ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Re: WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers 

Post#21 » by Steelo Green » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:55 am

DonYon wrote:I swear I lose IQ from reading threads like this

Yup.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#22 » by Inevitable » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:56 am

BrownMamba wrote:I’m done, Masai ain’t doing ish if he does another salary dump I will kill my self facts

This escalated quickly
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Post#23 » by bonjovi0308 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 am

Could a trade between thr raps and clippers in place?
dunk_a_roo
Rookie
And1: 4,644

Post#24 » by dunk_a_roo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:01 am

trust fund baby
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,495
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#25 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 am

Are you guys crazy? Obviously LA coveted SGA. Charlotte knew it. So they squeezed LA. SGA wasn't just available to anybody, LA wanted him. Why would CHA or LA surrender him to us? Maybe they don't want Demars contract, or of the term. Maybe they want to build for a different window. Maybe SGA isn't even as good as you guys think. Bottom line is, Toronto doesn't have much to bargain with here. Certainly nothing approaching the value of an 11th pic, without convoluted contract swaps.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#26 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:12 am

Shocking lotto teams aren't lining up to take on our countless bad contracts
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#27 » by macNcheese3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:20 am

Scott Hall wrote:Shocking lotto teams aren't lining up to take on our countless bad contracts

Shocking to say the least LOL
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,495
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#28 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am

I've heard over and over how MU overpaid these guys to keep their contracts short. Well, now the contracts aren't even short enough. That's just the way it is. Change will happen. But not for two years it seems. Enjoi.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#29 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:51 am

BrownMamba wrote:I’m done, Masai ain’t doing ish if he does another salary dump I will kill my self facts
list to raptorsnorth!!!! What have I been saying for weeks ? I rest my case.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,121

Post#30 » by duppyy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 am

Why are people surprised. Its the same old song and dance every year.

Masai and MLSE suck. They don't care about winning, just about turning a profit. We gave up a pick just to load off Carol's contact and gave a bunch of money to serge to suck. Then we get reports of how Masai wants to buy or trade for a pick. If you want one so bad why GIVE it away? do people still believe him after this crap? He's an ok drafter and good motivational speaker, but he isn't an amazing GM like some people think. He was only good at ripping off Nolan and Nolan put a stop to that.

The report of Masai off loading some one like Delon to avoid luxury tax is more believable than any draft pick trade rumour with this team.

However, I'd say the blame is 75% mlse 25% Masai.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#31 » by deeps6x » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 am

SharoneWright wrote:I've heard over and over how MU overpaid these guys to keep their contracts short. Well, now the contracts aren't even short enough. That's just the way it is. Change will happen. But not for two years it seems. Enjoi.

What is the opposite of 'Enjoi'?

I'm really hoping we are sending DD/Lowry/Ibaka or all three out to some team, any team, so we don't waste two more years. Start the damn rebuild now.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#32 » by 6ixSideSniper » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:43 am

Did you guys really expect Masai to completely blow up a 59 win team?

Masai has always been the anti-Colangelo, you can’t just make moves for the sake of getting the fans excited.

He hasn’t been perfect, but he’s earned the benefit of doubt from us as fans. He’s been responsible for the most successful era of Raptors ball to date. Sit back and let the man do his job.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#33 » by Volcano » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 am

6ixSideSniper wrote:Did you guys really expect Masai to completely blow up a 59 win team?

Masai has always been the anti-Colangelo, you can’t just make moves for the sake of getting the fans excited.

He hasn’t been perfect, but he’s earned the benefit of doubt from us as fans. He’s been responsible for the most successful era of Raptors ball to date. Sit back and let the man do his job.

- Carroll, Ibaka, Tucker were BC-type moves. Basically knee-jerk moves to try and prop up a flawed core.

- The Bruno draft was an ultra-high-risk, high-reward type of move, but those type of moves should be saved for the 2nd round. Nice try, but not a great strategy in hindsight.

- The Poeltl, Delon, OG, Siakam and even Norm picks were great. Reports are that IBM Watson deserves some credit.

- Picking up FVV was great.

- The Bargnani and Vasquez trades were great, but probably not very replicable or reliable when evaluating long-term management ability.

- Extending players before the season starts - I'm not sure if that's the right strategy although there are good reasons to do it and good reasons not to. I wonder if JV, Ross and Powell would have gotten the same contract in the middle of their contract year.

Overall, his management ability has been lukewarm. There were reports that he was concerned of the aftermath of the Ibaka trade (the need to financially commit to him when his contract was up) and sure enough, it has killed our financial flexibility. It's a wonder how someone known for his scouting ability was unable to tell that Ibaka's value was essentially that of a role player.

We can't really fault him for things that could only be known in hindsight, but making mistakes that could easily be foreseen is unforgivable. Sadly, it's the norm for a lot of NBA teams, which is ridiculous considering the money involved.
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#34 » by BigShaq34 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:14 am

Masai the BlackBerry trust fund evaluating fraud. He makes MLSE money by creating false hope to the fans by making treadmill second round exit teams.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#35 » by 6ixSideSniper » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:45 am

Volcano wrote:
6ixSideSniper wrote:Did you guys really expect Masai to completely blow up a 59 win team?

- Carroll, Ibaka, Tucker were BC-type moves. Basically knee-jerk moves to try and prop up a flawed core.

- The Bruno draft was an ultra-high-risk, high-reward type of move, but those type of moves should be saved for the 2nd round. Nice try, but not a great strategy in hindsight.

- The Poeltl, Delon, OG, Siakam and even Norm picks were great. Reports are that IBM Watson deserves some credit.

- Picking up FVV was great.

- The Bargnani and Vasquez trades were great, but probably not very replicable or reliable when evaluating long-term management ability.

- Extending players before the season starts - I'm not sure if that's the right strategy although there are good reasons to do it and good reasons not to. I wonder if JV, Ross and Powell would have gotten the same contract in the middle of their contract year.

Overall, his management ability has been lukewarm. There were reports that he was concerned of the aftermath of the Ibaka trade (the need to financially commit to him when his contract was up) and sure enough, it has killed our financial flexibility. It's a wonder how someone known for his scouting ability was unable to tell that Ibaka's value was essentially that of a role player.

We can't really fault him for things that could only be known in hindsight, but making mistakes that could easily be foreseen is unforgivable. Sadly, it's the norm for a lot of NBA teams, which is ridiculous considering the money involved.

Like you said, the mistakes he made are easy to call in hind-sight but majority of his moves where praised on here as they happened.

The Powell deal was seen as a good move at the time, the Heat did the same with Josh Richardson, who at the time Norm was equal to in value, potential and stability. I don’t think anyone could of guessed that his game would take such a dramatic dive. I’m not denying it’s hurting the Raptors right now, but I’ll also be honest and fully supported the move at the time.

I did not like the Ibaka trade, but at the time it seemed to be the exact thing this Raptors squad needed. He was billed as a defensive big man that can shoot the 3, and the best power forward (still sadly) the Raptors have had since Chris Bosh. Masai gambled with the extension, hoping a full season under the belt would have him return to OKC form but it’s unfortunate he’s look to be on the decline already at only 28.

Again, before the sweep at the hands of Lebron, this Raptors squad was supposed to be locked in and run the east again next year. Masai has hopefully identified the issue (Casey) and will let Nurse who seems like a tactician do his thing with a 59 win team in the East.

I think Masai will sit until the trade deadline and see what’s he’s got to work with and the direction this squad is going. There’s no sense in rushing a deal when I can’t imagine the market being too hot for a 30+ mil Lowry or DeRozan, or 20 mil Ibaka. Despite their lack of value, these guys have just led the Raps to the best regular season record, I don’t think another half season under a new coach is an unreasonable amount of time to blow things up.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Axe Dragon
Analyst
And1: 376

Post#36 » by Axe Dragon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 pm

right between the eyes wrote:Wow Masai we couldn’t of made that trade? Smh

Well we didn’t have the 12th pick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#37 » by TerryTate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Why are guys crying about MLSE and Masai, this thread is about Gilgeous-Alexander....

1) Jerry West isn't an idiot, saw value in him like Masai and got him
2) Draft just finished
3) There is still a week for things to be worked out. - Stop jumping to conclusions and RGM rant about something, we had very little chance in getting a pick.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#38 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:08 pm

TerryTate wrote:Why are guys crying about MLSE and Masai, this thread is about Gilgeous-Alexander....

2) Draft just finished
3) There is still a week for things to be worked out. - Stop jumping to conclusions and RGM rant about something, we had very little chance in getting a pick.

Aside from not being an idiot; Jerry West is the greatest general manager in league history.

One or both of SGA and Jerome Robinson will become stars. This isn't Jerry's first rodeo.
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#39 » by TerryTate » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
TerryTate wrote:Why are guys crying about MLSE and Masai, this thread is about Gilgeous-Alexander....

2) Draft just finished

Aside from not being an idiot; Jerry West is the greatest general manager in league history.

One or both of SGA and Jerome Robinson will become stars. This isn't Jerry's first rodeo.

I would like to believe, that a Package is being worked around SGA + Assets for DD, but honestly I don't think Jerry West wants DD.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#40 » by lebron stopper » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:

2) Draft just finished

Rudy Gay didn't quite pan out into a future star like Jerry West thought he would.

Now Kyle Lowry on the other hand...

Return to Toronto Raptors