pm

While I do think there's a lot of merit to what you said - especially as it pertains to highlight videos - it is also a very pessimistic view of his future. He's newer to the game of basketball so it's possible we see a different development track for Pascal than other players. I think he's shown that already to some degree. Furthermore, players do improve their shooting over time. Obviously he will never become Steph, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he becomes league average or good enough to keep people honest at the SF/PF position.

Regardless, discussing his shooting is burying the lead - Pascal does about ten other things that make him valuable regardless of whether he becomes a shooter or not. Draymond was awful from three this year and still had a major impact on winning. As do/did guys like Kirilenko/Marion/etc that Pascal has a similar skillset to.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#80 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:50 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:

Be better tomorrow

Agreed. I'm finally going to put someone on ignore.

Return to Toronto Raptors