ImageImageImageImageImage

Team Canada Basketball Thread V2.0

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,338

Re: Team Canada Basketball Thread V2.0 

Post#3721 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri Jan 8, 2021 3:27 pm

mojo13 wrote:Mfiondu Kabengele will be a UFA at the end of the season.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

At first glance it would seem that the Clippers were a good landing spot for Kabengele because of their need for big man depth. However, they're clearly a "win now" team that seems to have little interest in giving a young player time to make mistakes and try to develop. I still think the guy has a future in the NBA somewhere. He has a few very translatable skills, he just needs to learn the game and get better across the board. Hopefully he and his agents make it their priority to get him to a team next year that will help his development and allow him court time to improve.
TrueNorth31
Senior
And1: 356

Post#3722 » by TrueNorth31 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:09 pm

The Kabengele situation is very odd. Obviously they are down on him ( remember they didn't even take him to the bubble last year )
Here's what Hollinger said about the situation.

"Kabengele’s case was the brow-raiser, however, as he is coming off his rookie season and his potential salary hit ($2,174,880) was quite low. The Clips would have had to be pretty convinced he wasn’t any kind of answer to make a move like this.

It’s surprising because his track record wasn’t so awful that you’d automatically hit eject after one year. He had a respectable G League season (20.4 PER) in 27 games, one where he showed some stretch big potential (53 made 3s). His limited NBA minutes, between preseason and NBA, haven’t been overtly awful. While his limited feel is an obstacle and there are some medical questions about his knees, this was a known quantity coming into the 2019 draft and the Clippers gave up a future first to get him.

Should they change their minds and want to bring him back, the Clippers are forbidden from offering Kabengele more than that $2,174,880 option amount this offseason. With a good year, he can become a poaching target for another squad trying to develop a young big."

https://theathletic.com/2300715/2021/01/04/cavs-defense-jimmy-butler-heat-patrick-williams-bulls-corey-kispert-nba-draft-gonzaga/

My take is that the Clippers aren't a great fit for somebody who's as raw as Kabengele and is a bit of a late bloomer ( he hardly started in college and is a guy who had a late growth spurt ). I watched him quite closely in pre season, his body looks a little soft and he doesn't have a great feel for setting screens and being in the right spot, but he does many things a modern post should do. He's a good 3 - point shooter and shot blocker ( he blocked Rudy Gobert twice in a row in the game I watched ) . His mobility despite his relative girth is surprisingly okay. I just think the Clippers are a terrible fit for somebody so raw - they have a crazy demanding owner, its NBA finals or bust and a well documented veteran roster with lots of chemistry issues.

I don't think he's going to be a star. but he certainly has modern NBA post rotation ability if given the proper time and opportunity. This is a guy the Raptors should be all over given their current post situation.
Kenter16
Junior
And1: 91

Post#3723 » by Kenter16 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:41 pm

TrueNorth31 wrote:The Kabengele situation is very odd. Obviously they are down on him ( remember they didn't even take him to the bubble last year )
Here's what Hollinger said about the situation.

"Kabengele’s case was the brow-raiser, however, as he is coming off his rookie season and his potential salary hit ($2,174,880) was quite low. The Clips would have had to be pretty convinced he wasn’t any kind of answer to make a move like this.

It’s surprising because his track record wasn’t so awful that you’d automatically hit eject after one year. He had a respectable G League season (20.4 PER) in 27 games, one where he showed some stretch big potential (53 made 3s). His limited NBA minutes, between preseason and NBA, haven’t been overtly awful. While his limited feel is an obstacle and there are some medical questions about his knees, this was a known quantity coming into the 2019 draft and the Clippers gave up a future first to get him.

Should they change their minds and want to bring him back, the Clippers are forbidden from offering Kabengele more than that $2,174,880 option amount this offseason. With a good year, he can become a poaching target for another squad trying to develop a young big."

https://theathletic.com/2300715/2021/01/04/cavs-defense-jimmy-butler-heat-patrick-williams-bulls-corey-kispert-nba-draft-gonzaga/

My take is that the Clippers aren't a great fit for somebody who's as raw as Kabengele and is a bit of a late bloomer ( he hardly started in college and is a guy who had a late growth spurt ). I watched him quite closely in pre season, his body looks a little soft and he doesn't have a great feel for setting screens and being in the right spot, but he does many things a modern post should do. He's a good 3 - point shooter and shot blocker ( he blocked Rudy Gobert twice in a row in the game I watched ) . His mobility despite his relative girth is surprisingly okay. I just think the Clippers are a terrible fit for somebody so raw - they have a crazy demanding owner, its NBA finals our bust and a well documented veteran roster with lots of chemistry issues.

I don't think he's going to be a star. but he certainly has modern NBA post rotation ability if given the proper time and opportunity. This is a guy the Raptors should be all over given their current post situation.
I echo the fact that the Raptors should be all over him. I would imagine they could trade for him right now for very little, a future 2nd maybe. Raptors bigs have been so bad they could definitely find him some playing time. Also with their record of development, it would be mutually beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
Hair Canada
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,484

Post#3724 » by Hair Canada » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:27 pm

I know this discussion is all over this board. But I don't think it's been said enough on this Team Canada thread:

How great has Chris Boucher been?!

* In only 21 minutes a game, he's 3rd in the league in blocks!
* He's also 3rd in the league in PER (!), behind only Morant (3 games) and Jokic.
* His per-36 numbers per game are 26 points, 10 rebounds, and 4.5 blocks.
* His current true shooting is 68%.
* And, as a bonus, he's also a fun player to watch. a bundle of energy on the court, swatting anything in site, disrupting plays, and crashing the offensive boards.

For all I care, Raptors fans can continue to debate over his weight (if only he had 20 more pounds...), wonder if the Raptors overpaid for him (I swear I saw this multiple times), and contemplate whether he or Alex Len (Alex Len!) should start.

But how exciting would it be to have him playing like this for Team Canada? I'm pretty sure the NT head coach is somewhere taking notes.
“If every basketball player worked as hard as I did, I’d be out of a job.”
— Steve Nash
mojo13
Veteran
And1: 1,880

Post#3725 » by mojo13 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Hair Canada wrote:I know this discussion is all over this board. But I don't think it's been said enough on this Team Canada thread:

How great has Chris Boucher been?!

* In only 21 minutes a game, he's 3rd in the league in blocks!
* He's also 3rd in the league in PER (!), behind only Morant (3 games) and Jokic.
* His per-36 numbers per game are 26 points, 10 rebounds, and 4.5 blocks.
* His current true shooting is 68%.
* And, as a bonus, he's also a fun player to watch. a bundle of energy on the court, swatting anything in site, disrupting plays, and crashing the offensive boards.

For all I care, Raptors fans can continue to debate over his weight (if only he had 20 more pounds...), wonder if the Raptors overpaid for him (I swear I saw this multiple times), and contemplate whether he or Alex Len (Alex Len!) should start.

But how exciting would it be to have him playing like this for Team Canada? I'm pretty sure the NT head coach is somewhere taking notes.

He's been making me quit excited as well. He really fills some huge holes for Team Canada's frontcourt too.
The only decent rim protector we have is Khem Birch (Alexander and Kabengele perhaps) and really the only reliable three point shooting big right now is KO (yeah...Ejim, Clarke as PFs I suppose). Further assuming KO, Birch and Kabengele could be out this summer as FA, then Boucher becomes a very key piece (bench or starter).

I do recall him playing against a large lumbering, crappy Chinese center in the Pacific Rim classic in Victoria and he was very easily shoved around and was terrible defending the paint (outside of the odd block). Since FIBA is much more forgiving with the physicality this is a significant concern if we were relying on Boucher as a primary paint defender. But he gives us plenty more versatility as another big that can play alongside Thompson, Birch or Powell. With KO likely out - Boucher could be huge for Team Canada.
mojo13
Veteran

Post#3726 » by mojo13 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm

G-League draft was today and here the CanCon:

- Oshae Brissett drafted in the early second round by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (Pacers)
- XRM goes undrafted and remains in the avaialbe player pool.
- Simi Shittu wasn't not in the draft for some reason but there are early unconfirmed reports he has signed with the Westchester Knicks.
- Nik Stauskas previously singed with he 905 was a veteran player.

I think that's it....

Not sure if I mentioned Shayok signed in Turkey last week. Kyle Alexander a few weeks back in Spain - not sure if there was anyone else floating around NBA camps in pre-season or is that it?
Nothing out there on Lindell Wigginton or Justin Jackson who were supposedly working out with clubs in the offseason. Nor on Anthony Bennett, who the Clippers supposedly still hold his G League rights.
Hair Canada
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,484

Post#3727 » by Hair Canada » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:44 am

RJ Barrett against Indiana (2 games): 7 of 8 from 3.
Barrett against any other team: 2 of 42 (!) from 3.

His 3-point shooting just fell off a cliff. Tonight he had a couple of completely open looks. They were not even close. One of them from the corner was an airball that managed to be both long and wide. But what can he do? He has to keep shooting them or he'll become a smaller less-talented Ben Simmons. This is definitely hurting the Knicks though.

And it's too bad because he's actually improved some aspects of his game. 7.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game are good numbers, ternding up. And his defense also looks much better. If he can only get the 3-points shooting back, even to what it was last year... He would be scoring 20 points per game and everything would look different, opening up his driving and passing lanes.
“If every basketball player worked as hard as I did, I’d be out of a job.”
— Steve Nash
Kenter16
Junior

Post#3728 » by Kenter16 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:48 pm

NAW goes off last night!
His first start of the season - 37p/8r/1a/1 steal and only 1 turn over
His only start of last season - 29p/1r/7a/1 steal

I am not an expert, but maybe they should start him more!
I really hope we see him in Victoria this summer.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,338

Post#3729 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Kenter16 wrote:NAW goes off last night!
His first start of the season - 37p/8r/1a/1 steal and only 1 turn over
His only start of last season - 29p/1r/7a/1 steal

I am not an expert, but maybe they should start him more!
I really hope we see him in Victoria this summer.

He's been really inconsistent so far in his NBA career (particularly with his shooting), but it's hard to tell if that's partly because he hasn't had consistent minutes to get into a rhythm, or if his minutes are inconsistent because he hasn't been reliable. Probably a bit of both. The New Orleans roster seems a little more cleared at his position for him to get minutes this year though, so hopefully he'll keep improving and impress.

I actually think he's the natural long term answer for that team at the SG spot. Reddick is getting older, and NAW seems like he would be a good complement to the other core members of that starting lineup - Zion, Ingram, and Lonzo. I wouldn't be surprised if that's his permanent role as soon as next year. For now though, we'll just have to enjoy these flashes whenever he gets a chance to play significant minutes.

As for whether or not he'll be on the National Team, right now NO is at 4-6 and the West is really tough, so unless they get into the playoffs through the play-in games, I think there's a good chance he'll be available. He'd be a good answer to fill in for someone like Murray, who will likely still be playing deep into the playoffs.
mojo13
Veteran

Post#3730 » by mojo13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Reports stating Canada will playing in the next FIBA AmeriCup Qualifier window (Feb17-21). Held in a "bubble" in PR, where Canada will play 4 games. The two regularly scheduled games vs USVI & Cuba as well as the two make-up games from Nov. when Canada did not travel to DR.

Report in Spanish here:
https://saltoalcentro.wordpress.com/2021/01/09/republica-dominicana-jugara-tercera-ventana-clasificatoria-copa-america-2022-en-puerto-rico/

Also seeing 4 games scheduled for Canada on the FIBA site:
http://www.fiba.basketball/americup/2022/qualifiers/games
TrueNorth31
Senior

Post#3731 » by TrueNorth31 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:36 pm

mojo13 wrote:Reports stating Canada will playing in the next FIBA AmeriCup Qualifier window (Feb17-21). Held in a "bubble" in PR, where Canada will play 4 games. The two regularly scheduled games vs USVI & Cuba as well as the two make-up games from Nov. when Canada did not travel to DR.

Report in Spanish here:
https://saltoalcentro.wordpress.com/2021/01/09/republica-dominicana-jugara-tercera-ventana-clasificatoria-copa-america-2022-en-puerto-rico/

Nice find, hopefully since FIBA has been quite accommodating to us , we go and don't screw this up. I imagine a bubble in P.R. is a little bit safer than one in the D.R.

I've heard through the grapevine , that they've reached out to some prominent U sports players. Between them , and pro guys who didn't go to Europe hopefully we'd have an adequate team.
TrueNorth31
Senior

Post#3732 » by TrueNorth31 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:38 pm

Some more love for Boucher from Zach Lowe ( as a workaround you can access Australia ESPN as the American one has been banned in Canada / China ) .

4. Cuttin' Chris Boucher
Boucher has been one of the bright spots in the Tampa Drakes' dreary start. He's averaging 15 points on 59% shooting, including 47% from deep.

He is doing all the stuff you'd expect, including flying from nowhere to contest 3-pointers. It must be unnerving to see Boucher and his elastic arms invading your airspace as you rise up. Boucher has blocked six triples in 11 games, per Second Spectrum. Matisse Thybulle led all players with 21 3-point rejections last season. Mitchell Robinson has the highest single-season total -- 24 -- since the introduction of tracking data in 2013. Draymond Green has the most (76) in that span. Boucher is on pace to block 39 3-pointers in 72 games!

It is very hard to score against Toronto with Boucher, Kyle Lowry, OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam on the floor. The Raps have allowed just 103.7 points per 100 possessions with that quartet on the floor -- a tick stingier than the Lakers' top-ranked defense, per NBA.com. Toronto has needed every stop given its woes on the other end.

He also talks about Dort.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/insider/story/_/id/30710857/ten-nba-things-like-including-awesome-lakers
Kenter16
Junior

Post#3733 » by Kenter16 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:09 pm

mojo13 wrote:Reports stating Canada will playing in the next FIBA AmeriCup Qualifier window (Feb17-21). Held in a "bubble" in PR, where Canada will play 4 games. The two regularly scheduled games vs USVI & Cuba as well as the two make-up games from Nov. when Canada did not travel to DR.

Report in Spanish here:

Anybody have predictions on what the roster will look like?

G League bubble starts February 8th, so anyone good enough to be in the bubble is out. Side note, that includes Justin Jackson who is listed on the Lakeland roster.

Are the Euro's going to be available?
Has anybody heard anything about Anthony Bennett? Maybe he is an option.
mojo13
Veteran

Post#3734 » by mojo13 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:51 pm

Kenter16 wrote:

Report in Spanish here:

Anybody have predictions on what the roster will look like?

G League bubble starts February 8th, so anyone good enough to be in the bubble is out. Side note, that includes Justin Jackson who is listed on the Lakeland roster.

Are the Euro's going to be available?
Has anybody heard anything about Anthony Bennett? Maybe he is an option.

Obviously tough to make prediction considering the circumstances but the last window should give some insights.
Many of the better Americas teams seemed to assess the level of competition and the need (or lack of need) to win games and just went with a group of domestic players. Brazil and Argentina in particular did this rather than calling on their overseas players. And although some other nations don't have too many Euro pros to call on, some overseas players did show up for other nations. Not near a full turn out, but a decent amount considering.

In Europe, probably because of the relative lack of travel, much deeper pools to draw on and relatively higher seriousness of the qualification process they assembled much more competitive teams. Maybe not all (non-NBA) hands on deck but still very good teams full of EuroLeague players.

So for Canada we really could see anything. There is sort of a "must win" component here. Albeit we only need maybe two games (of 4) against USVI and Cuba. Send a team full of CIS and out of work domestic players could be risky (coin toss if they could get it done). Who is still local of a decent caliber? Duane Notice is hurt. Anthony Bennet is MIA, Tyler Ennis is hurt. Xavier Rathan Mayes perhaps? Kadre Grey, Jordan Baker, Adika Peter McNeilly, Owen Klassen, Manny Diressa, Kyle Landry, Junior Cadugan? Those might be some names not in Europe right now (I think!) that are SMNT caliber and experienced.

But I think we will still see some European SMNT regulars show up. I always think the FIBA affiliated BCL clubs are more supportive (actually encourage players to play) so maybe we see a couple of them. Phil Scrubb, Kyle Wiltjer, Doornekamp. Maybe Dylan Ennis finally gets his shot?

After that I's assume they try to go after guys experienced with the SMNT first (T Scrubb, Ejim, Robertson, Bell-Haynes, ,Keane, McIntosh, Morgan, Best or new guys who could help in Victoria that need some experience (Kyle Alexander or Marial Shayok would be nice but it might be too early for those guys to leave their clubs). Doubt we see EuroLeague guys in Pangos and Pierre.

Point is there are just so many names to draw on and we wouldn't need much. For example just get a Kassius Robertson, Conor Morgan, Trae Bell-Haynes and Phil Scrubb and we are putting out players way better than what USVI or Cuba could floor.

So I'd expect a handful of the regular names that are currently playing in Europe along with some from my "unemployed former SMNT member list" and probably a few first timers from the CEBL/CIS ranks. I'm guessing at least 1 or 2 guys that I've hardly ever heard of.
TrueNorth31
Senior

Post#3735 » by TrueNorth31 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 pm

I don't know Mojo so many logistical hurdles with inter country travel . We live in very odd uncharted times. According to our federal government here in Canada you need to have a negative covid test before boarding a flight to Canada, be a Canadian citizen and then plan to quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

I know most non Euro League teams will shut down play during the Fiba window process , but I don't think they'll shut down for 21 plus days to accommodate quarantining. Then there's the issue if can you even practice as a group together in Canada ? In most Provinces you simply can't. Then there's the question will Europeans allow Canadians back into the country after travelling outside the EU and do they have to quarantine on their return ? What are the rules of direct entry into the USA from Europe ? The hurdles are just so many I don't see European pros being able to compete. What a bloody mess....

I think what Canada Basketball will probably do is scour the Canadian streets for reasonable unemployed/ unattached hoopsters ( I suppose if they live in the states that would work even better ), pop them on a plane to P.R. , practice, play then come home and quarantine. Would there be enough quality Canadian players who'd buy into such a scheme ( and before anybody suggests it D1 guys wouldn't go as their coaches would go absolutely ballistic ) ?
TrueNorth31
Senior

Post#3736 » by TrueNorth31 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:04 pm

Here's a guy who might be available ?

Read on Twitter
Kenter16
Junior

Post#3737 » by Kenter16 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 pm

TrueNorth31 wrote:I don't know Mojo so many logistical hurdles with inter country travel . We live in very odd uncharted times. According to our federal government here in Canada you need to have a negative covid test before boarding a flight to Canada, be a Canadian citizen and then plan to quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html

I know most non Euro League teams will shut down play during the Fiba window process , but I don't think they'll shut down for 21 plus days to accommodate quarantining. Then there's the issue if can you even practice as a group together in Canada ? In most Provinces you simply can't. Then there's the question will Europeans allow Canadians back into the country after travelling outside the EU and do they have to quarantine on their return ? What are the rules of direct entry into the USA from Europe ? The hurdles are just so many I don't see European pros being able to compete. What a bloody mess....

I think what Canada Basketball will probably do is scour the Canadian streets for reasonable unemployed/ unattached hoopsters ( I suppose if they live in the states that would work even better ), pop them on a plane to P.R. , practice, play then come home and quarantine. Would there be enough quality Canadian players who'd buy into such a scheme ( and before anybody suggests it D1 guys wouldn't go as their coaches would go absolutely ballistic ) ?

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. May be tough to get anyone who is collecting a pay cheque at this exact time to commit as the complications make it difficult to return to their teams.

The Chinese Basketball league season would be over. Andrew Nicholson may be an option.
Xavier Rathan-Mayes hasn't shown up on a g league roster yet. He may be an option.
Montverde Academy will be done their season by then, maybe Caleb Houstan is an option. Why not right!? I will admit, I do not know how their schedule works, so maybe they have a tournament or something.
Maybe some of the D1 guys who have had their seasons ended due to covid. There are games being postponed seemingly everyday. Maybe some of these programs decided its not worth playing the last couple weeks of their seasons.
mojo13
Veteran

Post#3738 » by mojo13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:26 pm

I don't know why any of the Euro guys even need to go to Canada?

Why not fly direct to PR (or as direct as possible) and meet the team there for a couple days of practice before the games begin. Focus on guys who have played for Canada before and know the system/coaching. No one needs to shut it down with their clubs for three weeks.

PR needs a test 1-3 days before to enter and most Euro countries need the same to get back in (or a test within 72 hours of landing). No quarantining necessary. These guys are tested multiple times a week as is.

Canada is the logistical issue here - so avoid Canada at all costs and get as many guys in Europe and the USA as possible. My neighbors are off in St. Marks right now - easy to get in and easy to get back home (LA). Heh...might be why we have such a problem in the states right now, but Mexico and the Caribbean countries desperately need American tourist dollars and life goes on....(mostly).

I know Canadians want to bubblewrap themselves - but inter countries leagues are going on all over the place. Each country has its own entry/exit rules right now, but the EuroLeague, EuroCup, BCL and others seem to have travel figured out. Every other country in the Americas and Europe was able to field competitive a team in the last window except Canada. Time to figure this out...

Edit:
Brazil just announced their 17 man "pool" (not final roster). Brazil has already qualifed so this is a young team with some fresh faces, mostly domestic league players but some Euro players:

PGs: Georginho (São Paulo), Felipe Ruivo (Paulistano), Caio Pacheco (Bahía Basket, from Argentina) and Rafa Luz (Murcia, from Spain)

Alas: Gui Santos (Minas), Jhonatan (Flamengo), Anderson Barbosa (Paulistano), Dimitri Sousa (Scandone Avellino, from Italy) and Tulio da Silva (Caxias do Sul)

Wing / pivots: Lucas Dias (Sesi Franca), Márcio (Sesi Franca), Léo Demétrio (Flamengo) and Renan Lenz (São Paulo)

Pivots: Lucas Mariano (São Paulo), Vinícius Lúcio (Joventut Badalona, ​​from Spain), Rafael Mineiro (Flamengo) and Gruber (Mogi das Cruzes)

https://www.romanews.com.br/esportes/brasil-tera-caras-novas-em-jogos-finais-das-eliminatorias-da-americup/106396/
mtr15
Pro Prospect
And1: 39

Post#3739 » by mtr15 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 pm

I mentioned this in another thread but I think Canada Basketball needs to get creative and explore elite prep high school players, such as Elijah Fisher, Enoch Boykae, Shaedon Sharpe and Caleb Houstan (the latter two depending on their US prep schedule). It looks very likely the Canadian prep season (OSBA, NPA) will not take place this year, freeing up players like Fisher and Boykae for next month's FIBA Americup.

Another issue is the coaching staff. Probably would need to have some of the prep HS coaches on staff, like Tony House from Canada Topflight Academy, Ro Russell from Crestwood Prep and Tony McIntyre from Orangeville Prep.
mojo13
Veteran

Post#3740 » by mojo13 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:58 pm

mtr15 wrote:I mentioned this in another thread but I think Canada Basketball needs to get creative and explore elite prep high school players, such as Elijah Fisher, Enoch Boykae, Shaedon Sharpe and Caleb Houstan (the latter two depending on their US prep schedule). It looks very likely the Canadian prep season (OSBA, NPA) will not take place this year, freeing up players like Fisher and Boykae for next month's FIBA Americup.

Another issue is the coaching staff. Probably would need to have some of the prep HS coaches on staff, like Tony House from Canada Topflight Academy, Ro Russell from Crestwood Prep and Tony McIntyre from Orangeville Prep.

15-17 year olds versus grown men? Professionals no less? I don't care if it is USVI or Cuba that's a recipe for disaster.

I think people tend to overrate these children to this level. There are a couple hundred Canadian pro's better than these kids at this point in time. One or two for roster filler then sure - maybe we can even get away with some on floor role if there are solid pro's all around them.

Yes....yes... now go ahead and tell me how awesome RJ Barrett was playing for the senior team in 2019 at 18. Surrounded by pro team mates, hidden by coaches, still targeted at torn up on D by the USVI, shot like crap from outside, but scored double digit points on open court layups in transition.

Return to Toronto Raptors