ImageImageImageImageImage

Don't be surprised if Kawhi Leonard warms to Toronto (Featuring Norm Powells mom)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Re: Don't be surprised if Kawhi Leonard warms to Toronto (Featuring Norm Powells mom) 

Post#61 » by vaff87 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:I've spent a lot of time in LA. I think it's a sh*thole.

I guess I skew towards the NY end of the spectrum, love that city.

Whoah whoah whoah...LA is not a sh*thole. I have lived here for over ten years and it took me a while before I really got the hang of it, but once I did, I understood the appeal.

The first thing is that there is no other place like Los Angeles.

The second thing is that Los Angeles is not a place. It is an amalgamation of places, many of which have nothing to do with one another.

There are massive swaths of LA that I have never been to. And I am guessing massive swaths you have never been to. If I knew why you were in LA, I could probably map out most of the places you had been, and it would probably add up to 10% of what is here. And that is part of what I love about LA. No matter how long you are here, you will never see all of it.

I will add that it helps that I work in Downtown LA, which is going through a massive revitalization and has become a really cool and eclectic area.

That’s one of the problems. LA is way too big. Who wants to be stuck in traffic half their life?
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Re: Don't be surprised if Kawhi Leonard warms to Toronto (Featuring Norm Powells mom) 

Post#62 » by Patman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:Inb4 we find out Ibaka is good friends with uncle Dennis or kahwi's grandpa

Uncle Dennis' last name is Fuzamil. Who do you think Serge keep referring to when he says "Ma Fuzzy"?
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#63 » by hankscorpioLA » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:09 pm

vaff87 wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:I've spent a lot of time in LA. I think it's a sh*thole.

I guess I skew towards the NY end of the spectrum, love that city.

Whoah whoah whoah...LA is not a sh*thole. I have lived here for over ten years and it took me a while before I really got the hang of it, but once I did, I understood the appeal.

The second thing is that Los Angeles is not a place. It is an amalgamation of places, many of which have nothing to do with one another.

There are massive swaths of LA that I have never been to. And I am guessing massive swaths you have never been to. If I knew why you were in LA, I could probably map out most of the places you had been, and it would probably add up to 10% of what is here. And that is part of what I love about LA. No matter how long you are here, you will never see all of it.

I will add that it helps that I work in Downtown LA, which is going through a massive revitalization and has become a really cool and eclectic area.

That’s one of the problems. LA is way too big. Who wants to be stuck in traffic half their life?

Traffic is an issue, but again, the longer you live here, the better you get at managing it and avoiding the worst of it.

But yes...that is one of the downsides. Every city has them. You just choose which ones you want to deal with.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,957

Re: RE: Re: Don't be surprised if Kawhi Leonard warms to Toronto (Featuring Norm Powells mom) 

Post#64 » by SHFT » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:13 pm

VC720 wrote:Give Powell's mom season tickets and a parking spot if she can recruit Kawhi's mom.
Give his mom and KL2s mom seasons beside each other. Hell....set up Norm to live beside Kawhi.

Sent from my LG-H915 using RealGM mobile app
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#65 » by vaff87 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:
vaff87 wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:

Traffic is an issue, but again, the longer you live here, the better you get at managing it and avoiding the worst of it.

But yes...that is one of the downsides. Every city has them. You just choose which ones you want to deal with.

Just look at this. 10 of the worst 25 traffic areas in America are in LA:

https://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/10/these_are_the_25_worst_traffic_hotspots_in_america_four_are_here.html
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,342

Post#66 » by canada_dry » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 pm

I don't think there's gonna be any stories that raise my hopes. Not till he resigns. Either way the year will be good.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM mobile app
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,656

Post#67 » by Psubs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Mack11 wrote:Masai just found this out this morning and halted all trade talks involving norm

Absolutley! Bye CJ.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#68 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Can we give Kawhi's mom Michelle Carters old parking spot?
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,903

Post#69 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Concernedcad wrote:https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-kawhi-leonard-toronto-trade-nba-zeigler-20180722-story.html#

Oh so Norm starts at the two... The Norm, Simmons, Dedmon effect. :D
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#70 » by SurgeIblocka » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Oh snap, cancel all the ship Norm out talk. Hes our new starting 2 guard.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#71 » by MEDIC » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Masai knew exactly what has doing when was doing when he gave Powell that contract...........
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#72 » by MEDIC » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Seems like a lot of low key personalities end up liking it here.

Bonner, Derozan, Powell, etc
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#73 » by Courtside » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:26 pm

You can bet that former teammates Bonner and Joseph will be filling his ear about Toronto as well. We all know what the narrative is about the city with respect to attracting available players, but the lesser known track record with players we acquire is that pretty much all of them come to like it. Some of them love it.

Winning and money is available, as is a good team culture, the peripheral stuff like marketing and posse care can be taken care of, along with future flexibility to add max level stars if Kawhi re-ups. Kawhi would have to be the most closed minded guy ever to not end up with a favorable view. Whether it's enough to sway him we can't predict, but we here know that the decision won't be the premeditated slam dunk that clowns like Cris Carter are claiming.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#74 » by hankscorpioLA » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm

vaff87 wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
vaff87 wrote:

Just look at this. 10 of the worst 25 traffic areas in America are in LA:

https://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/10/these_are_the_25_worst_traffic_hotspots_in_america_four_are_here.html

Yes...but if you look closely, you will see that almost of those are on the Westside, which is just one part of LA.

This is part of the misperception about LA. The 405 and the 10 on the Westside are absolutely brutal. The rest is generally much better.

The other thing is that because of how LA is designed, a lot of the traffic is people going relatively short distances. For example, I used to have to take the 405, which was terrible, but I was only on it for about 5 miles, so my total commute wasn't that bad.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#75 » by Psubs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:Oh snap, cancel all the ship Norm out talk. Hes our new starting 2 guard.

Kawhi wants to win. It's enough that he gts to practice with him and that Norm is contractually taken care of.
execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Post#76 » by execoftheyear » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:50 pm

AbC? wrote:Was just thinking of Norman's connection with Kawhi. Both from San Diego, both quiet hardworking guys, both lost loved ones (Kawhi's father, Norman's uncle). Not surprised their mothers know each other. I think he'll be huge in selling the city to Kawhi.

On the court I think Norman can bounce back. He had the most trouble adapting to the new offensive style we implemented, dropped out of the rotation and then started pressing every time he got minutes. Lost confidence in his jumper too. But before last year I think he showed he can play in our new offense, he showed glimpses of a decent passing/cutting game. I don't think he is one of those guys who's going to get lazy because of his contract, if he continues to struggle it won't be for a lack of effort.

Fully healthy and a full training camp will help Norman IMO.

I think the hip pointer injury he suffered early on in the season had a lot to do with his struggles. He just didn't look like his explosive self last season.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#77 » by Psubs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:51 pm

nitrous wrote:So you are saying we can't trade Powell or else we risk losing Kawhi....

Not until he re-signs next summer.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#78 » by Psubs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Courtside wrote:You can bet that former teammates Bonner and Joseph will be filling his ear about Toronto as well. We all know what the narrative is about the city with respect to attracting available players, but the lesser known track record with players we acquire is that pretty much all of them come to like it. Some of them love it.

Winning and money is available, as is a good team culture, the peripheral stuff like marketing and posse care can be taken care of, along with future flexibility to add max level stars if Kawhi re-ups. Kawhi would have to be the most closed minded guy ever to not end up with a favorable view. Whether it's enough to sway him we can't predict, but we here know that the decision won't be the premeditated slam dunk that clowns like Cris Carter are claiming.

We need a backup big. Get Bonner out of retirement!
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,454

Post#79 » by KL78192020 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:55 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:
Son Goku 25 wrote:Inb4 we find out Ibaka is good friends with uncle Dennis or kahwi's grandpa

lmao

Kawhi must be drakes cousin.
DemarRoss
Junior
And1: 541

Post#80 » by DemarRoss » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Masai was playing the long game resigning norman..he knew all along ..

Return to Toronto Raptors