ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Offseason Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

twoheadedboy
Junior
And1: 635

Re: 2018 Offseason Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V1.0 

Post#1301 » by twoheadedboy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Psubs wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:My APPEASE KAWHI proposal. Please note that this isn't necessarily what I think the Raptors should do; just some deals I drew up for fun with the idea of trying to make Kawhi as happy/comfortable as possible.

- - - - - -

TRADE 1: TOR-MIN-PHX
RAPTORS recieve J.Butler, G.Dieng
WOLVES recieve K. Lowry, T.Chandler, PHX FRP, TOR SRP
SUNS recieve J.Teague

Raptors swap Butler for Lowry, but trade away a pick and eat Dieng's contract.
Wolves stay competetive with Lowry, get rid of Teague and Dieng's deals, and get two future picks for Butler. Chandler is a solid veteran backup C and expires next summer.
Suns get a starting calibre PG to make a playoff push by trading away an expiring Chandler and a protected FRP.

This deal is assuming Butler is unhappy and Thibs, like Pop, doesn't want to go through a rebuild. If DD+Yak+FRP is the price for Kawhi, then Lowry and two picks should be reasonable for an expiring Butler if Minny is able to dump Dieng and Teague as well.

- - - - - -

TRADE 2: TOR-MIL
RAPTORS recieve T.Snell, E.Bledsoe
BUCKS recieve Serge Ibaka

Raptors dump Ibaka, get Kawhi's childhood friend (Snell), and an expiring Bledsoe to fill their hole at PG.
Bucks get out of Snells deal and aquire Ibaka who provides more shooting for them.

Ibaka is a negative asset, so a realistic trade is to deal him for other negative assts. Bucks don't want Snell or Bledsoe anymore, and Serge is a better fit for them while coming off the books a year earlier than Snell.

- - - - - -

TRADE 3: TOR-ORL
RAPTORS recieve J.Simmons, K.Birch
MAGIC recieve F.VanVleet

Raptors get one of Kawhi's best friends and add some nice forward depth, and a backup C.
Magic get a young PG with good leadership and a fair contract.

I know most people have Delon+Norm going in this trade, but I don't think Orlando would do that deal, tbh. Here, instead of having to worry about paying/negotiating with Delon next summer, the Magic get Fred - who is younger - for two seasons.

- - - - - -

RAPTORS DEPTH CHART
Bledsoe / Wright / Brown
Butler / Green / Snell
Leonard / Simmons / Norm
OG / Siakam / Miles
JV / Dieng / Birch

Raptors keep their young core mostly intact and have Bledsoe, Butler, Kawhi, and Green coming off the books next summer.

Suns trade Chandler and 1st pick for Teague? Yikes, maybe for a 2nd pick.

The pick would definitely have a good amount of protection. I think Teague is still a starting caliber PG and would look a lot better next to Booker than he did with Wiggins. Chandler is a nice expiring and a solid veteran to have, but with the Suns getting Holmes I figured he was expendable if the Suns finally get a starting PG in the process.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#1302 » by WeTheNorth123 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

The reason i want Butler for Lowry so badly is because i feel like have 2 solid young PGs ready to take the next step (Wright/Van Vleet)
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1303 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Psubs wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:Why are you people so strangely high on Tobias Harris?

He helps teams win more than Blake Griffin. Wouldn't trade OG for him expiring. Even if he signed an extension.

Like dont get me wrong hes a decent starter, but people are putting way too much stock in him. Og for Harris? We wouldnt even trade OG for Kawhi Leonard lol
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#1304 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:32 pm

We need Butler
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#1305 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Lowry and Anunoby to MIN for Butler and Teague; Flip Teague to Pheonix for Warren.

Raptors:

Wright/VanVleet/Brown
Butler/Powell/Loyd
Leonard/Miles/Richardson
Siakam/Warren/Boucher
Valanciunas/Ibaka/Vonleh(?)

Wolves:

Lowry/Jones/Rose
Wiggins/Okogie/Terrell
Anunoby/Bates-Diop/Brown
Gibson/Dieng/Jefferson
Towns/Patton

Suns:

Teague/Knight/Okobo/Harrison
Booker/Reed/Daniels
Jackson/Bridges/King
Ariza/Chriss/Bender
Ayton/Holmes

?
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#1306 » by StopitLeo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Lowry and Anunoby to MIN for Butler and Teague; Flip Teague to Pheonix for Warren.

Raptors:

Wright/VanVleet/Brown
Butler/Powell/Loyd
Leonard/Miles/Richardson
Siakam/Warren/Boucher

Wolves:

Lowry/Jones/Rose
Wiggins/Okogie/Terrell
Anunoby/Bates-Diop/Brown
Gibson/Dieng/Jefferson
Towns/Patton

Suns:

Booker/Reed/Daniels
Jackson/Bridges/King
Ariza/Chriss/Bender
Ayton/Holmes

?

I'd argue that Lowry and OG is more than we gave up for Kawhi.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant

Post#1307 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:21 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Lowry and Anunoby to MIN for Butler and Teague; Flip Teague to Pheonix for Warren.

Raptors:

Wright/VanVleet/Brown
Butler/Powell/Loyd
Leonard/Miles/Richardson
Siakam/Warren/Boucher

Wolves:

Lowry/Jones/Rose
Wiggins/Okogie/Terrell
Anunoby/Bates-Diop/Brown
Gibson/Dieng/Jefferson
Towns/Patton

Suns:

Booker/Reed/Daniels
Jackson/Bridges/King
Ariza/Chriss/Bender
Ayton/Holmes

?

You'd be right. I actually think the Twovles wouldn't really want Lowry if they traded Butler. Doesn't fit the age of their core players.

He would probably prefer Dwright over Lowry. And would see OG as a young Butler.

If we can start Lowry, Butler, Kawhi, Ibaka and Pascal? We are the best defensive team in the NBA by a mile. You aren't going to outscore the Warriors.

You get a bunch of great defence players, put them on a team with a great offensive coach, some magic could happen.

OG, Dwright, DGreen, Powell are all kinda Tibbs players and play the same position they would be trading. We can make this happen
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#1308 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:21 pm

twoheadedboy wrote:My APPEASE KAWHI proposal. Please note that this isn't necessarily what I think the Raptors should do; just some deals I drew up for fun with the idea of trying to make Kawhi as happy/comfortable as possible.

SUNS recieve J.Teague

Wolves stay competetive with Lowry, get rid of Teague and Dieng's deals, and get two future picks for Butler. Chandler is a solid veteran backup C and expires next summer.
Suns get a starting calibre PG to make a playoff push by trading away an expiring Chandler and a protected FRP.

This deal is assuming Butler is unhappy and Thibs, like Pop, doesn't want to go through a rebuild. If DD+Yak+FRP is the price for Kawhi, then Lowry and two picks should be reasonable for an expiring Butler if Minny is able to dump Dieng and Teague as well.

This is a variation of the deal I made in another thread except I had Teague going to Magic for Simmons & 13m cap space.

In your deal the Suns are giving up Chandler's expiring, picks & they also absorb an additional 6m in trade.

Instead of the picks I think they're amendable to trading their PF prospect Chriss. Rumors round the draft

A package of (Lowry, MIles, Chriss) should make sense & have value for Minnesota assuming the reports I read are correct. As someone later pointed out Lowry & OG is arguably a better offer than Derozan & Poeltl. Kawhi has more value.

Raptors trade (Lowry, MIles) 40m for (Butler, Chandler) 33m

Minnesota trade (Butler, Teague) 39m for (Lowry, Miles, Chriss) 42m

Suns trade (Chandler, Chriss) 15m for (Teague) 19m

Raptors save roughly 6-7m In landing Butler & Chandler's expiring.

Minnesota get 2yrs of Lowry his 40% 3pt shooting, 3pt wing depth in Miles who they went after in FA & a young stretch PF prospect in Chriss to give them a future asset.

Suns clear their front court log jam for a starting PG.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1309 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:27 pm

StopitLeo wrote:

Raptors:

Wright/VanVleet/Brown
Butler/Powell/Loyd
Leonard/Miles/Richardson
Siakam/Warren/Boucher

Wolves:

Lowry/Jones/Rose
Wiggins/Okogie/Terrell
Anunoby/Bates-Diop/Brown
Gibson/Dieng/Jefferson
Towns/Patton

Suns:

Booker/Reed/Daniels
Jackson/Bridges/King
Ariza/Chriss/Bender
Ayton/Holmes

?

Agree - Lowry, Miles, M.Chriss

Suns trade (Chandler & Chriss) for (Teague)

Raptors take Chandler to backup Jonas & Minnesota get the prospect PF to give them a future asset while upgrading their PG situation along with an additional year of Lowry to Butler opting out. Miles is wing depth they chased in FA last year.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant

Post#1310 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Twolves have Teague, Drose and Tyrus Jones who they like.

They have no wings other than Wiggins and Butler. If they trade Butler they'd want multiple wings probably, which we can give them. Probably would want someone to take Dieng contract as well.

We go all in JV, DGreen, OG, Powell, Dwright, future 1st for Butler, Dieng

Twovles

JV/Patton
Towns/Gibson
OG/Dgreen
Wiggins/Dwright/Powell
Teague/Drose/TJones

Raptors

Ibaka/Dieng
Pascal/Kawhi
Kawhi/Miles
Butler/FVV
Lowry/FVV/Lbrown

That makes us one of the best defensive teams of all time.
twoheadedboy
Junior
And1: 635

Post#1311 » by twoheadedboy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Whole Truth wrote:

SUNS recieve J.Teague

This is a variation of the deal I made in another thread except I had Teague going to Magic for Simmons & 13m cap space.

In your deal the Suns are giving up Chandler's expiring, picks & they also absorb an additional 6m in trade.

Instead of the picks I think they're amendable to trading their PF prospect Chriss. Rumors round the draft

A package of (Lowry, MIles, Chriss) should make sense & have value for Minnesota assuming the reports I read are correct. As someone later pointed out Lowry & OG is arguably a better offer than Derozan & Poeltl. Kawhi has more value.

Raptors trade (Lowry, MIles) 40m for (Butler, Chandler) 33m

Minnesota trade (Butler, Teague) 39m for (Lowry, Miles, Chriss) 42m

Suns trade (Chandler, Chriss) 15m for (Teague) 19m

Raptors save roughly 6-7m In landing Butler & Chandler's expiring.

Minnesota get 2yrs of Lowry his 40% 3pt shooting, 3pt wing depth in Miles who they went after in FA & a young stretch PF prospect in Chriss to give them a future asset.

Suns clear their front court log jam for a starting PG.

Thank you for your input! I can definitely get behind these revisions, as I'd prefer Chandler to Dieng. Pheonix giving up Chriss instead of a pick also makes a lot sense, since I don't think Thibs is that interested in drafting. I think that deal looks pretty fair for all teams.

Another thought I had; If we could somehow get Kyrie and Butler here this season then I think there's a decent chance we re-sign all three. Pretty wishful thinking, I know, but Ainge showed last season that he didn't mind trading with conference rivals - and there have been rumblings of Kyrie leaving already.

Kyrie Irving for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright
Jimmy Butler, Gorgui Dieng for Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell

Irving / FVV
Butler / Green
Leonard / Miles
Anunoby / Siakam
Ibaka / Dieng
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1312 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:01 pm

twoheadedboy wrote: Thank you for your input! I can definitely get behind these revisions, as I'd prefer Chandler to Dieng. Pheonix giving up Chriss instead of a pick also makes a lot sense, since I don't think Thibs is that interested in drafting. I think that deal looks pretty fair for all teams.

Another thought I had; If we could somehow get Kyrie and Butler here this season then I think there's a decent chance we re-sign all three. Pretty wishful thinking, I know, but Ainge showed last season that he didn't mind trading with conference rivals - and there have been rumblings of Kyrie leaving already.

Kyrie Irving for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright
Jimmy Butler, Gorgui Dieng for Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell

Don't know if you saw it but this was my earlier variation of the idea.

Raptors trade - (Lowry, Ibaka, Miles) 60m out

Suns trade - (Chandler, Chriss) 16m out

Minnesota trade - (Butler, Teague) 40m out

Magic trade - (Simmons) 6m out

Raptors receive - (Butler, Chandler, Simmons) 40m in

Suns receive - (Ibaka) 21m in, 5m exception

Minnesota receive - (Lowry, Miles, Chriss) 43m in, 5m exception

Magic receive - (Teague) 19m in, 13m cap space to placate the value of Teague

Raptors save 20m

Jonas /Chandler
OG / Pascal
Kawhi / Simmons
Butler / Green
Delon / FVV

I wouldn't give up value to pair Irving this year, Let Delon & Fred show their worth, Butler & Kawhi should pick up any potential drop off from Lowry. In the trade above I cut 20m, pair that with Chandler & Green expiring at 23m is 43m total cleared not including Butler & Kawhi at 43m. Maybe Masai can convince Butler to opt in at 20m in order to sign Kyrie

Combined thats 20m saved this year & 66m expiring next, 86m total. Assuming Kawhi returns & is signed to 30m, Butler opts in at 20m, that's 50m, leaving roughly 30 m to target Kyrie in FA without having to give value up.

My cap estimation may be off but that's the basic concept.
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#1313 » by nitrous » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#1314 » by Asif16 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#1315 » by vancityballer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:10 pm

nitrous wrote:Image

I would like some of that which you are smoking. It seems positively delightful!
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1316 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star during an appearance on the “Back to Back Podcast.”

“One thing I was told last night is that Kawhi Leonard has already been planning out his free agency for next year and he’s already been in contact with other star players in the league, saying, ‘hey, where might you want to play with me? What are we looking at?
And it wasn’t just L.A. he was talking about. Brooklyn was maybe somewhere that’ll have a ton of cap space. That’s a possibility.”

I wish I knew who he'd like to team up with. This quote could aslo make sense why Raptors are trying to dump salary with Kawhi now on Roster instead of going all in for the year.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#1317 » by Topher » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star during an appearance on the “Back to Back Podcast.”

“One thing I was told last night is that Kawhi Leonard has already been planning out his free agency for next year and he’s already been in contact with other star players in the league, saying, ‘hey, where might you want to play with me? What are we looking at?
And it wasn’t just L.A. he was talking about. Brooklyn was maybe somewhere that’ll have a ton of cap space. That’s a possibility.”

I wish I knew who he'd like to team up with. This quote could aslo make sense why Raptors are trying to dump salary with Kawhi now on Roster instead of going all in for the year.

Let’s be honest Bruce Arthur knows absolute squat. I’d take what he says with a grain of salt that’s for sure. Who told him? Someone online? Doug Smith? Nice try Bruce.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1318 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Topher wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star during an appearance on the “Back to Back Podcast.”

Let’s be honest Bruce Arthur knows absolute squat. I’d take what he says with a grain of salt that’s for sure. Who told him? Someone online? Doug Smith? Nice try Bruce.

I don't know who he is, just quoting him.

It would explain the Raptors interest in avoiding repeater tax, attempt to shed money when they should be in theory going all in if it was one year.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#1319 » by HangTime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Raptors get: Dedmon, Simmons

Hawks get: Malachi

Magic get: Powell

Hawks save money.
Magic, Weltman gets player he liked.
Raptors get 2 of Kawhi's old teammates.
Topher