ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,158

Re: 2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread 

Post#781 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 7:04 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Believe me gentlemen - if Davis hits the market, we aren't even in the conversation.

I know, not what you wanted to hear. But it is the truth

well there will be conversation, but it will be Masai just checking in on who the Pelicans want in.

Masai will be like - you want Boucher? hell no.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#782 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Dec 5, 2018 7:12 pm

Asif16 wrote:I feel like people are giving up on FVV way too fast.

People have to realize that FVV made his hay last season from the bench. Our bench this season has been considerably different. We have to give FVV along with others, some more time to get acclimated.

FVV imo is still a huge part of this team. His shooting and IQ are crucial for this team. He's just lacking chemistry and feel for the game right now

I mean yeah we shouldn't be throwing him in deals but it there's a chance to make a significant upgrade somewhere, I'd look at it.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#783 » by StopitLeo » Wed Dec 5, 2018 10:12 pm

People have to realize that FVV made his hay last season from the bench. Our bench this season has been considerably different. We have to give FVV along with others, some more time to get acclimated.

FVV imo is still a huge part of this team. His shooting and IQ are crucial for this team. He's just lacking chemistry and feel for the game right now

I don't think trading him means we have given up on him. It just means who we get back will help us more (or at least we think he will). Given how the bench is playing I think Ariza would be more useful than Fred. But I also trust that Delon will play better with the ball in his hands instead of being the off guard when paired with Fred.

As far as Anthony Davis, I don't see the Lakers trading for him. They'll just wait to try and get him in free agency. Maybe it is homer bias but I think a package based on OG, Pascal, our 2021 first round pick (and possibly another first) is pretty competitive if NOP is looking to rebuild and trade Davis. If they are willing to give up Tatum and Brown then Boston can offer a better package. They would also have to add Smart to make the money work but the big thing is that they have several future 1st they can move. Would they give up Tatum and Brown though? That's the question. Of course, there could be non-contending teams in the mix but I'm not going to think about that.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Post#784 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:43 am

StopitLeo wrote:

I don't think trading him means we have given up on him. It just means who we get back will help us more (or at least we think he will). Given how the bench is playing I think Ariza would be more useful than Fred. But I also trust that Delon will play better with the ball in his hands instead of being the off guard when paired with Fred.

As far as Anthony Davis, I don't see the Lakers trading for him. They'll just wait to try and get him in free agency. Maybe it is homer bias but I think a package based on OG, Pascal, our 2021 first round pick (and possibly another first) is pretty competitive if NOP is looking to rebuild and trade Davis. If they are willing to give up Tatum and Brown then Boston can offer a better package. They would also have to add Smart to make the money work but the big thing is that they have several future 1st they can move. Would they give up Tatum and Brown though? That's the question. Of course, there could be non-contending teams in the mix but I'm not going to think about that.

If Boston offers Brown, Smart, a first and another minor piece, that's probably better than anything else out there, depending on the value of the first.

If AD goes on the market, 99% he ends up in Boston
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#785 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:46 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

If Boston offers Brown, Smart, a first and another minor piece, that's probably better than anything else out there, depending on the value of the first.

They cant trade for him this season due to the rose rule. Since AD and Kyrie are both currently on Rose Rule contracts. They both cannot be on the same team. So unless Kyrie is going back the other way Boston cant trade for AD until Kyrie signs a new contract.
alienswon
Rookie
And1: 2,174

Post#786 » by alienswon » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:54 am

Lowry 31 | 33
Val 16 | 17
Powell 9 | 10 | 11 | 11
CJ 8 | 9
--------------
Beal 25 | 27 | 28
Wall 20 | 38 | 41 | 44 | 47
M.Morris 8

Why for Wizards: shed salary to tank
Why for Raptors: Beal and Wall are great 2 and 3 options.
Why it won't happen: im delusional and wishful

Wall/VanVleet/Wright
Beal/Green
Leonard/OG/Malachi
Siakam/Morris
Ibaka/Monroe/Boucher
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#787 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:23 am

alienswon wrote:Lowry 31 | 33
Val 16 | 17
Powell 9 | 10 | 11 | 11
CJ 8 | 9
--------------
Beal 25 | 27 | 28
M.Morris 8

Wall/VanVleet/Wright
Beal/Green
Leonard/OG/Malachi
Siakam/Morris
Ibaka/Monroe/Boucher
You do realize Wall has a 15% trade kicker right? Lowry is playing like the best point guard in The East, at worst Lowry is top three in the league right now. I don't see Wall and Beal working together, with that deal you can say goodbye to Leonard, I think Wall is just a toxic teammate.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
alienswon
Rookie
And1: 2,174

Post#788 » by alienswon » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:57 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Val 16 | 17
Powell 9 | 10 | 11 | 11
CJ 8 | 9
--------------
Beal 25 | 27 | 28
M.Morris 8

Wall/VanVleet/Wright
Beal/Green
Leonard/OG/Malachi
Siakam/Morris
Ibaka/Monroe/Boucher
You do realize Wall has a 15% trade kicker right? Lowry is playing like the best point guard in The East, at worst Lowry is top three in the league right now. I don't see Wall and Beal working together, with that deal you can say goodbye to Leonard, I think Wall is just a toxic teammate.

Lowry has mental problems. passing 3 point shots cause of a couple misses.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#789 » by Uncle Dennis » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:58 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Val 16 | 17
Powell 9 | 10 | 11 | 11
CJ 8 | 9
--------------
Beal 25 | 27 | 28
M.Morris 8

Wall/VanVleet/Wright
Beal/Green
Leonard/OG/Malachi
Siakam/Morris
Ibaka/Monroe/Boucher

Wait what? I don't agree with this trade but Lowry isn't playing like the best PG on the East. Kemba and Kyrie are easily better atm.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#790 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:43 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:AD
Diallo or Miller

for

OG
Siakam
JV
Miles

Raps offer a lot better than Lakers rumoured proposal: Brandon Ingram, Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and a 2020 unprotected first-round pick

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7hjxbhk

I think wed all be nervous of having traded all our youth and depth for a guy who's about to hit free agency.
Still it does make the Raptors a serious threat to Golden Syate having 2 guys who are that good on both ends of the floor.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#791 » by Jkam31 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 9:36 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

He’ll be in Philadelphia for Ben/Miami 1st that offer is unbeatable

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#792 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 10:46 am

CoachJReturns wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:AD
Diallo or Miller

for

OG
Siakam
JV
Miles

Raps offer a lot better than Lakers rumoured proposal: Brandon Ingram, Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and a 2020 unprotected first-round pick

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7hjxbhk

I think wed all be nervous of having traded all our youth and depth for a guy who's about to hit free agency.
Still it does make the Raptors a serious threat to Golden Syate having 2 guys who are that good on both ends of the floor.

its risky but we have both Kawhi and AD's bird rights. we can give both players the extra year of security = largest contract + AD and KAwhi - we're basically selling one with the other. Kawhi and AD. The Klaw and The Brow, all in one room? it practically sells itself.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#793 » by Raptors Realtor » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:32 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

Its definitely gonna take more then brown, smart and a 1st to get Davis... Thats a deal we could easily beat with JV, Siakam, OG, FVV.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#794 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:47 pm

Masai not going to trade siakim...he will be key next year if/when kawai bolts....

I would look to package oG, delon, powell, CJ for upgrade and also buyouts....
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#795 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:57 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

Its definitely gonna take more then brown, smart and a 1st to get Davis... Thats a deal we could easily beat with JV, Siakam, OG, FVV.

Boston: Smart/Brown/Tatum
Toronto: FVV or Delon/ Siakam/ OG/ Powell or Miles

those are premise of a trade to start the conversation for a deal with AD

The packages are similar but Boston has advantages with the 1st round picks from other teams as well. Tatum projects to be a go-to or complimtary scorer type player star while Siakam can get to a complimentary star role type player
StopitLeo
RealGM

Post#796 » by StopitLeo » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:07 pm

Jkam31 wrote:He’ll be in Philadelphia for Ben/Miami 1st that offer is unbeatable

It might be if NOP thinks Simmons is enough. Philly would also need to match salary and have some of that come from good players/prospects. One could be Fultz but after that they have nothing. I do question whether Philly would like the idea of AD/Embiid up front over Simmons/Embiid long term. Butler also influences things since you'd now have 3 guys needing the ball in their hands to be effective.

HeadtopChunes wrote:They cant trade for him this season due to the rose rule. Since AD and Kyrie are both currently on Rose Rule contracts. They both cannot be on the same team. So unless Kyrie is going back the other way Boston cant trade for AD until Kyrie signs a new contract.

Great point! I never registered that Kyrie being a Designated Veteran acquired by trade prevents Boston from trading for another one. Well that sure changes things doesn’t it? I mean, Kyrie is better than Holiday but you’re going to be paying $26M to a backup PG with 4 years on his deal unless you can move him.

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Boston: Smart/Brown/Tatum

The packages are similar but Boston has advantages with the 1st round picks from other teams as well. Tatum projects to be a go-to or complimtary scorer type player star while Siakam can get to a complimentary star role type player

As noted above the Celtics can’t trade for AD unless Kyrie goes the other way because of the rules surrounding the number of players on Designated Veteran contracts you can have on your roster. This just came to my attention (thanks HeadtopChunes) so I think that pretty much rules Boston out. That is unless NOP is willing to have Kyrie and Holiday on their roster, which would be $45M tied up in their starting and backup PG. Sure they can probably move Kyrie (I don’t see anyone taking Holiday’s deal) but does that make sense when he is the better player?

I don’t see many other teams near the top of the standings who have a combination of good contracts to match salary, good young players, and good picks. A package starting with Pascal, OG, our 2021 first round pick would be pretty competitive. If we don't sign a big free agent in 2020 that pick could be pretty high.

Of course, this is all dependent on Davis telling NOP he isn’t going to sign an extension. :pray:
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#797 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:06 pm

StopitLeo wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:He’ll be in Philadelphia for Ben/Miami 1st that offer is unbeatable

It might be if NOP thinks Simmons is enough. Philly would also need to match salary and have some of that come from good players/prospects. One could be Fultz but after that they have nothing. I do question whether Philly would like the idea of AD/Embiid up front over Simmons/Embiid long term. Butler also influences things since you'd now have 3 guys needing the ball in their hands to be effective.

HeadtopChunes wrote:They cant trade for him this season due to the rose rule. Since AD and Kyrie are both currently on Rose Rule contracts. They both cannot be on the same team. So unless Kyrie is going back the other way Boston cant trade for AD until Kyrie signs a new contract.

Great point! I never registered that Kyrie being a Designated Veteran acquired by trade prevents Boston from trading for another one. Well that sure changes things doesn’t it? I mean, Kyrie is better than Holiday but you’re going to be paying $26M to a backup PG with 4 years on his deal unless you can move him.

As noted above the Celtics can’t trade for AD unless Kyrie goes the other way because of the rules surrounding the number of players on Designated Veteran contracts you can have on your roster. This just came to my attention (thanks HeadtopChunes) so I think that pretty much rules Boston out. That is unless NOP is willing to have Kyrie and Holiday on their roster, which would be $45M tied up in their starting and backup PG. Sure they can probably move Kyrie (I don’t see anyone taking Holiday’s deal) but does that make sense when he is the better player?

I don’t see many other teams near the top of the standings who have a combination of good contracts to match salary, good young players, and good picks. A package starting with Pascal, OG, our 2021 first round pick would be pretty competitive. If we don't sign a big free agent in 2020 that pick could be pretty high.

Of course, this is all dependent on Davis telling NOP he isn’t going to sign an extension. :pray:

Does Kyrie even have a DVC? i don't think he does. Does Horford have one? no.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#798 » by Raptors_128 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:29 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

Kyrie does, Horford does not.

Pelicans don't even think about moving AD until he turns down the supermax extension available this summer. Kyrie also gets a new contract this summer, which means the Celtics can trade for AD this summer.

Lakers are the team I think will go above and beyond to acquire AD. Danny Ainge never does a bad deal but, Magic doesn't care. Everyone will be on the table for AD. Ingram + Lonzo + Kuzma + 2019 1st + 2021 1st is not something we can compete with.
StopitLeo
RealGM

Post#799 » by StopitLeo » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:46 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Does Kyrie even have a DVC? i don't think he does. Does Horford have one? no.

Kyrie does. It doesn't matter if Horford does or not because he signed as a free agent and the restriction is that only one of the two allowed can be by trade. He does not for the record.
StopitLeo
RealGM

Post#800 » by StopitLeo » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:53 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
StopitLeo wrote:

Kyrie does, Horford does not.

Pelicans don't even think about moving AD until he turns down the supermax extension available this summer. Kyrie also gets a new contract this summer, which means the Celtics can trade for AD this summer.

Lakers are the team I think will go above and beyond to acquire AD. Danny Ainge never does a bad deal but, Magic doesn't care. Everyone will be on the table for AD. Ingram + Lonzo + Kuzma + 2019 1st + 2021 1st is not something we can compete with.

I think we have acknowledged that any trade is contingent of AD saying he won't sign an extension. If he tells NOP that tomorrow they would be foolish to wait until the summer to see if they can convince him to stay if they can get good assets for him in a trade now.

Sure, the Celtics could trade for him next summer when the DVE restriction isn't an issue but that isn't relevant to whether we can put up a competitive package this season. Speaking of this seasons, I don't think the Lakers would make a trade for AD this year. The timing isn't right yet for that team to go for it yet. They'll keep their young players, let them develop another year, and then look to sign AD in free agency (probably having an inside track already given AD changing representation).

Anyway, this is all a fantasy right now but it is exciting to talk about because acquiring Kawhi didn't seem realistic either.

Return to Toronto Raptors