ImageImageImageImageImage

Windhorst: Raptors "In the Driving Seat" for Kawhi Leonard (*Update PG 79)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Re: Windhorst: Raptors interest in Kawhi "Something to Monitor" 

Post#321 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:58 am

All this talk has definitely increased Kawhi’s price and forcing philly to include Fultz
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,495
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#322 » by SharoneWright » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:04 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
KRANG wrote:First we evaluate
Then we monitor
So what's next? Assess, review, configure?

Analyze

Profit
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#323 » by Courtside » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:OG is a potential stud 3 and D player who is the only one who showed some balls against Lebron. If we are giving up OG, Demar shouldnt be going the other way as well. Give them JV or Ibaka , but to give them a top 10 player along with OG for just one year of Kawhi is insane. If Kawhi agrees to an extension then the trade is fair, but to have no clue if he would even be interested in resigning, is just ludacris to make this kind of trade.

Umm... Kawhi is the top 10 player here. Demar would be lucky to crack top 40 considering his constant vanishing act in the playoffs. He needs a next level coach like Pop to help him get over that mental hurdle (because it ain't happening here), while we make a one time Finals run with the guy coming the other way. It's a win-win.
diamondsfinest
Pro Prospect
And1: 791

Post#324 » by diamondsfinest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:12 am

SharoneWright wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
KRANG wrote:First we evaluate
Then we monitor
So what's next? Assess, review, configure?

Analyze

Profit

Step 1 take underwear
Step 2 ??????
Step 3 PROFIT
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,726

Post#325 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 am

;feature=share

Man comes up big in the playoffs you guys forget
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#326 » by raptor jesus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:37 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:;feature=share

Man comes up big in the playoffs you guys forget

SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#327 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 am

Courtside wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:OG is a potential stud 3 and D player who is the only one who showed some balls against Lebron. If we are giving up OG, Demar shouldnt be going the other way as well. Give them JV or Ibaka , but to give them a top 10 player along with OG for just one year of Kawhi is insane. If Kawhi agrees to an extension then the trade is fair, but to have no clue if he would even be interested in resigning, is just ludacris to make this kind of trade.

Umm... Kawhi is the top 10 player here. Demar would be lucky to crack top 40 considering his constant vanishing act in the playoffs. He needs a next level coach like Pop to help him get over that mental hurdle (because it ain't happening here), while we make a one time Finals run with the guy coming the other way. It's a win-win.

First three months of the season he was in MVP conversations and you all were riding his nuts. The whole team failed against the Cavs and now hes not one of the top players in the league. You spew this one time finals run as a foregone conclusion. Even with just Kawhi, Lowry and JV we could just as easily lose to boston in a seven game series and get spanked by GS in the finals. After which Kawhi promtly leaves.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#328 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:41 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,185

Post#329 » by Tofubeque » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:47 am

Just caught up to the DD/OG/Poeltl rumor. I want Derozan gone anyway so I'm down with that part of the deal. But losing OG and Poeltl would sting for sure, and the success of the deal would completely depend on whether Kawhi re-signs.

I think the future production of OG and Poeltl is being underestimated. If the Raptors rebuild in 2020, they're easily the 2 most palatable rebuilding pieces the Raptors own, including draft picks. 20 and 22, already strong defenders, lottery talents, high floors. If you can win a championship in 1 year by trading them you do it, but is that even realistic? Kawhi Raptors winning the Finals with 1 year together, Kawhi's free agency hanging over the team, and the Warriors still in their prime?

If Kawhi left it would be completely back to square 1 for the Raptors. A lameduck Lowry and Valanciunas the best remaining players, a reduced chance at any FAs like Giannis, and a front office that doesn't believe in tanking anyway.
props Turbozone
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#330 » by Wasp » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am

Masai is patient: "Evaluating hurr durr", "trust fund baby", "All he cares about is making MLSE money", "DeMar and Kyle won't lead this team anywhere"

Masai rumoured to make a big deal: "Way too much to give up!", "All for a 1 year rental, he' crazy", "DeMar is a Top 10 player", "OG will be an All-Star"

I swear, we could land AD for JV + Siakim and people would be complaining about how much we gave up and that he'll never stay...
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#331 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:30 am

The one constant thing in this is how illogical it's be to give up BOTH DeRozan and OG for Kwahi.

Imo it's one or the other. You can't give up our second or so first best player and our best prospect too for a year rental.

Regardless of what I heard, that's just crazy.

It's either Lowry and OG + dead salary or Demar and no prospects maybe Delon or Siakim.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#332 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 am

TheBoi10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

How reliable is the last guy
Read
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#333 » by Raps Militia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

How reliable is the last guy

We don't know, but when the bookmakers lower the odds so much, and rumors come from both Toronto and San Antonio, I start to believe that there is a lot of concrete.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,490

Post#334 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:19 am

While I think a deal doesn't happen without OG, I could see both front offices *maybe* agreeing to do this without DeMar. OG+Yak+Delon+Norm for Kawhi (+ any minimum contracts required). If Norm is a deal-breaker, maybe swap in CJ+Malachi instead of him (though roster spots could then become an issue for the Spurs). Masai hops off the fence to upgrade the core at the expense of most of our young prospects. Spurs save money and get some solid young players to work with. Team is good enough to win the East and for Kawhi to consider re-upping with imo.

Lowry/FVV
DD/Malachi
Kawhi/CJ
Ibaka/Pascal
JV/(Bebe? Len?)
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#335 » by RonaldArtest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 am

I pray I'm wrong but it's going to suck if we lose 2 of OG/Yak/Skills for 1 year of Kawhi. Masai and company had better be confident that he's at LEAST willing to give his everything for that one season. At this point I don't think so, and I certainly don't see him signing here long term. If he re-injures himself playing for us next year it's going to really jeopardize his plan to go to LA and a max deal, and don't tell me his camp isn't preaching that fact to Kawhi. Guys like the 3 raps I mentioned aren't superstars obviously, but all 3 can be high end rotation pieces who fill roles. And in the spurs system all 3 would look great and continue to improve.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,867

Post#336 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

diamondsfinest wrote:
The Answer! wrote:So, picks and 2 of the players he previously mentioned are involved?! Funny, since he only referred to one draft pick before heading our way. :laugh:

im guessing we threw in a 2nd that wasn't mentioned. or he's full of it. But San Antonio guys have mentioned it too.

It makes sense, Spurs want him in the east, Philly doesn't have the depth in talent to exchange for Leonard for what the Spurs want.

It can't just be Leonard as Derozan alone makes more, it must include Green or Gasol or someone. I think it's just making it all work at this point. Either way, the Spurs seem high on OG, Siakam and Poeltl which is good for us because in Return for Leonard, we could afford to lose any 2 of the 3 plus Lowry and Derozan.

So there is legs there at least.

If this trade were to happen the window shrinks by a year worst case but likely scenario. So then how can we afford to lose two the three bench mob you listed? Answer is we cannot afford to lose any of Delon, Poetl, Siakam or OG for a one year HailMary of Bron Going West. Ujiri says all the time that he has to plan for the future not just this season or these playoffs. The only way Derozan, Poetl and OG all go to SA is if Leonard is willing to re-sign and if that were the case we would also send out picks.
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,391

Post#337 » by Sakkreth » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 am

I believe that Kawhi is second most impactful player in the league. DeRozan, OG, Poeltl for Kawhi and a pick is a good deal, it stings to lose OG, but you can't expect to give up nothing to get Kawhi in a trade, you don't get to choose much either, they will just trade with someone else. SA would laugh their asses off at such trade proposal if Kawhi didn't want out. It's an opportunity.
Double Bubble
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#338 » by Double Bubble » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 am

Courtside wrote:

Agree but would argue demars struggles in the playoffs are not that he's inherently a mental midget but rather Casey is. Has absolutely no business being a head coach.

I suppose being shut down so easily would impact his mindset. Remember Bosh got locked down in the playoffs as well when he was with us, so yes a competent coach definitely is the solution for him.

Debo is all nba some of yall need to realize that. This is why Toronto doesn't deserve a winner they always pray on their own, fans and media
Rappid
Junior
And1: 453

Post#339 » by Rappid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 am

Sakkreth wrote:I believe that Kawhi is second most impactful player in the league. DeRozan, OG, Poeltl for Kawhi and a pick is a good deal, it stings to lose OG, but you can't expect to give up nothing to get Kawhi in a trade, you don't get to choose much either, they will just trade with someone else. SA would laugh their asses off at such trade proposal if Kawhi didn't want out. It's an opportunity.

Kawhi's not the second most impactful player. Depending on health, maybe not even the 10th, he's great dont get me wrong but..
I agree the package is worth giving up for. IF DeRozan, OG, Poeltl and some protected pick is what it takes - do it.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#340 » by Topher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:51 am

TheAlchemist wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:This is why these nobodies tweet that they have "sources" about Raptors trades.

You've all fell for the bait.

There's a pretty obvious rule when it comes to basketball rumors. If it doesn't come from the legit media that actually have sources like Woj, Shams, to a lesser extent Marc Stein, don't believe it. All you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment and giving these nobodies clicks

Although I do admit my friend is a nobody, and even I don't think this deal will come through (we're over paying),

It has been confirmed by Windhorst, some other reporters and touched upon by guys like Zach Lowe as well.

The teams are definitely talking.

Lol Windhorst and Lowe didn’t confirm anything your buddy is saying. Wake up.

Return to Toronto Raptors