ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyle Lowry very available

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Kyle Lowry very available 

Post#201 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Charlotte trade. (Walker, Mosgov, #11) to Cavs for (Derozan, #8)

Cavs trade - (Clarkson, Cedi, Smith, #8) to Memphis for (Walker, Mosgov)

Memphis trade - (Parsons, #4) to Toronto for (Smith, Cedi, Clarkson, #11)

Raptors trade (Derozan) to Charlotte for (Parsons, #4)

Mozgov just got traded to Charlotte. He can't be moved until sometime in the Fall.

I could see Derozan and Kemba def in Cleveland as Bron retention. Charlotte nets number 4 package because Kemba is on the better deal and we get Parsons, Cedi numbers 8 and 11. Must be agents who make this sht happen. Or tweeters.

We get Shamikal.

I was thinking that, with Raptors netting both the 4th & the 8th because they took on Parsons while giving up their most valuable player Derozan. I did think Derozan was an overpay for Memphis in a straight deal.

Walker & Derozan for the 8th & role players seems like a steal for Cavs.. Maybe Charlotte is getting a future 1st from Cavs?

A contract that Charlotte wanted to attach in dumping Walker I would assume would go to Memphis & might be serviceable whereas Parsons is complete dead weight. I was thinking one of their wings that they would have interest in Batum?, MKG?
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#202 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:58 pm

According to ESPN’s Ian Begley, at least one person close to the situation believes Cleveland’s interest in Walker is a way for the team to lure James back to the team.
“I just think you have to trade for a point guard who can make things easier for everybody on the court, including LeBron,” Begley said on the Bull and Fox Show on 92.3 The Fan. “Kemba Walker was dangled by Charlotte before the trade deadline. If you could somehow land a player like him in a trade prior to the draft … shortly after the draft, I certainly think that would impact LeBron’s thinking.”

Cleveland has been linked to multiple points guards with the eighth pick in Thursday’s draft. That includes Oklahoma’s Trae Young, Alabama’s Collin Sexton and Kentucky’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

I assume from the thread we had here the 8th is for Lowry or Walker.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#203 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 pm

According to basketball insider Sam Amico of AmicoHoops, the Cleveland Cavaliers have contacted the Memphis Grizzlies multiple times ahead of the 2018 NBA Draft.

While taking on the rest Parsons’ deal will cost the Cavs $49 million over the next two seasons, there is likely only one player that the Cleveland Cavaliers have that the Grizzlies would be interested in trading the 4th overall pick for: five-time All-Star Kevin Love.

The trade talks, which were started by former general manager David Griffin before his split with the Cavs, would have seen Love being traded to the Phoenix Suns in exchange for the 4th overall pick. The 4th pick would have then been re-routed to the Indiana Pacers, who would trade Paul George to Cleveland.

In that proposal, the Cavs sent the Spurs both the 4th and 8th overall picks in the upcoming draft but it would probably be more amicable for the Grizzlies if they received the 8th pick and Love while the Spurs simply took the 4th pick.

Regardless of whether the Cavs are able to trade for Leonard, they’ve attempted to trade Love multiple times throughout the course of his Cavs tenure and whether or not LeBron James leaves in free agency, Love is likely one of the first players who will be moved in the offseason if they start making deals.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/06/20/report-cleveland-cavaliers-talked-memphis-grizzlies-multiple-times/
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#204 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 pm

This is my favorite, see if it ties into Raptors leaking they like Shai.

1. In Cavs draft rumors, it sure looks like Cleveland is trying to entice the Charlotte Hornets into a trade.

Gilgeous-Alexander, people know who he is, but there’s a lot of people who don’t. He certainly hasn’t been tied to the Cavs until now.

The Hornets and Clippers reportedly like Gilgeous-Alexander, which is interesting because the Cavs have been linked to Charlotte point guard Kemba Walker, who has one year and $12 million remaining on his current contract.

How can the Cavs take Gilgeous-Alexander when Trae Young or Collin Sexton might still be available?

One theory has Cleveland sending Kevin Love and the eighth pick to the Hornets for the 11th pick and Walker. The notion of trading down isn’t something new, although there’s a case to be made against it.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2018/06/20/nba-draft-rumors-cavs-trying-trick-hornets/
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#205 » by RapsFanInOhio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 pm

I don’t think there’s any way we trade Lowry or DeRozan to Cleveland unless we’re blowing it up. There’s no point in retooling if you’re going to give the team you can’t beat one of your best players. I also think the mindset of the team & Masai is that you can move one of DD or Lowry, get under the tax, keep all the players happy, and not slip too far in the standings depending on the return. Plus, you keep that youth movement going forward while maximizing value. I think Lowry and DD, while close, realize that a change needs to be made for the team and Masai / Nurse probably have discussed this possibility with them already.

More than likely one of Lowry or DD are moved out West or to a team in the East that isn’t a threat to us. Memphis, LA, and Charlotte (sans a Walker deal) make some sense for DD. Minny, LA, Orlando and maybe even Philly (depending on LeBron) make some sense for Lowry. The fit and potential deals out there are easier with DD because of fit within the system Nurse wants to run and the higher return. At the same time, you have a guy in FVV that can do some of the same things as Lowry, and you’re going to be investing a lot in that PG position if he’s brought back.

FWIW, I think I would jump on #4 and Parsons for DD if Doncic is there.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#206 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 pm

RapsFanInOhio wrote:I don’t think there’s any way we trade Lowry or DeRozan to Cleveland unless we’re blowing it up. There’s no point in retooling if you’re going to give the team you can’t beat one of your best players. I also think the mindset of the team & Masai is that you can move one of DD or Lowry, get under the tax, keep all the players happy, and not slip too far in the standings depending on the return. Plus, you keep that youth movement going forward while maximizing value. I think Lowry and DD, while close, realize that a change needs to be made for the team and Masai / Nurse probably have discussed this possibility with them already.

More than likely one of Lowry or DD are moved out West or to a team in the East that isn’t a threat to us. Memphis, LA, and Charlotte (sans a Walker deal) make some sense for DD. Minny, LA, Orlando and maybe even Philly (depending on LeBron) make some sense for Lowry. The fit and potential deals out there are easier with DD because of fit within the system Nurse wants to run and the higher return. At the same time, you have a guy in FVV that can do some of the same things as Lowry, and you’re going to be investing a lot in that PG position if he’s brought back.

You're missing the play, Raptors have a 14 page thread on how Masai leaked interest in SGA, which is uncharacteristic of him. Charlotte who have one season remaining of Walker is linked to liking SGA at 11, which is more his draft range, Cavs want Walker in trade.

Charlotte want to attach a contract to any Walker trade, I don't know which.

Memphis want to dump Parsons contract but neither Charlotte nor Cavs want that for different reasons. Memphis may not have interest in Derozan but in the pieces Charlotte & Cavs are swapping in trade were Toronto give up Derozan & take on Parsons for the 4th but Memphis get maybe a Clarkson, MKG, Cedi, 11th pick...

Cavs keep Love end up with (Walker & contract from Charlotte or Derozan)

Maybe Derozan & the 8th go to Charlotte for (Walker, contract, 11th) instead of Love & the 8th as rumored.

Memphis get multiple pieces, 11th pick while dumping Parsons.

Raptors net the 4th for taking on salary none of these teams want.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,741

Post#207 » by VanWest82 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:59 pm

RapsFanInOhio wrote:I don’t think there’s any way we trade Lowry or DeRozan to Cleveland unless we’re blowing it up. There’s no point in retooling if you’re going to give the team you can’t beat one of your best players. I also think the mindset of the team & Masai is that you can move one of DD or Lowry, get under the tax, keep all the players happy, and not slip too far in the standings depending on the return. Plus, you keep that youth movement going forward while maximizing value. I think Lowry and DD, while close, realize that a change needs to be made for the team and Masai / Nurse probably have discussed this possibility with them already.

Sounds like Doncic will be off the board by then but I agree that a big motivating factor in any deal will be shedding salary so we can re-sign FVV. Even something like Parsons (24M) + 4 (5M) for Demar (27M) + Miles (7M) doesn't quite get it done from a cost cutting perspective. Lowry into Philly's cap space for 10 + Bayless is wonderful for us but doesn't really make sense for them IMO given timing with actual superstars available as trade options or in FA.

I don't see MLSE paying a giant payroll + tax to keep this team together. Masai is in a tough spot. Hopefully one of Dallas, Sacto, or Atlanta sees something in Norm and would be willing to take him into their cap space with minimal other assets attached. Demar to LA works too but they have nothing we'd want. Ingram is going to want a max extension next off season and I don't think he's nearly that good.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#208 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:53 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Watch Masai trade Kyle to MIN for Wiggins.

That's one way to tank for a #1 pick.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#209 » by XxIronChainzxX » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:55 am

dacrusha wrote:
jimross wrote:Lowry to Philly for #10

DD to Grizz for #4th + Parsons

#4 - Bamba/JJJ
#10 - Bridges/Gileous-Alexander/Carter JR

Legoooooooo!!!

Why would the up-and-coming Sixers drop a Top-10 pick for a declining player with maybe one more great year ahead of him and his $30 million per contract?

Why would the rebuilding Grizz give away a #4 pick for a $30 milion player who doesn't move the needle at all?

The 76ers have moved into win now mode. Despite the hate on this board KL has yet to drop off and he's a $30 million expiring deal in a year. Trading a top 10 pick for KL is fleecing us, not the other way around. A late pick is often a bust or a rotation player. A year of KL is worth more than that for a team with HOF talent on it already. It's why the Cacs were nuts to not trade #8.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#210 » by RapsFanInOhio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:19 am

Whole Truth wrote:

You're missing the play, Raptors have a 14 page thread on how Masai leaked interest in SGA, which is uncharacteristic of him. Charlotte who have one season remaining of Walker is linked to liking SGA at 11, which is more his draft range, Cavs want Walker in trade.

Memphis want to dump Parsons contract but neither Charlotte nor Cavs want that for different reasons. Memphis may not have interest in Derozan but in the pieces Charlotte & Cavs are swapping in trade were Toronto give up Derozan & take on Parsons for the 4th but Memphis get maybe a Clarkson, MKG, Cedi, 11th pick...

Maybe Derozan & the 8th go to Charlotte for (Walker, contract, 11th) instead of Love & the 8th as rumored.

I don’t think Charlotte takes on DeRozan and moves Walker in the same deal.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#211 » by Whole Truth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 am

RapsFanInOhio wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

I don’t think Charlotte takes on DeRozan and moves Walker in the same deal.

Why not? I take it you're looking at it from a contending view point & not an asset retaining, building one, where they could lose Walker in FA.

Derozan is under control for another 3 seasons, while Walker is expiring, they net the 8th pick, while moving a contract they don't want in the deal
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#212 » by omar36 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:24 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Watch Masai trade Kyle to MIN for Wiggins.

That's one way to tank for a #1 pick.

nah man, bring back bruno. could be goat tank commander
nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#213 » by nitrous » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Read on Twitter
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,360

Post#214 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm

i would try for fultz. why not?
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#215 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:43 pm

To me the play is Kemba coming to TO to play with Derozan. Ticks all the boxes. No need for pick swaps in that scenario. Then we hope-pray Fred can be signed for the 5 mil MLE which is a hope at best.

Jordan would get Lowry-Norm future pick and keep his number 11. Masai gets Kemba-Batum. Masai maxes Kemba when we clear a boatload of cap space.

Besides landing Freddy or signing Lorenzo that would be it.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#216 » by Whole Truth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:10 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:To me the play is Kemba coming to TO to play with Derozan. Ticks all the boxes. No need for pick swaps in that scenario. Then we hope-pray Fred can be signed for the 5 mil MLE which is a hope at best.

Jordan would get Lowry-Norm future pick and keep his number 11. Masai gets Kemba-Batum. Masai maxes Kemba when we clear a boatload of cap space.

Besides landing Freddy or signing Lorenzo that would be it.

4yrs of Batum at 22m & an expiring Walker, no thanks. It's Cavs that have to find a way to appease James.

Charlotte is interested in GSA, they have the 11th pick where he's projected to go anywhere from 10-15. Raptors are linked to wanting to get into the top 10 to select SGA where it's a reach.

Cavs are suggesting SGA at 8 to force Charlottes hand. This ties into the Raptors leaking their interest.

The Cavs blockbuster rumor posted on the other page

- 2 veterans that keep Lebron at home. ((Walker/Derozan), if Lebron doesn't stay, Cavs have Love, Derozan, Walker).
- Charlotte and Memphis involved, as well as possibly Raptors. (Both Charlotte & Memphis are looking to shed contracts in trade).
- 4th and 8th pick and several veterans with Cedi in the mix. #nba⁠ ⁠ trade rumors. (Memphis want to trade down)

Raptors trade (Derozan) for (Parsons, #4)

Memphis trade (Parsons, #4) for (Batum, #8)

Cavs trade (Smith, Clarkson, Cedi, #8, future 1st) for (Derozan, Walker)

Charlotte trade (Walker, Batum) for (Smith, Clarkson, Cedi, future 1st)
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#217 » by lebron stopper » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Whole Truth wrote:- 2 veterans that keep Lebron at home. ((Walker/Derozan), if Lebron doesn't stay, Cavs have Love, Derozan, Walker).
- Charlotte and Memphis involved, as well as possibly Raptors. (Both Charlotte & Memphis are looking to shed contracts in trade).
- 4th and 8th pick and several veterans with Cedi in the mix. #nba⁠ ⁠ trade rumors. (Memphis want to trade down)

Raptors trade (Derozan) for (Parsons, #4)

Memphis trade (Parsons, #4) for (Batum, #8)

Cavs trade (Smith, Clarkson, Cedi, #8, future 1st) for (Derozan, Walker)

Charlotte trade (Walker, Batum) for (Smith, Clarkson, Cedi, future 1st)

1. That trade doesn't work salary wise for Cleveland, they would have to cut another $12 million in that deal. So I think George Hill would go instead of Cedi Osman to match salaries.

2. But that doesn't answer this question: Why would Memphis trade a 2 year albatross and the 4th pick for a 3 year albatross and the 8th pick?

3. Also, why would Charlotte trade away Kemba Walker without getting a guaranteed lottery pick in return? The future 1st from Cleveland on top of all those garbage contracts doesn't seem enough for them...

The main idea makes sense, but when you get into the specifics, there's parts here and there to question if it will truly work.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#218 » by Whole Truth » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 pm

As some have pointed out Memphis might not prefer Derozan. Raptors trade him to the Cavs for the 8th + additional value so they can convey the 8th pick where Memphis move down 4 slots to move Parsons for something serviceable.

With both Charlotte & Memphis wanting to dump salary in trade using their desired assets. Charlottes salary dump is an upgrade to Parsons as it could be serviceable, Charlotte get out from under said contract with serviceable pieces as Raptors end up with Parsons dead weight.

Cavs trade multiple assets for 2 vets to entice Lebron to stay in Walker & Derozan. Lebron leaves they still have a team that can compete with Love, Derozan, Walker.
HOOOMAN
Starter
And1: 3,186

Post#219 » by HOOOMAN » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 pm

maybe im very cynical but i dont see anybody taking any of our dead weight contract. unfortunately our playoff performances have killed any real value of Demar Kyle and Serge
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#220 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:47 pm

What im starting to think now is that Cavs try and trade for Walker. If that doesnt work out then their backup plan is Lowry with Klove going out. Lowry and Norm to Cavs for KLOVE. Love only has two years left on contract. Shifts Ibaka to Center, Love to PF, then you trade JV for other assets. It would also save us about 20 mil in cap space and Cavs are already in tax so they would be ok with paying more to keep Lebron with a new core of Lebron, Lowry , and whatever they get for 8th pick.

Return to Toronto Raptors