ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Lowry is dumpster juice, Raptors secure the L.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Re: PG: Lowry is dumpster juice, Raptors secure the L. 

Post#301 » by nabbs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:33 am

Read on Twitter

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#302 » by Vlade Divac » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:36 am

soloxylo wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Brogdon, not Yanis, DESTROYED us!

He feasted on FVV while Wright, the better matchup was warming the bench.

He did, but at least Fred was giving us points, Delon was giving us bricks with fear.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#303 » by Perishable517 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 am

ratul wrote:Too many minutes early for K Lo? Maybe he wants us to talk shi* about him so he gets fired up?

Also, our crowd was awful. Again. Way to go on turning our home court into a Tampa bay rays game. Ibaka shouldn’t have to coax us!
Really? Sounded great to me!

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,103

Post#304 » by C Court » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:55 am

ratul wrote:Where the EFF was our crowd tonight? Seriously? GTFO and go and watch the ballet you mime loving mutes

Obviously you weren’t at the game.

The crowd was PLAYOFF LOUD through the entire 4th quarter and were solid despite the Raps playing like **** in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
AbC?
Head Coach
And1: 9,585

Post#305 » by AbC? » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:56 am

Not hating, but its hilarious how respectful and lowkey Lowry is with the media when he's struggling versus the ****, surly Lowry when he's playing decently. Remember the same thing when he was having his historically bad playoff run.
C Court
RealGM

Post#306 » by C Court » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 am

I just got back from the game.

Raps can’t win when Lowry plays like trash. Zero points and no effort to hunt down shots or drive to the basket is inexcusable.

Our bench is equally trashy. Delon with Zero points and an ineffective CJ pretty much guarantees a loss.

This was a winnable game, with solid efforts from most of our starters. But the rest of the Raps were huge disappointments.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#307 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:05 am

To all the people on this board who have never been to a Raptors game, which is probably a lot. They mike down the crowd for the 1000th time. It is not dead quiet at the arena, getting so annoying having to read posts by 12 year olds who keep saying how dead the crowd is. It’s one of the loudest crowds in the NBA so do what you think the crowd is doing and shut the hell up. That is all.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#308 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:06 am

AbC? wrote:Not hating, but its hilarious how respectful and lowkey Lowry is with the media when he's struggling versus the ****, surly Lowry when he's playing decently. Remember the same thing when he was having his historically bad playoff run.

Diffucult to get surly when you’ve lost your balls.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,675

Post#309 » by VanWest82 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 am

There's something funky with our bench unit. Fred was good tonight but that unit still sucked. Nurse is tinkering - Pascal got a run with them in the first half. I still think we should try going big with FVV/DW/OG/SI/JV to start 2nd and 4th quarters though tonight wouldn't have worked with Bucks going small with Giannis at the five.
vesku888
Analyst
And1: 6,201

Post#310 » by vesku888 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:08 am

Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,577

Post#311 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:16 am

Another big problem to point out after looking at the stats
Siakam with 25 minutes????

This to me makes no sense when the bench is struggling so much siakam should have no less than 30 he is that important he should be starting the 4th quarter with the bench
C Court
RealGM

Post#312 » by C Court » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:26 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:To all the people on this board who have never been to a Raptors game, which is probably a lot. They mike down the crowd for the 1000th time. It is not dead quiet at the arena, getting so annoying having to read posts by 12 year olds who keep saying how dead the crowd is. It’s one of the loudest crowds in the NBA so do what you think the crowd is doing and shut the hell up. That is all.

Exactly. The whining about the Raps crowd is insulting to the Raps fans who were super LOUD during the Bucks game and are one of the best homecourts in the NBA.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#313 » by ratul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:27 am

Centre Court wrote:
ratul wrote:Where the EFF was our crowd tonight? Seriously? GTFO and go and watch the ballet you mime loving mutes

The crowd was PLAYOFF LOUD through the entire 4th quarter and were solid despite the Raps playing like **** in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Yeah, they were MUTE for the first three quarters and only decided to give a crap after Ibaka coaxed them on. No wonder we have a worse record at home than on the road
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#314 » by Death Knight » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:28 am

When was the last time a player who was still considered an all star, even a fringe one, scored 0 pts playing 24+ mins (at least half the game)?

John Wall scored at least 1 pt last night............and the dude admitted he was hurt and shouldn't have been playing.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#315 » by ratul » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:31 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:To all the people on this board who have never been to a Raptors game, which is probably a lot. They mike down the crowd for the 1000th time. It is not dead quiet at the arena, getting so annoying having to read posts by 12 year olds who keep saying how dead the crowd is. It’s one of the loudest crowds in the NBA so do what you think the crowd is doing and shut the hell up. That is all.

WRONG - I went to GSW and the crowd sucked for the first three quarters - same tonight. Matty D noted it on the broadcast today and Ibaka had to pump up our crowd. Then they started to care. Our in-house team is trash and maybe some of the rowdy fans have been priced out - whatever the reason - our crowd sucked - don't take my word for it - Matty D and Ibaka said the same thing.

Go to a game - and then report back
C Court
RealGM

Post#316 » by C Court » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:37 am

ratul wrote:
Centre Court wrote:

Yeah, they were MUTE for the first three quarters and only decided to give a crap after Ibaka coaxed them on. No wonder we have a worse record at home than on the road

Seriously. GTFO. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I’ve been to over 300 Raps games live and I was in the arena tonight. The Raps fans were LOUD before Serge. The weren’t on mute.

Mike Breen who has been to every NBA arena said on Wednesday that Toronto has one the best fans in the NBA. I believe Breen over you.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#317 » by 720 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 am

AbC? wrote:Not hating, but its hilarious how respectful and lowkey Lowry is with the media when he's struggling versus the ****, surly Lowry when he's playing decently. Remember the same thing when he was having his historically bad playoff run.

Our media is still soft. Not one question about his mental state, why he's not being aggressive after saying he will be the game before. No one brought up his streaky history regarding his shot.

Like cmon people. Ask some insightful questions.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#318 » by bape_lovers » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 am

Totally agree with u..every game i go its bananas

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,207

Post#319 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 am

pingpongrac wrote:This was a frustrating game. It felt like our defence was really good until the final minutes, but Lopez was hitting stepback threes on broken plays to give Milwaukee some much needed points. Then all of the sudden we just stopped defending and allowed easy drives to the basket and left Brogdon wide open on two consecutive possessions. Lowry's missed three when we were up by 3 with ~90 seconds was extremely deflating too. We fought our way back into the game after trailing by 11 thanks to big threes by FVV (twice), Green, Ibaka and Kawhi...but of course Lowry misses the biggest shot of the game up to that point. This has been our 3rd loss in a row where Lowry's god awful shooting/fear of taking a shot has cost us the game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app

red flag is also Kawhi's growing frustration on non-calls. I've seen him put up his hands up on consecutive games. In the play that put up the Bucks for good, he was slow to come back because he was arguing at the refs. Forced us to scramble and ultimately leave Brogdon open.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#320 » by 720 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 am

Centre Court wrote:
ratul wrote:
Centre Court wrote:

Seriously. GTFO. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I’ve been to over 300 Raps games live and I was in the arena tonight. The Raps fans were LOUD before Serge. The weren’t on mute.

Mike Breen who has been to every NBA arena said on Wednesday that Toronto has one the best fans in the NBA. I believe Breen over you.

They've been pretty quiet for most of the year. The crowd's reputation is based off of years past. That being said they were great down the stretch tonight.

Return to Toronto Raptors