ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Offseason Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Re: 2018 Offseason Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V1.0 

Post#1741 » by dukes_wild » Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:49 am

Topher wrote:You’s think they would do JV, OG and Malachi for Butler or would we need to include Delon instead of Malachi?

Still don't think they'd do it.

Butler has expressed some displeasure, and declined an extension but he still hasn't really demanded a trade like Kawhi did, so the Wolves still have leverage. If they put him on the market I think they'd get a few betters offers than JV/OG/Wright. We have no 2019 pick and 2020 is untradeable due to Stepien Rule. And no way we are gonna put our 2021 pick on the table with how valuable it could be given our current team contract situation.
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#1742 » by Asif16 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:01 am

dukes_wild wrote:
Topher wrote:You’s think they would do JV, OG and Malachi for Butler or would we need to include Delon instead of Malachi?

Butler has expressed some displeasure, and declined an extension but he still hasn't really demanded a trade like Kawhi did, so the Wolves still have leverage. If they put him on the market I think they'd get a few betters offers than JV/OG/Wright. We have no 2019 pick and 2020 is untradeable due to Stepien Rule. And no way we are gonna put our 2021 pick on the table with how valuable it could be given our current team contract situation.

I think all these Hypothetical Butler trades are hinged on Minny actually sucking next season and are out of a playoff spot by the trade deadline. Minny might have to see what they can get for Butler
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#1743 » by Whole Truth » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:44 am

Asif16 wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:

I think all these Hypothetical Butler trades are hinged on Minny actually sucking next season and are out of a playoff spot by the trade deadline. Minny might have to see what they can get for Butler

The rumor that came out of Chicago was not just Butler being disgruntled with their young cores work ethic & dedication (Kat specifically). He's supposedly going to walk next summer in order to link up with Kyrie. So if you look closely at the rumor, Butler is vocally stating that their young core is not dedicated to winning & he want's to link up with Kyrie, for the purpose of winning. Unless Kat & Wiggins come back with a different approach to winning, Butler is gone. Just the other day he put up a video talking about his boy Taj being the only one to show up to a workout, he's still seeing no dedication from Kat & Wiggins.

I could understand the reasons Thibs would want to hold on to Butler but if their young core doesn't come back with a different mind set & approach it's easy to project, predict immediate locker room issues & a discord. They start off slowly & Butler demands out, his value will take another hit under the premise that he will walk after half a season unless it's a team that could fulfill his wishes of either being a clear winning situation or pairing him with Irving.. Minnesota would have to rely on teams with those particulars vying for his service to leverage value.

After Butler specifically voiced his displeasure with Kat, his name surfaced in trades prior to the draft. One rumor in particular had him being swapped for Ayton. Gives the appearance they were trying to appease Butler. Now they are looking to extend Kat.

Personally, I think Minnesota are better off getting a young asset/s back for Butler to grow with their team, evade the turmoil & risk now. They aren't winning anything anytime soon to take the risk of either poor chemistry with their star big (Kat) or Butler walking for nothing.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1744 » by Whole Truth » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:10 am

-Phoenix would like a vet stretch 4 & or vet PG
-Sacramento's biggest need is at SF - (they have 30m+ tied up in 4 SG's Shumpert, Bogdoanovic, Hield, McLemore)

Suns trade - (Chandler, TJ Warren, Chriss) receive (Ibaka, Delon)

Sacramento trade - (Shumpert) receive (TJ Warren) - (Moves 11m from a 30m log jam at SG to SF, where they have need).

Minnesota trade - (Butler) receive (Shumpert, Norm, OG)

Raptors trade - (Ibaka, Norm, Delon, OG) receive (Butler, Chandler, Chriss)

Jonas / Chandler / Monroe
Pascal / Chriss
Kawhi / Miles
Butler / Green
Lowry / FVV
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#1745 » by StopitLeo » Tue Aug 7, 2018 12:45 pm

dukes_wild wrote:

We can still trade the unprotected part of our 2019 pick. For example, we could trade it 1-10 and 21-30 protected. Not that the Wolves would take that, but it is possible.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#1746 » by Topher » Tue Aug 7, 2018 3:10 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:

We can still trade the unprotected part of our 2019 pick. For example, we could trade it 1-10 and 21-30 protected. Not that the Wolves would take that, but it is possible.

At the deadline I feel like JV, OG and Delon would be quite a haul for them. Celtics aren’t giving them Tatum.

Maybe try to add in Powell for Gibson as well.

Lowry/FVV
Butler/Green
Kawhi/Miles
Siakam/Gibson
Ibaka/Monroe
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#1747 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Aug 7, 2018 10:49 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Minnesota trade - (Butler) receive (Shumpert, Norm, OG)

Wolves would never ever consider that. Two bad contracts + OG. The deal is pretty much OG for Butler straight up. There would definitely need to be a few draft picks heading to Minnesota.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1748 » by Whole Truth » Tue Aug 7, 2018 11:02 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Minnesota trade - (Butler) receive (Shumpert, Norm, OG)

Wolves would never ever consider that. Two bad contracts + OG. The deal is pretty much OG for Butler straight up. There would definitely need to be a few draft picks heading to Minnesota.

Norm could be considered a bad contract but Shumpert is a defensive SG that is 11m expiring.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#1749 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Aug 8, 2018 2:06 am

Whole Truth wrote:-Phoenix would like a vet stretch 4 & or vet PG
-Sacramento's biggest need is at SF - (they have 30m+ tied up in 4 SG's Shumpert, Bogdoanovic, Hield, McLemore)

Sacramento trade - (Shumpert) receive (TJ Warren) - (Moves 11m from a 30m log jam at SG to SF, where they have need).

Pascal / Chriss
Kawhi / Miles
Butler / Green
Lowry / FVV
The Wolves get hammered. They trade the best player for what OG Anunoby because Shumpert is average at best and Norm is average as well. Seems like Toronto is stealing a lot of value

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
AussieRaptor
Junior
And1: 460

Post#1750 » by AussieRaptor » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:19 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Pascal / Chriss
Kawhi / Miles
Butler / Green
Lowry / FVV
The Wolves get hammered. They trade the best player for what OG Anunoby because Shumpert is average at best and Norm is average as well. Seems like Toronto is stealing a lot of value

Yep. Have to take your Raptors undies off for a minute and think if I were Wolves, would I want to trade Butler for OG, Powell and Shumpert? I think the answer would be a resounding no.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1751 » by Whole Truth » Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:24 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Pascal / Chriss
Kawhi / Miles
Butler / Green
Lowry / FVV

Wolves traded Lavine coming off ACL injury, Dunn who couldn't fill their backup PG roll & the #7 pick for Butler & the 16th pick, with 2-3yrs control & on a team friendly contract.

Butler is now disgrutled with their young core & is rumored to be opting out to walk as an expiring to link up with Irving so hes another potential rental, lowering his value as the best player in deal.

You say just OG but the reality is, a young 20yo 3 & D wing with cheap control & potential is being traded for a potential rental.

I flipped 4yrs of TJ Warren for Shumpert a defensive vet SG who's 11m expiring specifically for defensive preference for Thibs & financial purposes. Wolves handed out a bad contract to Wiggins & they're about to extend Kat, they will be getting OG on rookie scale & Shumpert's 11m will be coming off the books.

I included Norm who is not unlike the Wolves inclusion of a struggling Dunn, thinking some teams may believe the young player just needs a change of scenery. If not, Wolves had interest in MIles in free agency for 3pt wing depth. Swap out Norm for Miles. (Shumpert, Miles, OG) for (Butler)

That's nearly as good a package as SA got for Kawhi who has more value as a player than Butler under the premiss of being a rental.

The most I would add is the protection on the 2019 pick (10-20). If Wolves want more, Raptors should just keep OG.
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#1752 » by Topher » Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:39 am

Go all in.

JV, OG, Delon, Norm

For

Butler, Gibson

Not so confident they do it but that could challenge GSW.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1753 » by Whole Truth » Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:48 am

Topher wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:Still don't think they'd do it.

At the deadline I feel like JV, OG and Delon would be quite a haul for them. Celtics aren’t giving them Tatum.

Maybe try to add in Powell for Gibson as well.

Lowry/FVV
Butler/Green
Kawhi/Miles
Siakam/Gibson
Ibaka/Monroe

That's a better package than what they gave up to get Butler from Chicago with 2yrs control, on a team friendly contract & the 16th pick.

Delon > Dunn
OG > Lavine

I like Markkanen as a prospect but think JV has more value to this team than most others here think/believe. If you condense Bosh's prime game into 22 mins, he's not as productive as JV's 13 & 9 posted last season & he's on the verge of adding range to his game to modernize it.

+ the Raptors are not getting a mid first back.

IMO overpay, especially if its for a half season rental, this trade screams desperation.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1754 » by Whole Truth » Wed Aug 8, 2018 11:49 am

Topher wrote:Go all in.

JV, OG, Delon, Norm

For

Butler, Gibson

I wouldn't do that trade, take out one of OG or Jonas. They can't have both IMO for a rental.
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#1755 » by Topher » Wed Aug 8, 2018 12:06 pm

Whole Truth wrote:

JV, OG, Delon, Norm

For

Butler, Gibson

I wouldn't do that trade, take out one of OG or Jonas. They can't have both IMO for a rental.

My thoughts behind this trade is that it’s an all in move to compete against the warriors. We’re giving up a lot but we’d have a chance to win a championship. It could definitely be tweaked.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#1756 » by Whole Truth » Wed Aug 8, 2018 1:02 pm

Topher wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

JV, OG, Delon, Norm

For

Butler, Gibson

My thoughts behind this trade is that it’s an all in move to compete against the warriors. We’re giving up a lot but we’d have a chance to win a championship. It could definitely be tweaked.

Too much IMO. Won't make sense if you end up hurting the team in too many areas to make the singular upgrade worth it.

You may disagree but this trade is assuming Ibaka & Monroe can hold down the centre position, right? IMO they cannot. Ibaka will get run down against teams that feature any kind of size, physical play & Monroe is a lesser version of Jonas with worse pnr defense. As is with Jonas & Poeltl gone, I'd like to add a WCS to the rotation to somewhat replace what Poeltl & Bebe brought to the table defensively not deplete the position further where Raptors might get stuck with Monroe starting at C as a result of trade. Ibaka won't be able to handle the full grind in the post, in his decline he's playing stretch 4 & not taking the contact that Jonas does nightly. People are focused solely on his pnr defense in wanting him to start over JV. It'll be a mistake.
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#1757 » by Topher » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:07 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
Topher wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

Too much IMO. Won't make sense if you end up hurting the team in too many areas to make the singular upgrade worth it.

You may disagree but this trade is assuming Ibaka & Monroe can hold down the centre position, right? IMO they cannot. Ibaka will get run down against teams that feature any kind of size, physical play & Monroe is a lesser version of Jonas with worse pnr defense. As is with Jonas & Poeltl gone, I'd like to add a WCS to the rotation to somewhat replace what Poeltl & Bebe brought to the table defensively not deplete the position further where Raptors might get stuck with Monroe starting at C as a result of trade. Ibaka won't be able to handle the full grind in the post, in his decline he's playing stretch 4 & not taking the contact that Jonas does nightly. People are focused solely on his pnr defense in wanting him to start over JV. It'll be a mistake.

Personally I think we get better. Use some of that depth to improve your team. Butler is a significant upgrade as I’m sure you’re well aware. Like I said it could tweaked.

And yes you’re right. I think they could hold down the 5. Ibaka is one of the strongest players in the league. At this point he might be more suited to play the 5. Look at Horford on the Celtics. He’s their starting 5 and they were fine last year. Up against someone like Embiid might make it a bit difficult but that’s where a guy like WCS would be useful like you mentioned. Sure Monroe might not be great defensively but he’s still a big body and the fact that our perimeter defense would be elite definitely helps.

We’d still be 10 deep and with 3 all stars. That’s huge. Ibaka is getting paid the big bucks. He needs to play the role that helps the team especially considering he is strong and has the body to go up against most bigs in the league.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1758 » by Red_Claw » Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:20 pm

Topher wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:
Topher wrote:

Personally I think we get better. Use some of that depth to improve your team. Butler is a significant upgrade as I’m sure you’re well aware. Like I said it could tweaked.

And yes you’re right. I think they could hold down the 5. Ibaka is one of the strongest players in the league. At this point he might be more suited to play the 5. Look at Horford on the Celtics. He’s their starting 5 and they were fine last year. Up against someone like Embiid might make it a bit difficult but that’s where a guy like WCS would be useful like you mentioned. Sure Monroe might not be great defensively but he’s still a big body and the fact that our perimeter defense would be elite definitely helps.

We’d still be 10 deep and with 3 all stars. That’s huge. Ibaka is getting paid the big bucks. He needs to play the role that helps the team especially considering he is strong and has the body to go up against most bigs in the league.

You gotta give this trade up. Its awful on many levels and neither team would go for it.

Its like your trading all our depth so that Serge has a larger role then he did last year. Why would you expand Serge's role when he's only getting worse...?

And Butler doesn't put us over the top if none of our starters can rebound.
ZZZ
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#1759 » by ZZZ » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:12 pm

NOP picking up Julius and now Jahlil, are they really contending? Is the brow available?

JV/Delon/Norm for AD?

Why not?
"Peace out? I thought peace was in?" - Clare Huxtable
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#1760 » by lebron stopper » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:17 pm

ZZZ wrote:NOP picking up Julius and now Jahlil, are they really contending? Is the brow available?

JV/Delon/Norm for AD?

Why not?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors