ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2018

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2018 - Season starts TONIGHT 

Post#721 » by bon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 am

Concernedcad wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Concernedcad wrote:Still can't believe the spurs took our worst young prospect.

Norm?

I think Norm is better than Jak.

Jak hasn't been good enough to get playing time and the Spurs don't even have any depth at center.. Not looking good so far. Hopefully he turns it around
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#722 » by Kabookalu » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:18 am

Boogie! wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Demar has had good scoring nights be fore... Idk why people are acting like this is new for him... The guy averaged 27 ppg 2 seasons ago on good efficiency. He always tends to have periods where he looks like he's gonna put it all together, then hell have a stretch where you Wonder why hes getting minutes... T he spurs still got blown out...

I'm also surprised that pop hates Poeltl... He was probably our best pnr defender last year, very smart, moves his feet well, good shotblocker... O offense he has nice touch around basket, good iq... Seems like a perfect big for pops... Weird.

Most Raptors fans thought his game would collapse because Pop would actually hold him "accountable." Instead he's surpassing everyone's expectations, playing solid defense, being efficient, and running the offense.

No, a select group of fans don't think he can function in a system where he isn't a primary ball handler. If pops is still gonna use him that way, then hell still get his numb ers..

And again, hell still have a bunch of games where he's garbage...

We saw this so much in the past... Also we're 2 games in... I mean seriously, he looked like michael jordan for 10 games 2 years ago...

lol it's seriously hard for some Raptors fans to be happy for DeMar. He's playing exactly the way people here wanted him to play like, balancing scoring and distribution, and he's also playing defense, but no, it's "he's gonna fail bro." If he fails then let him fail, but stomping on his success with his new team instead of just giving him his props is petty as hell.
Read on Twitter
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#723 » by Boogie! » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:33 am

Kabookalu wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:
Most Raptors fans thought his game would collapse because Pop would actually hold him "accountable." Instead he's surpassing everyone's expectations, playing solid defense, being efficient, and running the offense.

No, a select group of fans don't think he can function in a system where he isn't a primary ball handler. If pops is still gonna use him that way, then hell still get his numb ers..

We saw this so much in the past... Also we're 2 games in... I mean seriously, he looked like michael jordan for 10 games 2 years ago...

lol it's seriously hard for some Raptors fans to be happy for DeMar. He's playing exactly the way people here wanted him to play like, balancing scoring and distribution, and he's also playing defense, but no, it's "he's gonna fail bro." If he fails then let him fail, but stomping on his success with his new team instead of just giving him his props is petty as hell.

Props for playing like he always has? I don't get it... The guy was always a productive player... But he needed to be traded for 3 reasons... His game didn't translate to the playoffs, he was barely a positive on the court, and his defense was atrocious here and despite him putting up good numbers, it didn't necessarily make our team better...

Yet here you are trying to prove how great demar is after he puts up great numbers in a blowout loss... Seriously, if you wanna support him that's great but Idk why your argument is based on a game that is pretty much the epitome of demars career. I mean it's 2 games into the season... What are you gonna say when he has a bad stretch?

I'm a raptors fan. I want the raptors to win. Because of this I'm happy we kept Lowry, I'm happy we traded for Kawhi and Green. This makes us better than we ever were with demar. I wanted him off the team because despite his numbers his game would alwaya hold us back from being a contender and not he's someone else's problem... I have no idea why you would expect me to change my tune... I love this team now. For once I actually believe in our potential. The only reason what you're saying bothers me isxbecause it's like you're somehow trying to prove that Demar is flak great and hexwasnt a problem here. He's always gonna put up numbers. Whatever team he's on isn't gonna be a contender while he's doing it. Idk why people are so obsessed with trying to defend him. There's so many other playerscincthe league that put up numbers that I could care less about having on this team. There are so many other players in the history of the game and around the league that this fanbas **** on because just like demar they are one dimensional and don't help winning. Yet here we are two games into the season, after a just got one of the best players in the league, still trying to defend demar even when he's on another team. I mean come on. No one said he couldn't play. But I'm glad we have kawhi.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#724 » by The Flying Gent » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:39 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#725 » by Kabookalu » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:01 am

Boogie! wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

Props for playing like he always has? I don't get it... The guy was always a productive player... But he needed to be traded for 3 reasons... His game didn't translate to the playoffs, he was barely a positive on the court, and his defense was atrocious here and despite him putting up good numbers, it didn't necessarily make our team better...

Yet here you are trying to prove how great demar is after he puts up great numbers in a blowout loss... Seriously, if you wanna support him that's great but Idk why your argument is based on a game that is pretty much the epitome of demars career. I mean it's 2 games into the season... What are you gonna say when he has a bad stretch?

I'm a raptors fan. I want the raptors to win. Because of this I'm happy we kept Lowry, I'm happy we traded for Kawhi and Green. This makes us better than we ever were with demar. I wanted him off the team because despite his numbers his game would alwaya hold us back from being a contender and not he's someone else's problem... I have no idea why you would expect me to change my tune... I love this team now. For once I actually believe in our potential. The only reason what you're saying bothers me isxbecause it's like you're somehow trying to prove that Demar is flak great and hexwasnt a problem here. He's always gonna put up numbers. Whatever team he's on isn't gonna be a contender while he's doing it. Idk why people are so obsessed with trying to defend him. There's so many other playerscincthe league that put up numbers that I could care less about having on this team. There are so many other players in the history of the game and around the league that this fanbas **** on because just like demar they are one dimensional and don't help winning. Yet here we are two games into the season, after a just got one of the best players in the league, still trying to defend demar even when he's on another team. I mean come on. No one said he couldn't play. But I'm glad we have kawhi.

What the hell are you even talking about now? You're implying that I'm not happy we traded for a legit superstar, a former finals MVP, a top 3 MVP candidate in his last healthy season? I was ecstatic as hell when we only gave up DeMar and Poeltl for Kawhi. That has NOTHING to do with this. Me being a Raptors fan has nothing to do with being happy that DeMar, a guy who developed his game from the ground up, the only drafted star in this history that's actually wanted to stay here, is adjusting well to his new situation. It has everything to do with DeMar playing well for San Antonio. If you think 28 points on good efficiency and 9 assists to go along with really solid defense is the epitome of a DeMar game, I'd like to know what DeMar you were watching.

He's had 12 games where he put up 9 or more assists. In only 4 of them he shot over .500%. In only 1 of them he scored more than 28 points. On top of it all his defense is solid. This is not the "epitome" of a DeRozan game, so really you can stop rattling off on that falsity.

You have such a problem with anyone acknowledging DeMar in a positive light. All I did was make a tongue in cheek comment that Casey held DeMar back after a great night for him. You threw such a hissy fit and got into one of your typical hot headed blocks of paragraph nonsense over it. You keep going off topic trying to explain away why DeMar will fail and why his night should never be acknowledged, even going as far as saying that the only reason he did so is because Poppovich is treating him the same way that Casey did. It's pretty pathetic. All I did was recognize that DeMar had a great night. In their game against Minnesota I gave Rudy Gay props because I thought he had a great night, and I absolutely LOATHED Gay when he was here. It doesn't matter if he'll fail in the future and shoot .300% the rest of the year. Tonight he had a great night. And you're doing everything to try and twist that around in a negative way.

Read on Twitter
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#726 » by Bankai » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Demar lost his Raptor powerup against the Blazers and thats why he lost. :(
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#727 » by shmoosicle » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:59 pm

I was watching that Spurs game last night and Poeltl was looking kind of lost, I hope they involve him more in the offense or something because we saw how good a player he can be.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,669

Post#728 » by ___Rand___ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:

Nah man, you're wrong. I bet you most of us are happy for DeMar that he's already a much better player than he was here because of superior COACHING. He had it in him, we all knew, Casey FAILED. Period.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#729 » by ___Rand___ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 pm

shmoosicle wrote:I was watching that Spurs game last night and Poeltl was looking kind of lost, I hope they involve him more in the offense or something because we saw how good a player he can be.

Yeah Jak lost his confidence. I don't know what's happened out there. I know like first game Pop started him against KAT for GOD knows why. and pulled him 4 minutes in. Jak never had the physical tool to play against KAT. Why put him out there.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#730 » by ___Rand___ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Oh man, I missed this brawl last night! I stayed up till 3rd quarter watching two games at the same time, then went to bed and MISSED THIS!!! This was a hockey fight. Score was close at that point, and then Rockets took the game from Lakers.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,154

Post#731 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm

shmoosicle wrote:I was watching that Spurs game last night and Poeltl was looking kind of lost, I hope they involve him more in the offense or something because we saw how good a player he can be.

We have the guards that SA don’t have. We have play makers everywhere in the roster. SA does not. Poeltl is not a great player by himself and is just a system player at the moment.

He’ll do well when his teammates set him up for success but if they aren’t, Poeltl is not that good individually, right now.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Post#732 » by kai_bouche » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:

Who’s DeMar?
Go Raps!
TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,762

Post#733 » by TrustFundBaby » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:45 pm

VC720 wrote:He is still the same old mid range shooting no defense playing guy he always was. As long as those two factors are the same idc what point totals he puts up.

I just saw the Boxscore, I saw 28 pts with 9 assists, 50% FG, so I thought it looked good

Then I saw his -12

Classic DD
fedord
Sixth Man
And1: 1,414

Post#734 » by fedord » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:13 pm

LMAO @ fans and CREDIBLE NBA Analysts who said before the season started that the Lakers would finish 3rd or 4th in the West! That place is an absolute dumpster fire! Not even His Royal Majesty can drag that sorry bunch of rejects, headcases and burnouts to the playoffs. At least in Cleveland he had a reliable 2nd option in Love and a bunch of VERY GOOD 3pt shooters who could take advantage of his amazing playmaking skills by getting open and knocking down timely 3s. He has none of those things in LA. I truly hope the Lakers dont make the playoffs so Lebron can look like a complete idiot for joining that Circus show in the first place. Let him finally know what losing and mediocrity feel like.

Also hope that after the Lakers dont make the playoffs no superstar will want to go there and Lebron is stuck in No mans land for the rest of his career.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#735 » by Vlade Divac » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:59 pm

As a certified DD “hater” (when he was in Raptors uniform), I am happy and a bit surprised how well he performed in first two game as a Spur. I do wish him the best!
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#736 » by Raptors_128 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:11 pm

bon wrote:
Concernedcad wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Norm?

I think Norm is better than Jak.

Jak hasn't been good enough to get playing time and the Spurs don't even have any depth at center.. Not looking good so far. Hopefully he turns it around

Jak is a guy that plays well when his confidence is high. We saw this in the playoffs, he was horrible in the playoffs and you could tell he lacked confidence in his game.

This is why I understand when guys don't want to play for the Spurs. Pop is the best coach in the NBA hands down but, his coaching style is only suitable for guys that are mentally strong. If you make a mistake, you get yelled at and benched. You aren't allowed to play through your mistakes. If you're young, you're not going to get minutes. To be honest I would hate to play for the Spurs, I would be so miserable.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#737 » by Bankai » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:06 pm

I just watched the Lakers vs Blazers replay on NBATV and Marv Albert mentions Nik Stauskas as the "Pride of Etobicoke in Canada" and Chris Webber says "Etobicoke? Yea I go there all the time, its my people up there." :lol: I was like "did I hear that right?" LOL We made it.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#738 » by Kabookalu » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 pm

___Rand___ wrote:

Yeah Jak lost his confidence. I don't know what's happened out there. I know like first game Pop started him against KAT for GOD knows why. and pulled him 4 minutes in. Jak never had the physical tool to play against KAT. Why put him out there.

Jakob has trouble guarding centers. It was true here, it's the same there. Every time he had to guard even someone like Montrezl Harrell he looked like he didn't belong in the league. Pop wants Jakob to play the way Jonas does here, commanding space on the inside, and it's failing badly.

Read on Twitter
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#739 » by ___Rand___ » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Kabookalu wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Jakob has trouble guarding centers. It was true here, it's the same there. Every time he had to guard even someone like Montrezl Harrell he looked like he didn't belong in the league. Pop wants Jakob to play the way Jonas does here, commanding space on the inside, and it's failing badly.

Yeah Jak isn't built for that. He's a skinny center who's quick on his feet, and at this point without the physical frame he's a bench center at best. If it doesn't work out for him there I hope we can rebuild him.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#740 » by Kabookalu » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:03 am

Holy christ Trae Young is like some freak hybrid of Stephen Curry and Steve Nash. The one big deficiency in his game right now imo is his finishing ability. It's normal for most players, but what made Curry and Nash so deadly is their elite finishing around the rim. Young isn't there yet, but if he ever does, good god watch out NBA.

Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors