ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Offseason Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Re: 2018 Offseason Trades & FA Ideas Thread (CBA Guide Pg.1) V1.0 

Post#181 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn. He once had such a nice two-way player potential. Kid is just not a winning player.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#182 » by bootsythornton » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:07 pm

wiggins might be the best buy low prospect in a long time. Spurs should jump all over him.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,323

Post#183 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:07 pm

vincecarterfan wrote:Would much rather go for jimmy buckets then wiggins. Prolly wont happen and would be horrible for minny but derozan for butler is my dream. I was screaming for this when butler wanted out of chicago

CoachJReturns wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

DeRozan for Wiggins + #20

On the one hand he's a former 1st overall pick and hometown boy. On the other, Jimmy Butler seems to be making it very clear that this guy has crappy work ethic. When you combine that with his God awful contract, we might find it very easy to hate Wiggins on the Raptors.
How about Wiggins and a future 1st? If we're lucky Minny has a bad year in the future and we capitalize.

It wouldn't happen.

The Wolves love Butler, he isn't going anywhere, it's Wiggins who they (and Jimmy) don't want. The trade that makes the most sense isn't DeRozan/Wiggins (who are very similar players with Wiggins having better upside), it's Wiggins/Lowry.

Lowry would be a much better fit with Butler/Towns and also provide them some financial flexibility over the next couple of years that they'll need since they'll undoubtably be giving both Jimmy and KAT huge max contracts, can't be in luxury tax for mediocre results. At least Lowry coming off the books keeps them below while retaining their duo. We finally get moving on our rebuild then proceed to see if we can ship DeMar out during the draft for hopefully one of MEM or DAL's picks or maybe both of LAC's then call it a day and look forward to starting over.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#184 » by lebron stopper » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
vincecarterfan wrote:Would much rather go for jimmy buckets then wiggins. Prolly wont happen and would be horrible for minny but derozan for butler is my dream. I was screaming for this when butler wanted out of chicago

CoachJReturns wrote:On the one hand he's a former 1st overall pick and hometown boy. On the other, Jimmy Butler seems to be making it very clear that this guy has crappy work ethic. When you combine that with his God awful contract, we might find it very easy to hate Wiggins on the Raptors.
How about Wiggins and a future 1st? If we're lucky Minny has a bad year in the future and we capitalize.

It wouldn't happen.

The Wolves love Butler, he isn't going anywhere, it's Wiggins who they (and Jimmy) don't want. The trade that makes the most sense isn't DeRozan/Wiggins (who are very similar players with Wiggins having better upside), it's Wiggins/Lowry.

Lowry would be a much better fit with Butler/Towns and also provide them some financial flexibility over the next couple of years that they'll need since they'll undoubtably be giving both Jimmy and KAT huge max contracts, can't be in luxury tax for mediocre results. At least Lowry coming off the books keeps them below while retaining their duo. We finally get moving on our rebuild then proceed to see if we can ship DeMar out during the draft for hopefully one of MEM or DAL's picks or maybe both of LAC's then call it a day and look forward to starting over.

1. Thibs is going to drive Lowry ten thousand feet into the ground and send him into an early painful retirement. Lowry doesn't deserve that.

2. Can't wait to watch Raptors-era Andrew Wiggin$$$ stink up the entire joint until 2023. But hey, at least he's Canadian! :lol: :lol: Wolves instantly win any trades involving one of our stars for Wiggins. Acquiring Wiggins would be far closer to acquiring Griffin than it would be to acquiring Oladipo.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,323

Post#185 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

It wouldn't happen.

1. Thibs is going to drive Lowry ten thousand feet into the ground and send him into an early painful retirement. Lowry doesn't deserve that.

2. Can't wait to watch Raptors-era Andrew Wiggin$$$ stink up the entire joint until 2023. But hey, at least he's Canadian! :lol: :lol: Wolves instantly win any trades involving one of our stars for Wiggins. Acquiring Wiggins would be far closer to acquiring Griffin than it would be to acquiring Oladipo.

1. No I'm not the biggest fan of Lowry anymore, although I used to be back in 15/16 when he was MVP like but as much as I loved Lowry that's not my concern. My concern is our team. It's not like Kyle took a huge pay cut to stay or he got hurt and we're doing him dirty like IT. He's making over $30M/yr, my heart doesn't bleed for him that much for playing a couple of years for Thibs and especially it would be to play on a Playoff team with another player like Butler whom he considers a friend

2. Never mentioned him being the next "Oladipo" but it's also nothing like a washed up, injury prone Blake Griffin. Wiggins is younger than Siakam for crying out loud. He has plenty of time to develop and is far more skilled/developed than a young DeRozan (a far more apt comparison) was. He's already had a season on par with DeMar's second best in less than half the time but with elite athleticism, much quicker and better shooting range.

More importantly he helps start a rebuild while staying put with Kyle just foolishly holds onto this jaded belief that we are somehow going to contend. Let it go already, idk how many consecutive Playoff embarrassments it takes to realize it ain't happening, reshuffling the same losing hand isn't going to win you the game. I'd rather improve our coming draft picks anyways.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#186 » by lebron stopper » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:26 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
It wouldn't happen.

1. No I'm not the biggest fan of Lowry anymore, although I used to be back in 15/16 when he was MVP like but as much as I loved Lowry that's not my concern. My concern is our team. It's not like Kyle took a huge pay cut to stay or he got hurt and we're doing him dirty like IT. He's making over $30M/yr, my heart doesn't bleed for him that much for playing a couple of years for Thibs and especially it would be to play on a Playoff team with another player like Butler whom he considers a friend

2. Never mentioned him being the next "Oladipo" but it's also nothing like a washed up, injury prone Blake Griffin. Wiggins is younger than Siakam for crying out loud. He has plenty of time to develop and is far more skilled/developed than a young DeRozan (a far more apt comparison) was. He's already had a season on par with DeMar's second best in less than half the time but with elite athleticism, much quicker and better shooting range.

More importantly he helps start a rebuild while staying put with Kyle just foolishly holds onto this jaded belief that we are somehow going to contend. Let it go already, idk how many consecutive Playoff embarrassments it takes to realize it ain't happening, reshuffling the same losing hand isn't going to win you the game. I'd rather improve our coming draft picks anyways.

If we want to rebuild, we can do way better than swapping one of our stars for Wiggin$$$ and his perennial cap killing contract. Great athlete, but not a great basketball player.

I don't mind keeping Lowry anyways. No one is giving up anything of value for him. I'm not really under the pretense that we're still relevant, I'd just rather have the cap flexibility since his contract expires much earlier. And we can just not play him in the fourth quarter (like the Mavericks do with their best players) if losing games and tanking is what we want.
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,437

Post#187 » by planetmars » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:09 pm

With the way Nurse was talking up Lowry during the press conference/scrum I don't think Lowry will be going anywhere. Especially with FVV's contract status in limbo. Handing the keys to Delon Wright with no real backup seems like a disaster.

If Masai wants Wiggins it will most likely be for DeMar.

I think DeMar should be traded.. but not for AW. I'm just not a fan. He's young and has potential I guess.. but his body language tells me that he picked the wrong sport to play in life.

Masai seems to have a love affair for Canadian players though. The Anthony Bennett experiment and wanting to get Tyler Ennis in the Bruno draft show me that. Hopefully he's learned his lesson.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,268

Post#188 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:17 pm

I think the trade with Minni would be Wiggins ($25m) Teague ($19m) and Gibson ($14m) for Lowry ($31m) Has Ibaka ($20m) and CJ Miles ($8m)

It was rumored Minni was interested in both Lowry and CJ last summer. Salaries more or less match. Raps will still be good enough to make the playoffs. Move Demar if needed for picks.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#189 » by CoachJReturns » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:11 pm

As a rebuild trade, what about DeMar to Sacramento for a future non protected pick? They have truly atrocious management and are next level bad at developing prospects. They could be getting a great talent like Bagley this year, but if any team could screw that up it's them. I think they're still a bottom feeder until they get new management or even new ownership.
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#190 » by dukes_wild » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:13 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:I think the trade with Minni would be Wiggins ($25m) Teague ($19m) and Gibson ($14m) for Lowry ($31m) Has Ibaka ($20m) and CJ Miles ($8m)

It was rumored Minni was interested in both Lowry and CJ last summer. Salaries more or less match. Raps will still be good enough to make the playoffs. Move Demar if needed for picks.

I'm not sure the Raptors make the playoffs if they make that trade. If they do, it would be just barely. Just think about the spacing

Teague / FVV
DeRozan / Delon
Wiggins / OG
Gibson / Siakam
JV / Poeltl

The T-Wolves barely made the playoffs and when you compare this starting 5 to theirs last season, it's the same except DeRozan instead of Butler, and JV instead of KAT, which is a worse starting 5. You then have a bench squad that will only make like 3.5 threes per game at best.

Pretty sure we'd finish dead last in team 3PT%, and with Wiggins/DeRozan/JV we'd probably have the worst defensive starting unit in the NBA

Gun to my head: That team goes 39-43 and that's assuming no major injuries
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,452

Post#191 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Like I've said before, I'd only look at Wiggins if we're doing a full blown rebuild
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,739

Post#192 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Like I've said before, I'd only look at Wiggins if we're doing a full blown rebuild

How does Andrew Wiggins' 30 million dollar per year salary + poor work ethic do anything positive for a rebuild?
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#193 » by RonaldArtest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:48 pm

There's a lot of Raps fans hoping for Wiggins by trading Demar, and if it happens they're going to be awfully disappointed. AW has a terrible motor, and that criticism has followed him ever since I heard of this kid. He's a tremendous athlete and the potential is there, but he's simply not worth that mammoth contract he signed and very likely never will be. He won't even have the hunger of chasing $ anymore, much less trying to improve for the love of the game. Just be careful what you wish for. I'd rather a less talented guy who gives 100% effort than Wiggins who coasts around 70% (if that).
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,646

Post#194 » by Psubs » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I want JJJ. If not able to nab #4 or #5.

Rex Kalamian went to the Clippers, would he want to take Demar home?

Toronto trades: Demar and Bebe

LA Clippers trade: #13 (Zaire Smith), Tobias Harris and Gallinari

Clippers draft Kevin Knox or Miles Bridges at #12.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#195 » by RonaldArtest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Psubs wrote:I want JJJ. If not able to nab #4 or #5.

I think it's arguable that Demar and Blake Griffin are comparable talents, and BG got a better return than this. And that's with his looming massive contract compared to Derozan's current deal. A late lotto pick, a decent SF/PF, and a wing player made of glass owed a lot of money isn't a good trade for Deebo.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,452

Post#196 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:Like I've said before, I'd only look at Wiggins if we're doing a full blown rebuild

How does Andrew Wiggins' 30 million dollar per year salary + poor work ethic do anything positive for a rebuild?

We won't be getting better than that for anything we have to offer
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#197 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:

We won't be getting better than that for anything we have to offer

Not doing anything is better than that
Splinter
Senior
And1: 349

Post#198 » by Splinter » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Psubs wrote:I want JJJ. If not able to nab #4 or #5.

Can't trade restricted rights to Bebe before the draft like hockey. He would have to be sign and traded after July 1st. Thought I should throw that out there since I've seen you toss Bebe into a bunch of trades
OskarTheGroucho
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#199 » by OskarTheGroucho » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 pm

dukes_wild wrote:
Raptorfan2012 wrote:I think the trade with Minni would be Wiggins ($25m) Teague ($19m) and Gibson ($14m) for Lowry ($31m) Has Ibaka ($20m) and CJ Miles ($8m)

I'm not sure the Raptors make the playoffs if they make that trade. If they do, it would be just barely. Just think about the spacing

Teague / FVV
DeRozan / Delon
Wiggins / OG
Gibson / Siakam
JV / Poeltl

The T-Wolves barely made the playoffs and when you compare this starting 5 to theirs last season, it's the same except DeRozan instead of Butler, and JV instead of KAT, which is a worse starting 5. You then have a bench squad that will only make like 3.5 threes per game at best.

Pretty sure we'd finish dead last in team 3PT%, and with Wiggins/DeRozan/JV we'd probably have the worst defensive starting unit in the NBA

Gun to my head: That team goes 39-43 and that's assuming no major injuries

Weirdly I would okay with that. It puts us close into RJ Barrett eyes
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#200 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 pm

To TOR: #4 (Donic) + Parsons + Mclemore
To MEM: Derozan + Miles

To TOR: #10 + Bayless
To PHI: Lowry

Sexton (#10) / Fred / Bayless
Donic (#4) / Wright / Mclemore
OG / Powell / Parsons
Ibaka / Siakam
Val / Poeltl
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks

Return to Toronto Raptors