ImageImageImageImageImage

I think it's time Nurse stops playing a full 5 man bench lineup

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Re: I think it's time Nurse stops playing a full 5 man bench lineup 

Post#21 » by omar36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 am

Natural11 wrote:Siakam and Poertl really meshed well with Delon and FVV last year. Neither of those PGs can seem to figure out JV's slower style of play and both are bad at PNR.

Possible solutions:

1) Give Siakam more minutes with the bench.
2) Start JV to keep him away from the bench.
3) Trade JV for a faster center.

yup, the reason last years bench was so good bc those dudes ran hard. poetl and siakim are pretty fast for their postiions and fred and delon pushed the pace.

JV just ruins that. He should be starting, we have 4 plus defenders so we can hide em somewhat outside 3 pt heavy teams like gsw. Run some plays with jv, hes a great finisher around the rim. make him a focal point early on.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,747

Post#22 » by VanWest82 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:57 am

Clearly we have to do something because the bench has been terrible all year. Even today, Fred made some shots and everyone is focusing on Lowry's struggles, but the line up of FVV/DW/CJ/OG/JV is what killed us. They were -13 in over six minutes. Their Nrtg is -2.3 on the year. With Ibaka in there in place of JV they have a Nrtg of -19.4 on the season.

I like the idea of shifting OG back to SF and going big with Ibaka and JV alongside Fred and Delon. Today that wouldn't have worked. When teams go small Kawhi and Pascal need to play more. No more CJ.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#23 » by Clutch Carter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 am

omar36 wrote:
Natural11 wrote:Siakam and Poertl really meshed well with Delon and FVV last year. Neither of those PGs can seem to figure out JV's slower style of play and both are bad at PNR.

Possible solutions:

1) Give Siakam more minutes with the bench.
2) Start JV to keep him away from the bench.
3) Trade JV for a faster center.

yup, the reason last years bench was so good bc those dudes ran hard. poetl and siakim are pretty fast for their postiions and fred and delon pushed the pace.

JV just ruins that. He should be starting, we have 4 plus defenders so we can hide em somewhat outside 3 pt heavy teams like gsw. Run some plays with jv, hes a great finisher around the rim. make him a focal point early on.

The bench is just as bad with Ibaka, the problem isn't the bigs.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#24 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:13 am

after Siakam leaves the bench unit, its all over.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.

Return to Toronto Raptors