ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps fans are unplayable

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Re: Raps fans are unplayable 

Post#21 » by omar36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:10 am

i honestly think its just a toronto thing.

We expect wayyyyy to much. LIke i see leafs fans crying bc they lost 2 in a row acting liike that teams trash. now we got raps fan acting like we should be tanking.

Teams go through struggles, just enjoy the ride. This is still 100x better any of our previous seasons lol
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,294

Post#22 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:12 am

I think there is an extra layer of fan concern this year, because it is almost too good to be true that we have a superstar like Kawhi. And the worry over him leaving hangs over us, so every bad game brings out the concern that he will get disillusioned
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Charlie Sollers
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,827

Post#23 » by Charlie Sollers » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:13 am

omar36 wrote:i honestly think its just a toronto thing.

We expect wayyyyy to much. LIke i see leafs fans crying bc they lost 2 in a row acting liike that teams trash. now we got raps fan acting like we should be tanking.

Teams go through struggles, just enjoy the ride. This is still 100x better any of our previous seasons lol

I agree for the most part but when LeBron leaves the conference and you trade for Kawhi on what could only be a 1 year rental what should be the expectations be this season?
omar36
Analyst

Post#24 » by omar36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:14 am

DunkedOn wrote:

I agree for the most part but when LeBron leaves the conference and you trade for Kawhi on what could only be a 1 year rental what should be the expectations be this season?

expectations should be first seed and an ecf appearance at the min,

last time i checked we are still first in the east lol. we were doing fine, teams and players have bad nights. its all good.

Rmbr i believe 2013-2014, nets swept the heat in the reg season and paul acted like they were built to dethrone miami only to get destroyed in the playoffs lol.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#25 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:15 am

omar36 wrote:
DunkedOn wrote:

last time i checked we are still first in the east lol. we were doing fine.

To me regular season doesn't matter, other than for home court. I don't think it's too much to expect your star player to score at least 1 point though ?
omar36
Analyst

Post#26 » by omar36 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 am

xavis wrote:
omar36 wrote:
DunkedOn wrote:

To me regular season doesn't matter, other than for home court. I don't think it's too much to expect your star player to score at least 1 point though ?

hes struggling no doubt but wouldn't u want that in December rather then in april? he will figure it out, lets have some faith
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#27 » by Valard » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 am

xavis wrote:
omar36 wrote:
DunkedOn wrote:

Lorenzo didnt get any burn tho...
MikeMars
Junior
And1: 151

Post#28 » by MikeMars » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:05 am

Theres no Raptors fans here, just trolls and haters.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,403

Post#29 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Valard wrote:We are still in first despite our own woes.

Every team has had their problems... we aren't immune to it.

Relax.

At least give it until the all star break before crying to trade every guy on the roster.

Our second best player is averaging 5 PPG on 19% shooting since November 29th.

Our team is shooting 34% from 3 this season, good enough for 21st in the NBA.

These aren't problems we can gloss over. We have a good record because our defence is elite and Kawhi is a monster. But you aren't making a deep playoff run with just one scorer and no outside shooting.

We don't even have a top 5 defence (I think maybe its close or something) and kawhi sits out a lot of games and also isn't GIannis or Steph.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Laylabjays
Pro Prospect
And1: 964

Post#30 » by Laylabjays » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 am

White knighting fans are unplayable.
Seasontickets
Bench Warmer
And1: 600

Post#31 » by Seasontickets » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:13 am

I'm not sure what's going on with Lowry.

It's really weird his shooting has just completely disappeared.

I would give this team until the All-star break to figure it out. Until them, I'm hopeful the Raptors continue to grow individually and as a team.

Lastly, I hope that the Raptor culture isn't about to run another player out of town with their barrage of wildly reactionary posts and comments. I really think the posts reflect more on the Raptor fanbase than the team. At this point, I feel the Raptors could have a Luka Doncic and there would be threads about his 43.6% FG or defensive liabilities.

If we ain't 82-0, it's panac season.
Pretty neat and on the fridge for the real fans:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323749208768
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#32 » by canada_dry » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:52 am

Absolutely intolerable.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Machiavillain
Sophomore
And1: 621

Post#33 » by Machiavillain » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:07 am

You don't understand. Either we have to be clearly the favorites to beat a healthy Warriors team in 6 games or less, or we have to tank for the next 10 years to get a core of 1 legit star, 1 fringe all star robin, a couple of solid starters and a sixth man + filler so we can peak at 52 wins and a 2nd round appearance and do it all over again.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,138

Post#34 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:11 am

Machiavillain wrote:You don't understand. Either we have to be clearly the favorites to beat a healthy Warriors team in 6 games or less, or we have to tank for the next 10 years to get a core of 1 legit star, 1 fringe all star robin, a couple of solid starters and a sixth man + filler so we can peak at 52 wins and a 2nd round appearance and do it all over again.

This team has a very good chance of not even reaching the finals if Masai doesn't bring in some shooters.
Machiavillain
Sophomore
And1: 621

Post#35 » by Machiavillain » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:20 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Machiavillain wrote:You don't understand. Either we have to be clearly the favorites to beat a healthy Warriors team in 6 games or less, or we have to tank for the next 10 years to get a core of 1 legit star, 1 fringe all star robin, a couple of solid starters and a sixth man + filler so we can peak at 52 wins and a 2nd round appearance and do it all over again.

This team has a very good chance of not even reaching the finals if Masai doesn't bring in some shooters.

Which is of course a totally fair point. But would you really rather be the Bucks right now, for this season? The Sixers? The Celtics?

Milwaukee is 10-8 since starting the season 7-0. The Celtics are only now beginning to remember how to score a basketball. Joel Embiid is complaining about not meshing with Jimmy Butler. The Rockets might not make the playoffs, the Nuggets are slowing down after a hot start, and so on and so forth. Even the Warriors looked like they were about to implode earlier in the season.

Nurse hasn't been impressive at all and Lowry has been utterly terrible. Our bench mob has gone ghost and we've gone cold from deep. Yet with Kawhi now on board, between us and any non-Warriors team, I'm picking us every single time. Doesn't mean we don't have our faults, but every major eastern team has them as well, and in spades.
verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Post#36 » by verysalt » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 am

TOP 3 unplayable NBA fans are: Raptors, Celtics and one more (not sure yet). But Raptors and Celtics are for sure the most negative fan base in NBA.
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster
verysalt
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,155

Post#37 » by verysalt » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:22 am

MikeMars wrote:Theres no Raptors fans here, just trolls and haters.

RealGM is for toxic fans, if you want something better you should go to Reddit.
"Sabonis should sit on Myles' shoulders and they would count as one player" - Dax_Webster
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,138

Post#38 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:39 am

verysalt wrote:

Reddit is a circlejerk for homers.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#39 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:34 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
verysalt wrote:

Reddit is a circlejerk for homers.

Whatever. Only a few games ago Lowry was taking monster charges and hitting long threes. So what to do geniuses? Flawed core? That's slump whining disguised as a novel idea. I say let Paskal facilitate and play Lowry as a spot up shooter. Then rest Lowry and play Delon as bench facilitator and let Fred jack threes. Sometimes when a team kills it real competition comes as a complete shock especially on Sunday's. We always go as Lowry does so how is this anything new? Reminder: this the regular season in December...
Mr_NC
Analyst
And1: 5,341

Post#40 » by Mr_NC » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:38 am

This tough December schedule will be a good reality check for the team and this board

Some threads in November got way too gassed

#StayHumble

Return to Toronto Raptors