ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Re: WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers 

Post#41 » by lebron stopper » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:00 pm

TerryTate wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
TerryTate wrote:Why are guys crying about MLSE and Masai, this thread is about Gilgeous-Alexander....

1) Jerry West isn't an idiot, saw value in him like Masai and got him
2) Draft just finished
3) There is still a week for things to be worked out. - Stop jumping to conclusions and RGM rant about something, we had very little chance in getting a pick.

Aside from not being an idiot; Jerry West is the greatest general manager in league history.

One or both of SGA and Jerome Robinson will become stars. This isn't Jerry's first rodeo.

I would like to believe, that a Package is being worked around SGA + Assets for DD, but honestly I don't think Jerry West wants DD.

I've mentioned this so many times before. Jerry West got Monta Ellis (empty numbers guy) and Blake Griffin (empty numbers guy) shipped out of Golden State and Los Angeles. Anyone who thinks he wants a guy like DeRozan is dreaming.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#42 » by navyblue » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 pm

SGA will not be traded, he didnt workout for anyteam, he held informal workout in LA. He essentially had a promise from LAC to get picked there, and Charlotte saw this and milked a couple of 2nds out of them.

SGA was thier guy this draft and imo they wont be trading him for anyone except Kwahi.
Alpha Mentality
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,102

Post#43 » by Alpha Mentality » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:24 pm

I prefer SGA with the Clippers because he a legit chance to get a lot of minutes right away. He wouldn't play here. I want to see him develop for Canada Basketball.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#44 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Couldn't care less, I like their other pick, Jerome Robinson much more.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#45 » by howlin mad axer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:50 am

Anyone else like the "from Hamilton, Canada" recognition when Gilgeous-Alexander got drafted?
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#46 » by lebron stopper » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:53 am

8axer wrote:Anyone else like the "from Hamilton, Canada" recognition when Gilgeous-Alexander got drafted?

I also loved it when the crowd booed Adam Silver for mentioning the Warriors championship and praising the Warriors organization. :devil:
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#47 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:04 am

Clippers were the big losers on draft night. With the 12th and 13th pick, they didn't get much star value. Not that they were suppose to at the end of the lottery, but the two players they did select were still underwhelming for a team that's lacking talent. They basically got a younger delon wright about 7 spots earlier then where we got delon. MPJ was still on the board, Z.Smith was still there. I'm not madd at SGA, he'll be good. Just underwhelming. SGA and taking a shot at porter would've been better for them.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#48 » by Indeed » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm

What if we are taking Gallinari with Shai and Robinson (+cash to match salary)?
Would the Clippers do this?
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#49 » by Mascot » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Indeed wrote:What if we are taking Gallinari with Shai and Robinson (+cash to match salary)?

For DeRozan this is an ok deal. It lets us stay competitive while having a young prospect.

DeRozan would also welcome it I think. His ex took the kids and moved back to LA after they split.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#50 » by Indeed » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Mascot wrote:
Indeed wrote:What if we are taking Gallinari with Shai and Robinson (+cash to match salary)?

For DeRozan this is an ok deal. It lets us stay competitive while having a young prospect.

DeRozan would also welcome it I think. His ex took the kids and moved back to LA after they split.

What about Clippers? If to get ride of Gallinari contact worth a low pick, while DeRozan worth 2 lottery picks, would it be possible for a DeRozan and Gallinari for the 2 lottery rights, plus Toronto can swap for the next year 1st?
scopy
General Manager
And1: 16,421

Post#51 » by scopy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:39 am

Mascot wrote:

Gallinari is one of the LEAST reliable players in the NBA. He is incredibly injury prone.
In 12 seasons he played 81 games once.

He's missed 441 out of a possible 984 games.
He's only played 55% of his games in his career.
He should be reimbursing teams for 50% of his salary. An absolutely fragile player that is one of the last players in the league that I would like to see on this team.
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#52 » by Indeed » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:03 am

scopy wrote:
Mascot wrote:

Gallinari is one of the LEAST reliable players in the NBA. He is incredibly injury prone.
In 12 seasons he played 81 games once.

He's missed 441 out of a possible 984 games.
He's only played 55% of his games in his career.
He should be reimbursing teams for 50% of his salary. An absolutely fragile player that is one of the last players in the league that I would like to see on this team.

This is what I worried, but I guess if we can dump Carroll with a 1st pick, maybe we can do that next year for getting an extra future draft pick. Besides, do we have minutes for him next season? Probably not, so it is not a bad thing that we put him on the injury list.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#53 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:56 am

I don't think the Clippers deal both of their draftees with Gallinari for DeMar, and I don't think Masai accepts just one of them along with Gallo. It's hard to tell if they'd even be interested in him.
Denisaur9
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Re: RE: Re: WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers 

Post#54 » by Denisaur9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:59 am

bboyskinnylegs wrote:I don't think the Clippers deal both of their draftees with Gallinari for DeMar, and I don't think Masai accepts just one of them along with Gallo.
Harris,Shai and either Beverly or Milos. Raps take that for Derozan.

Sent from my LG-H812 using RealGM mobile app
Indeed
RealGM

Post#55 » by Indeed » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:25 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:I don't think the Clippers deal both of their draftees with Gallinari for DeMar, and I don't think Masai accepts just one of them along with Gallo. It's hard to tell if they'd even be interested in him.

You mean DeRozan does not worth 2 lottery picks? Gallinari would worth a pick for dumping his contract, just like Carroll. Gallinari is definitely worse than Carrol or Ibaka. If they trade Gallinari for Ibaka, I would still ask for Shai, as Gallinari cannot even play at all.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Re: RE: Re: WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers 

Post#56 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Denisaur9 wrote:
bboyskinnylegs wrote:I don't think the Clippers deal both of their draftees with Gallinari for DeMar, and I don't think Masai accepts just one of them along with Gallo.

But there's zero chance the Clippers do that. They're not giving up their tradeable assets and young prospects for a middling star on a bad contract that's quickly approaching 30.

This isn't NBA 2K where opposing teams make every stupid trade you offer them. If we wanted to do that we'd be better off trying to trade with the Kings. :lol:
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
Denisaur9
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: WOJ: Gilgeous-Alexander Traded to Clippers 

Post#57 » by Denisaur9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
Denisaur9 wrote:

But there's zero chance the Clippers do that. They're not giving up their tradeable assets and young prospects for a middling star on a bad contract that's quickly approaching 30.

This isn't NBA 2K where opposing teams make every stupid trade you offer them. If we wanted to do that we'd be better off trying to trade with the Kings.
Middling star? Bad contract? He's a 2nd team all NBA. Guys like Otto Porter,Nic Batum,Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes are making similar money.

I wouldn't put a 2nd team all NBA making 27 million down as a bad contract when most others are going for supermax.

I'm fine with Derozan I also think our system has proven that it excels as team and we had 10 players average 6 ppg or more. I think it's more likely it's Lowry that goes with the development of Wright and FVV but Derozan is the more tradable piece.

Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#58 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Denisaur9 wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
Denisaur9 wrote:Harris,Shai and either Beverly or Milos. Raps take that for Derozan.

This isn't NBA 2K where opposing teams make every stupid trade you offer them. If we wanted to do that we'd be better off trying to trade with the Kings.
Middling star? Bad contract? He's a 2nd team all NBA. Guys like Otto Porter,Nic Batum,Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes are making similar money.

I wouldn't put a 2nd team all NBA making 27 million down as a bad contract when most others are going for supermax.

I'm fine with Derozan I also think our system has proven that it excels as team and we had 10 players average 6 ppg or more. I think it's more likely it's Lowry that goes with the development of Wright and FVV but Derozan is the more tradable piece.

Sure he made 2nd team All-NBA but that doesn't reflect his actual value league wide. That would imply that he's a top 4 guard which we all know he isn't.

Harden, Lillard and Westbrook were all either first or second team as well. Then you've got Curry and Oladipo who are both clearly a step (or 5 steps in Curry's case) ahead of DeMar. The only reason Curry and Paul weren't first and second team is because they both missed large chunks of time this year. Same deal with Kyrie Irving.

So we've got Harden, Lillard, Westbrook, Curry, Oladipo, Paul, Irving. Let's not forget about Mitchell and Simmons who are both arguably better than him as rookies. Then there's Butler, Beal, Wall, Thompson and Lowry who all have legitimate arguments over him as well. DeMar is MAYBE a top 10 guard in the league. He's nowhere near 2nd team caliber. It was just a perfect storm of injuries, and a season for the ages for us.

I love the guy and he's been amazing for this franchise but he really doesn't move the needle all that much. I'm optimistic to see what he can do with a competent coach, but I just don't see a guy who teams are willing to give up assets to acquire. Especially with that contract.

Just to add; an NBA exec said this about him a month ago:

“They’re going to want a draft pick in a package for him, and there aren’t a lot of teams that are going to include possibly good picks or young players for a guy who is kind of a square peg in today’s league. It’s not saying DeRozan doesn’t have value, it’s just that you’d have to adjust your whole offense for him. You can’t just stick him on the Pelicans, for example, because he wouldn’t pair up with Anthony Davis well. There’s too many obstacles.”
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#59 » by lebron stopper » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
Denisaur9 wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:But there's zero chance the Clippers do that. They're not giving up their tradeable assets and young prospects for a middling star on a bad contract that's quickly approaching 30.

Sure he made 2nd team All-NBA but that doesn't reflect his actual value league wide. That would imply that he's a top 4 guard which we all know he isn't.

Harden, Lillard and Westbrook were all either first or second team as well. Then you've got Curry and Oladipo who are both clearly a step (or 5 steps in Curry's case) ahead of DeMar. The only reason Curry and Paul weren't first and second team is because they both missed large chunks of time this year. Same deal with Kyrie Irving.

So we've got Harden, Lillard, Westbrook, Curry, Oladipo, Paul, Irving. Let's not forget about Mitchell and Simmons who are both arguably better than him as rookies. Then there's Butler, Beal, Wall, Thompson and Lowry who all have legitimate arguments over him as well. DeMar is MAYBE a top 10 guard in the league. He's nowhere near 2nd team caliber. It was just a perfect storm of injuries, and a season for the ages for us.

I love the guy and he's been amazing for this franchise but he really doesn't move the needle all that much. I'm optimistic to see what he can do with a competent coach, but I just don't see a guy who teams are willing to give up assets to acquire. Especially with that contract.

I'm hoping Memphis sours on their lottery pick and attaches it to their bad contract in exchange for DeRozan. I don't ever see it happening though so I'm not holding my breath.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#60 » by Whole Truth » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:37 pm

lebron stopper wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
Denisaur9 wrote:Middling star? Bad contract? He's a 2nd team all NBA. Guys like Otto Porter,Nic Batum,Chandler Parsons, Harrison Barnes are making similar money.

I'm hoping Memphis sours on their lottery pick and attaches it to their bad contract in exchange for DeRozan. I don't ever see it happening though so I'm not holding my breath.

Memphis would like to convey their 2019 pick & as late as possible before it becomes unprotected. They want & in a way need to be competitive, Jackson is a raw big that is mainly a defender at this point when Memphis have a need for scoring wing & are about to lose Evans. (Preferably a young proven or NBA ready wing).

I think if Memphis got that young scoring wing that can help them right away, while being able to dump Parsons, they would trade Jackson. Problem is Raptors don't have a young wing they would want.

Ball was out in the news today saying LA would regret trading his son. LA may have tired of that family, that they're willing to part & are actively shopping him.

Derozan for Deng, Ball clears a year & 4m from Derozan's contract.

While Ball is the type facilitator Raptors should be looking for, I don't like the idea of the disruptive antics of his father. Flip Deng, Ball with Norm for Parsons & Jackson. Use the stretch provision on Parsons, sign FVV.

Return to Toronto Raptors