ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Re: 2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread 

Post#741 » by Uncle Dennis » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:28 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:I think you make a call about Kevin Love, honestly. Yeah people are going to talk about his defence and contract but the dude can score from anywhere and rebound the hell out of the basketball. With the way Lowry is playing, I'm not confident with him being our only other go-to scorer on the roster. Not sure what the Cavs are looking for.

K Love isn't bad either. The guy can get you the 19-20 a game you need. Lowry can strictly focus on facilitating (may even open up his scoring more tbh, less pressure).
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#742 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:55 am

xavis wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:I think you make a call about Kevin Love, honestly. Yeah people are going to talk about his defence and contract but the dude can score from anywhere and rebound the hell out of the basketball. With the way Lowry is playing, I'm not confident with him being our only other go-to scorer on the roster. Not sure what the Cavs are looking for.

K Love isn't bad either. The guy can get you the 19-20 a game you need. Lowry can strictly focus on facilitating (may even open up his scoring more tbh, less pressure).

I get a move for Love as an all-in this year move, but dude is 30 right now, and is owed an average of $30m over the next 4 years. He's injured a fair bit and he's had a concussion history. Defensively he's pretty soft and only going to further decline here. Unless the price is something like Jonas+Miles+Powell and no other added sweetener, I wouldn't even consider it.
Holla
Sophomore
And1: 200

Post#743 » by Holla » Tue Dec 4, 2018 7:37 am

Lmao, people forget aboout a 8 game wkn streak with 1 loss. You guys get affected way too easily. We arnt gna win every game, no team can. If you guys are trippin now, how were u during the dog days of the raps post bosh, pre rudy gay trade, like jheez relax and enjoy the ride. Thank god we atleast in this position right now and we have a good farm system. We could be treadmilling but we aint.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#744 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 12:29 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:
xavis wrote:

I get a move for Love as an all-in this year move, but dude is 30 right now, and is owed an average of $30m over the next 4 years. He's injured a fair bit and he's had a concussion history. Defensively he's pretty soft and only going to further decline here. Unless the price is something like Jonas+Miles+Powell and no other added sweetener, I wouldn't even consider it.

I agree 100%. It has to be for that price.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#745 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:57 pm

Holla wrote:Lmao, people forget aboout a 8 game wkn streak with 1 loss. You guys get affected way too easily. We arnt gna win every game, no team can. If you guys are trippin now, how were u during the dog days of the raps post bosh, pre rudy gay trade, like jheez relax and enjoy the ride. Thank god we atleast in this position right now and we have a good farm system. We could be treadmilling but we aint.

Stop trolling. If you read the thread you'll see myself and others have been saying the team needs another star for the past several weeks.
There was an entire thread debating what we should offer for Beal. Last night was just more evidence of the need for another star. But sure, after 25 years of watching ball my only concern is last nights game.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#746 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 4, 2018 2:58 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:
xavis wrote:

Good point. I totally forgot how long his contract is for. That's ugly.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#747 » by Michael Jordan » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:24 pm

Holla wrote:Lmao, people forget aboout a 8 game wkn streak with 1 loss. You guys get affected way too easily. We arnt gna win every game, no team can. If you guys are trippin now, how were u during the dog days of the raps post bosh, pre rudy gay trade, like jheez relax and enjoy the ride. Thank god we atleast in this position right now and we have a good farm system. We could be treadmilling but we aint.

Last time I checked GSW are still title favourites and this team isn't even guaranteed to come out of the East; taking L's to Boston and Milwaukee.

Not saying people should be complaining, but this team is far from perfect. I think the second unit needs a fix cause right now all hope is on Norman Powell.
kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Post#748 » by kai_bouche » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:33 pm

I agree but I also have always believed we need one more piece.
How many shots have we had at truly contending ?

I’d go for Beal.
Kingsway_fan wrote:Lol boucher in two minutes.. 2 blocks, 2 pts, 2 ribs, 1 stl
super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#749 » by super_balls » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:44 pm

I"m tired of JV's low IQ. He so skilled and big but he's just sooooooo low IQ.

Here's my proposal: We trade JV along with Brown and Richardson to Cleveland for Thompson.

Why this works for both Teams
- Thompson is a high energy, high IQ player with years of championship experience but costs 2 mill more a year than JV. He would fit well with the bench and has success playing against Boston and Golden State. He's amazing in the PnR on both sides of the ball the only downside he is a terrible spacer.
- JV would put up numbers for Cleveland and like I said $2 mil/year cheaper than Thompson on top of getting two expiring contracts in Richardson and Brown.

- Raptors would then promote both Boucher and Loyd both who have shown amazing potential in the g-league.
- Against bigger matchups we have Monroe eat up some time at the 5

Lowry/Fred/Loyd
Green/Delon/Powell
Kawhi/Miles/
Pascal/OG/Boucher
Ibaka/Thompson/Monroe
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#750 » by StopitLeo » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:50 pm

An all-in move should be in terms of giving up assets not taking on long term salary. That's one key reason why I am for Beal and against Love. If the cost to add someone who makes us better right now and doesn't strangle our cap sheet in 2020/2021 is OG and a first round pick that is an acceptable trade off.

We can afford to give up OG. He's a good looking young player that likely has a lot of value as a prospect. However, offensively he is behind the curve for what the team needs right now. If we can get someone better than him it is a no brainer (Butler would have been so good).

We can also afford to give up our 2021 first round pick (protected preferably) regardless of what happens with Kawhi. The key is that we will have LOTS of cap room that year so not having the 2021 pick doesn't mean we won't have options for getting better (as is often the case). In fact, we have a better option than the draft because we can potentially get a known impact player by signing a max free agent (or 2 in a perfect world).

We need to add an All-Star calibre player. I know Beal has only made it once (so maybe he is borderline All-Star) but he has the skill set to help this team (ball-handling, shot creation, playmaking - he averages over 4 assists per game, 3 point shooting, and average to above-average defense that will be fine in our schemes).

I don't really see any other potential trade targets of that skill level on the current lottery bound teams. The really, really, really, really long-shot for me is if NOP decides to move on from Anthony Davis. I'd give up OG, Pascal, and our 2021 first round pick (lotto protected) as the value pieces. That's a fantastic rebuilding package for them. Raptors fans will probably think it is too generous but AD-Kawhi (and Kyle) is a 99.9% guaranteed Finals bound team that can compete with GSW.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#751 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:56 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:
xavis wrote:

Good point. I totally forgot how long his contract is for. That's ugly.

It definitely isn't wonderful; no two ways about it. But I just don't see anyone else that's going to make a big enough difference and MAY be available for the pieces we're willing to offer. Only guys that I can think of that fit that description are Kevin Love and Marc Gasol.

Beal is good player no doubt but:
a) Butler is better and was less valuable and we couldn't get something done
b) There is going to be a hell of a bidding war for him. I can't see our pieces getting a deal done.
c) We really don't need anymore wings. Green has been great and we have Miles, Powell and Wright who all share the SG spot. This team struggles with not just needing another scorer but also on the glass and Beal isn't going to fix that issue for us.

its a wild deal and definitely not going to happen but

To Orlando: Vanvleet
To Atlanta: Ibaka
To Memphis: Valanciunas, Powell, Miles, 2020 protected first (via Orlando)
To Toronto: Gasol, Green, Lin, Dedmon, Simmons

Lowry/Green/Leonard/Green/Gasol
Lin/Wright/Anunoby/Siakam/Dedmon
+ Simmons, Monroe

- J.Green, Gasol, Dedmon should fix our rebounding issue in a hurry
- adding Lin and moving Siakam back to the bench gives us three ball handlers/shot creators
- Dedmon provides some spacing and defense in the PnR from the bench
- J. Green gives us some more reliable shooting in the starting lineup
- Gasol solves our 3rd star problem
- Lin adds some scoring to our bench
- Leonard, Simmons and Dedmon all played with each other on San Antonio

Lots to like here but this is a huge overall and who knows if the other teams agree but hey.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#752 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:13 pm

^ Memphis has started the year strong and I believe their FRP next summer is owed, so I'd be pretty surprised if they dealt Gasol.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#753 » by StopitLeo » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:24 pm

Wiretap says the Suns are looking for short term solutions at PG. I thought about Delon first but it is hard to make salary work. So, with FVV we have:

FVV + CJ Miles

for

Trevor Ariza

Phoenix gets their short term PG as Fred is on a team friendly 2 year deal. CJ provides veteran leadership which the young Suns team needs (it's a role Ariza played). Maybe a change of scenery will help him find his stroke. If not he only has one year left and is probably acceptable to take on in terms of salary since they are getting VanVleet at a position of need.

Toronto gets a seasoned vet with 9 years of playoff experience who like Danny and Kawhi has also won a ring. Ariza, despite his age, is still playing solid defense and he's shooting 36% on 5.5 3PA per game. He's not the All-Star level guy I would ideally want but he does what CJ is supposed to do and brings the intangibles of a winner.

People like to try and swap a bad player for a better player but that never makes sense for the opposing team. In this case it's not CJ for Ariza because the value for Phoenix is the PG they have been looking for. I also hope that giving Delon more control over the bench helps him to be more aggressive and effective passing the ball.
DONZ88
Sophomore
And1: 288

Post#754 » by DONZ88 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:37 pm

JV + Delon for Hassan Whiteside anyone? Or Serge + Delon.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#755 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:58 pm

With the need for another mobile bug who can defend and rebound, it would be nice if Boucher could be that guy. We would still have Monroe, who I always forget is actually on the team, if we need a stronger center sometimes. Like how the hell does Monroe never play? I like the insurance policy but I think he makes JV even more expendable as he provides a lot of the same profile, particularly with JV not hitting 3s like last year.

Let's move some of JV, OG, Fred and a protected 1st for the best player we can get. Let Monroe and Boucher play a bit and go from there.
CoachJReturns
RealGM

Post#756 » by CoachJReturns » Tue Dec 4, 2018 4:59 pm

DONZ88 wrote:JV + Delon for Hassan Whiteside anyone? Or Serge + Delon.

I'd rather have JV and Delon myself.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#757 » by dalton749 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 5:15 pm

The most gettable guy that could help us is Jeremy Lin imo. We need a guard who can break down the defense not a Lowry clone in Fred.
kai_bouche
Sixth Man
And1: 10,166

Post#758 » by kai_bouche » Tue Dec 4, 2018 5:34 pm

dalton749 wrote:The most gettable guy that could help us is Jeremy Lin imo. We need a guard who can break down the defense not a Lowry clone in Fred.

Insanity
Kingsway_fan wrote:Lol boucher in two minutes.. 2 blocks, 2 pts, 2 ribs, 1 stl
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#759 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 6:00 pm

dalton749 wrote:The most gettable guy that could help us is Jeremy Lin imo. We need a guard who can break down the defense not a Lowry clone in Fred.

I would love Linsanity (rather have him than Lou Will). A guy who can generate his own offense and shoot the 3.

Wonder if Hawks would do a Delon Wright, Norman Powell, CJ Miles and a 2nd round pick for Jeremy Lin and Dedmon. Works in the trade checker.
Denisaur9
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#760 » by Denisaur9 » Tue Dec 4, 2018 6:21 pm

Time to consolidate....I believe that FVV has alot of value league wide as PG who can start and personally I believe in Wright more moving forward. I'd sell high on FVV and I also think Powell being 24 has some not alot but value.

I'd do a FVV,Powell and OG for Beal. This would have to be done on Jan 15 because of Freddy's new deal.

Gives the Wiz some talent and some toughness and we get that 3rd star who under contract at 25 mil for 2 more years.

Still have JV,Monroe,Miles,Wright and we could move Green to the bench. Miles could be inserted instead of Powell in the Wizards wanted.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Toronto Raptors