ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Lowry playing injured or purposely sabotaging the Raptors,

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

microjacklin
Pro Prospect
And1: 555

Re: Is Lowry playing injured or purposely sabotaging the Raptors, 

Post#61 » by microjacklin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 am

I never seen a player with this kind of big drop off in short time either
At the beginning of the season people still said this is Lowry's team instead Kawhi based on the performance
but suddenly he just disappear and can't score anything!!!

there must something happened to him
it's either injury(including mental) or he just doesn't want play here
Masai need to solve it as soon as possible
I don't see Kawhi sign here next season based on recent performance
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#62 » by Mister Ze » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 am

on the bright side, his production has dropped prior to the trade deadline-putting the pressure on Masai and not Kyle to make a move.

As others have pointed out- there has to be something we’re not being told about him.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#63 » by FreshyFlames » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 am

Guess people can stop talking about Lowry for mvp now.
#Clowns
Raps in 6ix
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#64 » by jeffya2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 am

Brinbe wrote:At this point, who the fk knows. That he's not even trying to attack the rim anymore has to be a worry.

This is exactly the proof that Lowry is playing games
Tonight he scored 0 points
Lowry ALWAYS if his shot was off would go to the rim
He is also a master at using his body to get contact and go to the Line
This is deliberate crap by Lowry

Remember this is NOT the 1st time we've seen this game from him
Remember when he refused to run the team the way Casey wanted
Masai traded him to New York but they changed their mind
Casey then caved in to Lowry Letting him play the way he wanted
That did lead to the team improving greatly,
But it showed how nuts he can be when he doesn't get his own way

Lastly, Lowry deliberately waited, to piss on Masai's parade
He chose, the week that Masai, Toronto, Mandela, Giants of Africa, and ESPN all came together, to publically throw shade on Masai & Toronto
Bad 3 point shooting is one thing BUT the rest of this is all another

Quit acting like this is out of character for Lowry
Ask Jesse Murman what lowry is like if you cross him
He feels that him and Demar build the Raptors
And no Kawhi is gonna steal their legacy away
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#65 » by djsunyc » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:51 am

lowry can't get by any defender anymore. i think this is a simple case of father time y'all. no need to look deeper to try to stir up drama. happens to everyone. the first 10 games of the season's a blip right now.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#66 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:52 am

jeffya2 wrote:
Brinbe wrote:At this point, who the fk knows. That he's not even trying to attack the rim anymore has to be a worry.

This is exactly the proof that Lowry is playing games
Tonight he scored 0 points
Lowry ALWAYS if his shot was off would go to the rim
He is also a master at using his body to get contact and go to the Line
This is deliberate crap by Lowry

Remember this is NOT the 1st time we've seen this game from him
Remember when he refused to run the team the way Casey wanted
Masai traded him to New York but they changed their mind
Casey then caved in to Lowry Letting him play the way he wanted
That did lead to the team improving greatly,
But it showed how nuts he can be when he doesn't get his own way

Lastly, Lowry deliberately waited, to piss on Masai's parade
He chose, the week that Masai, Toronto, Mandela, Giants of Africa, and ESPN all came together, to publically throw shade on Masai & Toronto
Bad 3 point shooting is one thing BUT the rest of this is all another

Quit acting like this is out of character for Lowry
Ask Jesse Murman what lowry is like if you cross him
He feels that him and Demar build the Raptors
And no Kawhi is gonna steal their legacy away

Yeah it is weird that he's not at least driving and absorbing contact for a chance at the line. Usually he does that when his shot is rusty. He hasn't been aggressive AT all. Could be an injury, but it's really weird. I'm just a little tired of the injury excuse tbh.
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#67 » by Tanner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 am

It’s a slump and likely some regression after his great start.

The reason it’s a concern with Lowry is because we know what happens during the playoffs. Either need to trade him or more likely find a way to make him the 3rd guy in the pecking order (iow, trade for someone as good or better than him).
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#68 » by C Court » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:57 am

djsunyc wrote:lowry can't get by any defender anymore. i think this is a simple case of father time y'all. no need to look deeper to try to stir up drama. happens to everyone. the first 10 games of the season's a blip right now.

I expected Lowry to bounce back as recently as a week ago. But watching him live (like you did on Friday), he is unwilling and unable to drive anymore. I don’t think he’s injured. Kyle has lost a step or two and it’s killing his game.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
DONZ88
Sophomore
And1: 288

Post#69 » by DONZ88 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:59 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:Lowry is a douche.
He is purposely sabotaging ever since EsPN all access you can tell he doesnt want to be here. Biatch cant even get layups like he use to, hes not even trying. He is trying to make the raps lose Kawhi. Its plain and simple!

Why would he sabotage you ask?
Well if Kawhi leaves it gives Demar and Lowry all the excuses to say i told you so!

This. He purposely sabotage this team. Where is the psychologist here? Even his body language and the way he talks in post game or
espn interview, you can tell that he is an immature headcase. HE WANTS OUT! Correct me if I am wrong.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager

Post#70 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:00 am

Centre Court wrote:
djsunyc wrote:lowry can't get by any defender anymore. i think this is a simple case of father time y'all. no need to look deeper to try to stir up drama. happens to everyone. the first 10 games of the season's a blip right now.

I expected Lowry to bounce back as recently as a week ago. But watching him live (like you did on Friday), he is unwilling and unable to drive anymore. I don’t think he’s injured. Kyle has lost a step or two and it’s killing his game.

I remember him doing it a bit earlier in his stretch of hot games, but he looks afraid to do anything out there but pass. Just looks hesitant, I think it's a combination of some decline and being scared.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager

Post#71 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:01 am

DONZ88 wrote:
He is purposely sabotaging ever since EsPN all access you can tell he doesnt want to be here. Biatch cant even get layups like he use to, hes not even trying. He is trying to make the raps lose Kawhi. Its plain and simple!

Well if Kawhi leaves it gives Demar and Lowry all the excuses to say i told you so!

This. He purposely sabotage this team. Where is the psychologist here? Even his body language and the way he talks in post game or
espn interview, you can tell that he is an immature headcase. HE WANTS OUT! Correct me if I am wrong.

It's a big conspiracy, but I would just ask, why would a professional basketball player do this? I assume Lowry still wants to compete and win right?
Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Post#72 » by Tanner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 am

Centre Court wrote:

This is also a strong possibility. He’s in his 30s and point guards can fall off in a hurry.

No teams were interested in Lowry last time he was a FA. They know the rep and his age is against him now. Tough to see how this ends well.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#73 » by nabbs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 am

Does this sound like a guy who is trying to sabotage a team!? GTFOH with this narrative

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
DONZ88
Sophomore
And1: 288

Post#74 » by DONZ88 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 am

xavis wrote:
DONZ88 wrote:

It's a big conspiracy, but I would just ask, why would a professional basketball player do this? I assume Lowry still wants to compete and win right?

True he wants to compete and win but not on this team. He just felt betrayed by this organization. Why would he does this? Because his 3 years / 100 millions dollar contract does not include early termination option for quitting. He gets paid regardless, he can ring chase later on like david west on golden state no problem. He just doesnt want to be here now. Hes got a high school child mentality seriously, mad over his boyfriend betrayal. Somebody should slap his head hard, maybe his brain is misalign after taking so many hard charges.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#75 » by Mister Ze » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am

Centre Court wrote:

I don’t think I’m ready to agree with the narrative that he’s permanently lost a step yet. He scored 20 or more in 5 of his first 10 games this season, and it wasn’t just him hitting 3s.

I’m hoping he’s battling fatigue/soreness or just personal issues ; nothing that a little bit of rest won’t fix.
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 629

Post#76 » by galeon110 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am

It’s no secret this mental midget is an immature headcase, the entire league knows this, you can tell by the way his ex-coaches speak of him (i.e Kevin McHale). To be honest, it all makes sense now why we were always a treadmill team with DeRozan and Lowry being the faces, no discredit to their talent, but they severely lack maturity and true leadership qualities. It’s one thing to say all the right things or be a pretender, it’s another to be able to consistently back it up with action. If the Raps are serious about winning this year and re-signing Kawhi, they need to ship Lowry out by deadline. Like someone else said, to get rid of cancer, you need to remove all of it.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,740

Post#77 » by VanWest82 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:39 am

Lowry sits out a game with back issues then proceeds to go 1-7, 2-8, 1-8, 0-5 shooting over the next four, and meanwhile stops driving into the paint, and we're supposed to believe this is all unrelated?

How about this for a theory: Kyle got a little gassed from playing too many high leverage, high creative responsibility minutes and in too many games. Now he's not quite right and he knows it so he isn't playing as confidently.
jeffya2
Veteran

Post#78 » by jeffya2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:43 am

xavis wrote:
DONZ88 wrote:

Kyle & Demar have created a legacy here in Toronto
They {together} took us from a non playoff team to playoff team 4 years in a row
Already, ESPN & others are saying Kawhi has turned Toronto into the best team in the NBA. even though this is bs as We were 5-1 in the games Kawai didn't play

This has been getting worse the more Kawai overtakes the 4th Q
Jealousy is a powerful emotion
This is no longer Lowry's team or Lowry / Demars legacy
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#79 » by radeonboy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:50 am

Lowry is injured, he needs to take a few games off. I too think this happened with his back injury.
jeffya2
Veteran

Post#80 » by jeffya2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 am

Really. So we have now played 28 games
The 1st 10 games were the best we have ever seen him play
The last 10 games he has completely fallen apart
So in an 8 game span he went from the best to completely broken
Was he in a motorcycle accident or
Really did "fall off a cliff"
:nonono:

Return to Toronto Raptors