ImageImageImageImageImage

Stop freaking out over Kyle Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

shefcurry
Junior
And1: 616

Stop freaking out over Kyle Lowry 

Post#1 » by shefcurry » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 pm

....dude is clearly injured. He was taking an absolute beating for a few games during our win streak. Then he sat out with a bad back, and that's when his terrible streak started. If any of you do fantasy ball check his stats after his back injury. It all started then and he hasn't been the same since.

Dude was an MVP candidate to start the season and you want to ship him out already...

Once he heals up and his shot straightens out, he'll be fine.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Stop freaking out over Kyle Lowry 

Post#2 » by RaptorsLife » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Stop with the excuses.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Raptors til death
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#3 » by Michael Jordan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:13 pm

If he's dealing with a bad back I don't understand why he'd try to play through it; that's how you end up seriously injuring it and needing a procedure to correct it.

Team already has 3 backup 3 PG's and it's only the beginning of December.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#4 » by Lord_Zedd » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 pm

So he's injured?

In that case he needs to rest and heal up
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#5 » by everdiso » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 pm

league assists leader in a shooting slump.

the horror.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#6 » by MixxSRC » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:25 pm

I just think it's the start of his decline. He's getting up there in age. He's just too old to go through a whole season.
DONZ88
Sophomore
And1: 288

Post#7 » by DONZ88 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:28 pm

MixxSRC wrote:I just think it's the start of his decline. He's getting up there in age. He's just too old to go through a whole season.

Its still early in December. Any past player declines this fast? From MVP candidate to G League within a month?
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,431

Post#8 » by OfficialRef » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm

damage control to the max.

Guy just isn't a championship player. Maybe if we ship him off fast enough, some GM will bite thinking kyle is stll worthy to play.
shefcurry
Junior

Post#9 » by shefcurry » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Honestly, check his numbers in fantasy. The slump started when he sat out. The story is clear. He's injured.
DONZ88
Sophomore
And1: 288

Post#10 » by DONZ88 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:32 pm

I would rather take a chance on Isaiah Thomas right now, too bad hes in Denver.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6472/isaiah-thomas

Even broken Isaiah Thomas still managed to score in all games hes played in. There is no excuse for 0 point Lowry, dude wants out.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#11 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Injury doesn't explain some of the **** he's doing tho, like 0 points bad. He's still out there banging it up defensively. I don't think he's injured, and quite frankly that's the number one excuse I hear when Lowry begins to play badly. The dude is mentally shook right now, and he's losing games for us at this point. I'm not forgetting his good start to the season, but he's played badly in most of our games against good teams.
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#12 » by shmoosicle » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:39 pm

If he's injured then let him sit? Why would he be forcing himself to play injured when we have several other guards who can play and enough wiggle room in the standings.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
MixxSRC
General Manager

Post#13 » by MixxSRC » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm

xavis wrote:Injury doesn't explain some of the **** he's doing tho, like 0 points bad. He's still out there banging it up defensively. I don't think he's injured, and quite frankly that's the number one excuse I hear when Lowry begins to play badly. The dude is mentally shook right now, and he's losing games for us at this point. I'm not forgetting his good start to the season, but he's played badly in most of our games against good teams.

He's mentally shook because he realized he's old. He can't be a player he used to be.
shefcurry
Junior

Post#14 » by shefcurry » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Seriously. Are any of you ballers? Shooting is a fine motor skill. You can still pass and play defense with certain types of injuries. Don't mean you can shoot straight. Guy bricked his bread-and-butter pullup off the backboard yesterday. That ain't mental.
dbhoops
Rookie
And1: 3,796

Post#15 » by dbhoops » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm

he went to the locker room three times vs bucks.
I think he's either going to stay, or leave.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager

Post#16 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm

MixxSRC wrote:
xavis wrote:Injury doesn't explain some of the **** he's doing tho, like 0 points bad. He's still out there banging it up defensively. I don't think he's injured, and quite frankly that's the number one excuse I hear when Lowry begins to play badly. The dude is mentally shook right now, and he's losing games for us at this point. I'm not forgetting his good start to the season, but he's played badly in most of our games against good teams.

He's mentally shook because he realized he's old. He can't be a player he used to be.

That's possible as well, but I also think he's always been a bit of a "mental midget." Could be both now.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#17 » by Badonkadonk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm

I don't think he's injured. It's just a slump. Klay Thompson went through one at the start of the season where he was shooting 15% from 3 for the first handful of games. It happens.

If Lowry played at the same level that he did for the first ~18 games this season ALL the time, he'd be a perennial top 3 MVP candidate.

This is just some regression. He'll be fine.
MixxSRC
General Manager

Post#18 » by MixxSRC » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm

xavis wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:

That's possible as well, but I also think he's always been a bit of a "mental midget." Could be both now.

He never had a stretch like this. I'm starting to think he's not getting out this.
Uncle Dennis
General Manager

Post#19 » by Uncle Dennis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:I don't think he's injured. It's just a slump. Klay Thompson went through one at the start of the season where he was shooting 15% from 3 for the first handful of games. It happens.

If Lowry played at the same level that he did for the first ~18 games this season ALL the time, he'd be a perennial top 3 MVP candidate.

This is just some regression. He'll be fine.

Yeah in the month of October he had about 7-8 games of bad 3 point shooting percentages. The difference is he made 2's and found ways to score regardless, Kyle has no ability to do that. Another difference is that in between the bad stretch of shooting, he scored 52 points in a game and broke an NBA record making 14 3's. I have no confidence in Kyle's ability to score without the 3.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#20 » by RonaldArtest » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

He goes through slumps like this too often, and if he's our second option where doomed if he's slumping in the post-season. If he's injured he should be resting, no questions asked. We're in December for crying out loud, no need to force the issue this time of year. Teams are going to throw doubles at Kawhi constantly in the playoffs challenging the rest of the team to beat them. That will be the game plan, because if Leonard has a softer spot offensively it's moving the ball and finding guys when trapped/double teamed. If Kyle doesn't step up and provide some reliable scoring punch then the outlook will be bleak for this team, and Kawhi almost assuredly will sign elsewhere.

Return to Toronto Raptors