ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Lowry is dumpster juice, Raptors secure the L.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Re: PG: Lowry is dumpster juice, Raptors secure the L. 

Post#341 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 am

sule wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:
ratul wrote:
WRONG - I went to GSW and the crowd sucked for the first three quarters - same tonight. Matty D noted it on the broadcast today and Ibaka had to pump up our crowd. Then they started to care. Our in-house team is trash and maybe some of the rowdy fans have been priced out - whatever the reason - our crowd sucked - don't take my word for it - Matty D and Ibaka said the same thing.

Go to a game - and then report back

Really???? Because I was at the GSW game as well as about a half dozen other games this year so I’m not taking your word for it. The only time the crowd was quiet was the Pelicans game. And thats how sporting events work most times. The crowd is not on thier feet non stop from the first minute to the last in the regular season. There is no crowd in the NBA like that but there are very few crowds in the NBA that are as loud as ours during the 4th quarter and other big earlier moments.

+1. Raptors crowds are really underappreciated.

I was at the infamous Spurs-Heat game back when Pop benched Parker, Manu, and Duncan. But Bosh, Wade, and Lebron all played that game. It was silent as hell that game. We sat at the very last row up top, but I'm pretty sure if i yelled out, the players could've heard me.

Raps games are much more entertaining. The snaccs along make it worth it.

Not surprising. Miami is one of the worst sports cities in North America. They don’t show up for Panther or Marlin games and it was like a mausoleum during the Heat glory years. I think Lebron even complained about it back then. The same Lebron who said Toronto had the best crowd not that long ago.

Even the Dolphins have terrible fans considering that’s the iconic franchise for them. I remember back in the early 90s when the Bills and Dolphins were heated rivals. I went down to the Bills/Dolphins AFC championship game in Miami and the crowd absolutely sucked especially compared to Bills home fans. And the Dolphins lost and the crowd didn’t even seem to care and many fans were leaving long before the game was out of reach.
Quiet-Dude
Analyst
And1: 1,676

Post#342 » by Quiet-Dude » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 am

Kyle Lowry reminds me of 2014-2015 Deron Williams, the sooner we accept hes washed up the better.
Klaw basketball
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#343 » by Yeezus_ » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:11 am

Quiet-Dude wrote:Kyle Lowry reminds me of 2014-2015 Deron Williams, the sooner we accept hes washed up the better.

Awful comparison.
Yeezy SZN approaching
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#344 » by C Court » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 am

Quiet-Dude wrote:Kyle Lowry reminds me of 2014-2015 Deron Williams, the sooner we accept hes washed up the better.

Good comparison.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
E-TRAK
Sixth Man
And1: 552

Post#345 » by E-TRAK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:19 am

Lowry will be the 2014 playoffs wizards sweep Lowry in playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using RealGM mobile app
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#346 » by Mister Ze » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:20 am

Watched Kyle lowrys post game interview- it definitely seems like something’s bothering him - either outside of basketball or physically.

(yes I am totally throwing out a wild theory off pure speculation).

I just think in the past when kyles shot wasn’t falling he would still look to attack the basket; this includes the beginning of the season.
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#347 » by And1Skip » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 am

IIRC, Lowry has had a history of going on stretches of shooting under 40% from the field at high volumes then cancels that with stretches of very high efficiency games such that he ends up with low 40s FG% overall. Although i don’t recall he ever finishing with 0pts. But only taking 5 shots, all from 3 that’s just so weird and something must be wrong mentally. I’m still pushing for him. When DeMar used to go on these stretches it’s even worse bc he doesn’t play D or anything else. I hope this west coast trip will help Kyle.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#348 » by CoachJReturns » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:32 am

I was at the game and basically what someone else said of Kyle a couple days back is true. He is basically a 3 or nothing scorer now and I think it's because hes a 6 foot guard who's lost a step. He cant blow by anyone meanwhile Brogdon got by him easily on multiple occasions. I cant ne mad at the guy for declining as a scorer if its partly physical ability. As for fred, he was good tonight playing off the ball his points came on catch and shot 3s. I didn't see him do anything good handling the ball.
Positives were Serge finding his 3 point shot, Pascal having an okay game, OG showing some good effort defensively 1 on 1 against Giannis on a couple possessions and Fred's shooting which I mentioned. And Kawhi looked like 4th quarter Kawhi in crunch time. That no call when he was getting mugged on the baseline killed all momentum and all energy in the building. Refs **** us but Raps were bad and Nurse isnt looking so great. Hes average.

Raps need a trade for a 2nd star. Also if Kyle is strictly a passer now, hes basically a higher paid version of Rubio. 30 million for several straight games with 1 field goal or less is atrocious.

If I was Kawhi, playing with Tobias in LA looks more appealing than playing with this group next year.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,792

Post#349 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:32 am

Went to the game. Was a pretty good game. Despite all my best efforts, I screamed at the court and everyone too much.

Anyone want to tell me one thing... why the **** did Leonard take a 30' shot with 7 seconds left? We just thought wtf. And then ... why did he dribble out the clock?

I haven't read the thread yet, just got home, but I gotta imagine I'm not alone here.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,583

Post#350 » by Syd-TK3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 am

VC720 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:Another big problem to point out after looking at the stats
Siakam with 25 minutes????

This to me makes no sense when the bench is struggling so much siakam should have no less than 30 he is that important he should be starting the 4th quarter with the bench

He was a -7 at the half and I believe we only had 2 guys in the negative.

So he pissed off the coach or something. i didn't watch the first 3q so can't comment much else.

I feel like we need to let him play through his mistakes. He is our second or third best player in a typical game.

Agreed also there wasn't that much mistakes letting a 5 man bench unit with zero offensive flow is not the way to start the 4th quarter
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#351 » by radeonboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:35 am

Kawhi Leonard is a superstar on the Raptors and he never seems to get superstar calls from the refs. Is it the NBA trying to sabotage us? Legit question, if Lebron hypothetically were a Raptor, would he not get his ticky tack fouls called for him?

P.S. why did Kawhi shoot a long range 3 with 7 seconds left? He could have stepped closer to the line before hoisting up a long shot. Kawhi is a legit superstar who is carrying the Raptors right now, but he's not clutch at this time than Jimmy Butler. We need a reliable 2nd legit shooter.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#352 » by CoachJReturns » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 am

radeonboy wrote:Kawhi Leonard is a superstar on the Raptors and he never seems to get superstar calls from the refs. Is it the NBA trying to sabotage us? Legit question, if Lebron hypothetically were a Raptor, would he not get his ticky tack fouls called for him?

P.S. why did Kawhi shoot a long range 3 with 7 seconds left? He could have stepped closer to the line before hoisting up a long shot. Kawhi is a legit superstar who is carrying the Raptors right now, but he's not clutch at this time than Jimmy Butler. We need a reliable 2nd legit shooter.

He was going to get fouled.
He was clutch basically all quarter. Did a little of everything and looked very much the mvp caliber player he is in the last several minutes of the game.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#353 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 am

simple_jack wrote:I’m glad the Lowry/Derozan era almost coming to an end.

Hated his attitude for the longest time

Read the thread finally. You've made of the worst posts in it and that's a real challenge. Congrats.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#354 » by Mister Ze » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:41 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Went ti the game. Was a pretty good game. Despite all my bets efforts, I screamed at the court and everyone too much.

Anyone want to tell me one thing... why the **** did Leonard take a 30' shot with 7 seconds left? We just thought wtf. And then ... why did he dribble out the clock?

I haven't read the thread yet, just got home, but I gotta imagine I'm not alone here.

The Bucks were probably gonna foul - being up 3 and not wanting to risk us hitting a 3, so it was a catch and catch shoot scenario regardless. I'm just disappointed in Nurse's play call, that wasn't a well drawn play.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM

Post#355 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 am

Master Ze wrote:Watched Kyle lowrys post game interview- it definitely seems like something’s bothering him - either outside of basketball or physically.

(yes I am totally throwing out a wild theory off pure speculation).

I just think in the past when kyles shot wasn’t falling he would still look to attack the basket; this includes the beginning of the season.

Kyle has led the league for the last 5 years in excuses made for poor play by the fan base. He’s got 30 milllion reasons to play his butt off and produce. A couple of those years where people were making excuses for his poor playoff performances due to injury didn’t seem to notice that it didn’t hinder him right after those playoff exits. He would go on one of those CrossFit training regimes, drop 20 lbs and get in tip top shape by the end of June. Didn’t seem affected by injury or personal problems then.

Truth is he pouted all summer about his buddy getting traded, refused to stay in shape despite getting paid big bucks and now we’re all paying for it. He played well at the beginning through pure will and smarts but now it’s catching up to him because he’s not in shape and lost all quickness. He’s become reliant on long jumpers knowing he can’t do much else and cant sustain that because he has no lift in his legs.

Maybe he should take some of that 30 million and buy out all the Taco Bell franchises near him and have them boarded up. Eating like a 10 year old was bound to catch up to him. When you’re getting paid that much, at least put in the effort to eat properly and maintain your weight. Every year its the same thing with this clown. Come into camp in shape and then lose it all as the season goes on and wear out by March. How do you gain weight playing a 82 game season is beyond me. Only this time he came into camp out of shape and is already shot by December.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#356 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 am

nabbs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty easy to see after the foul.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#357 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 am

Master Ze wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:Went ti the game. Was a pretty good game. Despite all my bets efforts, I screamed at the court and everyone too much.

The Bucks were probably gonna foul - being up 3 and not wanting to risk us hitting a 3, so it was a catch and catch shoot scenario regardless. I'm just disappointed in Nurse's play call, that wasn't a well drawn play.

Then hit the two, foul, or get fouled from 3. That was a pretty bad shot or pretty bad call.

Down 5 with even minimal time and waiving the white flag... and not trying/shooting.... I dunno. Its a long shot but I don't like the easy surrender.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,632

Post#358 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:[

Maybe he should take some of that 30 million and buy out all the Taco Bell franchises near him and have them boarded up. Eating like a 10 year old was bound to catch up to him. When you’re getting paid that much, at least put in the effort to eat properly and maintain your weight. Every year its the same thing with this clown. Come into camp in shape and then lose it all as the season goes on and wear out by March. How do you gain weight playing a 82 game season is beyond me. Only this time he came into camp out of shape and is already shot by December.

Is this a known thing, his diet? Or just speculation?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM

Post#359 » by Yosemite Dan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:00 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:[

Is this a known thing, his diet? Or just speculation?

I doubt he’s pudgy from gouging on junior salads with ultra light dressing. More likely from BOGO burrito month at the Bell.

You know how much energy a NBA player expends during a season with games and practice? Do you know of any other player that routinely gains weight during the season? I don’t. Remember how difficult a time Bosh had to keep his weight on when he would bulk up in the summer?
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#360 » by bape_lovers » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:10 am

We had no timeout lefts..that wouldn’t work

Johnny Bball wrote:
Master Ze wrote:

Then hit the two, foul, or get fouled from 3. That was a pretty bad shot or pretty bad call.

Down 5 with even minimal time and waiving the white flag... and not trying/shooting.... I dunno. Its a long shot but I don't like the easy surrender.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective

Return to Toronto Raptors