ImageImageImageImageImage

On point Lewenberg commentary reguarding the trade

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Re: On point Lewenberg commentary reguarding the trade 

Post#101 » by BramptonYute » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:27 pm

thats insane that he went through so much and managed to have a solid year.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#102 » by RIP Kobe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:27 pm

dunk_a_roo wrote:
ontnut wrote:
dunk_a_roo wrote:
of course everyone would be pissed but no1 gets fire/trade a employee without cause. 1st person getting fired/trade needs look in the mirror and ask y?
2-he's a professional basketball players, act like professional and not like 15yr girl on Instagram.

Yeah he should just man up and not show his feelings. Just bottle it up til they explode. Yeah, men can't share their feelings, that would make them womanly, which is bad. Here have some whisky, that's how a real man deals with these issues.

not on IG

Many complain that kawhi is keeping his mouth shut about his feelings when it comes to the spurs.

Derozan is ridiculed for putting emojis on his status sharing his feelings about the raptors.

Please look at your agenda for further instructions on how to proceed.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,509

Post#103 » by S.W.A.N » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:34 pm

tradejosehesux wrote:
Childs wrote:
tradejosehesux wrote:I’m not buying all this BS. He’s a famous and very wealthy athlete. He can buy himself some therapy and suck it up. Lotta people in this world have 10000 times more problems than getting traded to another city.

What an idiotic statement to say. I guess Andrew Bourdain and Kate Spade weren’t using their wealth correctly right?

I was making a point about being traded as a professional basketball player. Does every pro athlete sulk like this when they are traded?

My point is the 99% of the population have real life problems, not wearing a different jersey in another city.

You really don't get it.

Getting traded is a huge thing. Anyone getting traded isn't 'just throwing on a new jersey' they are moving their families, leaving their friends, getting new bosses and co-workers. At the best of times that would be stressful, but when you really don't want to get traded or were told you wouldn't be traded it is a difficult emotional time.

That jersey is their life. And every time it changes it is a major event.
We the North
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#104 » by PoundTown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Let's say Kawhi just up and leaves after this year. You're going to appreciate Demar's exit a lot more. We finally get someone that not only wants to stay here forever, is devastated when he can't, and half the boards reaction is "stop whining." Put it this way, dude just lost a 9 year relationship and one that he cherished, while everything else that was important to him in life was hanging onto a string. Just goes to show, everyone has their A$$holes, every country, every fan base. Having a little compassion would be a lot cooler than bashing someone that has done so much for basketball in Canada when each of us have done nothing individually for him.
mrsocko
Sixth Man
And1: 871

Post#105 » by mrsocko » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 pm

wink wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:
tradejosehesux wrote:I’m not buying all this BS. He’s a famous and very wealthy athlete. He can buy himself some therapy and suck it up. Lotta people in this world have 10000 times more problems than getting traded to another city.

Wow. You should work on your empathy.

Empathy, unfortunately, develops when people finally go through their own trauma. We're not ususally very good as humans with empathy until we go through our own tough times. Going through our own fires... this develop empathy.

Having kids helps too!
Dick expectation level 0/5
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#106 » by Chevy Chase » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:20 am

I promise you, there is a lot of truth to money doesn't buy happiness. Even rich people die and suffer.
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,158

Post#107 » by GooniesNeverDie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:49 am

Some of you people are straight up ****.. i hope i never have the displeasure of meeting any of you in real life.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using RealGM mobile app
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#108 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:17 am

Chevy Chase wrote:

I promise you, there is a lot of truth to money doesn't buy happiness. Even rich people die and suffer.

It’s easy to just say “money brings you happiness” when you’ve never had money. Does it help? Yes, but there really are problems no amount of money can fix.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#109 » by Badonkadonk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:41 am

Karma is a MFer.

Best of luck to you in the future.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#110 » by hankscorpioLA » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:26 pm

tradejosehesux wrote:Lotta millennial pussies on this board

Nope.

Just common human decency you waste of skin.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
webeye
Sixth Man
And1: 1,127

Post#111 » by webeye » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Takeaways:

Trying to judge a person’s right to feel an emotion is a fool’s errand, and is patently unfair. That’s especially true for chronic depression.

DeMar is a human, and should be treated as such. Same for all the people regularly discussed on this board, and the people on it. Even Doug Smith.

Money really is no panacea. No matter your personal financial state, there are likely people on this planet who are far less fortunate than yourself, and others far wealthier. Everyone on that spectrum experiences depression at some point.

Some people are jerks. It is highly unlikely that arguing with them on a message board will change that. The ignore function is there for a reason.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,826

Post#112 » by Merit » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:I honestly think Derozan was expecting super max deal. After his current deal was finished

He wanted to spend his whole career as a raptor getting paid 30 million a year and inflating his PPG to get 20 000 pts

He never gave a damn about winning

Same guy who said “maybe the cavs just have our number”

Same guy who let Kyle korver look like Ray Allen in the cavs series

No defense playing ass

Content with knowing raptor fans will vote him into all star game starter every year

Actions never backed up his empty words

Speaking directly to your words, they’re purely conjecture. You have no way to prove these statements as true. Seriously dude/gal - some of you guys are too much. Give the guy a break. Just because you’re rich, doesn’t mean you don’t have feelings. Death is death. Illness is illness. Divorce is divorce. People feel. What’s impressive is that Demar battled his mental illness and still came out to work. Still have his all. Still had the work ethic. I’m not empathetic on the best of days, but even I can tell this is a bit much. He’s not on our team. Leave the man be.
I believe in Masai.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#113 » by PoundTown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 pm

6ixSideSniper wrote:
Chevy Chase wrote:

It’s easy to just say “money brings you happiness” when you’ve never had money. Does it help? Yes, but there really are problems no amount of money can fix.

Exactly - even aside from mental issues and things like that, that are persistent across people of all wealth levels, try finding someone that is young / not retired that gets to bask in their money. Other than lottery winners, these people are generally not spending their days in paradise or whatever happiness money can buy, they are ussually out making more money/ grinding. Looking at your bank account can be fun to start but it gets old. Without divulging too much info about myself, I used to think that if I could make the money I do now, that life would be the dream. It really isn't much different other than the fact that I don't need to think about budgeting much, all the same personal insecurities remain, and I really don't feel any different that I used to when I made a quarter of the money I do now.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#114 » by sca » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:01 pm

HiMyNameIsTrey wrote:It’s totally understandable that Demar would be upset and hurt from the trade. My issue is the whole “I was told I wouldn’t be traded” bit seems to be overblown by Demar and the media/fans keep running with it. After the season Masai said everyone’s on the table to be traded. Demar had another piss poor playoffs. I believe Masai when he says there was some gap in communication. I believe that Demar completely took a normal conversation between a GM and a player about the upcoming season and took it as “yeah we’re 100% not trading you!”. This whole thing is overblown.

That’s what I gathered from Masai’s comments as well - I think the most plausible scenario is that the two discussed the upcoming season, what is next for this team, etc. and DeMar took it as a guarantee that he’ll not be traded this off-season. While anyone with common sense would understand that it’s Masai’s job to assume that all of his players will be staying unless a trade is 100% complete.

Anyway, I think that DeMar has always been overrated as a player - mostly among casual fans. He was an all-star calibre guy who also happened to be very loyal to the city of Toronto -a combination which was unseen before. But what really amplified the magnitude of his stardom is that in the last few years -especially in 2016 and 2018- is the fact that he was on a great team in which he took the lion’s share of credit while not actually contributing to the winning that much. This is what happens when your game is backed up more by basic stats rather than advanced ones. While this has always been Lowry’s team. Still...

The fact that him being touted as the definitive star of this era of the Raptors by casual fans / media might have led DeMar to regard himself as a better player than he actually is, but one’s got to understand his story before being bothered by this. As Dion Waiters once said, you have to be irrationally confident if you’re going to beat the odds and “make it” out of a tough neighborhood. DeMar probably had a tougher upbringing than 99.9% of us here. He lived and died on the court - basketball was his primary hope for achieving his dreams - if not the only one. The fact that his star teammate (Bosh) leaving the team at the start of his NBA career really didn’t help, either. He entered the league as an athletic kid with little skills, but he worked his ass off, and got better every year, all the while staying loyal to the franchise that still had the trauma of all of its star players leaving in its short existence. We should all acknowledge that, and be grateful for that. Give him a video tribute and a standing ovation when he arrives at the town, drown him in applause, retire his jersey, these things are a must.

On the other hand, his recent beef with our GM is a bit immature on his part. You are traded, it’s been done with, there’s nothing to prove anymore, so please move on. You’re hurting the fans whom you claimed to deeply care about just a few days ago. I can definitely see where he’s coming from, even ignoring all those speculations about his personal life and the stress it brings, but I would’ve preffered if he handled this in a more professional / non-polarizing manner.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks

Return to Toronto Raptors