ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Re: 2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread 

Post#141 » by Topher » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:10 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:Just trade Ibaka please. He's a disaster out there with no feel for the game making 20 million.
Let JV start, give the traditional backup role to Monroe and let Siakam play some minutes at the 5 as well to exploit matchups.

Serge is the weak link here and it's not even close.

So why would any other team want him then? Face it, we’re stuck with him until his contract ends. His shot blocking is useful anyways. Every team needs a rim protector.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#142 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Topher wrote:
CoachJReturns wrote:Just trade Ibaka please. He's a disaster out there with no feel for the game making 20 million.
Let JV start, give the traditional backup role to Monroe and let Siakam play some minutes at the 5 as well to exploit matchups.

So why would any other team want him then? Face it, we’re stuck with him until his contract ends. His shot blocking is useful anyways. Every team needs a rim protector.

You actually just gave a reason for a team to want him. lol.
But I don't think he's the player you actually trade for. You take him get out of another contract and we send Wright and possibly another piece for a more useful player.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#143 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:48 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
sportsyard wrote:Toronto In - Kyle Korver + Richuan Holmes
Phoenix In - Delon Wright
Cleveland In - Troy Daniels + Malachi Richardson + Lorenzo Brown + Suns 2nd 2018

Now this is a trade i would do no problem. I really want Korver on this team.

I'm more excited about the prospect of adding Holmes. He'd be a good backup defensive big for us. If he could get back on track as a guy with a developing outside shot, it would help tremendously.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#144 » by Topher » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:
Topher wrote:

But I don't think he's the player you actually trade for. You take him get out of another contract and we send Wright and possibly another piece for a more useful player.

Teams will want OG. Not Delon who has injury concerns and 1 year left. I’m sure Masai and Bobby would have traded Ibaka and Delon for Jimmy if they could have.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#145 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Topher wrote:
CoachJReturns wrote:
Topher wrote:

Teams will want OG. Not Delon who has injury concerns and 1 year left. I’m sure Masai and Bobby would have traded Ibaka and Delon for Jimmy if they could have.

I dont disagree. But I'm not expecting an all star in return. Just some kind of an upgrade or better fit.
And I assume Masai would offer a protected 1st along with Delon. I hate dealing picks, but we may never see the Raps have a better year than this one, so a move should be made.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#146 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:27 am

CoachJReturns wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:
sportsyard wrote:Toronto In - Kyle Korver + Richuan Holmes
Phoenix In - Delon Wright
Cleveland In - Troy Daniels + Malachi Richardson + Lorenzo Brown + Suns 2nd 2018

Now this is a trade i would do no problem. I really want Korver on this team.

I'm more excited about the prospect of adding Holmes. He'd be a good backup defensive big for us. If he could get back on track as a guy with a developing outside shot, it would help tremendously.

Suns traded two seconds for Holmes IIRC. So now they're going to give up Daniels and an additional second for Wright ?

I'd rather see Delon moved in a deal that brings back Butler but if it isn't possible, I could settle for this.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#147 » by Ell Curry » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:15 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:
Topher wrote:

Milwaukee - Ibaka
Toronto - Love,
Cleveland - Henson, Dellavadova, DJ Wilson, Raptors 2019 1st, lotto protected, Milwaukee 2019 top 17 protected 1st

Raptors get a star to help convince Kawhi to stay and we upgrade our offense with a 3rd serious scorer for difficult matchups against Boston or Philly or a switch everything Warriors or Rockets. Love-Siakam looks like a nice frontcourt pair offensively and on the boards and our perimeter guys are good enough to limit drives to the rim that would otherwise make Love hard to play at the 5. JV-Anunoby able to come in when we have to contend with an Embiid or other big 5 and otherwise JV can feast on 2nd units with a VanVleet-Wright-Miles/Powell-OG-JV 2nd unit.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#148 » by Ell Curry » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:19 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:
Topher wrote:

Milwaukee - Ibaka
Toronto - Love,
Cleveland - Henson, Dellavadova, DJ Wilson, Raptors 2019 1st, lotto protected, Milwaukee 2019 top 17 protected 1st

Raptors get a star to help convince Kawhi to stay and we upgrade our offense with a 3rd serious scorer for difficult matchups against Boston or Philly or a switch everything Warriors or Rockets. Love-Siakam looks like a nice frontcourt pair offensively and on the boards and our perimeter guys are good enough to limit drives to the rim that would otherwise make Love hard to play at the 5. JV-Anunoby able to come in when we have to contend with an Embiid or other big 5 and otherwise JV can feast on 2nd units with a VanVleet-Wright-Miles/Powell-OG-JV 2nd unit.
Where's the D?
DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 681

Post#149 » by DangerZone13 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Honestly, can we just swap Ibaka for Biyombo+small filler? Their contracts run the same length, with Bismack being about $4 Mill less/year.

I miss Big Biz intimidating opposing players into less confident drives, and hyping up up the team. Yes he's an offensive liability, but we have enough shooters and ball movement to hide him a bit.

If Ibaka would play with the balls he occasionally acts like her has, this wouldn't be an issue, but he still seems to think he's the 3rd option.

Think we could squeeze a pick out of Charlotte?
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,186

Post#150 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:11 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8o4a382

Who says no? Ibaka is pretty much not the player we hoped he would be. The guy is bad. I feel like Zach Randolph is better and I hate Zach Randolph. Bogdanovic is a crafty shooter who we could use

Was thinking of sending Powell to The Kings as well.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#151 » by bootsythornton » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 am

CJ Miles could be moved for an expiring... might be worth exploring for future cap space.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#152 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:55 am

sell high on Ibaka

Ibaka, norm and Dwright for Butler and Dieng
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#153 » by Hassassin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:05 am

We could probably use another scorer off the bench. Miles and Powell too inconsistent.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#154 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:28 am

DangerZone13 wrote:Honestly, can we just swap Ibaka for Biyombo+small filler? Their contracts run the same length, with Bismack being about $4 Mill less/year.

I miss Big Biz intimidating opposing players into less confident drives, and hyping up up the team. Yes he's an offensive liability, but we have enough shooters and ball movement to hide him a bit.

If Ibaka would play with the balls he occasionally acts like her has, this wouldn't be an issue, but he still seems to think he's the 3rd option.

Think we could squeeze a pick out of Charlotte?

F that.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#155 » by bootsythornton » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Toronto in - Mikal Bridges + Tyson Chandler (expiring) + Richaun Holmes
Phoenix In - JV + Delon Wright

Move Wright for a cheaper 3+D prospect and create cap flexibility for two serviceable bench bigs that expire
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#156 » by Psubs » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:07 pm

sportsyard wrote:Toronto in - Mikal Bridges + Tyson Chandler (expiring) + Richaun Holmes

Move Wright for a cheaper 3+D prospect and create cap flexibility for two serviceable bench bigs that expire

I would try for Chandler.

Phoenix trades: Tyson Chandler
Toronto trades: CJ Miles, Lorenzo Brown and Greg Monroe
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#157 » by Psubs » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Sell low on CJ Miles. :D

Get Kosta Koufos from Sacramento, just because he's an expiring contract.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,232

Post#158 » by sidsid » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:53 pm

At this point, I'd be all in on giving Ibaka, Norm and Miles enough minutes and shine to get that Butler trade done.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#159 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Psubs wrote:
sportsyard wrote:Toronto in - Mikal Bridges + Tyson Chandler (expiring) + Richaun Holmes

I would try for Chandler.

Phoenix trades: Tyson Chandler
Toronto trades: CJ Miles, Lorenzo Brown and Greg Monroe

Why? Miles is a sharpshooter on a reasonable contract. We already have Ibaka/Val/Monroe soaking up minutes at C, why trade for Chandler on top of it?

If anything, we need another guy at PF
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,029

Post#160 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:38 am

We are clear #1 in the NBA rn

Raps should trade for Butler and just make a statement to the league it's our time.

Return to Toronto Raptors