ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Former Raptors Discussion

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

fedord
Sixth Man
And1: 1,414

Re: Official Dwane Casey and DeMar DeRozan Thread 

Post#1221 » by fedord » Mon Dec 3, 2018 2:50 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Volcano wrote:Griffin having a rejuvenated season and Drummond having a career year. I wonder how much credit goes to Casey. I hope he becomes COY again just for laughs.

Detroit is probably the team I’m most afraid of in the playoffs. Our bigs’ 1 v 1 defense against Griffin might be a problem and we have rebounding issues at times..meaning Drummond may have a field day on the glass. Plus, you know they’ll want to win extra bad as Casey’s salt is gonna carry over into his team. It’s also a very Raptors-like scenario..we’ve had too many embarrassing and facepalm moments.

This loser attitude is embarrassing.

Bring the pistons on, sweeping them in 3 easy.

This cocky, arrogant attitude is even more embarrassing. What exactly have the raptors accomplished in the playoffs? Other than taking 7 games to knock off 6-8 seeds in the last five years. Keep it humble until we actually do something of note in the playoffs.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#1222 » by hsb » Mon Dec 3, 2018 8:44 pm

fedord wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Volcano wrote:Griffin having a rejuvenated season and Drummond having a career year. I wonder how much credit goes to Casey. I hope he becomes COY again just for laughs.

Detroit is probably the team I’m most afraid of in the playoffs. Our bigs’ 1 v 1 defense against Griffin might be a problem and we have rebounding issues at times..meaning Drummond may have a field day on the glass. Plus, you know they’ll want to win extra bad as Casey’s salt is gonna carry over into his team. It’s also a very Raptors-like scenario..we’ve had too many embarrassing and facepalm moments.

This cocky, arrogant attitude is even more embarrassing. What exactly have the raptors accomplished in the playoffs? Other than taking 7 games to knock off 6-8 seeds in the last five years. Keep it humble until we actually do something of note in the playoffs.

The last time the Raptors were in a 7 game series was three seasons ago now. So that's not a good example. Beating the Bucks and Wizards the last two seasons in 6 games is perfectly within reason.

I don't think there's anything wrong with both perspectives. You can be humble as a fan but be cocky if you want too. I wouldn't put Detroit as a team I'm most afraid to see in the playoffs lol, but I can understand how Griffin will be a match up issue (but JV does have a great history against both Griffin and Drummond at the same time).
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#1223 » by shmoosicle » Mon Dec 3, 2018 11:13 pm

MOST afraid of Detroit? We are getting off topic here but Drummond/Griffin are not going to be enough to beat the Raptors in a 7 game series.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#1224 » by alienchild » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:46 am

OKC fed Dwane a lot of salt tonight.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#1225 » by vini_vidi_vici » Tue Dec 4, 2018 12:43 pm

Man I hate how DC doesnt keep DD accountable, and just lets him chuck.

DeRozan said Popovich has been "preaching" to him the mantra of "no guilt" when it comes to shooting the basketball.

"I've been listening to him," DeRozan said.

That became apparent after halftime, when DeRozan shook off a shaky 3-of-12 start to score 18 of San Antonio's final 20 points to close the third quarter. DeRozan's outburst included 15 straight points, marking the fourth time in his career that he has poured in 15 or more points in a row and the first time since 2015 that a Spur has scored 15 straight.

The brilliant showing covered half of DeRozan's team-high 36 points on the night, which registered as a season high in scoring for the veteran.

"That's why he has been an All-Star for so long," Popovich said. "You just keep going. If you have a bad stretch, you know the percentages are probably with you. He's been around a long time. He's very confident, and he knows what he can do. That's not going to bother him if he misses a few shots. Scorers shouldn't have a conscience."
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#1226 » by ReggieSlater » Tue Dec 4, 2018 3:01 pm

A coach like Pop would just sit Demar on the bunch and would never let him take those long twos...said everyone on this board last year.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#1227 » by Yosemite Dan » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:06 am

ReggieSlater wrote:A coach like Pop would just sit Demar on the bunch and would never let him take those long twos...said everyone on this board last year.

Don’t think Pops gives a **** anymore about coaching. The game is passing him by. Probably his last season.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1228 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Dec 5, 2018 3:53 am

Looking at the spurs schedule. They legitimately might be 10 games below 500. When we play them
Raptors til death
sofargone
Starter
And1: 1,651

Post#1229 » by sofargone » Wed Dec 5, 2018 4:42 am

with siakam breaking out wonder what poetl would have looked like with us.
Rob Diaz
Analyst
And1: 5,390

Post#1230 » by Rob Diaz » Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:43 am

Poetl has been looking good lately, the only Spur playing well as of late.

It's fitting that a washed-up, antiquated coach like Pop wanted DeMar lol. He's the perimeter version of Aldridge, a career loser.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#1231 » by Tofubeque » Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:53 am

Somebody rescue Poeltl from the Spurs tbh. I don't even care if it's the Raptors, just some team that doesn't play exclusively matador defense
props Turbozone
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#1232 » by lebron stopper » Wed Dec 5, 2018 5:57 am

Tofubeque wrote:Somebody rescue Poeltl from the Spurs tbh. I don't even care if it's the Raptors, just some team that doesn't play exclusively matador defense

Poeltl is the real prize of the Leonard trade for the Spurs, while DeRozan is just the STEALTH tank commander, tbh.
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#1233 » by RaptorHusky » Wed Dec 5, 2018 6:11 am

Tofubeque wrote:Somebody rescue Poeltl from the Spurs tbh. I don't even care if it's the Raptors, just some team that doesn't play exclusively matador defense

Btw, Jak just dropped 20 on Jazz/Gobert
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#1234 » by Volcano » Wed Dec 5, 2018 6:20 am

fedord wrote:
Mikistan wrote:

Depends on what perspective you're looking at it from. If you want to analyse things and be a "fake" GM, going "LOL 3-0 sweep" is probably kind of dumb.

Showing fear or caution also doesn't mean backing down. I mean evolution has ingrained a fight or flight mechanism in us. The ones that freeze during adversity or are unable to predict, recognize, speculate threats are the ones that die off.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#1235 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:41 am

Demar vs Lebron let’s goooo
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,736

Post#1236 » by maternal85 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:54 am

ReggieSlater wrote:A coach like Pop would just sit Demar on the bunch and would never let him take those long twos...said everyone on this board last year.

What other option does he have ? Rudy gay ? He's trying to salvage his trade value. He'll be gone by next year.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1237 » by Scott Hall » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:33 am

Read on Twitter
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#1238 » by Boogie! » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:00 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Demar vs Lebron let’s goooo

Superstar matchup.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#1239 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:07 am

Lol wow LeBron got crossed up by DD

S/O to TZ!
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1240 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Dec 6, 2018 5:40 am