ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Lowry playing injured or purposely sabotaging the Raptors,

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Re: Is Lowry playing injured or purposely sabotaging the Raptors, 

Post#41 » by Brinbe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 am

At this point, who the fk knows. That he's not even trying to attack the rim anymore has to be a worry.
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#42 » by BillyGM » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:06 am

Probably could get Wall for him
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,411

Post#43 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:13 am

BillyGM wrote:Probably could get Wall for him

Washington would jump at the offer. But we shouldn't.

People don't realize how bad Wall is and how much money he's owed.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#44 » by Reeko » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 am

This theory that he's purposely throwing games is absurd. There is no one on the team that wants to win more than Lowry. There are probably a bunch that want to win as much, but none more. My theory is that his back is still hurting from being shoved into someone's knee during the GS game. Aside from his shooting slump from 3, he's also not driving and if you recall when he drives in for a lay up he tends to extend his whole body to the point where he's almost horizontal and ends up taking a fall. His reluctance to do this suggests, at least to me, that he is hurt. Nick Nurse said he wasn't injured, there is a difference between being injured and being hurt.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
rotty
Head Coach
And1: 35,090

Post#45 » by rotty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 am

What incentive does he have to purposely play bad. thats an insane idea...

Playing bad makes him personally look bad
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,255

Post#46 » by SurgeIblocka » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 am

Lowry is a douche.
He is purposely sabotaging ever since EsPN all access you can tell he doesnt want to be here. Biatch cant even get layups like he use to, hes not even trying. He is trying to make the raps lose Kawhi. Its plain and simple!

Why would he sabotage you ask?
Well if Kawhi leaves it gives Demar and Lowry all the excuses to say i told you so!
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Post#47 » by gp2015 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 am

This is the exact same guy that prioritized playing in the all star game over resting his injured shoulder so I wouldn't put it past him.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
NirvanaFC
Veteran
And1: 2,600

Post#48 » by NirvanaFC » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:24 am

If he's sabotaging, why is he still playing defense and taking charges? You guys are **** ridiculous.
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#49 » by StringerBell » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:26 am

Has any one of the journalists asked him why he's been so passive lately?

edit: never mind - here's a half-assed article by Zwelling

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/lowrys-offensive-slump-continues-loss-bucks/
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#50 » by Skeezo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:28 am

This is nothing but bad karma coming to haunt Lowry... It was bad karma when Lowry went up to hug Casey and whispered in his ear "I'm gonna kick your ass" or something to that extent and we ended up losing to Detroit... It's bad karma when Lowry acts like a douche on ESPN slandering the organization and the man that have guaranteed you and your family over 130m for 6 years of service and now he's stuck slumping and regressing at the same time... Lowry is a superstitious dude, he should know better

See him in the last two post game interviews... Now he is Mr Humble... Anyways, while I give Lowry a hard time, I don't believe he is sabotaging or pouting.
jeffyjaixx
Veteran
And1: 3,367

Post#51 » by jeffyjaixx » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:28 am

Well, the silver lining is the longer Lowry plays like this, the more likely Masai will make a trade.
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#52 » by popfan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:33 am

goinrogue wrote:What I don't understand is why if he's in a shooting slump is he just jacking threes? Why doesn't he go to the hoop for free throws or shoot some 2's to get his confidence up? Kyle has a reputation for being hard-headed and it makes me wonder if Nurse is afraid to hold him accountable.

This is an interesting response. What is happening behind closed doors? He's playing like he's the walking dead. But why? Perhaps he alienated his teammates. Perhaps he's struggling with Kawhi's stardom and Kawhi's anti-social tendency. Perhaps he's privately requested a trade and prematurely given up on the Raptors.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#53 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 am

I doubt he's throwing games, that's not his personality, but the last three losses were on him. Also he's never had a "hot" stretch this season. He's had 0 games where he's scored over 20 pts back to back. 0. Last year at this time he had 3 and a stretch where he scored over 15 pts in 6 games straight.

One thing is clear is when he plays like this we lose. In the losses he's scored 9,4,14,14,5,3,0. Those are bench numbers. His 3 pt% is under 20% in the losses. I would like to say he does this against great teams but he did this against Brooklyn. I would like to say this happened after ESPN Raptors day but it was before that. He'll snap out of it but until then this 14 game tough streak that started off well is going to be very, very bad.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#54 » by Valard » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 am

hype_2004 wrote:
xavis wrote:He's just not as good as his hot start earlier this year.

Yeah but he's throwing goose eggs the past 3 or 4 games, he never had this spell before, never.

He has definitely been brutal for lengthy stretches every year. I'm glad that this time its early in the year versus going into the playoffs
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#55 » by Natural11 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 am

goinrogue wrote:What I don't understand is why if he's in a shooting slump is he just jacking threes? Why doesn't he go to the hoop for free throws or shoot some 2's to get his confidence up? Kyle has a reputation for being hard-headed and it makes me wonder if Nurse is afraid to hold him accountable.

Say what you will about Casey, but he did have the balls to bench his star players if they weren't performing. Of course, the bench was a lot better last year and took over their fair share of games.

Either way, there's something up with him. He's so determined to pad his assist stats that he won't even attempt a lay-up if there's someone within 10 feet he can dish to. In my years of watching him, I've never seen this type of slump from him before.

I don't think he's given up. He's still playing hard defense, but given that it's December and not March, they should consider resting him a game or two and see if he can sort himself out.
yogimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,927

Post#56 » by yogimvp » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 am

i cant believe people are saying its just a slump. the worst players in the league can manage to score more points if given the same minutes as lowry.

he is either hiding a major injury or just being a little ***** to get back at masai
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#57 » by Brinbe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 am

Everyone speculating on things but none of us really know, it could be anything... but it's weird how the actual team, the coaches/management. is seemingly not even really discussing it or rather, they're ignoring it. It's all weird and it's made weirder because we're all just outside looking in. And that they're just letting this play out so nonchalantly adds it it. His minutes aren't going down, his role is the same as ever, his teammates have carried on as if he's playing normally. But his struggles have been so pronounced.

It's just this giant elephant in the room that everyone there is ignoring. Why? To save his feelings? If it's an injury, give him time off. If it's something else, that's even more serious. But there's certainly nothing normal about his slump over the past few weeks, and we gotta get him right one way or another. Expecting him to just suddenly return to normal may not be the best option anymore, especially the longer this goes on.

We need an answer, a real one. Just acting like everything is fine, which they've been doing, is costing us games.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#58 » by omar36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:13 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
BillyGM wrote:Probably could get Wall for him

Washington would jump at the offer. But we shouldn't.

People don't realize how bad Wall is and how much money he's owed.

over 40+ million avg for 4 years starting next season.

that is over 40 million for john wall for 4 years.
40 million :lol:
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#59 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 am

2 words: Mental Midget
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#60 » by jeffya2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:22 am

Rob Diaz wrote:He's playing against DeMar on January 3rd, it's likely been weighing him down .

He's more focused on his nightly calls to Demar

Return to Toronto Raptors