ImageImageImageImageImage

Video: Kawhi talking about the historic cold of the Toronto all Star weekend

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Video: Kawhi talking about the historic cold of the Toronto all Star weekend 

Post#1 » by Double Helix » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:17 am

Just dug this old clip up from the Toronto all Star weekend where he specifically mentions the weather as the standout element of the city in comparison to Houston and Orlando (His other all star experiences). :oops: It felt like -33 that weekend to be fair and there was snow.

Sort of supports that Rich Buchler tweet a little bit. Though, that weekend was one of the coldest on record and if he never got out and did anything he didn’t get to see the best there is on offer. He also mentions how good our fan base was.

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Video: Kawhi talking about the historic cold of the Toronto all Star weekend 

Post#2 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:21 am

I’m mean it’s gonna be cold from November to March. He’s gotta get used to it for this year Atleast

It is hot in may and June tho 8-)
Raptors til death
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Video: Kawhi talking about the historic cold of the Toronto all Star weekend 

Post#3 » by Double Helix » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 am

An article from that time period in case people forgot. It was worst case scenario and the players and staff all likely talked about it. First Ice breaker in most situations is weather talk after all.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/nba-all-star-game-unfolds-amid-frigid-temperatures-in-toronto/article28753848/
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#4 » by WeTheNorth123 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 am

I was expecting this to be bad for some reason

He just said it was cold, didnt say anything negative really

It was more positive, I'm glad he knows about Toronto's big fan base
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#5 » by Mack11 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:23 am

yeah it stood out cause the last 2 he been to were in houston and orlando.. not to mention it was a record that weekend when it came to the cold, so everyone and their mother was complaining about it including lowry and derozan
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Double Helix » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:24 am

RaptorsLife wrote:I’m mean it’s gonna be cold from November to March. He’s gotta get used to it

That’s just it though. He really doesn’t. At least beyond a year anyway.

Hopefully he gets used to slightly colder temps and realizes it’s not always -33 though.
Alpha Mentality
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,102

Post#7 » by Alpha Mentality » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:24 am

That was literally the coldest weekend in the last 80 years. If you really think about it... It only gets cold to the point where you can't go outside a handful of times a year. Obviously hes going to have to get use to it being cold. But good chance he will never see -33 before wind chill ever again. So many things were planned outside during that weekend that had to be cancelled. Things happen in the winter time under normal circumstances.
GRidge
Senior
And1: 422

Post#8 » by GRidge » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 am

Double Helix wrote:Just dug this old clip up from the Toronto all Star weekend where he specifically mentions the weather as the standout element of the city in comparison to Houston and Orlando (His other all star experiences). :oops: It felt like -33 that weekend to be fair and there was snow.

Sort of supports that Rich Buchler tweet a little bit. Though, that weekend was one of the coldest on record and if he never got out and did anything he didn’t get to see the best there is on offer. He also mentions how good our fan base was.

the weather sucked so bad that weekend. The winter was nice and mild for the most part then when the all-star weekend rolled around it was freezing. I remember venting to my girlfriend about how annoyed I was that the one weekend we have all the NBA stars/big media in town, it's freezing cold
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Post#9 » by Hero » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 am

Imagine when it's February and bitterly cold. I sure hope the Raptors are on a winning streak then.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#10 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 am

Double Helix wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:I’m mean it’s gonna be cold from November to March. He’s gotta get used to it

That’s just it though. He really doesn’t. At least beyond a year anyway.

Hopefully he gets used to slightly colder temps and realizes it’s not always -33 though.

He’s go from LA to San Diego to texas to Toronto

This is his first cold city. -10 will still feel super cold to him

Obviously he can leave when he’s a free agent but let’s see if the qualities about city out weighs

I mean it’s hot in may and June the most important times in nba that’s the goal
Raptors til death
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#11 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:29 am

Okay, that video linked to these commercials. I can only hope BMO/GoDaddy come up with stuff half as good for Kawhi.

;feature=share
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#12 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:31 am

I mean I like the cold but I can understand where he's coming from living in LA all his life.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#13 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:44 am

Man you guys got way too much time on your hands to be doing all this extra s.... And digging up old stuff from 2 years ago Smh you guys act as if thats the only time this guy came to toronto.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,510

Post#14 » by SFour » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am

It was extremely cold that weekend...I lived in Canada most of my life and even I couldn't handle that type of weather. It probably felt like the North Pole to a guy born in LA.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#15 » by mowcrowbar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:54 am

Toronto's DeMar DeRozan says he gets weather questions from fellow all-stars "every day."

"Nobody seem to believe me when I tell them this has been the worst. It's been a great winter until these last couple of days. Nobody seem to believe me though."

Bosh was more definitive in a Thursday tweet that read
"It. Is. COLD #thatisall."

Well that's the difference in character I guess.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#16 » by Slo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:58 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Okay, that video linked to these commercials. I can only hope BMO/GoDaddy come up with stuff half as good for Kawhi.

;feature=share

No wonder Kawhi wanted out, hes basically playing Kelso from that 70s show in every Spurs commercial :lol:
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#17 » by Lord Eder » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 am

GRidge wrote:
Double Helix wrote:Just dug this old clip up from the Toronto all Star weekend where he specifically mentions the weather as the standout element of the city in comparison to Houston and Orlando (His other all star experiences). :oops: It felt like -33 that weekend to be fair and there was snow.

the weather sucked so bad that weekend. The winter was nice and mild for the most part then when the all-star weekend rolled around it was freezing. I remember venting to my girlfriend about how annoyed I was that the one weekend we have all the NBA stars/big media in town, it's freezing cold

Lol I remember it being like 10 degrees in December that winter. That winter was really slow to start.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#18 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 am

I love demar ,he was one of us.
Read
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#19 » by Topher » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:53 am

He gained 10-15 more pounds of words than OG in this interview.
wajr
Bench Warmer
And1: 191

Post#20 » by wajr » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:00 am

Don't care bring on the season and carabana and the fanbase and jurassic park! And Jimmy Butler. He's going to love it here.

Sent from my SM-G950W using RealGM mobile app
Raps Leafs Jays Gennies

Return to Toronto Raptors