ImageImageImageImageImage

Why is Kawhi so quiet?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Re: Why is Kawhi so quiet? 

Post#21 » by Yosemite Dan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Maybe it’s because he has an inferiority complex which means he should fit right in with this fanbase
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#22 » by Chevy Chase » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:11 pm

You can see the football background in his defensive play. He plants his feet so soundly, and then explodes to the next position. Also, unlike many players who go into Basketball because they find themselves very tall at a young age, Kawhi has a very strong lower body which makes him harder to push around.

If we want him to stay we need to send Drake to meet with Kishele Shipley
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#23 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Compton? Unsolved? Wow, DeMar got time-travelling mad about this.
Laurier
Senior
And1: 480

Post#24 » by Laurier » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:23 pm

If I was exiled to a foreign country the best thing for me is to stay quiet too. Playing for a no-name coach, driving around seeing speed limit in KM not miles, has to pay for shopping bag, might get kicked out of the Cactus Club, double taxation, and all sorts of things. Yeah, I'd rather do my time and shut up until I get my freedom.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,260

Post#25 » by PhilBlackson » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Because like many, many people he's an introvert (period).
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#26 » by alienchild » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 pm

What the hell is wrong with just letting Kawhi be Kawhi? He'll respect that. He won't respect poking and probing and endless analyzing and questioning.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#27 » by Boogie! » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Childs wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Which would be totally understandable but I think there is a flip side to it.

Playing in Canada gives him the opportunity to start anew in a vibrant city with diversity similar, or perhaps more, than L.A. without the pressure that comes with being under the spotlight. When it comes to the media, Toronto is as low key as it gets which would seem to mesh well with his personality.

Despite Toronto being low key it's not a boring place to live. You have to admit, there is A LOT to do in our city. It's so multifaceted where it has a little bit of everything without being excessive.

not everything is about the city. i think everyone gets caught up in trying to prove how great toronto is as a city that whenever a guy doesn't wanna play here, they get butthurt because they think for some reason the city wasn't good enough for them. it's not always about the city. guys play in places for personal reasons. lebron left to miami to win rings. he came back to cleveland. you think cleveland is a better city than miami? no, lebron did what he did for PERSONAL reasons. and everyone's personal reasons are different. not everyone leaves because he doesn't like the city.

carter loved the city. but he still left. PERSONAL REASONS. tmac left because he wanted to be a star. PERSONAL REASONS. again, the raptors fanbase has built its foundation on this insecurity that we need to suck every star players dick that comes here because we need to prove to them that this city is good enough. everyone knows this city is great now. this isn't 1999. toronto is already on the map. people talk about how amazing toronto is all the time. WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND BY NOW THAT WHETHER OR NOT A PLAYER WANTS TO PLAY HERE IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE CITY! sometimes, guys have their own reasons for where they want to be and it has nothing to do with the city not being good enough for them.

again, there was ignorance back in the day, but we're not in the 90s anymore. the only guy that openly refused to play here because of the city was kenny anderson. WHO GIVES A **** HE SUCKED AND THAT WAS OVER 20 YEARS AGO! and the only other player who made it seem like he didn't like toronto was chris bosh. BUT AGAIN WHO CARESSSSSSSS. this city isn't a problem and everyone knows it's amazing. stop feeling sorry for the city just because guys dont always want to play here.

You forgot BJ Armstrong and Alonzo mourning

it's arguable that alonzo's reasons were personal as well... and again who the **** cares about Bj armstrong? again, why do people keep talking about no names who would never have made a difference... OOOOHHH BJ ARMSTRONG DIDN'T WANNA PLAY FOR THE RAPTORS OH NOOOO. **** that.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
kasrahimi
Senior
And1: 713

Post#28 » by kasrahimi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Laurier wrote:If I was exiled to a foreign country the best thing for me is to stay quiet too. Playing for a no-name coach, driving around seeing speed limit in KM not miles, has to pay for shopping bag, might get kicked out of the Cactus Club, double taxation, and all sorts of things. Yeah, I'd rather do my time and shut up until I get my freedom.

At first I was trying to find all these reasons to convince myself he’ll stay. The realist in me says he’s looking at this like a 1 year “sentence” and that he’s just going to quietly do his time and get out. A lot can happen in a year but don’t get your hopes too high.
Lurking since '05
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#29 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Probably his personality. Not a big deal.
Credits to Jstock12
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,443

Post#30 » by KrazyP » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Its ironic. I think Derozan as a teammate (Compton connection) and Casey as a coach (almost father figure like) probably would have been the best bets to recruit this guy to convince him to stay.

The biggest question going into next season is who is going to step up in the locker room leadership role and unify this team together. Fans often underestimate how impactful chemistry is on winning.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#31 » by Uncle Dennis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Laurier wrote:If I was exiled to a foreign country the best thing for me is to stay quiet too. Playing for a no-name coach, driving around seeing speed limit in KM not miles, has to pay for shopping bag, might get kicked out of the Cactus Club, double taxation, and all sorts of things. Yeah, I'd rather do my time and shut up until I get my freedom.

You make it sound like it's as foreign as China or Russia. It's in North America, yeah there are adjustments to make, but this is one of the best countries and cities in the world. There wouldn't be much of a culture shock here. He clearly doesn't care much about coaches since he had one of the best of all time, and still forced his way out of there.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#32 » by maternal85 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:06 pm

He'll probably leave but you're exaggerating. It's not that foreign at all.
blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#33 » by blastttOFF » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 pm

He's so quiet but he plays with bravado when playing basketball, its kinda funny. I was watching his highlights, and he would slap the arms of defenders trying to hand checking him. He also is so aggressive against durant, curry, harden and lebron, not giving af who they are. Moves you definitely wont see with demar.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#34 » by Childs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Childs wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
not everything is about the city. i think everyone gets caught up in trying to prove how great toronto is as a city that whenever a guy doesn't wanna play here, they get butthurt because they think for some reason the city wasn't good enough for them. it's not always about the city. guys play in places for personal reasons. lebron left to miami to win rings. he came back to cleveland. you think cleveland is a better city than miami? no, lebron did what he did for PERSONAL reasons. and everyone's personal reasons are different. not everyone leaves because he doesn't like the city.

carter loved the city. but he still left. PERSONAL REASONS. tmac left because he wanted to be a star. PERSONAL REASONS. again, the raptors fanbase has built its foundation on this insecurity that we need to suck every star players dick that comes here because we need to prove to them that this city is good enough. everyone knows this city is great now. this isn't 1999. toronto is already on the map. people talk about how amazing toronto is all the time. WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND BY NOW THAT WHETHER OR NOT A PLAYER WANTS TO PLAY HERE IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE CITY! sometimes, guys have their own reasons for where they want to be and it has nothing to do with the city not being good enough for them.

again, there was ignorance back in the day, but we're not in the 90s anymore. the only guy that openly refused to play here because of the city was kenny anderson. WHO GIVES A **** HE SUCKED AND THAT WAS OVER 20 YEARS AGO! and the only other player who made it seem like he didn't like toronto was chris bosh. BUT AGAIN WHO CARESSSSSSSS. this city isn't a problem and everyone knows it's amazing. stop feeling sorry for the city just because guys dont always want to play here.

You forgot BJ Armstrong and Alonzo mourning

it's arguable that alonzo's reasons were personal as well... and again who the **** cares about Bj armstrong? again, why do people keep talking about no names who would never have made a difference... OOOOHHH BJ ARMSTRONG DIDN'T WANNA PLAY FOR THE RAPTORS OH NOOOO. **** that.

I agree with you. Just adding more players thats all.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#35 » by LLJ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Kawhi trying to smile:

GoodOne
Junior
And1: 422

Post#36 » by GoodOne » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:16 pm

After watching the video you can understand why he is so Kawhi-et. Being very close to his father, then his father gets murdered, ya that would do it. You can still see the sadness in his eyes. That video punched me right in the heart. My respect for him has been taken to a new level, considering all that he has managed to accomplish, when many people would have simply given up and turned to drugs or alcohol to kill the pain (and destroyed their life by doing so). Even though he is quiet, he's incredibly strong and definitely not a quitter. Welcome to Canada and the Raptors family Kawhi.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#37 » by Boogie! » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:52 pm

kawhi is just running game on the league. going for that whole mysterious vibe, no one can figure him out. it's bringing him so much attention, everyone on his d now.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#38 » by Inevitable » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:58 pm

This guy switched his fave team to the Saltics cause a couple posters were mean to him

lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#39 » by lebron stopper » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Giddy wrote:

This guy switched his fave team to the Saltics cause a couple posters were mean to him

He makes it sound like Kawhi was shipped off to Russia or something Lmao
Mr_NC
Analyst
And1: 5,342

Post#40 » by Mr_NC » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Thats who he is, who are we, a bunch of forum outsiders to questions it. Seriously who cares how he does things or interacts with people.

Return to Toronto Raptors