ImageImageImageImageImage

Who are Raptors biggest threat now

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Biggest Threat

Philadelphia
11%
Boston
32%
Milwaukee
57%
Indiana
No votes

Total votes: 171

TheLegendAPO
Junior
And1: 380

Re: Who are Raptors biggest threat now 

Post#41 » by TheLegendAPO » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:10 am

The raps have played an easy schedule so far that has allowed role players to thrive. They have yet to find a way to acclimate Leonard into their lineup. His 26ppg is mostly out of simple Isos and he's always driving in clogged lanes with ibaka literraly asking for a post up night in and night out.

These are cute and nice against bad teams, but as teams improve and they start needing superior talent to bail them, they won't find the needed touch to win those games.

Its like rap fans have never watch the Hawks or something. It doesnt matter if Kawhi is playing for toronto if hes offense comes directly and mostly from isos. He will struggle going up against the best eastern team since Sixers, Bucks both habe acclimated to Giannis and Embiid. The Role players know how to play with a superstar dominating position.

Obviously Cs need work too.

But as it stands the raptors arent exactly doing anything to show they can be a formidable playoff team. Its a team thats gonna win 60 but thats largely due to their 6-9 depth and the fact that they can win 90 of their games with their existing formula.

These Push and run tempo they've been playing against awful teams have very rarely worked in a 7 game scenario. Its impossible to consistently pay at this tempo.
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,407

Post#42 » by Lateral Quicks » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:11 am

6ixSideSniper wrote:Shooters can be bought for relatively low cost as the season progresses.

True, but the cheap ones tend to be one-dimensional. A guy like Korver will be cheap, but he's a massive liability on defense.

The beauty of our club is all the two-way players.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
dublo7
Pro Prospect
And1: 436

Post#43 » by dublo7 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 am

dTox wrote:I'd still rank us ahead of everyone, but based on what I've read in this forum, people are also underrating the impact Jimmy has on a team

That's right.... uhhh only Lebron has stopped us, so - no I'm not scared of any of these teams. I'll rank the threats as:
#1 Boston
#2 Bucks
#3 Philly
Free advice is seldom cheap. ROA#59
Lateral Quicks
RealGM
And1: 16,407

Post#44 » by Lateral Quicks » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 am

TheLegendAPO wrote:The raps have played an easy schedule so far that has allowed role players to thrive. They have yet to find a way to acclimate Leonard into their lineup. His 26ppg is mostly out of simple Isos and he's always driving in clogged lanes with ibaka literraly asking for a post up night in and night out.

These are cute and nice against bad teams, but as teams improve and they start needing superior talent to bail them, they won't find the needed touch to win those games.

Its like rap fans have never watch the Hawks or something. It doesnt matter if Kawhi is playing for toronto if hes offense comes directly and mostly from isos. He will struggle going up against the best eastern team since Sixers, Bucks both habe acclimated to Giannis and Embiid. The Role players know how to play with a superstar dominating position.

You can't expect a guy who's lived in one system his entire professional career to adapt to a new team - with a new coach to boot - in a dozen games. Kawhi spoke about this as recently as a couple days ago. He's got a lot to learn, and Nurse is also on record as saying he has a lot of his offense yet to instill (you don't throw everything at the players at once).

That we're 12-1 despite this is extremely positive, not negative as you're arguing.
Nick Nurse recounting his first meeting with Kawhi:
“We could have gone forever. (Raptors management) kept knocking on the door and I was like, ‘A couple more minutes.’ Because we were really into it."
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#45 » by macNcheese3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 am

Jimmy Buckets is an awesome add for Philly however he isn’t no Kawhi. Further, their bench still needs a helping hand, probably more so now, with the loss of both Cov and Saric.
whatamoron
Rookie
And1: 473

Post#46 » by whatamoron » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:32 am

Complacency
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#47 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:36 am

where's Golden State as a selection?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
E-TRAK
Sixth Man
And1: 552

Post#48 » by E-TRAK » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:38 am

Said it in the summer. Fear the deer

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using RealGM mobile app
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,372

Post#49 » by PushDaRock » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:40 am

It's still going to be Boston. Brad Stevens will get them playing better or they will make the necessary changes in personnel. They have the assets to do it if needed.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#50 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:43 am

In the east its still Boston
TheLegendAPO
Junior
And1: 380

Post#51 » by TheLegendAPO » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 am

Lateral Quicks wrote:
TheLegendAPO wrote:The raps have played an easy schedule so far that has allowed role players to thrive. They have yet to find a way to acclimate Leonard into their lineup. His 26ppg is mostly out of simple Isos and he's always driving in clogged lanes with ibaka literraly asking for a post up night in and night out.

You can't expect a guy who's lived in one system his entire professional career to adapt to a new team - with a new coach to boot - in a dozen games. Kawhi spoke about this as recently as a couple days ago. He's got a lot to learn, and Nurse is also on record as saying he has a lot of his offense yet to instill (you don't throw everything at the players at once).

That we're 12-1 despite this is extremely positive, not negative as you're arguing.

I dont think they're reaching that level this year. It reminds me of Lebron heat 2011. He had to do too much fitting in with Wade. It wasnt until lebron felt more loose did they look unbeatable.

Its a really slippery situation. In one end you cant force feed a superstar in a new system, thats likely going to result in more loses..in another end we know Leonard has not committed to anything. If he feels like its not a gopd fit for him. Hes gone.

Theres legit raptors fans here that thinm they might be able to compete without Leonard because a few of their role players are playing in well against the knicks of the world.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,373

Post#52 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:19 am

In order from biggest threat:

1. Milwaukee
2. Philly
3. Boston
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#53 » by omar36 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 am

we can exploit sixers lack of shooting and carelessness. only team i worried bout is bucks/maybe celtics.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#54 » by ballislife » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:06 am

Well, really, our biggest threat is the Warriors.

76ers are lacking shooting. Jimmy is an option, but he doesn't solve the team's lack of depth at shooting. They got rid of 2/3 of their best shooters, and replaced them with one. Let's see what happens, but their depth in the lineup is shorter now.

Fultz, Simmons have no shot... and they made them a big part of their rotation.

Kawhi on Jimmy... KLow on Fultz... Green on Redick, Ibaka/JV on Embiid...... I like our chances.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#55 » by AreBe » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm

sule wrote:adam silver

In the form of a horrible poem:

Madison Avenue hates Toronto's guts
Raptors hate is not a joke
The NBA officials are the TV network's sluts
Unashamed crooked officiating makes it look like the Raptors choke.
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
Rob Diaz
Analyst
And1: 5,390

Post#56 » by Rob Diaz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 am

Rob Diaz wrote:Milwaukee, easily. They actually match up pretty well against the Raps, they have athleticism, shooting, length, coaching and a legit superstar that can potentially guard Kawhi.

I don't think the Bucks are as good as their record, but they just match up well against the Raps. Definitely the worst potential playoff matchup.
EG73
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#57 » by EG73 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 am

WeTheNorth123 wrote:i called this a long time ago, before the season even began

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1752734

It seems (actually) you were right, and most people disagreed.
Quoting an old post quoting an older post.
"But the thing is, maybe I do want to wake up one morning and say, `Baby, let's go to the Bahamas. Today.' That costs money. So what if I want to do that?
MJ
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#58 » by Lord_Zedd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 am

Kyle Lowry
vesku888
Analyst
And1: 6,201

Post#59 » by vesku888 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 am