ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think is the actual reason for Tony Brothers being so ruthless to Toronto Raptors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

scopy
General Manager
And1: 16,421

Re: What do you think is the actual reason for Tony Brothers being so ruthless to Toronto Raptors 

Post#21 » by scopy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:54 am

when he was a child his dad ran off with a woman from Canada and left him and his mom to fend for themselves
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Re: What do you think is the actual reason for Tony Brothers being so ruthless to Toronto Raptors 

Post#22 » by rarefind » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:55 am

His wife got banged by a Raptor player
rarefind
RealGM
And1: 10,055

Post#23 » by rarefind » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:56 am

Duffman100 wrote:
JackedFinancier wrote:JV was pretty demonstrative on that specific play. I dont think it was out of the realm of reason to T him up.

Yeah JV deserved the tech. There was definite trash talking going on between the two, but JV showed him up.

That being said, Brothers has a long history of ****ing us over.

Tech was deserved... even JV knew it
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#24 » by Boogie! » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:35 am

omar36 wrote:that was a tech, literally every ref would called it.

still tho, it was amazing. love that fight in jv. the way he was yelling at him :lol:

he wasnt even yelling at him... thats the thing. he was yelling at some other ref and tony brown td him up from the side.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Rookie
And1: 1,023

Post#25 » by 416 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 am

Costanza23 wrote:Both of them are ridiculous. I wish Silver would have a good hard look at the Tony brothers and their decision making against Toronto. Its absurd.
Yo realgm, we just gonna let this wasteman slide lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using RealGM mobile app
thanks sh00n
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#26 » by johanliebert » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:57 am

JackedFinancier wrote:JV was pretty demonstrative on that specific play. I dont think it was out of the realm of reason to T him up.

Demonstrative. Lmao that’s jone’s favourite word,
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#27 » by niQ » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Other teams complain about him too. He's probably up there as one of the worse right next to Ed Malloy and Scott Foster.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#28 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Zeno wrote:
lebron stopper wrote:
simmons21 wrote:It's not just the Raptors...

Read on Twitter

Yeah Tony Brothers is just a brutal referee in general. Scott Foster too.

So the question is, if he's recognized as being a crap ref and the NBA grades refs and rewards the best ones with playoff games, why does Tony "Hitman" Brothers go deep in the playoffs every year?

thats if you believe there is a system :lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
webeye
Sixth Man
And1: 1,127

Post#29 » by webeye » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Boogie! wrote:
omar36 wrote:that was a tech, literally every ref would called it.

still tho, it was amazing. love that fight in jv. the way he was yelling at him :lol:

he wasnt even yelling at him... thats the thing. he was yelling at some other ref and tony brown td him up from the side.

I don't think he was yelling at a ref, at least not to get the T. Looked like he was taunting Montrezl, or at least trying to show him up. Jobaka! had 41/14 in 42 minutes, and in the first half JV couldn't miss. I think JV had a tech to spend. He earned the T.
Costanza23
Senior
And1: 882

Post#30 » by Costanza23 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm

416 wrote:
Costanza23 wrote:Both of them are ridiculous. I wish Silver would have a good hard look at the Tony brothers and their decision making against Toronto. Its absurd.
Yo realgm, we just gonna let this wasteman slide lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using RealGM mobile app

Sit down, rookie and dont @ me.
v1n5anity
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#31 » by v1n5anity » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:20 pm

I didn't really see any bad calls by Brothers in this game. Unless the Raps were just too good and even with the refs' help, the Clips just couldn't catch up. If that's the case, we need to win convincingly every game. Close games get us all the time.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#32 » by Badonkadonk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:23 pm

I just think he's not great at his job. I've seen similar comments about Brothers on other team forums.
soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Post#33 » by soloxylo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Tony Brothers just a notoriously bad ref in general, it's nothing personal against the Raptors. Him, Ken Mauer, Marc Davis and Courtney Kirkland are some of the worst in the league, surprised Kirkland even still has a job.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#34 » by team edward » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:32 pm

He never gets invited to Mona’s parties.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#35 » by The_Hater » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:34 pm

I think he might just be a bad ref, and perhaps the Raptors aren’t the only team who thinks he hates their team.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#36 » by The_Hater » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:41 pm

soloxylo wrote:Tony Brothers just a notoriously bad ref in general, it's nothing personal against the Raptors. Him, Ken Mauer, Marc Davis and Courtney Kirkland are some of the worst in the league, surprised Kirkland even still has a job.

You missed Scott Foster, he was the rep for being the absolute worst.

Mauer actually gets extremely high grades from the players but they all hate Marc Davis.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-best-worst-referees-20160131-story.html
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
biblast
RealGM
And1: 4,799

Post#37 » by biblast » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:02 pm

rarefind wrote:His wife got banged by a Raptor player

You mean his boyfriend!
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#38 » by cruwinas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:29 pm

I think he wanted to get sex-change operation performed in Canada, but got refuted cause he is mentality unstable. That got him completely messed up. He tries to gather enough money by betting on the games, but he always fails. The guy is nothing but a failure.
:crazy:
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#39 » by deeps6x » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Because I've been calling him Fat Tony for years?

Hates Customs Lineups?

Lowry's comments to him?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Post#40 » by soloxylo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:32 pm

The_Hater wrote:
soloxylo wrote:Tony Brothers just a notoriously bad ref in general, it's nothing personal against the Raptors. Him, Ken Mauer, Marc Davis and Courtney Kirkland are some of the worst in the league, surprised Kirkland even still has a job.

You missed Scott Foster, he was the rep for being the absolute worst.

Mauer actually gets extremely high grades from the players but they all hate Marc Davis.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-best-worst-referees-20160131-story.html

Mauer is good, he just gives the Raptors a bad whistle a lot of the times. Foster is an absolute dick, yea no one likes Marc Davis at all.

Return to Toronto Raptors