ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwyane Wade Tweets Appreciation Of Sportsnet's Raptors Intro

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

drew1981
Sophomore
And1: 66

Re: Dwyane Wade Tweets Appreciation Of Sportsnet's Raptors Intro 

Post#41 » by drew1981 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Brinbe wrote:Shows that respect isn't given, it's earned.

Why wouldn’t it. All those players sucked
drew1981
Sophomore
And1: 66

Post#42 » by drew1981 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Sorry Brinbe I quoted you by mistake
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,937

Post#43 » by Anticon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 pm

sca wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:I'm still laughing at Bargs, Hoffa and Fields in the video lmao

They didn't have to do fields like that smh it wasnt his fault

Read on Twitter

Not his fault that he got injured and became unable to shoot :(

LMAO how on earth did Landry Fields and Joey Graham get caught up in this.

Joey's home cooking videos were the most interesting thing about this team for a while.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,542

Post#44 » by Jcity08 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:28 am

Norman Powell + cash for Dwayne Wade

Give him every minute we give Powell, he'd be an instant improvement

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#45 » by MEDIC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 am

Anticon wrote:LMAO how on earth did Landry Fields and Joey Graham get caught up in this.

Joey's home cooking videos were the most interesting thing about this team for a while.

Yeah. I don't get it either. Both were professional & good guys.

Didn't Joey go up to Nunavut (or another territory....can't recall) to visit with troubled youth one time?

There are a lot of players that could have made that video. Too many to count. These 2 don't fit that list.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#46 » by MEDIC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 am

Meeksology wrote:Anyone have a YouTube link to the vid?

Sent from my SM-N950W using RealGM mobile app

nitrous
General Manager
And1: 11,470

Post#47 » by nitrous » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:58 am

Title should be: Dwyane Wade praises Sportsnet's Raptors Intro
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,490

Post#48 » by Mattd97 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 am

HitTheJ wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:was it just me or was Demar noticeably absent from all the guys who "couldnt get us there"

i think you missed the point of the video

twoheadedboy wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:was it just me or was Demar noticeably absent from all the guys who "couldnt get us there"

Well he didn't actually want to leave, unlike the rest of those guys.

like joey, hoffa, fields, etc? my point wasnt that he SHOULD be in it, but that they made sure he wasnt, even in the background. just interesting
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#49 » by Patman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:38 am

I would be very happy if we can get Wade to take up all of Norm and CJ's minutes combined.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#50 » by Kevin Willis » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:23 am

JYD wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:The video is the truth and sometimes truth hurts. It doesn't hurt throw anyone under the bus because that's what happened. Can't see why we're still hurt that Bosh, McGrady and Vince left. It's in the past, lets live in the now.

Sure, but the video itself lives quite a bit the past, doesn't it? The first 20 seconds are a negative start. At 40 seconds, the first stop the insecurities. Then the montage of former players, kinda petty really (like an emo, they didn't appreciate you, you deserve better). Then the final, quit with the insecurities.

It should have just been, ok the first 20 seconds as a quick reference to the past, none of the other stuff I mentioned. For me there's a lot of dwelling and fixating in there, it's quite ironic.

It doesn't really matter because it's SN and not the team producing it, but if it were the team it would be a completely different story. I thought the other parts were great but the end product was pretty cringy for me.

The funny thing is, I feel a lot of this has been created based on one lame reporter's question and MU's response (I thought even his response at the time was a bit long winded and emotional, taking it too seriously). I don't get the vibe that Toronto fans actually think about the past that much, or worry about TO not being good enough anymore. I mean the video is talking about getting over VC, hasn't he already been cheered? I think most fans are already over this stuff. I despised VC passionately myself when he exited, but got over it years ago.

Sure there are elements of it around, but it used to be much, much worse imo. Much ado about nothing.

I don't think the intro was meant for us as much as it was meant for the US viewership on ESPN. Yes, it does talk about us moving on but it addresses the narrative ESPN talks about Toronto all the time. So I looked at is as saying Toronto fans, don't believe the hype from down south - we're a good team. Don't worry about ESPN saying Kawhii is going to the Clippers, we will enjoy him while he is here. That's why I liked it because it sent a message to ESPN viewership in the passive aggressive Canadian way.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
jojo152433
Senior
And1: 199

Post#51 » by jojo152433 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:35 am

sca wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not his fault that he got injured and became unable to shoot :(

Including Fields and Bargs wasn't a knock on them. It was a knock on the man who brought them to Toronto.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#52 » by SharoneWright » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:41 am

MEDIC wrote:
Anticon wrote:LMAO how on earth did Landry Fields and Joey Graham get caught up in this.

Didn't Joey go up to Nunavut (or another territory....can't recall) to visit with troubled youth one time?

There are a lot of players that could have made that video. Too many to count. These 2 don't fit that list.

I'm telling you, it's a shot at BC. Bargs, Fields,,,, Babcock with Joey, and Hoffa ,,,and even a shot at Glenn with Aaron and Eric Williamss. All the stupid management mistakes. MU is grabbing this thing by the balls and shaking his as$ at those who came before.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
simmons21
Junior
And1: 472

Post#53 » by simmons21 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:53 am

MEDIC wrote:

Pretty sure that was PJ Tucker & Fred Jones w/ Norma Wick.
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#54 » by 6ixSideSniper » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:17 am

LJKO wrote:People may laugh at this video because they know Kawhi ain't staying but having Kawhi for 1 year is better than having nothing for the next decade or 2 after Lowry is gone

I think the video alludes to that, this could be a 1 year run, so enjoy the ride.

I like this a lot. Bold and different approach to how these type of situations were handled in the past.

Masai also wasn't lying when he said he's going to pay homage to DeRozan in any way he can as long as Masai's still with the organization. Re-emphasizing that trading DeRozan was not an easy decision definitely buys cookie points with the fans and DeRozan.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#55 » by traps#10 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:41 am

This should be our new seasons opener vid
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#56 » by MEDIC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 am

SharoneWright wrote:I'm telling you, it's a shot at BC. Bargs, Fields,,,, Babcock with Joey, and Hoffa ,,,and even a shot at Glenn with Aaron and Eric Williamss. All the stupid management mistakes. MU is grabbing this thing by the balls and shaking his as$ at those who came before.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Joey & Hoffa were probably the two worst draft pick the organization had ever made. There were "no brainer" choices available that fell in their lap (Danny Granger & Andre Iguodala).

They should have just put BC & Babcock's face in there. Maybe Masia told them not to....
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#57 » by SharoneWright » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:03 am

MEDIC wrote:
SharoneWright wrote:I'm telling you, it's a shot at BC. Bargs, Fields,,,, Babcock with Joey, and Hoffa ,,,and even a shot at Glenn with Aaron and Eric Williamss. All the stupid management mistakes. MU is grabbing this thing by the balls and shaking his as$ at those who came before.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Joey & Hoffa were probably the two worst draft pick the organization had ever made. There were "no brainer" choices available that fell in their lap (Danny Granger & Andre Iguodala).

They should have just put BC & Babcock's face in there. Maybe Masia told them not to....

Quick story: I was moving across the country on draft day. Took a hotel in nowhereville North Dakota a little earlier than I needed, in order to watch the Charlie/Joey draft. Only question at the counter (motel6 or whatever) was if they had ESPN. Regretted just about everything in my life when they passed on Granger for Joey... (I've barely recovered....)
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#58 » by And1Skip » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:16 am

raptor jesus wrote:
MavCarter wrote:

Yeah imo they should have thrown the decision makers under the bus instead of Bargs, Hoffa, Fields, Joey Graham (wtf?) and Eric and Aaron Williams. All those guys were acquired based on poor decisions made by Babcock and Colangelo.

All in all though, it was super well done, from the writing to the editing.

The context of them in the video is “those that were left behind” after former franchise players left.

Bargs: Bosh left and thus Bargs was thrusted into becoming the next franchise player (DeMar just finished his rookie year).

Eric and Aaron Williams and draft pick that became Joey Graham were the result of VC ruining his own trade value and thus made Babcock trade for them (although I felt any other GM would have made a better trade or drafted Granger instead)

Hoffa was still here when VC left (although that really was Babcock’s fault again)

I have no idea why Fields was in there though. No one left him behind.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#59 » by MEDIC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:37 am

SharoneWright wrote:
MEDIC wrote:

Quick story: I was moving across the country on draft day. Took a hotel in nowhereville North Dakota a little earlier than I needed, in order to watch the Charlie/Joey draft. Only question at the counter (motel6 or whatever) was if they had ESPN. Regretted just about everything in my life when they passed on Granger for Joey... (I've barely recovered....)

Haha

I remember going from super excited that those guys fell into our lap to super furious when we passed on them. Especially when they were taken directly after our draft slot.

I felt the same way (but to a lesser extent) when we passed on Drummond.

I don't think you should ever pass on that type of talent level when they drop that far. You need to believe that you can take advantage of the talent that fell to you & develop that player. It's a lot better than taking some random guy based on need.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#60 » by bape_lovers » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:49 am

masai has truly embraced and change our culture. From **** Brooklyn to this

Inevitable wrote:I’m so glad Masai bitch slapped all the insecurity a lot of people in Toronto have. His entire quote there is legendary.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective

Return to Toronto Raptors